Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Family Reunion

Dixson Manor, Saleucami

Miri had been surprised to find snow on the swamp world of Saleucami. Apparently some freak weather conditions had led to this phenomena. She watched the wintry landscape from the comfortable warmth of an air-conditioned speeder as she and Kyell made their way to her stepmother’s home.

It wasn’t quite Life Day yet, but Miri still considered this a holiday visit. Due to the distance between Coruscant and Saleucami, it wasn’t often that she got to see this side of her family. Which was a shame, because she was rather fond of Elise, Jacen, and even Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi and Akari, who had been her playmate when she was a child.

<Right here,> she said, gesturing out the window toward a large, stately house. Snow was falling swiftly, partially obscuring her view, but she would’ve recognized the familiar outline of Dixson Manor even in the dark. <This is it.>

She exited the speeder, waiting for Kyell to join her before she walked up to the front porch. There she paused, pulling her white cloak tighter around her as she ran through a mental checklist in her head. Had she forgotten to mention anything important to Kyell?

<I already told you about Elise’s vampiric nature, her Sith past, and her interest in bones, right?> she asked. <And you know about Jacen.> Explaining her little brother’s half-Shi’ido heritage was more complicated, requiring her to explain that her father had spent the last few years of his life in the body of a shapeshifter, which was a whole story in and of itself. Maybe she had overexplained some of it, but she just didn’t want Kyell to be too freaked out in the event that her relatives did anything… weird.

Glancing at him, she smiled reassuringly, then raised a hand and knocked on the door.

Thankfully, for the most part, Saleucami had been a peaceful planet. While somewhat out of the way it's remote location along with being under the influence of the Silver Jedi had made it a quaint get away from all the violence and turmoil in the galaxy. A perfect place to raise a kid through their childhood before inevitably being exposed to the wider galaxy, a trick she had picked up from her own daughter ironically and how she raised Akari.

That being said her son Jacen wasn't as aloof as Akari, having known a bit more about the wider universe due to his older sister and the somewhat unique factor that the boy could shape shift. Kind of hard to have a fully calm family life when you could turn into all manner of beasts, something aided by the fact Elise was an anthropologist and had a good amount of 'material' to study. That and when Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok visiting she often would share stories if but abridged of the ongoing back home.

Speaking of Miri, even from her study on the top floor Elise could feel her presence, that and the sound of a speeder getting closer. Seemed it was time for one of those visits again, but with company as a new sensation and scent reached her. "It would seems daughter has brought a friend over, this should be interesting.... Jacen, can you get the door, we have visitors". She called out, hearing a muffled reply of 'yes mum' accompanied by pattering feet as the boy made haste towards the front door. Herself putting down data pad she was looking through and moving out of the study and towards the stairs.

Kyell Laysel

Last edited:

Kyell Laysel

K

Tag: Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok Elise Ike Elise Ike

<More cold...> Kyell grumbled while he looked out through the window of the speeder. Prior to going here, he had looked up what kind of weather to expect, and this was not on the brochure. Luckily his jacket was quite warm, and they likely weren't going to actually be outside for very long.

Soon, the couple arrived, and after letting Miri step outside first, he joined her and tried to set a rather fast pace towards the front porch. The sooner he was out of this cold, the better his mood was going to be. Although, when he turned to Miri and she began about her family being some kind of Vampire, he stopped for a moment and looked at her.

<Ah, I think you just missed the bones part, no big deal...> He knew about her little brother, but the whole Vampire, ex-Sith, and bone stuff were all new to him. Did she even have any normal family members? He began to seriously doubt it, but it didn't really matter. As long as they cared about Miri and weren't going to try and kill or eat him, it'd be okay.

He hoped.

The two reached the door, and after knocking, a young boy opened up and Kyell... just stared at him. He raised a hand to offer a wave and smiled, but he looked at Miri to help with the introduction. Unless they voiced their consent, he wasn't going to try and use telepathy, especially not with a young kid, who could get freaked out over it.

Miri shot Kyell a look. Aside from his usual grumpiness about the cold weather, she could tell he was bewildered by her relatives that he had met so far. HRDs, shapeshifters, vampires—no one in her family was “normal” by human standards. But then, what even was “normal” anyway?

<You’ll be fine, darling,> she said, leaning over to give him a quick peck on the cheek. <I’ll protect you.>

The door opened, and out stepped Jacen. He was a lanky seven year old boy with smooth black hair and pointed ears. “Miri!” he exclaimed, jumping up and down in excitement.

She couldn’t help but smile. “Happy Life Day, Jacen. Where’s your mother?

“She’s upstairs. Who’s that?” He pointed to Kyell. Being that he was at the age where most children began to lose their baby teeth, Jacen was missing some of his front teeth. Rather amusingly, he had only one fang which poked out ever so slightly from between his lips.

That’s Kyell. He and I are getting married.” She looked at Kyell. “This is Jacen, my brother.

“You’re getting married?” Jacen echoed incredulously.

Yes. Kyell is mute, which means he can’t talk. So I talk for him, okay?

“Okay.” Jacen poked her stomach with a finger. “Why are you fat?”

Miri sighed. “You always ask the hard-hitting questions, Jace.” Since she was pregnant with twins, she was showing a little early, but it wasn’t that much. Just enough for her little brother to pronounce her fat. “I’m not fat. I’ve just got two babies in my stomach.

“Did you eat them?”

Now you’re just being silly.” Jacen giggled, and she rolled her eyes. “I’m pregnant. That means I’m going to have babies.

“Why?”

Hm, I’ll tell you all about it if you let me in.” It was cold outside, after all.

Jacen seemed to consider this for a few moments. “Okay!” He opened the door to let them in. “Mum, it’s Miri and… and Kyell!” Took him a second to remember the name.

Elise was making her way down he stairs a, catching the end bit of the conversation, a somewhat intrigued smile on her face at the mention of twins and Jacen's clear misunderstanding of how children were made. "Seems I might have to give him that talk sooner rather then later. But what is this I hear about twins"? She asked in an amused voice, coming up behind Jacen and putting her hands on the young boys shoulder and pulling him a bit to the side in order to let the visitors in. The pair greeted to a dry warm feeling of air that flowed through the heated house.

"My, time does fly, why I remember when you were a tiny kid, you and Akari playing together, such good times... ah this must be your mate- I mean husband welcome, I'm Elise Ike, pleasure to make your acquaintance". Herself stepping forward a bit putting out a hand to shake, Kyell getting a good glimpse of the so called vampire mommy. The women's skin being a light almost pale color, hair a soft dark brown smooth and without any signs of apparent aging, though accompanied by a somewhat sharp gaze from her eyes. "But come in come in, head to the lounge room and take a seat by the fire and warm yourself up, I am eager to hear how you two met". Elise turning to lead the visitors deeper into the manor and living room, a crackling fire casting warm orange light over the area.

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok Kyell Laysel

Kyell Laysel

K

<Can you protect me against the cold as well?> Last grumpy comment about the cold, he swore to himself.

The doors then opened to first reveal a young boy — Miri's brother — who began talking to Miri. Introductions were made, and he seemed like a cute kid, caring about his sister too as he asked about them getting married. But there was one comment, in particular, that really stood out to Kyell.

"Why are you fat?"

Miri sighed, but Kyell snorted and listened quietly to the conversation. This was amusing enough to him, that he no longer really noticed just how cold it was. Luckily, it also transitioned into Miri trying to get them inside, and he couldn't agree more.

<Good stuff, love,> Kyell shot her a shit-eating grin and stepped inside, right as Elise made her way down and positioned herself behind Jacen. Without a doubt, he was looking at a Vampire, but with a narrowed gaze, he did fail to spot those pointy teeth they always had. Before he could stare and look for them too long, though, he met her gaze and offered a kind smile, <I'm Kyell Laysel, and not Miri's husband yet, but very soon,> he tried telepathically, hoping that she'd be okay with it.

This was going to be a different meeting if he couldn't ever talk to either of them.

The two then joined Elise and Jacen inside, where they sat down by a warm fire and quickly got comfortable. Kyell reached over to take Miri's hand and kept his own hand on her lap for a bit. <Well, we met while we were both searching for artifacts at the Sanctum of the Exalted. I... walked into a trap and she found me hanging upside down from a tree.> He turned to Miri with a nervous grin.

He had a feeling she'd just love to tell the details about that part of the mission.

<She set me free, and after we went through a lot there together, we just clicked,>

<Good stuff, love.>

<I’m glad you’re entertained.>

Miri wrapped an arm around Kyell to shield him from the cold, and didn’t let go of him until they were seated by the fire inside the house. Even then she stayed close, more out of habit than any other concern.

You haven’t aged a day, Elise,” Miri said with a knowing smirk. The vampiress was thousands of years old, but still retained a youthful appearance. “How are Akari and Kurenai, by the way?” She had lost touch with them after the fall of the CIS.

Kyell cautiously replied with telepathy, introducing himself and explaining that they were only engaged, not married yet. “We’d love for you to come to the wedding,” Miri added.

“Can I go to the wedding too?” Jacen piped up from behind the couch.

Yes, of course you can come,” Miri said. “You’re about the right age to be the ring-bearer.

“I wanna be the guy who makes you say your wedding vowels.”

Vowels?” Miri blinked. “Do you mean vows?

Jacen nodded. “The guy who makes you say ‘I do’ and all that other stuff.”

Oh, you mean the officiant.” Miri laughed. “You’re a little too young to do that.

Elise asked about how they met. Kyell answered first, talking about the Sanctum of the Exalted. “Mm, yes,” Miri murmured. “He wanted to impress his master by bringing her some artifacts. I could tell that he had no clue what he was doing, so I offered to accompany him. While we were in the Sanctum, he fell under the influence of a Sith artifact, which caused him to attack me. I had the bright idea to break the artifact’s hold over him by kissing him. And it worked—Kyell was so stunned and embarrassed, he came to his senses immediately. The kiss wasn’t that great, I must confess, but he still asked me out on a date afterwards, so I must’ve done something right.

Hearing the voice of the man within her head was odd, but if that is how he communicated so be it, would not be the first time she encountered such an individual. "Ah, not yet, but planning to I hope if that bump is twins". She joked shaking the mans hand firmly before letting go, turning to Miri as she commented on her looks. "A blessing and a curse but I might start showing signs soon since I'm middle age for a vampire, almost 4000 years old". She commented casually while moving to sit down on one of the free seats near the couch, having to hold in a chuckle at Jacen's idea to be the one creating vows. "As your sister said you are a bit young, but attending this wedding would be good experience, anyways I'd be glad to bring the rest of the family along".

She continued to listen to the pair as they explained how they met, Elise raising an eyebrow with intrigue. "Speaking of Kurenai your two's meeting kind of reminds me of how she met her own husband. Aapparently in a tomb of sorts, probably artifact hunting and she had been hired by him as a guard, wound up having to protect him from some sith spawn or beast. Not fully in the know about the details but, I suppose sisters tend to think alike". She joked, even if the two were not blood related it was an odd coincidence, perhaps a side effect of how she helped raise miri? "That being said both are doing well, from what I hear Akari grew up to be a sweet girl back on Atrisia and Kurenai has sort of semi retired". Not that she really needed to still being young for her age. "I am sure they'd love to see you again.... just be prepared for Akari to pull what Jacen said and ask why you are fat, that girl still has hear heads in the clouds at times".

Kyell Laysel

K

He was very entertained.

Enough to no longer really be bothered by the cold, but he wasn't going to deny Miri wrapping an arm around him, so he kept quiet and followed her and Elise into the living room. They sat down by a comfortable fire, and after briefly telling the woman how they met, he turned to Miri and listened to the details she added to the story.

Now in hindsight, he really felt like he was a huge idiot back then. He had no idea what he was doing, got himself in a trap, and he was trying to desperately prove himself... but he also met the woman he was now going to marry and start a family with. So all-in-all, he couldn't complain too much. He just gave her a bit of a look for listing all of those things.

<I'd love to meet more of your family, so let's invite them all,> Kyell said after the two had talked about Kurenai and Akari. More vampires? He wasn't sure but if they were as friendly as Elise, he didn't mind them attending the wedding. Jacen, of course, had to be there as well, and he'd be perfect as ring bearer.

<How long have you two known each other? Since Miri was little or did you meet her father when she was older?> He asked after a moment, curious to learn a bit more about the family dynamic.

"Ah, not yet, but planning to I hope if that bump is twins."

Miri smiled sheepishly. “Yes, well… It turns out birth control is only effective about 98% of the time. But we were engaged before we found out about the pregnancy.

The thought of Elise beginning to show signs of aging within her lifetime seemed impossible. “I’m sure you’ll age gracefully,” Miri assured her.

“I’m never gonna grow up,” Jacen announced proudly, excited that he would be allowed to play a role in the wedding.

She listened as Elise told the story of how Kurenai met her husband. “Ruins are some of the most romantic places in the galaxy,” she said. “In my opinion, at least. So much history and grandeur…” She laughed at the thought of Akari’s reaction. “I’m glad to hear they’re doing well.

At some point during the discussion Jacen had gone to the kitchen to get snacks, and now that he had returned, he offered some to the visiting relatives. Miri was at the point where she seemed to be nearly always hungry, so she of course accepted.

<How long have you two known each other? Since Miri was little or did you meet her father when she was older?>

I was six or seven—about as old as Jacen is now.” Miri turned to Elise. “My father met you on an archaeological expedition to… Odessen, I think? It was before he and I were reunited.” That simple phrase contained a world of meaning. “I remember when Dad brought me to this house for the first time. The two of you went into the study to talk while I played with my toys. Eventually I needed to use the ‘fresher, but I didn’t know where it was. I went to the study, but it was empty. So I wandered around, getting rather worried, until finally I saw that the bedroom door was closed.

She smirked. “Dad answered the door before I even had a chance to knock. I didn’t know what was going on at the time, but I could tell something was different. Sure enough, we started visiting more often, until we were practically living with you, and then you got married and had Jacen.

Jacen beamed, showing off his single fang and missing front teeth.

Elise cocked an eyebrow at the mention of contraceptive, hiding another small chuckle. “Ah, so it is a surprise, well that can always lead to interesting arrangements and I know I will age gracefully, just expect me to have some wrinkles when the kids are born”. It might be rather nice, people tend to treat her somewhat dismissively due to assuming her ahem with a bit of physical ageing that might stop.

“Well ruins being romantic seems to run in the famil, Kurenai’s own daughter seems to really like them. Not certain she has found anyone to bond with but considering the girls track record I have a feeling it will be inside a ruin”. More so if she continues to hang out with those Silver Jedi padawans. Sooner of later she will meet someone to click with. “That being said Kyell I am sure the most immediate members born after me would be willing to come. Including others might make it a bit to big of a family gather“. After all Jacen wasn’t the only one of the Ike line to go around spouting about wanting to live forever and her over all family was quite extensive.

Herself giving a small smile focusing more on how it would be nice to have the family together for once in a while. Though said smile turned into an embarrassed grin as Miri retailed how they first met. “Ahem, yes, hmm turns out I technically met your dad in a ruin too, even if it was a bit more planned. But yes, he was quite smitten with me and I him, it didn’t help I was a bit lonely out her by myself and was more then…. Happy to have him over”. While not one to shy away from intimate activities Elise clearly was not experienced with talking about it out loud to others.

”I do not regret our time with one another, even if its sometimes has been a tad awkward. And while not Miri’s biological mother I helped raised the girl and am more then happy to have given her a cute brother”. The vampire moving to give Jacen’s head a playful pat.

(sorry for slow reply holidays have been busy)

Kyell Laysel

K

<It was a surprise but welcomed with where we are in our relationship,> Kyell added with a soft smile before he reached over and gently squeezed Miri's hand. But with the conversation shifting to the topic of how Elise met her father, Kyell went back to being quiet and listened intently. The idea that they met during an archeological adventure made him snicker, although their meeting probably hadn't been quite as crazy.

Traps, huge dark side rodents, and a mask trying to take control over his mind...

Turning his attention back to Elise, he smiled at the mention of the immediate family showing up. Kyell didn't really know his family anymore and only had a couple of friends who he wanted to invite. So with some family from her side showing up, it would feel a little more like a proper wedding. <I'm glad to hear it. We'll make sure to prepare for it.> He looked at Miri for just a moment, before his gaze settled on her stepmother again.

<Miri speaks very highly of you, so I'm sure you've had a very good impact on her life. The cute brother, I'm sure helps a lot too.> He looked at Jacen and flashed the young boy a quick grin.

He wasn't particularly good with kids, but he did quite like them. So after some time to get used to it all, he felt confident that he was going to just love being a father.

The Ikes of Atrisia are quite a large clan,” Miri said. She had met a few of them over the years, though the oldest vampires tended to sequester themselves in their ancient fortresses, disinterested in mortal affairs. “But yes, we would welcome anyone who can make it.

Jacen beamed at the head pat from his mother. “I’m cute!” he exclaimed proudly, before shoving more snacks into his mouth.

I never doubted that you cared for my father and I, Elise. You certainly weren’t a wicked stepmother.” Miri smiled. “Do you have any advice for us, now that we’re about to become new parents?

"Well I can certainly say that your father also had a good impact on my own life, bringing family closer together". With him herself and Kurenai had sort of become actual mother and daughter once more despite their past and her pretty much non existent upbringing. "That being said while distant you are also part of the 'clan', and while I know some members are difficult... if you need help they are around".

As for advice. "Well I don't think I am quite good on that front, while I was a good mother to Miri and have had children of my own the 'early' years are something I'm not very well versed in, I recommend you talk with Kurenai, she's had way to many kids if you ask me". "Only advice I can give is that the first time is hard because you might not always know what you are doing, but if you really do love each other and have the support of your family it will be easier to get through and once they are old enough to walk and talk you will be happy".

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok
Kyell Laysel

Kyell Laysel

K

He was really glad she wasn't a wicked stepmother. Would have been problematic with the whole Vampire thing. Instead, the woman seemed to have had a positive impact on Miri's life and for that alone, Kyell would never want her to miss out on the wedding. Of course, Jacen had to be there as well.

Kyell's eyes then turned to Elise, and quietly he listened to her advice. The day he found out that he'd become a father, he already knew that he was definitely not prepared for it. Children were difficult to raise and incredibly demanding, especially when they were still young.

But her words gave him hope.

<I think this will be the hardest thing we've ever done in our lives,> Kyell said, now looking at Miri. <But at the same time, I doubt anything will feel more rewarding than starting this family. I don't really have one to turn to for advice, but if Kurenai and yourself are willing to offer words of wisdom, we'll always happily take them.>

Miri bowed her head in gratitude for Elise’s advice. “Thank you. I'll be sure to remember in the future.

Kyell’s admission that he had no one to turn to prompted Miri to glance his way, mildly concerned. She knew that the two of them were isolated, Kyell especially due to communication barriers, but they weren’t totally alone. “We’ll figure things out together, with a little help from our friends and the Holonet,” she said with a reassuring smile.

His anxiety about becoming a parent was beginning to ramp up right around the same time her own fears seemed to fade into the background, Miri couldn’t help but notice. Certainly she was afraid of things to come, but her excitement and joy was much greater. Even the typical discomforts of pregnancy seemed like mild inconveniences compared to how incredible it felt to be able sense her children in the Force for the first time, or to feel those first flutterings of movement in her belly. Of course, things would probably change for her too as time went on and the true difficulties of motherhood began.

Before she could get too lost in thought, she said, “We haven’t even decided where to have the wedding yet. Any suggestions? I wouldn’t want to pick a place too out-of-the-way for some of our guests to travel.

“Tatooine,” Jacen immediately suggested.

That burning ball of dust? Why on earth would we want to get married there?

The boy just giggled.

Seeing Kyle getting a bit stressed Elise leaned towards, placing a hand on his leg, giving the man a somewhat clam but serous look.

“Everyone has to go through trials, I think you will find in the long run it is not that difficult. Besides I am sure you will be able to share the burden, Jacen could use a playmate and your sisters in law probably don’t mind getting to see a new addition to the family”. Especially the more hyperactive ones, speaking of which.

Elise had to muffle a laugh at Jacens ‘expressive’ nature of the desert world. While it was certainly an interesting part of galactic history due to some certain people who love their she wasn’t to keen on travelling to it herself anytime soon. “Perhaps some other time Jacen, but if I had to give a recommendation Atriasia would be ideal since most of my family lives there and it’s in the core worlds. Would give me an excuse to visit as well”.

It might be a slightly selfish recommendation but considering the GA was the most stable part of the galaxy at current she felt it made sense. “Else I think we could find a nice dusty tomb since that appears to be a running tradition in the family”. She joked with a slightly coy smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom