Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A flash of the past

bWMGgIz.png
Valery: Appearance (Old tunic)
Lightsabers: Link!
Ship: Factory link
Prelude
Exhausted and sore, Valery plopped down on the couch in Yula's apartment and laid down on her back. She had looked around but didn't see any of the others yet - maybe they were busy with work or life. But what was supposed to be a simple trip to the market for her, had turned into something far more serious. She now realized that even here, she wasn't truly safe from everything she had hoped to have left behind her for a while.
Something had found her and while she had gotten out intact, she could barely remember the last time she felt this tired. Those memories were tied to a conversation with someone special; someone she really missed right about now. With a hand placed on her stomach, and another over her chest, the woman's eyes closed and within seconds, she fell asleep.
A place where it was now the Force guiding the past back into the forefront of her mind.
Return from the hunt
Slowly, the door of Valery's apartment on Ossus was pushed open and orange eyes began to look around, trying to determine if Kahlil was already there. They had planned to spend some time together, but she wasn't entirely sure when he'd arrive. She then stumbled into the apartment with a hand over her left side, blood dripping between her fingers, and exhaustion visible in her eyes and posture.
She had just completed the last task of a series of assignments involving a Dark Side cult. It was a smaller group, but one with too much potential to be left alone. Slowly but surely, she had taken out its members and structure, and finally, its leader was hunted down and returned to the Force. But some nasty Force-imbued blade had managed to cut her, and the wound still hadn't closed.
"Babe? Are you home?" she asked as she limped over to the couch and literally dropped herself.
She leaned back and gritted her teeth - the cut made it feel as if her side was on fire. Or perhaps it was just her exhaustion lowering her pain thresholds? Either way, she felt terrible - she had been feeling tired and terrible for some time now. But finally, she could rest and spend some time with her boyfriend.
F7r9prE.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Yeah, I'm here. Just finishing up somethin to e-" Kahlil loved to cook. Especially if it meant cooking for Valery Noble Valery Noble . Another thing he learned in his time as a spacer, where the only meals he'd often get were the ones he'd cook himself. He'd felt it. The danger she was in. He always did, but there was something off. His gaze drifted to where he felt her before he stepped out.

And saw her bleeding on the couch.

He blinked. Then immediately rushed to her side. How did this..? No, unimportant questions. He reached out, not even hesitating to set a hand on her wound. She was bleeding still. Why? She wouldn't come home still bleeding unless something was wrong with the cut. It was his experience as a Sith that had him from pressing down. There. He felt it, some of it. "You're lucky the cuts not too deep. Though this is going to suck."

An apologetic smile was offered, but he didn't explain. Instead he reached down, pulling free his belt and offering it to the woman. "Bite down." The moment she did, the process began. Shikkar were dangerous, often lethal weapons all about stabbing into someone and breaking. As he said, the fact the cut was shallow was likely the only reason she was alive. But if she wanted to heal, well.

His hands stayed on her side, over the cut, and he slowly started to pull the shattered, force imbued glass from her cut. His experience as a Sith came in handy now and then. This was one of those times, it seemed. Minutes would tick by as he let the Force guide him, finding every shattered piece imbedded in her flesh to remove it.

bWMGgIz.png
For a moment, she was worried that he wouldn't be there - just a tiny moment. But when she heard his voice and saw him step out of the kitchen area, she tried her best to greet him with a smile to say it's alright, I'm okay but she already knew that wasn't going to work. Of course, he'd be worried about her; she was bleeding and looked like crap.
"Hey babe." she blinked and saw his hand moving for her wound. "Oh no, it's oka-" she stopped and gritted her teeth as he set a hand on her wound. Her eyes grew teary not because she felt a need to cry, but because the exhaustion and pain struck all at once. Valery then leaned into him and let out a soft breath.
She barely felt ready to continue, but when he held out the belt, she did what he asked and bit down. Luckily she did because the pain she felt as the shards were pulled out of her flesh would have made her scream. Instead, she bit away the pain and closed her eyes each time a fragment was removed. But slowly, she grew too tired to even bite down anymore.
By the time the last piece was finally removed, she was resting against him, feeling weak and tired. Her face was pale and covered in sweat from the loss of blood and exhaustion, and her hair had fallen in front of it, with some long strands sticking to her forehead.
"I... don't know what happened," she said as she continued to use him for support. Valery had told him much about the cult she was after, and they would normally not be able to get her like this. It was the exhaustion and lack of rest with which she went into this last hunt that had caused it. Deep down she knew it, but it was hard to change it. She felt too compelled to keep going.
"Thank you, sweetie," she said, able to produce only a faint smile.
F7r9prE.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

The process was long, but he kept focused on it regardless. Kahlil knew just how dangerous the glass was. As much as he didn't want to see Valery Noble Valery Noble in any kind of pain, this was necessary. When it was finally finished, he gladly held her in his arms. He didn't move away, instead using the Force to call over a bacta patch to set on the cut so it could at least close.

Then he listened. His smile remained as he watched her, though worry was obvious. Especially as she mentioned the cult. And going back to fight them tired. He frowned at that. "You know your limits better than anyone, love. Please.. Be more careful. I don't want you dying on me, mm?"

bWMGgIz.png
She watched the bacta-patch fly over and grimaced slightly as it connected with her wound. Luckily, with the glass shards removed, none of it hurt as much anymore, and the wound would slowly begin to close. Her eyes then shifted up to look at him and she'd let out a soft sigh.
"I know..." she mumbled.
"I just... could not let him get away. If I had taken time to rest, he would have gotten away to start all over again somewhere else. Now nothing remains of this cult." she said with a tone that showed her dislike for those she had dealt with. It almost made it seem like it had been personal, even though that wasn't the case.
Valery then went quiet and tilted her head to the side, letting it rest against his body. Her hand shifted up over his chest and she'd curl up a little on the couch with him. His support was all she needed and wanted right now.
F7r9prE.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Maybe. But, if you die, you'll never stop the next one to try and take his place." A shield was only good if it was there to protect. Kahlil shifted, scooting Valery Noble Valery Noble over carefully as he got on the couch with her. Holding her against him. Truthfully, he was panicking a little. Their lives were full of danger of course, but having her in his arms like this, knowing her drive and seeing the danger it put her in, how could he not be worried? His grip around her tightened slightly as he closed his eyes.

Stilling his mind.

"Just.. No dying. Alright?"

bWMGgIz.png
Valery listened to his words and remained quiet for rather long while he joined her on the couch. She was still leaning into him and thinking carefully about his words. There sure was truth to them, but still... she couldn't just sit quietly and rest while she knew a dangerous Dark Sider was out there, looking to cause trouble.
It was only after a painfully long silence, that she spoke.
"No dying," she said, but there was something strange to her tone. Conflict.
For many years, she had been more than willing to sacrifice herself in order to take down forces of the Dark Side. She was incredibly determined and focused on her work, but now? She had a boyfriend, and she hoped to be his wife someday, start a family and be happy.
"I just..." had to finish it. But she never finished her sentence - she went quiet again and frowned.
F7r9prE.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I know." She didn't need to say it. Kahlil knew exactly what was going through Valery Noble Valery Noble 's head. The same thing that went through his own, more often than not. Especially these days. Especially with his family. If his death could stop his father, save countless, he wouldn't hesitate. Yet at the same time.. He leaned over, kissing her forehead gently. The softest kind of smile stayed as he pressed his forehead to where he just kissed.

"Just, try and find a way to survive and come back to me, no matter what."

bWMGgIz.png
As he kissed her forehead, Valery would close her eyes for a moment and smile. Even though she still felt horrible, his warm embrace and kiss made her feel safe and cared about. Right now, that's all she wanted and needed.
"I'll always try," she said and she meant it, but the keyword was definitely try.
Even when they first met and began seeing each other, her work was taking her to dangerous places. Back then, she was learning more about the state of the Sith, and how she could strike at them. But recently, it was only getting worse. From the Battle on Jedha to her involvement in finding a path into Maw space, and now this cult she had purged.
"I'm sorry if I worry you."
F7r9prE.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You don't worry me. You're stronger than just about any Sith, so I'm more worried about them." He flashed a grin. No, there was no point in lingering on the fear they both had for each other. The worry was always going to be there, so long as they stayed Jedi. Kahlil had no intention of stopping, and he certainly wouldn't ask Valery Noble Valery Noble to either. Being Jedi was as much a part of them as every other part.

They might die, one day, but while they could Kahlil would hold her close. Like right now. Well, for a little bit anyway. The smell of burning food caught his attention. That and the smoke alarm. "Chit. Muffins." He made no move to move, though, still holding Valery against his chest as he stared towards the kitchen.

"Oops."

bWMGgIz.png
The more somber tone she had in her voice turned into a chuckle at his comment, and she'd nuzzle her head against him. Even in situations like this, he made her feel better. How he was able to do it, she didn't really know. He just had his ways, and she loved him for it.
"Thanks, bab-" she stopped as the smell of burning food reached her nose as well.
"Muffins?" she turned her head to look up and into his eyes with a loving smile. This really was the life she wanted - for them to have their work, but come home to freshly made muffins and a warm embrace.
"You might want to turn off the oven though, sweetie. Before anything catches fire," she said with a smirk, "I'll quickly get changed, and then we can chat a little more."
F7r9prE.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I suppose I should.." Not that he made any movement to actually get up. Kahlil instead stayed with Valery Noble Valery Noble , still holding her and keeping her close. But.. Eventually he did let her go to get up and stop the oven from burning the Jedi's apartment down. He grumbled a little as he went about turning off the oven and getting the burnt muffins out. Well. He could always make another batch, right?

So he sought out to do just that. Mostly to let Valery change without him hovering. Cause he certainly wanted to hover. So.. Baking it was, to focus his mind and keep him busy.

bWMGgIz.png
"You should."
she chuckled and leaned up to press a kiss against his cheek before gently moving off the couch. She eyed him for a moment longer and then finally turned to get dressed. It was quite a process with her, as getting out of her tunic wasn't the easiest thing, especially not with an injured side.
But once she finished up, she was changed into a comfortable shirt and some leggings, and quietly stepped into the living room on bare feet. With her head tilted to the side, she was fixing up her ponytail while she looked for him, but he had moved.
Noticing he was in the kitchen making new muffins, she smirked and moved to sneak up behind him. He likely felt or heard her, but she made sure to get up right behind him to wrap her arms around his waist.
"Those smell great," she said as her head came to rest against the back of the much taller man. Valery then stepped back and joined him at his side, her eyes turning up to meet his. It had been too long since they were together like this, away from work and danger.
"Will you be able to stay here with me for a little while? I... was thinking I'd make up for having been away for so long."
F7r9prE.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was impossible for him not to notice Valery Noble Valery Noble . As much as he wanted his cooking to take his attention away from his worry, he couldn't. Not completely. At least she was walking on her own, though. And feeling her arms around his waist, hugging him.. Kahlil visibly relaxed. She was still hurting, he could feel that in the bond they shared. But it was nice to feel her warmth again. That she was alive.

"I hope they do. I don't normally brag but my cooking is by far the best around." He chuckled softly, turning his gaze down to the woman as she stepped beside him. Midway through her request he just leaned over, pressing a kiss to her lips to cut her off. Something gentle, but lingering. ".. I'm not going anywhere." No, seeing her bleeding on the couch sealed that in his mind. A couple days was the original plan for this visit. He was still a spacer, and she was still needed by the Jedi to go around, help train, help fight.

He was already planning to cancel his shipments. While he wouldn't ask her to stay or abandon her duties, he wasn't willing to spend any time apart. "So get used to having the best meals of your life, mm?" He grinned wide. Until something pulled him away, he was here.

bWMGgIz.png
When he leaned over to cut her off with a kiss, Valery's eyes briefly widened. She hadn't quite seen it coming, but she certainly didn't mind. Her body quickly relaxed while a cute blush formed on her cheeks. She bit her lower lip and looked up at him with a playful grin.
"Hmmm... that sounds great," Valery said as she leaned into him again.
"We can cook some things together tomorrow and enjoy a meal with a movie or something. Just anything to not worry about work, and so I have time to recover." Her hand shifted down to her side, and she immediately winced.
"I'm glad you can stay for a while..."
The woman then turned elegantly on her heels and made her way back over to the couch to sit down. While she tried to relax despite the pain, her eyes shifted back over.
"So what have you been up to lately? Hopefully something less dangerous." she chuckled.
F7r9prE.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Sounds like a date." He flashed her a grin before turning his attention back to the cooking. Last thing he was going to do was burn muffins twice over or mix em' wrong now that Valery Noble Valery Noble was looking forward to them. Once they were in the oven though he made his way back to the couch, plopping down beside her. What had he been up to? He hummed, scratching his cheek.

"Honestly, not much. Mostly supply runs to places still hit hard by the Sith. Not too dangerous, so long as I don't run into pirates anyway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom