Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Foot On The Path

82JiY9q.png

The clinic was starting to feel empty as more things were slowly being moved out. So many fun and educational memories happened in this very place, and now... now they were relocating. 'I'll miss this place.' thought Jin'lian as they continued to help put things into boxes. If he remembered correctly, the last of the patients would be moved out today, and then the remaining items in the medical wing. Picking up the filled box, he took it over to the lifter, stacking it next to the other boxes. Looking over to the left, Jin could see the last few occupied beds in the next room from where he stood. They looked peaceful, asleep, for the best though with what's coming.

It was sad to see them like that still, and though nothing could be done now, it didn't mean there isn't something they can do in the future. "I wonder what comes next for me?" he asked aloud, moving over to the table to continue sorting. A few initiates from the Beetle Clan had already been taken on by masters, but with the wartime, things did feel uncertain. "Space temple sounds boring really wish we could stay here," Jin'lian said to themselves more softly as their ears drooped a little. It wasn't just that it sounded boring, but this temple was home. All the memories were here, both good and bad. To know this place was under threat and they were moving—it was sad. Trapped in silent contemplation, they'd go back to the monotonous task, trying to clear their mind again.

Jin'lian Jin'lian
Tirin arrived with a purpose, a sense of urgency underlying his every step. His mission was clear: to retrieve someone precious under his protection. With the weight of responsibility on his shoulders, he sought out the one he had come for. Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru . Once he ensured her move would go fine with out any complications he gathered the little gem he had left near her sleeping presence. He couldn't let the little gem get lost in the move just was well as not loosing the little blonde.

Upon completing his task, Tirin's keen eyes caught sight of a figure, a small blonde, near the edge of his vision. He approached with a languid step.

"Little one, come here, please," Tirin called out, his voice firm yet not compleately devoid of warmth. "I am Tirin. What is your name?" he inquired,

Ever so neatly he placed the folders into the container adjusting their positions to maximize the space. There had been people coming in and out all day so the person who came in and into the next room completely went under Jin'lian's radar. Taking the next folder into hand, a data disc slid out clattering across the floor. "Ohh no come back here little disk," they said in tiny panic and rushing over for it. Crouching down his claws delicately picking it up off the ground and sliding it back into the folders empty sleeve.

Going back over to the station and putting it into the box, a voice called out to Jin'lian. Lilac eyes looked up into purple. "Mhm," he hummed in affirmation closing the box up but leaving the lid ajar to let others know it's an unfinished box. "Okay." Coming over to the man with black hair, Jin'lian bowed respectfully. "I am Jin'lian, are... are you in need of assistance?" He asked in a polite yet energetic tone.

Jin'lian Jin'lian
"I am, indeed. Kindly attend to your current obligation. I require your assistance,"
he uttered, his voice carrying a somber undertone. He slid on the crystal necklace, his hand instinctively covering the gem protectively, as if its mere touch could alleviate his apprehension. "I have a list of requisitions for you. I need all of these supplies prepared and readily available for collection," Tirin stated, producing a small data pad and extending it to the petite blonde. "Do you believe you can accomplish this task?"

One ear flicked at hearing the man was in need of assistance. Finally something to break up box filling, then again he was not exactly needed rather volunteering here like most days. Though, Jin could not help but note the sad tone, with a slight tilt of their head, Tirin also put something around his neck. Not that it was their business, but they way the Master Jedi held the pendant made them think it was something special. Upon actually hearing the task it seemed simple enough.

Taking the Datapad, Jin'lian looked it over first flicking down the lines. "A few FBS, vent, woah quite the variety of tubes, pressure release mattress, stockings..." Jin would continue to read the whole list off aloud till finally they reached the end. In their expression it was easy to read they were trying to remember the temporary locations for each item. Some felt like some could require investigation.

"This is quite a bit of stuff, but I think so. Lots of these are sort of in similar places I think or they where. Now as most things have been brought to the front. It could take a little." Going over to an empty loader Jin slotted the Datapad into the holder and began to pull it towards the vastly empty store room. Entering inside it was easy to see further down shelves emptied and boxes stacked ready for transport. "Are you looking after someone unwell?" Jin asked bluntly pulling up to the first stop. Being equipment for emergencies sometime and probably the more heavier. He would make his approach to the ventilators checking the tags.

Flicking through them one at a time he'd find the one that had Master Tirin Raene. "Here we go, first thing." Draping the cables over their arm and reaching to take a secure hold, the teen pulled it from the shelf. With a little effort Jin started to carry the hefty machine to the loader.

Jin'lian Jin'lian
"Ah... yes. One of my Padawans was attacked by a vile Sith... And, well, I would rather keep her close to me than lock her away in some distant hospital," Tirin stated, his expression grave as he gazed at the gem. "I haven't had much luck with Padawans... My first Padawan was murdered by a Sith," he sighed softly, his shoulders slumping.

"Allow me to assist," Tirin said softly, reaching out a hand to levitate the item and gently remove it, placing it neatly on the repulse loader.

"All you need to do is point them out to me. Okay, Jin'lian?" Tirin asked gently, offering a weak smile to the petite blonde and moving to gently pet their head.

"How about you... how's your luck been with Masters?"

Last edited:

That was indeed a sad story. It made him understand why Master Raene had such a somber tone to his words. There were many people like that who visited this place, those who carried sad expressions. Healing was neither perfect nor quick. "Sorry to hear about your losses," Jin expressed as the ventilator was taken from their hands, appreciating the assistance. "Thank you, and there isn't too much heavy stuff." Feeling a hand pet the top of their head, Jin's ears flicked and twitched as his tail stood tall. Seeing Tirin's small smile, he would give a big smile back in return.

Healers often told them that a smile can heal hearts. "Well, other initiates in my clan have started to get Masters, though no one has approached me yet. With these bad people uprooting us, I imagine many masters will be off to defend people. It's okay though, if I don't get chosen," Jin said, pausing a moment. "I suppose that would be okay too. Eventually, I would be sorted into one of the courses."

Moving off to a different shelf opposite the ventilators, Jin found the EKG monitors and looked through their tags too. "I kind of understand wanting to do homecare with your unwell student. I... I don't think I would enjoy the Space Temple as much as I do home, this temple." Finding the right one, Jin pulled it forward. "This one's got your name on it," he said with a chirp, stepping out of the way.

Jin'lian Jin'lian

Tirin elevated what was indicated and nestled it neatly on the small lift. "Thank you," Tirin chirped. "I have a student by the name of Loomi Loomi . Right now, I intend on staying somewhere else, a little more secluded and stationary, and working on things there... May I ask what your interests and studies are? Do you know what kind of future you would like?"

Last edited:

"Well at the moment, I start the mornings off with physical strength training and improving my over all agility. In the afternoon we were studying, meditations and learning the basic skillsets of a jedi. Though every spare moment I come here to the clinic." He'd go back towards the loader tugging it along behind again. "I like it here in the clinic, hearing about healing techniques both and helping them. There's lots I am not aloud to do though, I get told I'm to young." Never stopped the endless questioned filled with curiosity and desire to learn.

"I want to be a healer, but I don't want to spend a lifetime cooped up in a clinic, y'know?" Jin's steps slowed down, their lilac eyes shifting from left to right looking down the aisle. That was not all, because they were think what exactly they wanted. "I don't think I know what direction I'd like to go exactly." Seeing the box with 'pressure mattress' inscribed Jin pointed it out. That was the last of the heavy things.

Jin'lian Jin'lian
"I think I understand... if you would like a more... scenic place to study, you are welcome to come with me," Tirin offered softly. Tirin secured the mattress next with ease, maintaining the conversation effortlessly. "It will require earnest dedication from yourself, however," Tirin added softly. "How does that sound?"

It took a second to process those words as the teen swung their head round towards the Master. "Huh, wait are you serious?" For a moment the box broke their line of sight and the man continued on. Jin'lian felt excitement, pure ecstatic electric excitement. "I—I would absolutely love to." They said with a beaming expression. "I'm no stranger to hard work, as I've helped out here everyday for the last," Jin brought both hands up counting in their hands. "Seven years."

"Eeeeeee and scenic place to study too. I am so down." Their tail would quiver despite Jin maintaining the resistance to hop around. If he was to be honest, there was a moment this kind of opportunity might not have presented itself. With a little respectful bow towards him Jin composed themselves. "Master Tirin, I would be honoured to be your student."

j9tLrW8.png

Last edited:
Jin'lian Jin'lian

Tirin smiled warmly as he observed the blossoming excitement in the small one's eyes. "Very well then, it shall be done," he affirmed, his tone gentle. "Thank you for your assistance. I'll make sure you have everything packed up and ready to go. Once we're finished here, you can bring your belongings to Bay Eight. We're in the final stages of gathering what we need before we depart."

He paused, his expression thoughtful yet reassuring. "Rest assured, I'll take care of all the necessary paperwork and arrangements. You focus on getting ready for our journey ahead."

It was by no means a dance, but regardless, their expression and body language clearly showed pure happiness. "I'll leave the grown-up stuff in your hands... Master." Jin'lian's smile turned into a big, toothy grin. It was as if, for the moment, it was hard to pull their cheeks back into a normal place.

"Also, I honestly do not have so much stuff. Like four sets of robes, what I carry on me, and an alarm clock... though I think that may actually be the temple's. It's kinda all scratched up now and they don't last." Their eyes looked back onto the list, tapping the screen that dimmed for a moment. The rest was mostly the tubes and things which would be back down at the other end near the entrance again.

"Not, that I am saying I am lazy in mornings," they blurted out to correct any potential misunderstanding. "The alarm clock spooks me out of my dreams and instinctively tap the clock across the room."

They'd push the loader into one of the rows before pulling it back out so they could continue back down towards the beginning again. "We have only the small things on the list now. Catheters, Ventricular drains, erm," They'd shakily float the datapad to their hand and read off it. "A few flexpoly bacta suits. Last but not least, stockings." Coming back to near the beginning, Jin stopped. "Bacta suits are perishable so they will not be tagged. They are up there," Jin'lian said, pointing up to the shelf.

"It's not on the list, but I and many of us in the clinic swear by grippy socks. I can, grab some for you and, Loomi Loomi was it?" They asked reassuring the name to memory and they'd likely be Jin's senior after all. With datapad in hand, Jin went down the aisle of shelves and looked at the basket-like containers. He'd take the number needed before taking them to the loader. These were all the small things and it was fine to handle it himself. After all, Tirin had taken care of all the heavy things.
j9tLrW8.png

Last edited:
Jin'lian Jin'lian

"I'm sure she would appreciate the kind gesture..." Tirin trailed off, choosing not to mention the fact that Loomi didn't have feet in the typical sense. "Thank you for all the assistance," Tirin said as he gathered the rest of the supplies with ease. "I'll take these and get your paperwork together and taken care of," Tirin offered softly. "We'll have to go out and find a few nice things for you then if you don't have that many... But we'll do it once everything is taken care of."

Very quickly the various types of packs with their tubes and parts was put onto the loader. "I am so glad to hear." Jin moved over to where the stocking and socks where making sure to get three packs of socks for themself, Tirin and Loomi adding them to the loader. Seeing the man preparing to take the supplies himself. Jin thought to let the others know before running off to pack. They'd nod enthusiastically at Tirin's words with an hummed huff. "I will go get my things ready too."

"Heee hehehe I finally have a Master," they joyously said to themselves as once more Jin'lian walked with a bounce in their step. Of course, the cattari teen ran off to let the others know in the clinic. Each of them gave congratulating or encouraging words that would definitely be written down in their diary. There was so much to be written for today. After he sprinted down every empty hallway slowing just before each corner.

Jin'lian found the further you was from certain masters when caught running, the less of a warning was given. Jin'lian could not contain bundles of energy in them. Eventually he'd make it to the shared room of four. There was no one else inside which was a shame because it would have been nice to let someone know, but this time of day and the times it was somewhat expected.

Jin quickly wrote something into a page of the diary and tore it out before that was placed into the small cream and dark brown rucksack. Next the robes inside. Placing the page onto the pillow Jin'lian took one last look at the room filled with many memories. The Cattari smiled and decided to take the beat up alarm clock into their hand. In that moment the clock stopped making him chuckle out loud. That too was placed next to the note. How funny the force was Jin thought finally leaving home.

Almost every step of the way, Jin'lian either sprinted or skipped to hanger eight.
j9tLrW8.png

Jin'lian Jin'lian

By the time they reached Bay Eight, an imposing sight awaited them—a ship, large and black, looming in the dim light of the docking bay. At first glance, it appeared to be a single vessel, but a closer look suggested it might be two ships fused together, a hybrid of sorts, about the size of a cruiser. Its hull gleamed under the overhead lights, well-maintained and seemingly bristling with the quiet tension of imminent departure.

Arrayed before this craft were three figures, each strikingly distinct from the last. The first was a familiar presence: Tirin, clad in the same elegant, dark wine-colored robes they had encountered earlier. His attire, rich and flowing, contrasted sharply with the stark, mechanical backdrop of the bay.

Next to him stood a grizzled, stout man, his long, messy dark blue hair framed his weathered, dark-tanned face. His appearance was that of a seasoned voyager of the outer rim territories—tough, unrefined, and marked by a life of hard choices and harder living.

Dominating the trio was a towering figure, nearly seven feet tall, with long, snowy white hair that cascaded past broad shoulders. His face, was mared by a web of gnarly electrical scars, ran across his cheek, twisted around his neck, and narrowly skirted an icy blue eye that seemed to flicker with its own inner storm.

Stepping into the hanger bay their eyes looked up to the ship in slight awe. Of course his attire was nothing like the trio he was slowly approaching, Just a simple dark grey over brown robe that was standard issued by the jedi. Jin look at the two newer faces, his attention gripped by that flashing eye and the chaotic sprawling scars wrapping half the man's face almost. Eventually the teen came to stand besides their new master quietly not wishing to intrude on their current conversation. Once it came to a natural rest the Cattari looked up to Tirin. "I have all of my things. It turns out the clock stopped when I picked it up. Which is surprising because I did not tap it across the room this morning."

j9tLrW8.png

Jin'lian Jin'lian

"I might be able to fix it for you,"
Tirin offered softly. "Come along." He moved toward the ship, leading Jin to a vacant room. It was actually quite spacious. "You can rest in here for now," Tirin stated. "Do you want to sit up front and learn how to fly with Val?" he asked curiously.
"Oh yes... I had a few of these made," Tirin said as he offered Jin a small ring box. Inside were several sets of violet beads. "You may add these to your Padawan braid to show that you are my student."

Jin shook their head at the offer as they followed along into the ship. "It's okay, I left it on Talans pillow. Seemed funny that the time stopped as I was about to leave." Walking through the interior, they would inspect everything being an unfamiliar environment. Eventually after a few hallways and stairs, Tirin showed the Cattari to their room. It was sleek and simple but his own space. Hearing that question and offer, it alarmed the feline. "W...wait, what?"

That offer was immediately trumped by the gift being offered. Graciously accepting it, Jin'lian carefully opened the small box to see the small beads inside with wonderful purple hues. It was like Tirins eyes, but also like Jin's too. A big smile lit up on Jin's face and looked up from the box to the mans face. "Thank you," Jin said beaming. "I don't feel confident right now to tackle learning how to fly,"

"But, I also don't know how to braid hair and I would like to put these in. Could you show me how to do that?" He asked sounding pleased with the gift. "I would love to see us fly out though, from the cockpit. I've only seen it from a little view port window at a squeeze. Others always wanted window seats."
j9tLrW8.png

Jin'lian Jin'lian

Tirin smiled softly and extended a hand, offering an affectionate pat on the top of their head. "I would be delighted to. And yes, you can do that as well if you like," Tirin stated before leading the way into the large common area with an observatory skylight.

"Take a seat on the couch," Tirin directed, fetching a brush from a small box on one of the shelves along with several other items, including small colored rubber bands and a comb. Tirin moved to sit down and set the box of accessories beside them. Within the box were charms and decorative beads, though nothing as bright as the gems Tirin offered.

"Now, let me explain the different types of braids," Tirin began, gesturing to the selection. "First, we have the three-strand braid, which is the most fundamental. It involves weaving three strands of hair alternately over and under each other, resulting in a simple and classic look.

Next is the Continental braid," Tirin continued, pointing to a diagram. "Originating from Corelia, this braid starts at the crown of the head and incorporates additional sections of hair into the braid as it progresses downwards, creating an elegant and sophisticated hairstyle."

Then we have the Lowland braid, also known as the inverted braid,"
Tirin explained, indicating another illustration. "Similar to the Continental braid, but with a twist. It involves braiding the sections of hair under each other instead of over, resulting in a braid that appears to sit on top of the hair rather than being embedded within it. The Fishtail braid achieves its distinctive appearance by dividing the hair into two sections and crossing small strands from the outer edges of each section over to the opposite side, creating a woven pattern reminiscent of a fishtail," Tirin elaborated, pointing to the corresponding braid style on a small visual page he had with example sin the booklet on how each braid was woven.

"They're like little trophies for Jedi apprentices. Each one tells a story So, choose your braid wisely—it's your badge of honor on the path of becoming a Jedi!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom