Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Felony of Generations (2v2 on Glee Anselm)

"Okay..." Of course Lori was slightly disappointed. But she looked up to Veiere Arenais in a lot of ways. Their experiences were different for sure, but he's lived longer and had gone through much more than she might ever go through.

There was indeed tension. And sonething else that she couldn't quite explain gave her a sudden chill. It gave her pause, but her Dad gave her gestures of encouragement, so she walked along with him out of the hanger.

"Did you study a map of this place at all? Or do we have to memorize our route?" Temples could be easy to get lost in. Depending on their size.

[member="Lark"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark listened curiously as Dubiety chanted eldritch words, some of which Lark swore he could comprehend. Thorn-like tendrils of darkness were summoned, squirming around the room like worms on hot concrete. And then, guided by Zambrano's will, the coils of darkness slowly moved towards where the other intruders lurked. The aura of darkness grew more potent, mist danced around them playfully.

"Neat toy," Lark said, studying the strange staff Dubiety carried. "I'll need to teach myself some tricks like that." The spell Dubiety had chanted was to long for Lark to repeat, but he found himself mimicking some of the words he heard. It was an odd habit of his, but it worked wonders when it came to learning the ancient language of the Sith, which Lark was nearly semi-fluent in. He followed the tendrils of darkness towards the grand staircase, there was no missing the tendrils so Lark wasn't to concerned about revealing his presence. Leaning against a pillar, he followed the darkness with a scholar's curious eyes.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Jedi Objective: Investigate the ruins of the Sith Academy.
Team Lightside: Veiere Arenais & [member="Loreena Arenais"]
Team Darkside: [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] & [member="Lark"]
Er6tw3E.png
"Lori, Something's coming!".

Veiere spoke quickly, his guard instantly raised and by instinct the power of the Force was channeled inward, drawn to him as though summoning and drawing strength from the very air around them, in anticipation for what he felt was an impending threat. "Raise your Guard" he found himself telling her, though she needn't be told having been trained by the Mandalorian Empire to protect herself.

From out of the abyss that covered the deeper interior of the Sith Temple from view, came what could only be described as faceless and ethereal vines of darkness giving off an aura of malice that could only be identified as the presence and power of the Dark Side itself. Veiere was no stranger to such powers, though uncertain whether or not Lori had faced down such an opponent, he quickly guided her. "The light that you can make, use it to protect yourself" he told her, knowing that she'd only ever spoken of the ability as a 'trick she had learned'. Leading by example however, with his Lightsaber in his right hand, his free hand extended out in front of him and from his palm erupted a blinding white light that washed over everything in their path ahead.

For Loreena Arenais and her Father, the light would bring about a presence of warmth and peace, encouragement and clarity. Yet for everything manifested from the Dark Side of the Force, the Light would banish, setting to flame as the heat of the ability purified everything in it's path. All except for their Sith counter-parts whom had yet to enter the room that the two Jedi stood within, wise to keep their distance and toy with their prey, to test the waters so to speak and determine what kind of visitors they had received.

Sorry for taking so long!

Wait, something's wrong. Kahlil's brow furrowed as he concentrated on moving the tentacles through the halls. They would have been able to deal with most enemies to the Sith, but something suddenly whispered a danger he had only seen once before. He yanked back his consciousness just as the blinding light was released, immediately feeling his spell disperse and burn away he glanced to his staff, making sure nothing was wrong.

Thankfully, nothing. But if there was someone able to use that level of power [member="Lark"] and him were certainly in for trouble. A straight forward assault wouldn't do. He'd have to be clever.

"J͓͚̜e͔ͅna̹͍̲͉͕̗͎\̝̰͎͚͔ͅͅ'̻̪t͕e̙̱̦̰̻s͡ ̣bṷ̶̳͔͉t͕̥̮i̴̠̘ ͇̼͈̺̹̙n̻͟u̯̝̫̩y̹͎̫̠̯a̲͚̖̳̣̻͔k̘̣̝̝̳̤̰ ̖̘͔̥̥a̯͔̮̰k̺̗̯u͎̯̦t̮̤͠e͝.̖͚̟̠̰̖͘ ҉̮͔͍̥͎̰V͔̜̗̞̼̩́e̷̯̳͇̣͉̙s̯̟̘̹̕tį̥̤ ṉ̻̟̰̲u͇͓͍̗͓͓̣n̴̝.͚͖̲̠͕͙̝"

Shadow coalesced around him before surging outwards, forming through the natural darkness the tomb held. An invisible eye to allow him sight beyond where he stood. It shot down the hall after his partner, rounding the corner low to see [member="Veiere Arenais"] and [member="Loreena Arenais"] . A Jedi and their apprentice. If the Sith planned on winning, they'd have to find a way to unbalance them.

And where better than to start with the apprentice.

"S̬̮͚̦̥u̳ţ̜̦̪ṯ̥̺̙̜̙̀a̧̦̯ ͜C̨̗̜͚͕͓̖hw̞̩͙̘̰̦͠i̖̖̗t̼̬͜u̼̫̜͎s̲̦͖̬̳k̳ͅa̙̪͕̭̟̮̺k̦̻̳͓͍̻̘." From the familiar a black sphere formed, flying towards Loreena. When it got close it'd suddenly expand with intense heat, threatening to consume her.

The air in the Temple changed even more so as [member="Veiere Arenais"] told her to raise her guard. The instincts of her Mandalorian training kicked in. Her eyes darted everywhere, looking for movement, looking for hostiles.

There were none to be seen except...was that living smoke? Was it a spell? Lori hadn't come across anything like it before. Though she had heard about it from her Mom.

She could use her ball of light to protect herself? Other than using it to light her way, or to blind anyone chasing her, she hadn't quite used it in any other way. Yet her Dad was quick to light up his own, creating a ball of light that was bigger than she had done before.

Lori drew out her training saber and created her own ball of light. It was bigger than she had normally done, yet still smaller than her Dad's. It didn't take long for the smoke tendrils to disappear. "Dad...I don't think that they will be friendly." Now it was starting to seem as though her idea to sabotage the Sith's ship was a good idea. Yet she chose to wait until she was given permission.

Her words on the Sith not being friendly was realized as soon as the black sphere came at her. She waved her free hand towards it, directing her ball of light to block it's path. Whatever that sphere was, she knew that it wasn't going to be pleasant.

Lori's training was in hand to hand combat, and in flying. Dealing with Sith magic was entirely new to her. Hopefully there weren't too many Sith for them to handle. At the moment they had no idea of their numbers.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Lark"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark narrowed his eyes as the tendrils of darkness shied away and eventually dissipated into nothingness, engulfed by an overwhelming warmth. Sighing, Lark left his position atop the grand staircase and meandered back inside the temple. Jedi, Lark supposed. And a powerful one at that. We may need to rethink our strategy. Lark couldn't perform those tricks [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] threw towards the Jedi, and it would be foolish to charge towards them and expect to win. Lark was confident in his combat skills, but recognized that a Jedi Master was a bit beyond what he could normally beat in an honest fight.

Which is why Lark hardly ever fought honestly. Trickery, manipulation, deception. That was what could win them this bout. They couldn't throw whatever powers they had and hope to overwhelm their enemy. "You can pepper them with spells all you want, but now that we've lost the element of surprise they'll constantly be on guard. We'll have to think of something else."

The young Sith pondered for a moment, concocting a vile scheme. "There are other ways to break them," Lark said softly. "Surely there's a torture chamber lurking somewhere within these halls. Perhaps we can give them the tour they came here for."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Jedi Objective: Investigate the ruins of the Sith Academy.
Team Lightside: Veiere Arenais & [member="Loreena Arenais"].
Team Darkside: [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] & [member="Lark"]
Er6tw3E.png
"Patience, Lori..." Veiere cautioned his daughter. It was true that their present company had proven themselves to be hostile, yet they hadn't shown themselves, which didn't do a great deal for keeping Veiere's guard up. "Yes, we're in danger. Rushing on ahead however could play right into their hands" he placed a hand upon her shoulder reassuringly.

Looking about the Hangar, he reconsidered his position on tapping their ship. He knew Lori could certainly get it done, yet he had never been the type to blindly go after someone, whether hostile or otherwise. They were presently standing on ground that once belonged in to the Sith Empire, and in a sense it was them who were trespassing.

"There's a few things that differs between myself and other Jedi...-Though they may be the enemy, I would still prefer to allow them the choice to leave" he glanced back to Lori momentarily, "The Ship stays untouched. Keep your eyes open and your guard up".

'Come out and show yourselves'.
Veiere Arenais reached out to those ahead of the pair, encouraging their opposition to come forth and present themselves before the Jedi. Given a clear view of who they were dealing with, might offer a little more insight as to who and what they were capable of. "The use of a lightsaber is only ever done upon the need to defend yourself or another. Make no mistake, your mind is your greatest asset both on and off the field of battle...".

Sorry for how long it's taken me. Between a wedding and other real life circumstances...-I meant to get to this much sooner, I apologize!

The sphere detonated upon contact with [member="Loreena Arenais"] 's mote of light, rapidly expanding in a flurry of black flames. Yet it did not touch the young girl, her light seeming to have carved out a portion of the otherwise dangerous spell. Kahlil frowned as he continued to peer through his familiar's eyes until the Light consumed it, burning the creature from existence. [member="Veiere Arenais"] had taught her a rather annoying skill already. "They can both utilize Light. We'll be sitting ducks if any of that touches us. It's become a rather one sided."

It seemed pretty hopeless to strike down such a powerful ability for the pair of Acolytes, but at the mention of the torture chamber, a smile of relief formed on his otherwise soured expression. "An unsettled Jedi is a dead Jedi." He muttered under his breath to [member="Lark"] 's idea. An old training method for Sith when outmatched by their Jedi rivals. "How much of it do you think will still be operational?"

They were in danger. [member="Veiere Arenais"] even admitted it. Yet Lori was surprised that he didn't request that they leave. Instead he seemed all the more curious.

She gave a curt nod as he told her not to touch the ship. Though inside Lori could only think of the words 'But Daaaaad'. Still, this wasn't the time nor the place for her to be stubborn. Maybe on another day.

"Well, I'm not used to using a lightsaber yet. I'm more used to fighting without weapons, or the Force. But it was always in training or in tournaments...Not like this." She took in slow deep breaths to calm herself and to prevent her nerves from taking control. Her Dad was here. He wouldn't let anyone hurt her. Anyone that would try....well, they'd be done for!

[member="Lark"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
They are powerful, Lark thought. But he was used to being the underdog, it suited him. Yes, he and Kahlil didn't know the full potential of the Jedi. But the reverse was true as well. Lark had still yet to reveal all he was capable of. The young Zambrano was more powerful at the moment, but many of Lark's strengths lied in different places. "On the contrary," Lark began. "I don't believe it to be one sided at all. Their strength have caught us off guard, but they have yet to lay eyes on us. And the Master clearly cares deeply for the young one. That bond will be their ruination. When one breaks, the other will surely follow. How long could he listen to her screams, I wonder? How long could she watch him writhe in pain?"

"This temple is still relatively new, likely built during both of our lifetimes. The One Sith only fell a few years ago, after all." That really put things in perspective. For so long they had been exploring places that hadn't been visited in centuries, but this place was bustling with activity a decade ago, when both Lark and Kahlil were children. In fact, the One Sith might have even fallen around the same time Lark burned his home to the ground. Perhaps there was some sort of symbolism in that, but there wasn't time to dwell on it. "It would not surprise me if some of the tools in the torture room still function, although some might have been damaged during the rebellion. But we both have experience in the matter. I'm sure we can think up an effective way to break them."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Their opposition didn't seem willing to cooperate with his request, leaving Veiere to sigh under his breath, his daughter's voice in the background of his thoughts as she made her uncertainty known. "They don't seem willing to come out and meet us..." he replied, though seemed to be speaking his thoughts aloud more so than actually talking to [member="Loreena Arenais"]. She was focusing on what she lacked, where as Veiere's concentration was keenly looking ahead of them in an attempt to pick up on anything that might give him a sign or hint as to what or whom they were dealing with. Certainly Sith, though whether they were rogues or part of the Empire, he didn't yet know.

"We're playing a waiting game at the moment Lori...-Which leaves me thinking that we should make the most of what we have around us. I know I told you not to do so before hand but I'm going back on my word" He turned to look back to his daughter, half expecting some sort of backlash in smart remarks; "See what you can find out from their ship, but be-careful not to trigger any countermeasures. Who knows what systems are operating aboard that thing" If there was something that they could use to coerce these dark-siders out of hiding, Veiere would prefer that rather than walking straight into their terrain.

"Double check your equipment, too. Go over what you've brought with you, familiarize yourself with what's at your disposal..." he added, wanting Lori to be sure of her options should the battle soon come to them. As for Veiere himself, he took in a slow and deep breath. His shoulders slowly fell, his eyes closing as he sought to listen to the sounds of their environment, to feel the flow of the force and all things living and otherwise within the great Hangar. [member="Lark"] and [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] were out there somewhere within the Facility, and the first step may very-well decide the balance of the encounter that lay in store for them all.

Ever the Jedi, Veiere was a patient man where it was required.

"From what I saw, it's a master and their young apprentice. If we can get them separated enough, we can lure the master into a recklessness to try and save their charge." Kahlil glanced around the room, a curious glance given to each mechanism. A faint grin formed as he neared one of the devices. A holding cell complete with a high charge current to electrify the inhabitant.

"If we can get the padawan in here we can certainly unsettle the master. An unsettled Jedi is a dead Jedi, right?" He glanced to [member="Lark"] , giving a simple nod of his head. They do this right, they might be able to win.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Loreena Arenais"]

"Maybe they are scared of us? Wouldn't THAT be funny. You do have a reputation, you know." Actually [member="Veiere Arenais"] had several. It just all depended on which part of his life people chose to focus on at any given time.

And then it happened. Her Dad gave her PERMISSION to snoop around the other ship and maybe, just maybe, set up a trap or two in case they needed it. Oh yes! Any doubt that she had before about their situation had gone away in an instant, instead replaced with a mischievious grin. "I'll be careful! Thanks Dad!"

With a spring in her step she turned on her heel and headed not towards the vessel that [member="Lark"] and [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] came on, but towards their own first. She climbed up inside of the cockpit and grabbed the tool kit, as well as....the fire extinguisher. Oh yes! Perfect!

With the items tucked under an arm, she jumped back down to the floor and then ventured towards the other vessel. Her eyes took in every nook and cranny of it as she slowly walked around the thing. Designed to maintain complete structural integrity while under the pressure of being under water, it wasn't as though she'd find a weak point to penetrate. So she needed to get inside.

"The access panel is around here somewhere...I just need to...aha! There it is!" Lori grinned and approached the small panel that stood out among the rest given it's smaller size. She set her items down and then rumaged through the tool kit. "I'll be fine. You can go off ahead if you'd like."

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark was deep in thought as he and [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] discovered the torture room. "None of this means a damned thing if they don't actually enter the temple," Lark muttered. "We might know that we're on opposite sides, but if there's nothing forcing the two parties to confront one another, then we'll never have the opportunity to break them apart." They needed something that would draw the Jedi in, something that would make them risk facing the unknown forces inside the temple. Lark gazed at the torture equipment in front of him. Most of the devices he had never used before, but he was familiar enough with torture to know how they worked.

A devious idea entered Lark's mind. If the Jedi were as powerful as Kahlil said, surely they were either watching or listening to the two of them right now. Lark was counting on it. He pointed at a spot on the ground a few meters in front of him, and from that spot an auditory illusion would emanate. A horrible, bloodcurdling scream, one that sounded as though it were being tortured and subjected to the most hellish schemes humanity was capable of dreaming up.

If the Jedi saw through the illusion, would they take the gamble and believe it to be fake? Or would they risk leaving a possible innocent to suffer and die when something could be done to stop it?

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

OOC: Sorry for the delay! School has been kicking my ass recently.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] quickly got set to working against the Sith vessel while Veiere kept watch over the Hangar, and the entrance that led deeper into the abandoned Sith Academy. He had brought his Daughter there to investigate and perhaps gain insight into the Sith, yet this was more than he had bargained for. These two strangers that had sought to threaten them with an obviously Dark-Sided influence, had exposed themselves to the Jedi with the only exit being at Veiere's back and out of reach from the Sith, [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] and [member="Lark"] .

As of yet, things were at a stand still. Nothing had been heard from their opposition since the first move had been made and evidently they had been testing the waters and were now having to reassess their situation. The Jedi had them cut off, yet to fight them at all was a choice, not a necessity. "Loreena...-Plant a tracking beacon somewhere discrete while you're at it" Veiere told the girl as she popped back out to encourage him to move on forward. He had decided that the confrontation wasn't worth the potential risk to their health; if there was anything worth taking here, the Sith had probably already acquired it.

The sound of a man crying out echoed down the dark, looming hall and out into the Hangar giving Veiere momentary pause. His eyes narrowed as he turned back to look in the direction of their offenders, yet didn't charge into action as you'd expect. 'Passion, yet Serenity' the thought of the code crossed his mind, reminding him not to let his emotions control and dictate the events before him. He had sensed only two of them, and nothing of a third victim within the area. If someone had been in danger, precognition would have surely alerted him to the urgent need of another.

"We're leaving".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom