Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Fresh Start

Holly stood behind the counter, smiling at the old man, waiting for something to do. He walked over smiling at her. "Shouldn't you be upstairs resting? Especially since you seem to have taken quite a hit." He pointed to the wound in her shoulder, to which Holly quickly covered. "C'mon, I'm fine, I can help out for a while."

The old man then pointed to a shelf behind her. "There's a box of supplies up there, grab it down and you can start stacking some of these shelves." Holly turns on her heel and tries to find the box the old man spoke of, though she couldn't find anything. She continued to search for it, but something else caught her attention. The sound of something clicking behind her. She turned slowly to find the man pointing a rifle at her.

"You're not him are you?" The old man simply looked her dead in the eyes and smiled, before pulling the trigger, stunning Holly where you stood. While all this was happening, Dominic was sat upstairs just relaxing. "It is awfully coincidental, but maybe our luck is changing" if only he knew how wrong he was.

Amaris Tanenat

A
"Are you sure you don't remember anything about him?" Amaris asked, tilting her head slightly as she glanced towards Dominic Shiro Dominic Shiro and Vaya Vaya . It just seemed too convenient. Amaris's luck didn't work like that. She found herself in bad situations & generally got out, but it wasn't an easy out. Although, to be fair, she wouldn't call the previous day easy...

But still. "Coincidence, yeah. I wish I had coincidences like this all the time."

Amaris's ear twitched as she heard something fall. Huh, maybe the old man had dropped something. She shrugged it off for now as she rubbed her sore arms together. Her eyes watched as the old man entered. "No allergies here," she commented quietly as she glanced to the other two.

Maybe it was intuition, but something was screaming at her. But also, maybe that was her stomach. She was really, really hungry after all...

Vaya laid down clutching her stomach, or stomachs as the case may be. It was extremely important for a Twi'lek really, due to the scarcity of regular food on Ryloth, the having of multiple stomachs gave them a much wider range of things to eat because they could digest so many more items. Cocking her head at the question of remembering anything about them, and how much of a coincidence it was. Not that Vaya was fully fed enough to even think of such a thing. She did take a more noticing glance at Amaris Tanenat as she noticed the twitch of the ear, "Something wrong?" she prompted.

The question of allergies was heard,
"None here either!" she said aloud, "I am so freaking hungry."

"No, I don't really remember anything from my childhood, and the memories from the first three years of your life are usually locked away somewhere in your mind so I really don't have a clue who he is. But Holly seems to know him and she's never been wrong before." He responded to the question from Amaris. The geezer enter asking for allergies to which Dominic simply shook his head.

The old man stood in the doorway to the kitchen, waiting for the replies from the group, eventually realising that no one had allergies so he could make pretty much whatever he wanted. Dominic shot up and followed him into the next room. "
So, what's Holly up to?" the old man turned and looked at Dom straight in the eye before speaking. "She insisted on helping so I just gave her a task of stacking some shelves, nothing too strenuous. Though she fell flat on her ass when she tried to get some boxes down." The old man and Dominic shared a slight chuckled as he looked through the cupboards for something. "So, where'd you meet your friends?" Dominic gave a sigh and smiled slightly.

"
That's a... little bit of a strange story. See, me and Holly got into a bit of trouble with some other friends and we decided to try and hitch a ride from Tattooine to some nice planet, but we ended up getting into a fight in some pirate base and so we subsequently ended up killing quite a few of them and stole one of their ships. We found Amaris, The cat woman, and Vaya, the Twi'lek in that same base. Now we're headed for Ryloth as soon as we find the money for some fuel." Dominic noticed a magazine on the counter and out stretched his hand using the force to bring it towards him, though it seemed to take quite a bit more out of him than it had before. He found it a slight bit strenuous to pull it toward him, almost like something was muffling his connection to the force. "Oh, that whole thing was you? Hmm, well there's already quite a hefty bounty on you lot. You should probably stay here for a while and just keep your heads down. After all, none of you really blend in with a crowd."

He had a point, the group essentially consisted of a girl with a very visible scar on her shoulder, some teen with a mechanical eye, a cat lady and a blue Twi'lek. Not the most incognito of people.

Amaris Tanenat

A
Amaris shook her head at Vaya's question. Nothing wrong that she could tell. It just felt off, in general, at least. Not her best feeling. But she was also starving and exhausted, so perhaps that is what really was bugging Amaris.

"Same," she muttered as - if on cue - her stomach growled, loudly. A nervous giggle escaped as she focused back on Dominic. He didn't remember them but he trusted Holly to remember. Weren't they close to the same age? Amaris gave a brief nod. "Well, I'm guessing he is," she whispered to Dominic. "But something feels... Off? You know?"

That's what the noise was, then. Holly fell. Dominic explained the situation to the old man and Amaris simply listened to it. She had nothing to add. And in truth, Amaris just wasn't her usual self at the moment. Her ears were flat back on her head still and her fur slightly puffed.

He knew they had a bounty on them? She glanced to Dominic, as if asking for reassurances that he wouldn't just turn them in for the bounty. He wasn't exactly wealthy. "Slavers are the worst kind of people..."

Dominic Shiro Dominic Shiro Vaya Vaya

Vaya frowned as Amaris Tanenat shook her head. Not exactly the most convincing response. But neither of them had eaten in awhile and Vaya did not have the energy to actually think through what was wrong with this scenario. Further being joyed by more bringing up of food. Ah, how good it would be to eat again. Not catching on with Amaris's comment of things feeling off, she had noticed the clear signs to her of being at the very least uncomfortable, but she wasn't quite aware to hear the whisper. Mostly not able either to hear the whole story that Dominic Shiro Dominic Shiro was giving to the man. She waved a hand as she heard her name mentioned in introduction, and that they were planning to head to Ryloth.

She looked up a bit more concerned as he mentioned a hefty bounty being on them, that wasn't at all great. And the following comment from Amaris about slavers being the worst people, Vaya made a clicking noise, "Unfortunately they're not uncommon either. Still have trouble with them on Ryloth." she grumbled to herself. After-all that was the whole reason she was off world at all wasn't it.

Dominic looked back at the pair, responding to Amaris' less than confident look with a mere shrug, as in all reality, he really had no clue if they could trust the old timer. "Hmm, well as I said we're going there next so maybe we can do something about those slavers." He said with a slight smirk, trying to liven the mood just a little bit. He flicked a few pages in whatever brand of magazine this was, until looking back up from the pages to find himself fixated on a small discrepancy in the wall paper. Before he could bring the point up though, the old man turned his attention back toward their predicament. "So, what exactly did you need again?" Dominic took a second to fully acknowledge him before taking to leaning on the door frame.

"
Well, first and foremost is likely food, as these two have been complaining for quite some time now that their starved, and then clothes for Amaris here. Other than that though, fuel. If I remember correctly, we barely had enough to make it here." The old man crept around Dominic while reaching beneath the counter into a small cupboard, gripping the handle of a blaster which he would then hold in both hands and take aim at Dominic while his back was turned.

Due to the muffled force ability, Dominic failed to realise the old man's deception and subsequently, shared the same fate as his sister. Stunned, laying on the floor. Mr Reins. Then took to firing on the pair in front of him, hoping to get them in a few hits and not trash his front room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom