Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Fae-tful Prank

MikaHeader2.png

Seto Du Couteau
Action: Host a Party in a fellow's Noble's Castle to catch a doppelganger
Attire

JiGZUcY.png
Chaos was never a word that Seto used to describe his life, if anything he often took many great lengths for the opposite to happen. Order, rules and fashion were things he lived by, things he used and as well twist to his liking. Nobles loved old orders of decorum and regal traditions, the young Du Couteau heir enjoyed how easily many Nobles would follow such strict dogma to their very graves. And rules, such as with the Alliance Senate, it was a common enough saying that laws were meant to be broken, but Seto believed laws were there to make one find a way around them.
Just as tailors pick through threads and manipulate the fabrics with their hands, so do we of the Senate work the laws in similar fashion.
Seto sighed though, his exasperation was evident on his face as his hands rubbed his forehead to abate the incoming headache. Someone, or Someones, have been making a mess with several Nobles and Higher Class persons through body doubles. Normally Seto would regulate this type of crime to the authorities and let them handle it. But. But the young Du Couteau heir had been fooled himself by these doppelgangers and that it had transpired to some minor headaches the next day’s business.
While he was highly amused about it all, it presented a threat to his person that simply could not be brushed away. It questioned his ability tell the difference between a real person and the possible fake. Though a tad interesting that I couldn’t, not too too dangerous. Seto drummed along his desk with his left hand as he thought about it, his fingers tapped rhythmically as he focused on his next plan of action. The gears in his head began to turn to set up a potential trap, I just need to grab one of these doppelgangers and from there figure out their end goal.
He had enough chaotic elements in life from the war with zealots of the Maw, and the ever growing beating of the war drums from the Imperial and Alliance border. Seto hoped he could finish this particular issue from his plate.

JiGZUcY.png
If the Senate ever grew too tiresome for Seto, the Noble life would easily fill up his empty schedule due to the sheer amount of parties and galas he needed to attend or even host. And at the moment Seto was standing by the large balcony watching the crowds of nobles milling through the mansion. Castle I mean. Seto chuckled, remembering the host’s indignation when he had asked to use his Castle and mistaken it for a mansion. It paid being the Senator in this case since the Noble didn't just shoo him off the property or threw him in the dungeon for being so rude.
Never would have I imagined in a million life times that I would need to apologize to a building. Seto wearily mused to himself.
The guest list was quite massive, and the invitations had allowed each guest to bring three others with them if they wished. The Nobles of Teta wasted no time to bring as many famous celebrities and other Nobles from off planet to attend a party organized by the Senator Du Couteau. There was to be a special announcement near the end of the night as well.
An exclusive and special announcement for the ears of those invited only. Seto grinned at his own reflection in his cup. If there were a chance to capture just one of these dopplegangers, no doubt these criminals would not miss this opportunity. Large number of people, perfect to blend and escape notice if needed. And most importantly a lax and overwhelmed security detail to easily fool to gain entrance.
Seto breathed evenly, his Force senses stretched around him and he mentally prepared himself to embrace the miasma of strong emotions. The crowd of Nobles filled to the brim with pride, ego and ignorance that could easily cloud a Padawan’s senses through the Force. The young Du Couteau heir stepped away from the balcony’s rail and headed into the grand hall.
“Only a thousand faces to search through, not at all unfeasible. Not. At. All.”

Vy2NTqS.png

June_Div.png

Rubbing elbows with nobility was.. A blast. There was no other way for June to look at it. Their rules, their order. They followed everything to the letter, refusing to break even the smallest bit of etiquette. For the being who loved nothing more than to prank, it was prime territory. The right face, the right mannerisms learned through study and watching, and she could throw an entire evening and party into chaos. Beautiful, wonderful chaos.

Freedom.

It was never anything malicious. No matter who they turned into, they'd only push things along. A noble lad too shy to ask their beloved's hand would find themselves doing just that, though not in the way they expected. Falling into a fountain with their love, laughing as they emerged from the waters. All under the watchful eye of the imposter seeking to break every rule and show people a path to happiness they wouldn't think of.

Then, another party. The party. As a little bird June had overheard it. Perched near a gossiping pair of noblewoman. A chance she couldn't, wouldn't, pass up.

white2_by_wlop_ddtwqf5-pre.jpg

She arrived alone. Confidence swelled in her chest. She learned much of the culture here. Of how the people viewed each other. Other nobles, the empty throne. A calm smile stayed on her features as she stood at the top of the stairs. She wasn't introduced, she didn't need to be. Each step down the stairs was accompanied by whispers of the crowd. Rumors spread. The heir to the throne. To the Empire. She'd been planting seeds for months now, the idea of the silver haired maiden, hidden from the publics eye.

Now was the time for the reveal. Poised and confident, June smiled to each, simply bowing her head as she stepped through the crowd. All eyes on her.

Perfect.

InDaYCg.png

Seto Du Couteau
Action: Headed towards the Entrance to catch a 'Rumour'
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

Confidence often went a long way for people who wanted to fake their way to success, of which Seto had plenty of experience with unfortunately. Or fortunately, depending on who was being duped at the time and for what reason. For that reason he had maintained quite a firm grip with key Nobles on Teta, as he couldn’t simply allow any of them to scheme for their own rise to power without his backing.

He looked around to see just how many noble men and women gathered for his party, the sheer amount of rigid aristocratic arrogance was suffocating in the Force. Emotions of pride, deviousness, and outright malevolence in some made Seto’s attempt to find any doppelganger comically difficult. Mentally shaking away some angry thoughts of ridding as many nobles as possible, Seto maintained his usual impish smile as he greeted a slew of minor nobles.

While being the Senator had many perks, the one draw-back were the constant appeals of many other nobles that simply demanded their few seconds of attention. If only I was a woman. Seto wearily grumbled to himself. The Matriarchal nature of Teta hindered his potential plans to wield further control of the social elites of the planet. Thus the fact he had managed to maintain his position as Senator only brought along its own challenges.

I can only subconsciously suggest my goals for only so long. Seto grimaced at the act of using the Force for this act of manipulation. But if he hadn’t, the Nobles and the Corporate Leaders would have subjected the planet to near ruin and stagnancy.

All the smiles, hand shakes and well wishes were empty words, Seto knew if he hadn’t intervened when he did many of them would be driving daggers into one another’s back. That was his overarching goal constantly, putting on the veneer of civility and decorum, reinforcing the rules of silk-stocking and the such.

Attempting to push past a few persistent near-stalkers, Seto headed towards the main entrance to see just how many more guests were arriving. A part of him regretted the near unlimited quantity of guests, but he reminded himself of the reason behind it and smiled through his annoyance. And for a moment Seto mused that maybe he was in over his head to catch these chaotic ne’er-do-wells.

Slightly messaging his forehead, Seto heard a few murmurs and felt a notable shift of emotions through the Force. The crowd of nobles near the entrance were focused on a particular person coming up the entrance. A woman of quite stunning countenance, a breath and air of confidence surrounded her, similar to her own dress that matched her beauty. Her hair was rather similar in colour to his own, but Seto narrowed his eyes and focused her expression.

Rumours that had begun around the time of the doppelganger stunts told of a particular noble. A royal noble to be particular, a real royal. Seto mused on whether he should nip this in the bud, if the Nobles Teta began to cry out for an Empress yet again, it would cause some damage to his reputation when he would stop their efforts. And stop their efforts I would, I cannot have an Empress war of the Throne on Teta. Seto brushed away non-existent creases on his shirt and headed to meet this Rumoured Royal of Myth.

June_Div.png

All eyes on her. It was an empowering moment, even if it was a lie. She continued to walk through the crowd, her eyes sparing no one a glance. June was, for all intents and purposes, the picture of a perfect noble. And that was the point. The big prank. To show them something flawless to fawn over, then show just how imperfect the flawless being was. Remind them that they are all human. It was flaws that made them beautiful.

So she tripped.

Her graceful walk came to an abrupt end as a heel snapped and she went tumbling towards the ground. All according to plan.

Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau

MikaHeader2.png

Seto Du Couteau
Action: Headed towards the scene of the "trip"
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

The young Du Couteau heir prided himself in his ability to maintain a strong poker face, but as he witnessed a quite unfortunate event of the lady tripping over herself. Well. Seto raised an eyebrow that threatened to leave his forehead and reach the atmosphere. As the lady stumbled down to the ground, an audible gasp from the gathered crowd provided a background sound.

Seto allowed himself a single utterance of a chuckle, his mind attempting to wrap around this absurdity. The chances of this happening to someone so graceful. Seto mused on how this would poorly reflect the host, since after all it could never be the fault of her, the ground was to blame.

I wonder how embarrassed she’ll be. . . or angry. Seto was too far away to help, but he did move closer as the crowd around her circled to see if they could do anything to assist.
Maybe I should offer my own apologies?

June_Div.png

June huffed as she moved to a more seated position. Reaching down to the heel that had snapped in a false bewilderment. Silence, save for a couple hushed whispers, all around. All eyes on her. She slipped both her heels off, pushed herself to her feet, dusted off her dress. And smiled. "Ah, what's the point of heels, right? They break to easy." She walked through the crowd, head still up, barefoot, to the nearest trash. Where she'd casually dump the pair of heels.

"Good riddance, I say."

Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau

SetoHeader12.png

Seto Du Couteau
Action: Headed towards the scene of the "trip"
Attire

JiGZUcY.png
Seto’s eyebrow continued to threaten to leave his face, but as he moved closer to the growing spectacle his expression returned to his casual smile. An easier face to maintain, and far better than to display a face of pure incredulity at the situation unfolded right in front of him. What are the point of heels? The thought nearly shook Seto to his core, fashion dictated appearance and that demanded the ultimate focus and attention.
Gracefully the young Du Couteau heir maneuvered his way through the crowds, moving closer to the young lady of rumour and mystic. “Perhaps you simply need the right heels.” Seto commented.
He bowed his head, and quickly introduced himself “-I am Seto Du Couteau, an honour to make your acquaintance Lady. . . ?” Seto gestured outwards with his right hand as he raised his head.

June_Div.png

"Or, perhaps, there is no reason to stress so much about clothing. So long as it's comfortable and looks good, why bother with anything more?" Yes, yes! Someone took the bait. June kept a calm smile though as she responded to Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau , her eyes the only part betraying the inner mischief of what she was planning to do. Throw all of this posh to the wind, open their eyes to the fact they don't need to torture themselves to look good.

Such as heels. The terrible things those are.

The disguised Fey kept her head up, only bowing her head for a moment, and shortly after he'd introduced himself. Part of her wanted to keep him guessing on her name. The others were whispering still, even more now that the host of the party had greeted a royal candidate.

Ah, this was the host then?

"June. Pleasure."

SetoHeader15.png

Seto Du Couteau
Action: Help out the Fashion Disaster
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

“Lady June.” Seto bowed his head forward slightly in both honour and respect. But his eyes threatened to narrow at her response, fortunately he remained all smiles that barely reached his eyes. Odd greeting, and even odder response to clothing.

The young Du Couteau was raised on the idea of appearance, and fashion came hand in hand with that concept. Royalty, Nobility all held such varying but consistent philosophy that apparel was to be regarded just as highly as one’s own manners and decorum.

“I dare say you have an interesting notion.” Seto responded, he had heard this line of logic before, from his adopted sister. That’s because she wasn’t raised with nobility. She had a reason to be so blase about clothing.

“If it pleases you, I’m sure we can find some comfortable replacements.” Seto offered, he gestured to June with his right hand to follow him, “-And if need be, I can have a Tailor arrive here ready to make you the perfect pair of shoes that will meet your. . .er. . . requirements of comfort.” Seto added, his smile threatened to break but his cerulean eyes shined brightly regardless.

Broken heels, I can’t let this be the biggest story of the party in tomorrow’s news.

June_Div.png

"Of course you have Tailor on call to replace the heels of a random guest. Why wouldn't you?" Of all things, too. June did her best to hide her giggle, though the faintest sound of her laugh still escaped from behind her hand. How could she not find that funny? This was exactly the atmosphere she was trying to break! The need to spend so much money on people all to save face. That wasn't fun. That wasn't a life worth living.

"I think I'll be fine, barefoot. Unless these polished floors are too dirty for me to walk on?" Oh yes, she was taunting Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau now. A calm, dangerous looking smile rested on her lips as she walked with him. All eyes were still watching. Listening. Waiting.

Truly beautiful.

InDaYCg.png

Seto Du Couteau
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

Seto gave June a rather incredulous look, “You don’t have a Tailor on call? I only figured mine would be closer to assist as soon as possible.” He explained, it wasn’t all that unusual, after all most Tailors would die of a heart attack should one of their outfits become tattered or ruined. I worry about the poor Tailor who had those heels made. Seto mused sympathetically.

The young Du Couteau heir narrowed his eyes, even as his smile was somewhat retained as he listened to Lady June. Rather unusual response, but perhaps she’s more free-spirited. “-Well, not so much the floors, but an incomplete outfit might spread gossip. But from the sounds of it, I guess there is no need for me to call my Tailor.” Seto admitted defeat at this point.

His eyes glanced around, noticing a rather increasing amount of Noble eyes, nothing unusual. But what did concern the Senator as he stretched out his senses with Force, were the noticeable tendrils of jealousy. A time for schemes and plots. Seto though had other pressing worries such as discovering the terrorizing doppelgangers, he could worry about Lady June the Rumour afterwards.

“What brings you here other than Lady June?” Seto asked, perhaps a bit too directly. “- The polished floors here are quite clean, the food is rather good but the company here can bring down the quality.” Seto explained, his near exasperation of the suffocation Tetan Nobility could cause was palpable.

“-Or maybe perhaps you’re bored like so many here are, hoping to find some excitement.”
Truthfully, Seto wagered the cause of much of his headaches came from bored Nobles that simply wanted more and more attention.

These Nobles might be the end of me.

June_Div.png

"Overwhelming boredom, yes. These parties are the only times a noble truly can unwind, and that's saying something given how tense everyone is. Even though this is supposed to be fun, people are already looking for weaknesses in one another to put themselves ahead in some way shape or form. Especially the ones watching us. Likely to stop any ascension to the throne that isn't their own or at least in their own interests." Not that June had any intentions of taking the throne or anything close. She was only here to try and liven things up, after all.

Speaking of. Much like a dog with a squirrel something caught her attention. Without a word and perhaps too quietly she slipped away from Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau . Her destination? The bar. Maybe if she got to drinking, others would too! There was nothing like a few drinks to help clear the tension that'd been building long before this party even started. She grinned wide as she approached the counter, through the crowd that continued to part for her. Whisper curiously as to what she was doing.

"Give me something strong."

Here we go.

SetoHeader12.png

Seto Du Couteau
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

Seto raised both eyebrows, rather unsure of how to respond to her comments, Rather not being subtle with her words. The issue of Nobles acting as snakes in the garden was after all a normal occurrence. It was perhaps their greatest ambition in this galaxy, to be a part of the ‘great game’ and from there to join an even ‘greater game’ after that.

“Perhaps you have a point in that matter, but many Nobles of Teta have realized I’m quite an obstacle difficult to slither-” Seto began to speak but as he turned his attention away from the watchful eyes around him and back to June, she had headed towards the open bar without so much as a word.

The galaxy was clearly taunting him.

With a rather indignant frown, Seto quickly followed but quickly wiped away the scowl before reaching the bar. He shook his head towards the barkeeper, he still couldn’t allow himself to lower his guard at the moment. “-You seem rather disinterested in the Throne by your own actions.” Seto commented, he forced down the annoyance from his voice to keep the conversation more than pleasant.

“But on your comments on why some Nobles here are rather tense, it mostly has to do with a series of disturbances that had transpired.” Seto explained.

With a rather undignified exasperation the young Du Couteau heir continued, “-Many are annoyed with this group of ne’er-do-wells that somehow can imitate other Nobles, like doppelgangers in some cases.” Seto explained further.

And I have to catch them before they make my life even harder. “-Regardless of that mess though, I must ask Lady June, and please forgive me for being blunt, but do you truly intend to climb the steps up towards the empty throne? And for what family?” Seto normally would have not needed to ask for the family line, most nobles usually preferred to be called by their family name.
Can’t secure their own prestige so better to borrow from their own fore-parents.

June_Div.png

Oh?

All at once June's mind traveled to Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau 's reasoning for this party. Was he searching for the dopplegangers? Though, he was thinking there was more than one? She did her best to hide her little grin. If only he knew he was talking to the one and only impersonator of the nobility. She pursed her lips though. Should she lie? For all the falseness of her simply being here, she never once lied directly. People just assumed what they wanted. She just.. Never corrected anything.

"I truly have no desire for the throne, for myself at least. But look at this room, the people in it. Already trying to figure out how to win the game of politics. Do they care who sits on the throne? Do they care if that person would be a good ruler for the people? Or only if they'd help some unneeded agenda for their families alone? .. If anything, I'd like to stop the game."

SetoHeader15.png

Seto Du Couteau
Action: Getting to know an Empress
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

Seto’s expression softened for a moment, a thoughtful and almost considerate moment before his usual smile returned. Clearly she was attempting more than to just brunch out, but to actually shake a few branches. One way to get people to notice you. . . Seto mused, though he paused for a moment realizing he was assuming a lot from her response. Simply getting attention was easy enough, but grabbing the attention of the right people required a few extra steps. And the right moment.

“Don’t you enjoy games yourself?” Seto asked, “-Of course when it comes to attaining authority, some games are far more serious than others, but as it stands the Throne of Teta has remained vacant for quite some time.” He explained a bit more, a ting of pride in his voice. He took far too much pleasure in stopping these sort of games for an empty Throne.

“Tell me, what would you do if given an exquisite throne to sit on?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom