Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Difference in Language

Objective: Fix your maps!
Tags: Mi'la Undari

A voice bounced through the serene halls of the temple, interrupting many as it passed. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS IS ALL YOU HAVE?!" The source? A young wyrru diplomat. More accurately, the translator droid of said diplomat, with its volume dialed up to 200 to mimic the yelling of vocally communicative species. Peaceful Chaos would later learn this was much to high a volume, as it temporarily deafened many of those in the library and scared away birds half way across the planet. The second one is, of course, an exaggeration.

Peaceful Chaos was aware this galaxy knew little of the universe, but they hadn't expected the state of their maps to be so poor. They could barely travel a single galaxy out! "This cannot do! You don't even have the Ocean Lightning Galaxy!" The name of the galaxy, spoken as ocean lightning in the descriptive sign language of the wyrru, was pronounced as the "Vuskigt galaxy."

With a flick of the force, a holopad sailed out of a repulsor lift backpack and held in front of the wyrru, who faced an increasingly distraught librarian. "As you ally, I will not allow this thing to move. You should not be ignorant of these things." Advancing towards the rodian, Peaceful Chaos' headdress rang with the sound of metal hitting stone and vice versa. It didn't bother them, they couldn't hear it.

Perhaps it was the fact that what, for all sake and purposes, was an oddly headed, fifteen foot long snake approaching at alarming speeds, maybe it was the painfully loud yelling, or even the asserting confidence and odd colloquial language, but one of these three, or indeed perhaps all of them, sent the unfortunate knight toppling backwards.

"I'm sorry s-sir, you're not authorized to change any of the- of our records." The young man stuttered, overwhelmed by the odd being before him.
"I'm not a sir! Though your language has a poor translation for what I am. I am a them, an in between if you will! And I would not be changing it, you would! I would just be giving you the information to change. Airsick planet bound, can you not understand how helping works? It wouldn't be helping if i just did all the work for you!" Thrusting the holopad forward, the wyrru watched as the man only stumbled farther back, having not yet risen from tripping and falling over one of the many chairs. This was fine with them, in fact it was seen as polite. He was at their eye level, and staying far enough away to stay out of their blind spot when directly in front of them. Of course, to most species this was an alarmed gesture, one of defenselessness and panic.

Mi'la Undari

M
Mi'la had been used to the archives, after all she was an archeologist. She was documenting her findings on Panatha, when the voice of two individuals caught her attention. At first she tried to ignore the pair, knowing that arguments in the archives happened rather often, but it seemed that there was a situation brewing, and the Twi'lek could no longer ignore it. She looked down at the notes she had typed on the terminal, scowling as she realized she hadn't made as much progress as she would have liked, but she would have to leave it as is. Someone might need her help, and she couldn't ignore them. Standing up, Mi'la moved from her terminal, and found the source of the commotion rather quickly. A fifteen foot long snake creature seemed to be in the process of arguing with one of the Librarians, over what, she could not say, but the situation looked like it was drastically out of control.

Better step in before it got even worse. Sniffling a sigh, she longed for a time when she had the force, would at least get a feel for what might be going on between these two, but for right now she was going in blind. Raising her voice a tad, Mi'la felt like a criminal; raising your voice in the archives just seemed wrong to her. "Right, excuse me you two, I'm not sure what the problem is here, but you need to keep your voices down." She stated, moving to interpose between the two, and allowing the Liberian to get back to his feet. "This is a place of study, any problem you might have, I suggest it be handled with reasoning and logical approaches." She added, stepping in front of the man, and looking the serpentine entity in the eyes. She had studied something like this before, but the name was drawing a blank at the moment. It didn't really matter at the moment, she just need to deescalate the situation and go from there; she was certain the name would come back to her by then. "Now, can either one of you tell me what this is all about?" She wondered if this is how Sakadi felt a times. Being a mentor was challenging.

Tyaxiv Tyaxiv

The sound of footsteps came from behind, soon followed by the origin of the noise. A violet twi'lek. Of course, most people would fail to see the female as she approached from behind, but their rectangular head gifted them with an almost three sixty field of vision. The Twi'ek was dressed as a Jedi, and appeared to be a young adult, though the Wyrru had a hard time discerning the ages of such a short lived species.

She inserted herself between them, helping the Rodian to his feet. Spines pressed down into the tail, and the idea of confusion filtered through the force before being masterfully swept away. Was that not acceptable in this culture? The young scholar made a mental note to add that to their on going research.

"Right," The Twi'lek's voice cut through all thoughts of academic study. "excuse me you two, I'm not sure what the problem is here, but you need to keep your voices down." Had the droid been too loud? They would have to get the help of a verbal species member to adjust it. Maybe one of these two?

The woman continued to speak, going on about the sacredness of study places and logical thoughts. Or something along those lines. Peaceful Chaos was too focused on her lack of the force. She was dressed as a Jedi, but did not have the gift. Why? Was she a special case? This required further study.

"- what this is about?" She finished saying. The noise of the translator droid filled the silence. The tick of artificial spines on metal body encompassing the three sentients. "You see Jedi ma'am," The wyrru signed, deciding to save their questions for a more appropriate time. "I am a diplomat for my species. I was trying to fix the current holo maps. The information is horribly limited, and as you ally I thought it important to help fix that." Tne droid translated the foreign sign language. Using instead a verbal voice.It was slightly robotic, and sounded young but confident. A deliberate choice to reflect the wyrru that owned it.

On the other side of the woman, the Rodian spoke up. "They were trying to add unverified information to the archives! I told them it wasn't allowed but they just wouldn't listen!" His slight form radiated indignant anger towards the diplomat. Likely caused by his fall. They really needed to update the cultural applications of planet bound species. That meant another research log soon, not that the young wyrru minded.

Mi'la Undari

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom