Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A future rewarded (Haven + Karen)

Haven Pryde

Pirate Queen | ODF Marine
Have Pryde arrived early and found the woman waiting outside for her, she smirked at Karen and walked up to her in jeans, heels.. and a sweater... all tight and form fitting. As she walked up she brushed her hair from her face and looked at her Nice to see you again Miss Roberts she said while trying to remain respectful and polite.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Good heavens Sister Pryde? You look ravishing. Haha. Welcome. I'm glad you could make it."

Karen beamed a smile. She put her letters away and motioned for them to take a walk through the parkway. The grass was green and the trees were blooming swirls of yellow.

"Join me for a walk would you. There is a excellent spot just in the park over here where we can begin our lesson for the day."

Karen played hostess and lead the group through the sprawling open area. They came to rest a shining marble picnic area not far from the Hospital building. It was calm and peaceful, but you could still here the sounds of the city from a distance.

"We'll begin with meditation. My training in Force Healing springs from traditional Jedi roots, you see. So we will always begin our lessons by meditating for a few minutes. Collecting our thoughts and setting our spirits at ease."

The blue-haired woman motioned for Pryde to find a seat amongst the marble benches.

"Find a seat and begin meditating for a few minutes. Then, awaken and tell me what you thought about. Do you feel peaceful and at ease? Or is there something on your mind which is bothering you? ...It is important we are ready for learning. Go ahead. Begin when you are ready."

*ooc: lesson 1. step 1: mediate for 3 minutes. then awaken and talk about how your character is feeling that day. begin when ready.
*ooc: note: all ooc comments will be deleted upon thread completion. thx.

Haven Pryde

As Haven walked with her to the courtyard she smirked and found a seat on a bench and began to meditate and focused her thoughts, as she rested there in meditation her thoughts only wanted to focus on one thing...her parents murder all those years ago...she felt guilty, like always she hadn't know or wasn't able to reveal the true reasons why they were murdered, so this is why she feels guit.

As she continues to meditate she concentrate's on her own inner abilities... as she meditates she simply finds her mind is stuck on one thing, she finds it disturbing and the pang of guilt is ridiculing her, she misses her parents even though she never really got the ability to meet them, but most of all she misses her aunt and uncle.

(OOC: I take it this takes at least a couple posts to complete?)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen took a seat opposite Haven and began to meditate herself. Clearing her mind and 'Grasping the Mountains'. Her vision became clear and her mind's eye filtered the world into gold. She was at peace and the Force could flow through her.

She waited for Haven to awaken from her trance and discuss what she had felt. Part of learning is being aware. If Haven could bring peace to her mind and her heart? Then surely should could accomplish anything Karen had to teach her.

Haven Pryde

Haven continued to meditate and once she felt someone near her she opened her own eyes and decided it was time for an explanation.

The force has weird ways to show me serenity it seems she commented in a more depressed manner My parents continue to haunt me from there graves.... I don't know why they were killed but they were gunned down outside my aunt's hoth residence, you see they were a jedi and sith pair.... I've been told they sacrificed their lives to make sure I was safe. she said showing emotion Every time I meditate all my mind want's to focus on is the day they died... I don't know why she responded and then just stopped talking.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Closure. Loss. It was something that Karen understood. All too well. All too well,

"That is a personal bit. I'm. I'm sorry for your loss. But... Well. We. You, and I. ...We must be mindful of the present. No doubt your parents loved you very much. Perhaps they would be happy to see how you've grown. Indeed. They must be hopeful for your future too. Of your goals? ...Your dreams. And your desires."

Karen paused to rub her hands together and think.

"I'm sure they would be very proud of the woman you've become. And I have no doubt that where ever they are now? They could be at peace knowing what a special woman that I see before me."

She stopped to let that pass. It was a quiet moment that Haven needed now. A chance to think. Not about yesterday. But about making for herself, a better tomorrow.

Haven Pryde

Haven listened to the womans words and then smirked at her, it would be good if she could forget about the memories of her parents dieing and find some sort of absolution and find some way to place it out of her mind but she didn't see that coming any time soon... As she sat here she looked at @[member="Karen Roberts"] and thought about it and then responded.

It's been a long time, and even though I never really got the chance to know them they are the reason why I am who I am today she said with a calm clarity and then waited for the other woman's response or next instruction.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Indeed they are. Well. I suppose that we should begin, yes? Come. Let's go inside."

Karen arose and pointed them towards the Hospital not far from their rest. She talked as they walked together,

"I've made arrangements for us to visit a few ill and despairing patients at the Hospital today. We'll grab a few Clergy Badges so we can visit some of the Hospital Wings without being harassed by nurses or clerks. Hehe. Go where we please, I suppose. This will give you a chance to watch me use the Force to heal some minor traumas. Then, when you feel confident enough? You can try your luck at healing some of the illnesses too."

They moved inside the large glass building and greeted the hostess with a smile. Karen gave her name and received two ID badges that named Haven and Karen as 'Religious Clergymen'. Now they could move about the Hospital without incident.

"To begin. Healing is the art of realigning someone's body with their spirit through faith. Every mortal being is composed of two parts you see? A spirit and a body. Both look alike and can be assumed to function similar. A man's spirit looks like his body just the same way that a woman's spirit looks like her body. I expect this is because the human spirit fills the body and grants it purpose. Philosophy aside... You will discover that when someone's body is broken or hurt? That their spirit is just fine underneath. Like an ethereal blueprint waiting to be put back together. Realigned, I suppose. ...Anyway. Long ago the Jedi mastered the techniques of using the Force to heal others by summoning the power of their spirit form. Effectively using the Force as a catalyst between the matters of body and spirit. ...Fascinating stuff really. Somebody should write a book."

She paused as they shuffled into an elevator.

"Science aside. And pardon me for explaining so much. But all we really do is place our hands upon the afflicted and ask the Force to do the rest. If we are believing and our host is ready? Then the Force will heal the person of their afflictions. Restoring their physical form to the perfect image of their spirit. Everything in it's place. It our belief and willpower as healers that forms the raw substance from which the Force can reshape matter. Thusly, it will be your faith, or your belief, that will represent your own personal power as a healer. The stronger your willpower and your connection with the Force? The grander and more impressive your healing ability will be made manifest. Such is the way of all faith-based Jedi techniques. The greater your faith? The greater the miracles you can achieve."

Karen pushed the button for the tenth floor and smiled,

"So I suppose today you will be hearing me pray a few times. Hehe. But fear not, the Force is with us. We have come to help these people recover more fully. In time you will learn your own prayer. And with it you will learn to heal the sick just as I."

Haven Pryde

(OOC: Sorry @[member="Karen Roberts"], totally spaced this lol)

As Haven listened to the woman that was explaining the procedure to her of faith healing she smirked at her and listened with intent and took in the information, she had always thought that you could focus the force through your own body to heal others and hadn't known it was also about faith, as she listened she watched as they were given badges and walked with the other woman to the elevator and was directed to the tenth floor and nodded as the woman explained the techniques for healing others.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The two women continued forward as the elevator doors opened. Karen lead them to a nearby room with an open door. Inside lay a teenage boy, human, of about eighteen years old. He seemed whole but tired and in a lot of pain. Karen approached his bedside with a smile as the teenager failed to arise.

"Hello Cody. I'm Doctor Roberts and this is my assistant Lady Pryde. How are you feeling today."

The boy rolled his shoulders and looked the other way. He seemed lost and list-less, even as he spoke.

"...Fine."

"I see. Well. Your mother asked if we would come and see you today. She seemed to think that we could help you recover from your accident faster."

The boy didn't move. Just waited a moment. Before replying with a shrug.

"Well Cody. Do you mind if we just talk for a moment? Miss Pryde and I would like to discuss a few things with you."

Again. The teenager paused a moment only to shrug again. His eyes were lost out the window.

"Ya know. Lady Pryde and myself both lost our fathers at a very young age too. Just like you Cody. We know what it is like to be cooped up in this Hospital with no one to come and visit you."

To this remark the boy seemed to get angry and rolled over in his blue bed. Almost shouting at the far wall as he covered his head with a pillow,

"What would you know!? You say my mom asked you to come and see me? Why would she!? ...She hasn't even been in to see me since surgery. And she probably won't let my sister come see me either. This must all be a joke to them. They don't even care."

Karen felt sad for the teenager. Here he was recovering from a strong illness and injury. And his only parent refused to come and see him. It was so sad to see him lying there. So angry. So full of pain and fatigue.

Roberts turned to Haven and motioned her forward to speak to the boy. Maybe she could soften his heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom