Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Feast of Thanks (Mandos and friends)

After a few seconds when he knocked at the Garon homestead it was opened unto him, and was greeted by a woman that he did had no knowledge of. The Warrior was expecting someone like Strider or Garrus to greet him rather than this woman; however, he was not bothered by her and gave her a quick wave and greeted her with a, "Howdy, vod." It was good to know that he wasn't late to the feast even when many speeders and other vessels of transportation were here stationed outside of Strider's house. "Well, it's a good thing that I didn't miss the old man's speech," the Mandalorian said to [member="Myra'di"], "and I don't recall Strider doing a whole crowd control of a party like this." He noticed the playful wink of the woman, but he didn't take it too seriously as she went off to whatever business she had.

The Redneck, on the other hand, made his way to the long table of food and set down the cage of beers on the table and began serving himself sweet, juicy meats and some cooked vegetables along with a bottle of beer. Once then, he made his to a vacant table to fill himself of the promising food. He would socialize with the others in the room, but right now he was going to enjoy his meal.

[member="Aden Dral"] [member="The Traveler"] [member="Artesia Vereen"] [member="Mesh'la Detta Hokan"] [member="Strider Garon"] [member="Mirshko Betna"] [member="Tracinya be Gra'tua"] [member="Mira Rekali"] [member="Krenis Skirata"]

[member="Strider Garon"] [member="Mirshko Betna"] [member="Mesh'la Detta Hokan"] [member="The Traveler"] [member="Krenis Skirata"] [member="Myra'di"] [member="Aden Dral"] [member="Mira Rekali"] [member="Artesia Vereen"] [member="Tracinya be Gra'tua"] [member="Vilaz Munin"]

Not far from the party, Within sight of the guests, The Blackheart let out a soft whining hiss as it landed and settled down onto its landing gear. The ship belonged to [member="Kaster Sane"] , A ruthless cannibal, Though he was nowhere onboard. The Blackheart had been "borrowed" just days prior from Nal Hutta while Kaster had been conducting one shady deal or another.

It was truly a sight to behold as the loading ramp of the heavily modified YT-2000 lowered to the soft ground exposing the one who had piloted the vessel halfway across the galaxy and landed in Stider's backyard. At the top of the ramp stood a young Togruta of no more than twelve or maybe thirteen years of age Clad in a white painted Beskar'gam emblazoned with the crest of the Tal'verda Aliit over his heart and upon his right shoulder pad, Twin Lightsabers hanging over each hip from his utility belt.

With a soft inhalation he smiled.....He could nearly smell the pride and power as he looked towards the denizens of the party, And with proud strides made his way from his recently acquired ship and over to the party. He didn't know anyone here but he knew they were his people and he knew he belonged he at this moment.

Mirshko Betna

Daughter of Arrbi and Anija
[member="The Traveler"] [member="Aden Dral"] [member="Mesh'la Detta Hokan"]

She paused for a moment as she noticed the stranger approach her. It was not someone she knew. And yet, there was a sense of familiarity about him. IF she was reading his stance and voice inflection correctly, anyways. She never could tell half the time. Sure, most Mandalorian armor tended to rather accentuate different parts of the body. Mentally, she shrugged. iIs words sent a chill through her. Of recognition. Not fear. His words struck something within her, and she straightened slightly.

Her gaze lifted to meet that of his helmet, and she didn't look away. For several long moments she just held it. "Perhaps you are right..." she said softly. She had been through much over the last year, and it had left wounds upon her that could be seen by those who could see such things in the Force. They... were not as easy to hide as her presence. Though, maybe they would fade with time. She didn't know. Frowning slightly, she reached out a hesitant hand to grip his forearm in the warrior's grasp before she turned her attention Aden and Mesh'la. She frowned again. She felt... guilty. Like she'd neglected them.

Not much she could do about it now. It seemed a lot of people wanted her attention suddenly, and she didn't know who to look to first. With a shrug, she shuffled off towards her two friends and lightly laid a hand on each shoulder before she sat down. Feth... she hoped she'd not interrupted something. It was hard to tell, half the time. "'Cuy.." she said softly. "I'm so glad you guys are here." After a moment, she answered Mesh'la's question. "Not much really, besides training, and helping Da around the farm." She sighed softly. "Can't say I blame them for wanting to keep me close to home.." she continued softly. "Those, I was thinking to travel around a bit over the next few weeks, maybe visit some faily if they say it's ok. I'm going a little crazy being stuck at home."

Small jump forward with all around the table and feast.....

Strider's dark sullen eyes glanced about to all who had shown. Friends, family and strangers all gathered for good company, good ale and of course the food. But most knew there was a hidden agenda for it was rare of the old man to hold such a gathering. So maybe most came out for pure curiosity of what would transpire at the feast. Times were dark, Azrael was missing in action and the death watch had sought best to rise once more. In such uncertainty, the mandalorian 'empire' had whittled away in their sphere of influence. They were weak.... Strider looked down to the beskad left behind by Prelait ....... and the wolves were coming.

The old man rose from his seat, mandalorian spirits warming his gut and soul. "Listen vode, I have words!' He would interrupt the gathering attract attention upon himself. "First, I want to thank you all for showing up, drinking my ale and eating my food" He chuckled with a wide grin "But honesty, it means a lot to me. I will remember this night for the rest of my life" For how long that will be.

His grin diminsh, his chuckle ceased as he took a deep breath "We are living in dark times. The future is very much uncertain. In the absence of Azrael and with Death Watch rising from the grave our galactic reach has diminished. Where we were once an Empire, strong and united we are now sitting very much divided on the cuff of civil war and extinction. Wolves are at the gate and licking their jowls for the chance of ending our reign once and for all" His deep resonating voice ached with anger and disgust.

"I have served loyally all my life to the mando'ade and to multiple Mand'alors and the one thing i have learned in all these years was that our people thrived when our leadership was strong and united. So in these uncertain times we cannot risk dwelving into the darkness in absence of strength, leadership and unity. So, here and now I announce my claim to the honorable title of Manda'lor. I honestly believe that I can lead our people back to greatness, back to the power we were once before. We will be feared in the galaxy as long as we can all stand together. Far to long have our enemies enjoyed our weaken state. Far to long has the galaxy looked upon us absent of respect and fear" His voice echoed through out the main hall.

"Stand with me united and lets crush these wolves that wish our end!"

...there had been only silence from one end of the large table where the Mando'ade had arrayed themselves. In the dim light of his own corner the man, thick of muscle and broad of chest with wide shoulders ate, drank and listened to the conversations that went on around him. Yet as the Warrior listened to these revelries he knew his Brother had a different purpose the entire time which is why when [member="Strider Garon"] rose from his seat to speak he would lift his head and take heed of the words while scanning the faces in attendance to gauge their general reaction to the claims of the man. It seemed a stalwart speech but such words in these times were not all it took to rouse the hearts of the warriors that lined the table and filled the homestead this evening which is why he remained quiet, waiting and watching so that he could choose his moment wisely....

...the silence that existed after the speech seemed to stretch onwards, he tightened the thick fingers of his right hand around the tankard that he drank from and raised it to his mouth then took a heavy pull from the contents. The alcohol was heady and it dribbled down his chin while filling his belly with its fire. Lowering the tankard he would leave it on the table then lift his hand again. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand Garrus slowly stood, rising to his full height while looking all around himself and then he would call out allowing his voice to echo loudly so that no one would miss his words....

"Words of power, calling to us all
for all of us waiting,
your Kingdom will Come!"

...a poetic verse to be sure as the Warrior lent his support to the claim his brother had made before looking back out over those in attendance again and wondering who amongst them would do likewise and who might oppose Strider. Now that his moment had come and gone Garrus would take a seat at the table once again. Dressed in the common garb of a farmer the Warrior did not look much like the Field Marshal that he was however he kept his beskad close, underneath the table and close to his chair with the blade bitten deep into the wood of the floor incase it should need to find his hand. Truly Garrus was not altogether one for these type of revelries being more of a somber drinker but he could let loose once in awhile just not now and not tonight though for all intents and purposes he was likely done here and could sink back into the background and out of sight...
@Mandalorians

Kango Fett and Emeläz Aejuj showed up late due to some problems with the engine on one of the Speeder bikes. It'd been a miracle that Em had got it working again. They both sat in the back listening to Strider.

There were many mandalorians here that Kango didn't know, but at least his family wasn't here. They did not need to know he had come back to the mandalorian system.
The only reason he had shown up is cause it was rare for gatherings like this. There was something up, and he was sure his people needed him.

Emeläz felt odd and out of place knowing she may be the only non mandalorian here. She was meant to work on ships, not go to parties or be around so many people. And she had so much work to do.
Why had Kango even bothered dragging her here, this was no place for her. He probably broke the engine on the bike only as an excuse to get her to leave the ship. But she couldn't complain. The alcohol was good, the pie was to die for, and something interesting was up. She could see it in her partner's eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom