Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Game of Cathar and Nezumi

Somewhere along the edge of Sith Space...
The life of a smuggler took you across the galaxy. Always on the move, never really settling in one place as you bounced around the galaxy. There was never a day where you wouldn't start at one side of the galaxy, and find yourself on the complete opposite before the day was done.

A part of Evelyn missed having something or someone to keep you grounded. She had left that behind years ago, running away from what haunted her.

Still did, if she was going to be honest with herself.

The Echani sighed as she drummed her fingers against the glass in her hand. It was tempting to just drown herself in alcohol, an easy tool in helping to forget. But they had been the ones to help her out of that downward spiral years ago, and it would just be spitting on their memory if she fell back on that.

Didn't stop her from winding up in dingy 'decent' cantinas. Evelyn had been chasing after a lead, knowing at the very least the goods they had meant to smuggle originally was meant for someone, somewhere in Sith Space. But the moment she had gotten into the outer edges of it, the lead went cold.

A frustrating situation, but one Evelyn was determined to find a solution to.

For now, she remained in her little corner booth. Sipping at her drink while glancing out from beneath her hooded jacket. The Echani wasn't exactly hiding per se, but having pure white hair made you stick out like a sore thumb.

Tag: Evelyn Shaw Evelyn Shaw

Better-Sized.png

This sort of scum always seemed to thrive out here in the frontier of space, far from authority and Sith rule. Viktoria Elyssia Anetheas always despised going out this far from Bastion and the center of Sith space, but she was not someone that shied away from things she didn't like. If she did, she would never has risen as far as she had in the Empire. Though she was not nearly as high as she would like, and that was why she was here.

She was here to follow the next step of an investigation into taking down one of her rivals in the Inquisition. The game of politics was a cutthroat one, and as of yet, she was not a Lord able to call upon minions and pawns to do her dirty work for her. When she wanted something done, she had to do it herself. Not that she technically minded. Getting her hands dirty every once in awhile was fun, after all. Especially when she was investigating smuggled goods coming in and out of the Empire.

Crime could be useful, even she could admit that. But only if the criminals had incentive to work for you, and not against you. Circumventing certain rules and regulations had proven advantageous in the past, and it was going to help now. That was as long as she could recruit this smuggler, Evelyn Shaw. She had reason to believe this Echani was following the same leads she was, and that meant their goals aligned. Nothing to inspire one of these spacer scoundrels than mutual interest and the capital she had at her disposal.

She entered the establishment, the hood of her coat up over her head. Her eyes examined the cantina, looking for the white hair of her target. Echani were not hard to spot, and it wasn't long before her target was spotted. Putting a smile on her face, the Sith slid into the woman's corner booth.

"You must be Evelyn Shaw. I've been looking for you, and someone of your talents."

Evelyn always glanced over whenever one of the doors opened, interest piqued to see just how would come through. It was always some entertainment watching as certain individuals walked into the premises. There were the typical archetypes, such as the regulars that would always call out to one of the staff. The gamblers that would make an immediate beeline for the tables. More often there would be the downtrodden, dragging their feet in to try and drink their worries away.

And then there was the aristocrats, a mixed bag in of themselves. A lot of the time they failed in trying to disguise themselves, forgetting to remove their fancy jewelry before leaving their gaudy homes. But every now and then, there would be a few that knew what they were doing, knew what to avoid showing off if they wanted to remain incognito.

The Echani's eyes passed by Viktoria's form, thinking nothing more of her other than what she had noted in that moment. Fancy-ish clothes, walks like an aristocrat.

It wasn't until Evelyn realized she was being approached, that she looked back.

"Sorry, this table is occu-" She was mid-sip as the hooded woman slid into her booth, sitting opposite of her. That's when Evelyn saw them, the eyes.

Practically glowing beneath the woman's hood.

Sith.

Chit. Are you karking kidding me?!

Encountering a Sith was not often a good thing, more so when they directly addressed you by your name.

To Evelyn's credit though, after that moment of surprise she quickly slipped into a more casual posture, despite her instincts telling her to remain on alert.

"Well, you're certainly starting off on a good foot, with the compliment." The Echani felt her mouth grow dry all of a sudden, so she took a sip. "Why exactly have you been looking for me? Must be quite something if you've come out all the way to the fringes."

Just play it cool Evie...don't piss off the SIth.

Tag: Evelyn Shaw Evelyn Shaw

Better-Sized.png

The Inquisitor carefully examined the reactions of the Echani smuggler, committing every detail to memory. First impressions were everything, as they said, and Viktoria was always certain to ensure that she gave the proper first impression for every situation. In this particular instance, the impression she needed to give off was power. Projecting power, and confidence, and the aura of knowledge of everything. She had to present herself as all powerful, all knowing. Worthy of fear, of respect. Of cooperation.

Based on the subtle nervous tics shown by the smuggler, it seemed that she had accomplished this intended projection.

She lowered her hood, taking a moment to smooth her already perfectly done hair, unable to keep herself from ensuring that her appearance was perfect for the situation.

"You are nervous. Do not be. If I had intended you harm, I would not bother speaking with you. I would have simply had you harmed without leaving my office."

The Sith waived over a staff member, her eyes never leaving the Echani.

"Wine, please. Your most expensive vintage."

She refused to allow the swill usually consumed at this establishment to touch her tongue unless it was paramount to her goals, and her assumptions told her that at this time, it was not paramount.

"Well, Miss Shaw, you have been pursuing leads on certain smuggling goods coming in and out of Sith space. It is what brought you here, no? I happen to be investigating the same goods. It seemed only pertinent for our efforts to be combined. To work together, as it were. I assure you, you shall be compensated."

You are nervous. Do not be.

Easy to say when you weren't seated opposite to someone who could very likely snap your neck without raising their hand. At the very least, Viktoria seemed to be all for getting business done, not wanting to spare time on anything else.

Her holier-than-thou attitude certainly gave the Echani that impression. She didn't want to be here, seated in such a place amongst it's 'lowly denizens'. Although, Evelyn's curiosity got the better of her and she mused whether the woman was even familiar with this kind of neighbourhood. Did she have to survive on the streets, or was she born with that silver spoon in her mouth.

The Echani took a sip of her drink, watching as the Sith ordered some expensive wine. Definitely the latter.

She remained quiet as Viktoria spoke, brown eyes never leaving those burning amber that were staring back. Internally, Evelyn cursed her luck. Of course she'd wind up crossing paths with a Sith.

But like the good Captain used to say: 'If a client is all business, the chances of a backstab are lower, most of the time.'

That could also apply to Sith...right?

"I've been following the trail the goods were meant to take. Unfortunately, the physical items themselves were confiscated by the OPA." Evelyn hoped that the Sith was like her, looking for the people rather than the goods. Otherwise...well, this deal wasn't going to carry on much longer. "But I managed to get a copy of the data, where it was intended to go. Led me to this very planet, then nothing." She went to take a sip, only to realize her cup had already ran dry. Damn. "My assumption is that a contact was meant to be met here, to hand over the goods to be taken deeper into Sith space."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom