Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Felony of Generations (2v2 on Glee Anselm)

Jedi Objective: Investigate rumors of an old One Sith Academy.
Team Lightside: Veiere Arenais & [member="Loreena Arenais"].
Team Darkside: [member="Dubiety"] & [member="Lark"].
Er6tw3E.png
Pieralos, the underwater City of Glee Anselm was a marvel to behold and a first experience for both Veiere and his Daughter, [member="Loreena Arenais"] by his side. Together the two Jedi had bartered with the Nautolan locals, safe passage down to the submerged settlement in order to expand their knowledge of the world, the locals and a curious rumor that Veiere had heard since their arrival on world.

For the most part, Glee Anselm was a beautiful world with vast oceans and island masses spread across the terrain. The beaches had been the first attraction on his and Lori's journey of the Galaxy, a venture that Veiere wished for them to share so that he could help to guide and advise his Daughter on the many learnings through the Jedi perspective that the Galaxy could offer. Her Mother naturally hadn't been informed of this new development and nor did Veiere wish to concern her. [member="Lady Kay"] would probably be back home pulling her hair out at the prospect of her daughter stepping foot in an old abandoned Academy of the One Sith (if they managed to locate it); yet Veiere knew that Loreena's experience was vast and well learned thanks to their connections to the Mandalorian Empire and her former mentor, Jaster.

"Quite an amazing sight, isn't it?" Veiere smiled as he nudged his daughter, the two of them walking the path while overhead a great transparent and rounded shield kept the ocean from coming crashing down on the Nautolan City. It was truly amazing work to have established such a civilized and tech-savy location so far beneath the surface the way their people had achieved.

The pair of them were on their way towards the east-bound quarter where they had learned about a small transport agency that was familiar with the region this suggested Academy was hidden. Such a wondrous place like Pieralos was often visited by tourists unaccustomed to the Nautolan lifestyle, and being able to be bused about the underwater terrain seemed like a rather enjoyable experience regardless of whether or not they would find what they'd come for.

Loreena knew why they were here, Veiere had of course informed her of the risks; yet she had only witnessed the threat of the Dark Side of the Force through the siege of Commenor and as a growing prospective Jedi, she needed to find her confidence in being able to fend against it just as her Father had learned and been taught to do so. According to rumors, this academy was no longer active yet the Dark Side still seemed to influence the sector, making it a trecherous voyage thanks to the wild life alone. If they did find their goal, it was the very presence of Darkness that he wished Lori to be able to detect, able to acknowledge and distance herself from both mentally and spiritually, in the case that she cross the path of the Sith in the future.

[member="Dubiety"] | [member="Lark"]

Lori was like a kid in a candy shop. Her eyes darted everywhere. It was her first time in an underwater city and not only were they here to visit. But they were here to EXPLORE too!! She grinned broadly as [member="Veiere Arenais"] nudged her, once again catching her as her eyes were looking up above them as some sea creatures swam past the barrier that held back the sea. "It's REALLY amazing! Can we buy a house here?
Just think, Dad, there'd be no rain, no snow, and no Destroyers coming at us. Just think of how much more difficult it'd be for any enemies to come after us. I don't evwn think that Mom could find trouble here. And THAT'S saying something!"
Her mouth was running a mile a minute as her excitement took over.

Of course their destination wasn't going to be as cheerful as the city. And Lori knew that. They were headed to an old Sith Academy. Just how such a place would make her feel, she didn't know. Maybe it'd be like how she feels around the Dead Scar on Commenor. Or maybe it'd feel colder, like she felt when she was trying to escape Commenor, but was being chased by some Sith and others that worked for them. It was hard to say.

"Have you ever been here before? Or is this your first visit too?"

[member="Dubiety"] [member="Lark"]

"It's truly amazing they haven't burned this building down. Almost like something helped keep it hidden. I suppose it'd be the dark side at work." At the entrance of the Glee Annselm Sith Academy Dubiety stood dressed in his full cloak and mask. He was studying the main entrance, staring at the daunting size that had been built within an undersea wall. It was truly amazing.

"The Sith certainly know how to make an impression. Don't you think?" His masked face turned to [member="Lark"], his ally in their search for secrets of the one Sith.

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark stood a few paces away from Dubiety, a pale arm outstretched towards the layer of glass that separated them from the endless ocean outside. It was a remarkable view, a sight that Lark had never dreamed he'd ever see. All manner of marine life swam by, and the young Sith had the perfect venue to study them. They slowly floated through the water, beasts the size of buildings, most of which Lark hadn't even read about or seen in the shelves of books he'd read on various galactic species. These oceans were so massive, it would be nearly impossible to record every species and subspecies that lurked within these dark waters. Lark had always had a fascination with the ocean, knowing that there was so much to explore and discover.

Regretfully, he turned from the spectacular sight, joining his fellow acolyte on the journey towards a Sith Temple they were sent to search. It wasn't the first time the two of them had hunted for ancient Sith knowledge, it was nearly a hobby for the duo. They'd go searching for mystic mysteries as casually as one would go for a stroll in the park.

As they descended towards the temple, Lark could sense the familiar scent of death. Lark understood compared to some of the other bedeviled locations he'd gone exploring in, this temple was relatively new. But regardless, he was sure the library here would have plenty of texts that were lost when the One Sith fell. He'd find and analyze them all, if he could.

Lark chuckled softly at Dubiety's comment. It was a grand structure, dauntingly beautiful. "They do have a flair for the dramatic." Sometimes Lark did too, depending on what personality of his he chose to portray. "I can only imagine what this temple would be like in its glory days," he said. "I believe I would've enjoyed training here." Bastion was all well and good, it had helped hone him into the young man he was now, helped him learn about things that the orphanage on Myrkr couldn't teach. But he couldn't help but believe he might have prospered even more if he had been brought here instead. There were only a few things that brought Lark's troubled mind peace. The chirping of birds. A light wind blowing through his silky, ruby-colored hair. And the sound of rippling water. There wasn't as much water inside the temple as there was out of it, but there was a certain tranquility to the place despite that.

"Now then, I've been meaning to ask you something," Lark began as they ascended the stairs into the temple, footsteps echoing throughout the cavern. "Would you prefer me to continue calling you Dubiety? Or would you prefer whatever your birth name is, Zambrano?"

[member="Dubiety"] [member="Loreena Arenais"][member="Veiere Arenais"]

Dubiety clicked his tongue as [member="Lark"] brought up the reality of his identity. It wasn't too surprising he had figured it out. During their last mission together he had to remove his mask, and anyone could piece together his relationship to the Emperor of the Sith just by his face alone. "Dubiety is what I prefer to be called around all others. I have to make a name for myself outside my father's title. But, my name is Kahlil. One of the many children of the Emperor." The masked man pulled his helm from his head, setting it into a pouch on his side. With a deep breath he took in the air of the undersea temple without the filter of a mask.

"This is a rather nice place. Still, I don't know if I'd prefer learning here. Being underwater isn't a favorite of mine."

Jedi Objective: Investigate rumors of an old One Sith Academy.
Team Darkside: [member="Dubiety"] & [member="Lark"]
Er6tw3E.png
"No, this is my first time visiting this World as well" Veiere chuckled softly as after replying to his Daughter, [member="Loreena Arenais"] seemingly alive with all her excitement and intrigue over the submerged Nautolan City. As the pair of them walked the streets, passing the locals and other visitors and tourists both, Veiere sought to find the Transport agency that he'd been told about. 'The Aquaduct' was supposedly what the place was called, ironically easy for newcomers to the World to understand and probably making the majority of it's wealth off of said visitors. Eventually he spotted the place and gestured to his Daughter to follow in tow.

The Nautolan's were an interesting people, well equipped to call such a world their home, their technology was certainly impressive and they were a well learned people when it came to swimming and transit between Ocean and Land. Amphibians, humanoids, Veiere could only wonder what it would be like to be able to live within the oceans as they did. Moving into the establishment, Veiere reached the front desk and was greeted by the owner of the business.

"Greetings, friends. How can I be of help to you this day?".
"If I'm not mistaken, you're the one I spoke to earlier via commlink?" Veiere responded in question, "My name's Veiere Arenais...-We're interested in exploring close to the restricted zone" he explained whilst placing his right hand to the surface of the bench and sliding forward a number of credits, his left hand held behind his back though making a rather curious hand gesture, calling to the Force to aid him in this persuasive means.

"Ah...Yes! Close, but not too Close hm?
Your Submersible has been prepared and the co-ordinates have been pre-loaded as you asked, Mr Arenais.
Do travel safely, friends".
"Thank you very much" Veiere finished, turning to nod to Lori and moving for the hall that would lead them out into the back of the Facility where their Transport would be awaiting them in the Docking bay. "Well this should certainly prove interesting. Reckon you can fly underwater as good as you can above ground?" he asked with a light chuckle, a hint of an offer coming through in his tone, suggesting that she be the one to take the wheel...-If the Sub had a wheel, that was.

Lori walked up to the counter with her hands clasped behind her back. She observed [member="Veiere Arenais"] and his interactions with the business owner to be very...curious. She grinned inwardly to herself and tried to imagine him in his youth, being a bit of a scoundrel to get his way. And here her Dad kept telling her about not forcing others to their will, and yet....he seemed to be doing just that.

"We will. Thanks Mister!"

She turned and followed her Dad, being only slightly behind him so that he could lead the way. "Oh I think so. Once I get used to the controls, that is. I think that most are pretty basic. Just so long as we don't get chased by sea monsters, we should be fine."

Who knows what creatures would be lured to the dark place that they were going to. The Darkside tends to lure badness to it, and an old Sith Temple was surely able to do that.

The submersive was ready for them. Lori grinned and hurried inside, taking her rightful spot in the pilot's chair. She flicked a few switches, playing with the different headlight settings for the various depths. Then she looked to the nav-comm and the course that was pre-programmed for them to follow.

"This should be fun.
Hope you don't get sea sick."
Lori snickered.

[member="Dubiety"] [member="Lark"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark nodded his head in understanding. Given his circumstances, it made sense that Dubiety would want to differentiate himself from the horde of Zambranos that roamed the galaxy. The pressure he would face would be enormous, perhaps living under any alias and behind a mask would help the Epicanthix in his quest. In a way, what Lark's fellow acoylte was doing wasn't so different from what he was doing. Lark wasn't his real name, in reality he didn't have a true name. How could he, when he shifted personas so frequently? Sometimes he wasn't sure if he had a true self to speak of. But people needed to call him something. And he too wore masks at all time, albeit not literal ones.

"Dubiety it is." His real identity mattered none to Lark. They finally reached the insides of the temple, and after a few quiet minutes they reached a well-designed training arena. Lark pictured what the place would have been like if it hadn't been abandoned, what it was like when the One Sith were still a major power. He visualized acolytes training against their masters, spectators watching out of interest or because they simply had nothing else to do. He heard the clashing of sabers, the scoldings from irritable masters, and angry replies from indignant, prideful students.

But it didn't feel like home. Lark had never been graced with one of those.

"Perhaps I've been spending to much time on Bastion," Lark said with a kind smile. "That Academy is wonderful, but at times it feels too... imperial for my liking." Near the arena, there was a bar. That would only have served to make the training grounds more interesting. "You don't suppose there's any left?" He asked with a quiet laugh.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Dubiety"]

"Perhaps. There's nothing wrong with spending time in a place of learning such as the Academy though. At least, until there's nothing left to learn. Then it's a waste of time to remain any longer." Dubiety chuckled under his breath at what he thought was a joke, though it really wasn't. Still, his gaze turned again to the high walls of the Temple before them as he stepped forward. "I wonder how many traps the One Sith would have left after they fell. Who knows what manner of nefarious creations both machine and creature wait for us in the halls."

Not that they would stop him from finding the knowledge he desired. He was more than certain [member="Lark"] was a capable enough ally that the pair could survive any threat that came their way. Though.

"Where did you get those swords? They're not ancient."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
"Truer words have not fell upon my ears in quite some time," Lark said in response to Dubiety's initial comment. When a place no longer had anything to offer you, it made no sense to continue remaining there. Lark often believed he was living on borrowed time, and he promised himself that he would make the most of it. Even if he somehow lived for more than a few more years, he had spent over half his life stranded on Myrkr. Stuck on that desolate planet of swamps and marshes, after his brother's disappearance he was completely isolated. By himself. Even when he was taken in by the orphanage and was introduced to other children and texts concerning other worlds, he felt secluded, cutoff from the rest of the galaxy.

That all changed when he burned his hometown to the ground, and left to discover his true purpose.

"If that damned tomb is anything to go by, I'd assume all kinds of hideous contraptions lay in wait for us. It wouldn't be half as fun if there wasn't something waiting in the shadows, ready to devour us." Lark walked towards the bar, drawing his enchanted Sith dagger as he did so. He reached under the counter, and eventually found a bottle of sweet red wine from Taris. "Hmm, not quite my childhood." Although it was relatively close, in terms of proximity, anyways.

He set the bottle of wine on the bar, and cut the top of with his enchanted knife. A bit dramatic, but this personality enjoyed a bit of spectacle every now and then, "These weapons," Lark said as he poured himself a glass, "Were gifts from my former master. Krest, perhaps you've heard the name. A brilliant swordsman and a wonderful teacher. Whatever skills in swordplay and the Force I now have, I owe to him. During one of my first training sessions, he gifted me these weapons. I've carried them with me ever since."

He finished pouring the glass of wine, and brought out another glass for Dubiety, letting the scarlet drink fall into the cup. Lark took a long draw from his own glass, before continuing. "If you're unaware, I left the Empire a little over a year ago on my own personal mission. A member of the Saaraishash found me not too long ago, and brought me back to the Sith. When I returned, I discovered that Krest was no longer a part of the Empire. I heard whispers that he had been struck down by some other former apprentice of his, but I've never been able to verify this."

"Perhaps Krest is dead. Perhaps he betrayed the Empire, or perhaps he left for some other reason, just like I did. In truth, I really don't care. He's one of three people in the galaxy that might have some idea of who I was and what I did when I was a child." Lark looked up from his wine, meeting Khalil Zambrano's eyes with a cold gaze, an expression that was completely different from the amiable, friendly tone of voice Lark used. "Betrayal or not, I'm grateful for what he's done. But I cannot allow anyone who knows to much about my past to live. Especially when I can't keep tabs on them."

"If Krest is alive, I'll find him. And if I decide that he poses a threat, I'll kill him."

He gently pushed the other glass of wine towards Dubiety. It really is nothing personal, Krest. I only showed you a glimpse of my past. But even that small part is just way too much.

[member="Dubiety"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

"Krest? Darth Ferus? Huh. He use to run the Bastion temple, if I remember correctly." Dubiety offered [member="Lark"] a shrug. He had never met the man, but he sounded at least competent enough to gain the respect of his fellow acolyte. Though he chuckled at the idea of Lark killing his master, if he wasn't already dead. Given how well made the knife and sword were, it wouldn't be an easy feat for anyone. Alchemy was a tough skill to master.

He took his own long draw from the glass he was given, idly glancing around the bar they had found themselves in after entering the temple. At least Glee Anselm knew how to party. "The library should be deeper in. Provided we don't run into too much trouble of course."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Jedi Objective: Investigate the ruins of the Sith Academy.
Team Darkside: [member="Dubiety"], [member="Lark"]
Er6tw3E.png
They venture through the depths of Glee Anselm took them just shy of two hours before there seemed to be a notable shift in the nature of the submerged world around them, the Force that flowed through all manner of life, felt much more dense and almost heavy upon their senses, the terrain from what Veiere could ascertain had been heavily shrouded in the Dark Side of the Force, the presence of something far more ominous than the previous local settlement they'd departed from, apparently closing in as their submersible speeder shot through the great algae of the ancient reef around spread out across the sea bed.

"Do you feel that?" Veiere questioned his Daughter as [member="Loreena Arenais"] handled the controls to their Ocean Speeder, "That sense of apprehension, a tension that comes from the very life that surrounds us, twisted into an unnatural presence brought on by extensive periods of Darkside practice..." he seemed to be expressing his take on what was otherwise a Dark Side nexus left over from the previous residents of the sector they had entered.

"The Jedi too leave similar evidence behind them long after they have moved on, the presence of the Light, where the Force is no more it's natural state but bathed in favor of one half of it's otherwise wholesome nature. There can be no one side without the other, yet Force Users like ourselves can easily sense which of the two have been favored among long time relics and ruins of practitioners passed" It had been quite a long time since Veiere had spoken on his perspective of the Force, of the light and the dark being manifestations and expressions of the users integrity or lack there of in their ambitions and actions, rather than believing the Force to be so black and white.

"We're nearing our co-ordinates...-Look for some form of structure, there should be an entrance to it somewhere in sight. Otherwise have come and left before we have, so I expect we'll find some form of submerged hangar...".

Oh yes, she felt it. But Lori had made the assumption that it was caused due to the depths that they were under. So much water pressure and darkness had a way of affecting the body. But given where they were headed, it all made sense. [member="Veiere Arenais"] knew more about it too.

She continued guiding the craft on course, her eyes still on the lookout for danger caused by sea monsters. But there weren't any. "It feels almost like Munto..." How long were they supposed to be here? She didn't know. But already she was growing uncomfortable.

It wasn't long before the structure was found. The Sith Temple held some kind of illumination in parts that was clearly artificial, while some of it was glowing algae that fed on the energy of the place. After a single orbit of the temple, Lori found the access to the hanger and brought their watercraft inside. Following the tunnel, she reached the end point and brought it up to the surface. Her eyes widened and her body stiffened as she saw another vessel there with them. "Dad...we're not alone."

[member="Lark"] [member="Dubiety"]

Team Lightside: Veiere Arenais & [member="Loreena Arenais"]
Er6tw3E.png
"Yes, I see it...".
Veiere replied thoughtfully, his brow falling heavy as Lori set their Transport down to station upon the Hangar-bay floor, the Ray Shield entrance keeping the rest of the Ocean from besieging the vehicle docking area. "Keep your mind about you, we don't know who we're possibly dealing with. It could be left over from whoever lived and trained here last, though it's best we be ready for anything" if they had a choice, Veiere hoped that the vessel didn't belong to the likes of the Sith that once called this Academy home, yet he also felt the chances weren't likely to be in their favor if it was recently flown.

Pulling himself out of the Transport first, he sought to move around the front and to his Daughters side of the craft before she had the chance to disembark herself. Call it a Father's instinct and desire to keep his Daughter safe, but such places were treacherous even without the living there to muddy the waters with their own ambitions. "Hmph" Veiere huffed in resignation as he eyed the foreign vessel, noting the condition of it faring far greater than the rest of the vast hangar they'd entered into; "At best, we could be dealing with explorers...-Scavengers perhaps" he mused in open thought, feeling as though [member="Loreena Arenais"] needed to be aware of his minds eye on the truth of the situation; "Though this being a Sith Academy, I do not have much hope that what we're looking at is the vessel of a people who've held prior knowledge of this Academy before us. They may well be Sith, themselves...".

Pulling his cloak from his shoulders to reveal his gray Jedi robes, he turned back for the Transport in order to store it away in favor of his maneuverability. His Lightsabers hung from either side of his belt, magna-locked there for an easy draw when necessary. By now, Lori had trained with the Mandalorian's in melee combat and now carried her very own Lightsaber and representation of her place in amongst the Force's Will. Turning back remained an option, for they had no real objective for being there outside of potentially finding and keeping some sensitive artifacts and knowledge away from the hands and eyes of worse types, those whom knew not how to best handle the intricacies of the Force.

"Are you ready?" He turned to give Lori the decision, the choice to proceed or otherwise turn back; "We know not what awaits us, and if you do not feel right about this, we can leave here and whatever remains inside to the discovery of other passerby's...", though it certainly wasn't the chance he would like to take, the thought of his daughter coming to harm was a far greater sacrifice he couldn't bare to make.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] was quick to inspect the other ship. She smirked a little to herself as she powered down their vessel and checked the fuel gage. In case they had to get out of their quickly or were pursued, they didn't need to run out of fuel during the process. Right now it seemed as though there was enough, but she'd of liked to have had a little more.

Her Dad seemed to be overly cautious, which made her a little nervous. It was one thing to see someone that they looked up to to be afraid, especially when they seemed as though nothing could penetrate their bravery. The way her Dad survived the attack on the Resolute was a miracle and in some ways it made her feel as though he was invincible. She just didn't want to see if ever there was a day that he wasn't.

Lori gathered her lightsaber. It was a step up from her training one, but not quite the type that felt right in her hands. She'd been looking up various crystals and their properties and was certain of the type she wanted. She had only needed to get to Dahgee to get it. That'll happen in time though.

She disembarked, looking up to her Dad as he gave her the option of having them leave, especially given the strong odds that there could be Sith within the temple. "We could be lucky and they won't try to fight us. But in case they do.....should we sabotage their vessel? Not destroy it, but at least make it much more difficult for them to follow us. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve that I could use." Lori was quite good at tinkering and making traps. Her engineering studies with Jaster was very helpful as well.

[member="Lark"] [member="Dubiety"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
"In a place like this, I'm surprised we haven't run into any trouble already." He sat on the bar counter, casually resting his legs atop a bar stool. His soft, scarlet hair draped over his shoulder like a scarf, and he took another sip of wine. There was no rush, might as well enjoy the moment while they could. For when they plunged deeper into this abandoned place of learning, who knew what dark secrets they would uncover? Eldritch truths might lay hidden within these walls, and those enigmas rarely were left unguarded. Perhaps not by any beast or living creature, but spells or traps surely protected those hidden truths.

Lark finished his wine with one final draw. "Not bad," he said, taking a closer look at the bottle, before sensing another presence towards the entrance of the cavern. He couldn't tell how many, nor who they were. Ambitious scavengers, perhaps? Or something else?

"Now then," Lark continued in a smooth tone. "Should we welcome our guests with a glass, or something more sinister?"

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Dubiety"]

"Ho ho ho~ You could feel them too then? At least that means it's not an illusion." Dubiety chuckled as he replaced his mask. If there was indeed some uninvited guests, the last thing he wanted was to be recognized. The young Sith hefted up his staff, the red gem shimmering faintly as he did, it's dark whispers returning to the back of Dubiety's mind. It was becoming.. Normal. Probably not the best, but he didn't care.

"We have the advantage of knowing the layout, mostly. A trap? Head on? I'm sure they already know we're here."

[member="Lark"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark hummed his quiet agreement. If the unknown intruders arrived the same way the two Sith did, they'd have seen their vessel. Each party knew the other was there, in all likelihood whoever arrived at the temple could already be scheming on ways to take the Sith down.

He hunched over slightly, resting his elbow on his knee and his hand on his chin, deep in thought. "I'm unsure how much time we have to set up a trap, given they could be here at any moment. And if they're Force Sensitive, a game of hide and seek won't work. But you're better at sorcery than I am. Know any spells that can help us out?" He leaned back and reached under the counter, selecting two more glasses. "If not, no worries. Perhaps they'd like a drink before death."

While seemingly unconcerned, Lark was prepared for anything. People often lauded themselves for being prepared to kill, a notion that Lark found laughable. By claiming that you're prepared to kill, one indicates that somewhere, deep down, they feel a twinge of hesitation. That they only killed because they had to.

Lark was not bound to such hesitations.

[member="Dubiety"] [member="Loreena Arenais"][member="Veiere Arenais"]

Team Lightside: Veiere Arenais & [member="Loreena Arenais"]
Er6tw3E.png
"It would be a good idea were we certain to be meeting against definite opposition or in war-time situations for example, however while most Jedi might disagree with me, I would prefer to give these people the benefit of the doubt, Lori" Veiere answered his daughter with a hint of reserve. Many people had questioned Veiere's hesitation in the past and he had often been accused of sitting on the fence or otherwise walking away from a needed fight, yet in his mind there was no opposition until they had taken the steps to declare themselves the enemy and unless doing so, Veiere would always be willing to give others the opportunity to prove the typical assumptions of the rest of the Galaxy wrong.

"I'm aware of the nature of this Temple and the likelihood of their hostility, however I do not know and that is what restrains me. I do not seek to take steps against any man or woman who have not yet shown me an ounce of hostility. Many Jedi and people in general might suggest that it is best to take the initiative and perhaps this will be my undoing one day but it is a matter of respecting life around us, and giving others a chance regardless of their nature or what has been taught to them in life" certainly most Sith would seek to exploit such a mindset, yet Veiere knew that within himself he would have no regrets in trying to maintain his integrity and willingness to adhere and respect all that had come from the Force itself. [member="Loreena Arenais"] could make her own mind up as to what she would come to believe, of her fathers perspective and of the Force as she grew older and gained more and more experience, yet Veiere would have failed his Daughter, his Padawan Learner, were he not to try and encourage her to follow in good moral standing as he sought to do.

"Come then, let us see what we're dealing with. I've no doubt they will be aware of us, judging by the tension in this place..." Veiere spoke as he spared the Hangar a knowing glance, soon turning to offer a brief and slim smile to his daughter, giving her a firm nod of encouragement and then turning towards the entrance that would delve deeper into the rest of the submerged Academy.

"I do have something that might work, though it comes at the cost of my concentration. But, it should prove useful to keeping them on the defensive once it's finished." Dubiety shrugged his shoulders to [member="Lark"] before raising the staff up, it's red gem glistening in the little light there was to offer in the forgotten temple. He set a gloved hand beside the gem, lowering his head as the spell began.

"T̰̱̦͡a͈̬͇̺͢p͏̥͓͈̞͕t̠̘̠̩i͠\̞'͍̩͔̗̮̕,̶̙ ̶̪t̪̝͙r̶̖̭̪̼̟ẹ͙̤̭n͕͎̙͍d̬̝̞̖͓̲r͡i̠ḷ̭s̪̙̟̩͕̰ i̹̮̖͈̼v̛̝̻̝͈̭̗ ̹͕̳t̞̺͎͎̬͝a̴̝v̶͕͈e͇̰̪͕͡ ͚̘͓̜͞n͉̪͢a̳̦̤̟̯̞̮kt̛i̸̻̹̩̥̲s̥̳̗̫̯̫̼͡.̡͙͚̬̭̜ ̙̞̮͓̻̰̳T̛ͅàp͚̖͔̘͉͍t̴̖̬̖̘i̲̺̬̖̕\̱̮̫̲͓̬'̴,̕ m̙͇̙͎i҉͈g͕̺̠͎̙̳l̠̠̺̳a̻̪͇̞͍̻̫ ̜̺͙̙͚i̼v̫̯̣͎̬͝ ̡t̼a͕̜̮̯͍͍͉͟v̵͖̝e̮͎̤̭̣̱͈ ̦̯͎͖j̯͕͎͔e̸ń̩̭̪̭̪\͟'͍̟̝̠͇. Pa̯̥͕̳̝r̶̙̣̫͕ọ̘̪̺͈̫̩d̵̺̹̖ͅ ͏̬̯̖̳̩͔t̠̺̺̫̫̺̹a̵͓̼̳̣̺͕ͅv̟͈ḛ̬͍̘͍ ̮͈͎m̼̣͓͚̻͎i̟͖̥̹͕d̳͉͈w̘̳ą͎n ̱̕t̸u̘͖̻ͅͅ ̶͎͎͎̝͍̻g̝a̪̮̗̜̲̩̪l̯̯̘̰̥͈̜ia̷͓̤,̶ ̗̪̙̰̻a҉͍͍͉ṋ̳̗̱͍̼͕a̸̯̼̰ͅs̶͍ ̴̥̯̣͓͍͍n̰̙͟u҉̠̦͙̮͍ ̵̦̮̫r҉̪ei̥͚̟̼͝k͚̭͎͠ļ͓a̝͈u̧̻t̢͇͙͙̥̠i͕̱̝͙̹̥̜.̢͔͚̙̲̠̠͕ ͙̬Ț̹̳̞̹͇͡u̧͈\̪̯͎͡'̞̱ͅi̛̤̖e̗̺̖̬̮̯͕͟a̷͍͓̞̞̖ ̧̤̜͇̰̗k̛a҉̫s̘̻̬̹h͎̲̻͖̀ ̬͙͉͕̟͙z̷̝o̪̼̟̞̺̦͟ ͍̮͙̲̜̯m̭id͏̝͙͎ͅẁa̼̻͚̼ṉ ͎͔̤̝n̰̮̩͜u͇̺͎̲̖͉ ̪͖̮̥ta̟͈͉ḿ͈ḙ̺̫̟. ̴̯̤̟͉̹̳͔T̸̗͚̹̭̗a҉̫̦͍̝͍̙͕p̻̳̮͚̞̀t̬̗̰̲̣̯i͕\͖͎̲͔̱̣͜',̰̘̦ ̤̼͉̗͔S̵̖̦̯̩̤er̗̤͔̖̀p̦̭̥͍͞eǹt̛ ̤͇̩i͉̘v̯ ͍͈̼̹͈͖m̠͍͕̼̦͈͢ͅi̴̲̻̬͎̯r̲ͅt҉͕i̧̞͍̫s̭͔,̴͕ i̩͚̙͜r̫͔͕̤̣̦ͅ ̴̘̭̤ͅn̶̜̳̯̣̳̣̲e̫̥s͉̭ͅṭ̟i̫ ̶͍̖ṉ̛uy̲̝a̘͉͔̟͍k̯̫͉͙ e̞̰͞n̥̞͖̭̖̖em͇͕͕i̳̠̫͙̪e̖̥͈̼̪̘̰͝s̞̥ ̣̺̼k͇̤͔͜i̗̬̳̩͢a̫͔̬͙̬̫ͅ ̦̕t̸͖̭̞h̘̣͚̹͖͡é̩͈̞̣͎̞į͍̹̻̜͕ͅr̶͎̮̺̼ ̦k̨̼͖n̜̝̗͖̖̫̞͝e͔͚̱e͔̣s͎̭.̼̦̟̹̮ ̸ ̻̙͓͘ͅͅ ̵͔͍̬̺̝ͅ ̻̤̰̩͡"

Words not meant to be heard by mortal ears leaked from the young Sith's mouth as the Dark Side surged. Slowly a mist began to form, condensing around the pair as he chanted the same again and again, each time with growing volume. The mist began to twist, condense, and soon tendrils made purely of the Dark Side rested throughout the room, slithering through the air as Dubiety remained unmoving, focused souly on them.

Then, they moved, the whole mass of them slowly heading out the door towards the pair of Jedi that had come.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Loreena Arenais"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom