Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A defensive Death Star?

So I was thinking to start the long process of getting a space station made and thought about a Death Star. It would be modded to NOT have the star killing laser. It would still have torrents, but the main purpose is as a massive flag ship built to house ships, lodging and to surve as a portable safe point for Vitae.

Do you think this should be done or is this thinking too big? I have other ideas if this is too much, but I want to offer this up for discussion.

Possitive critism only and do not turn this into a slamming of someone's words please.

[member="Hakora Rhapsodos"]

Few people have done a flagship thread for various reasons... The ship has to be unique, it can only be a maximum of 5,000 meters, and it has to be owned and operated by a Major Faction. So when it comes to fleeting, having very powerful semi-unique destroyers at 100 posts in a dev thread is a lot more beneficial than having a solo flagship. Of course, you get what you write for, so there's no telling how unique or special a flagship could be -- as long as you have a good imagination.

That said, I think it's awesome that you want to take on such a large project but remember before you do to find a major faction that's willing and the writers necessary to put out 400 posts!

Edit: I don't believe anyone's completed one, my bad if I suggested that in my original post. People have however done similar projects per the old rules.

The death star was the size of a moon ;)

Just an example is Vader's super star destroyer was roughly between 11,000-20,000 meters or 7 to 12 miles long for those who don't use the metric system! That's a pretty big perspective, but then again, on Chaos a flagship would still be the most powerful ship in existence. Unless one were modest in its development.

I have never done a Flagship thread, though I have created a ship of a similar concept! It was my jewel when I first made it, but looking on it retroactively it's not that great a ship... or perhaps I just don't know how to properly use the damn thing to its fullest potential :p

It's called the Girth of Gluttony, and its a 2km Diameter Sphere with 500 droid starfighters that can change themselves into four different types on command (one form to act as the ships anti-starfighter turrets, another to be a bomber, one to be the basic gun with engines, and one I dubbed as a Sniper), and can be replaced by debris in space via a moderate molecular furnace. It was also double shielded, with one shield extending I believe, 1 km outwards. Oh, one last thing, it only had one entrance for a single occupant (A ghost inhabited very powerful holocron) and 20 other guests, the rest was automated.

So if you wanted to use that as a model, feel free!

Why not just add a moon randomly to a planet, (Or us a existing moon) and create a massive complex on that moon that acts in the same exact way you are thinking off. A: You get your base B: The thing cant move and C: It breaks no rules...

Back to the drawing board, but riddle me this. Is there a bigger thing than a flagship? A Death Star moves very very VERY slow so it isn't eaxactly a flag ship, but more a moving space station?

Bump up the post limit and make one?

Hakora Rhapsodos said:
Back to the drawing board, but riddle me this. Is there a bigger thing than a flagship? A Death Star moves very very VERY slow so it isn't eaxactly a flag ship, but more a moving space station?

Bump up the post limit and make one?
There is nothing bigger than a flagship. The maximum sized ship allowed is 5000m. There's no leeway on that, what you get is what you get.

[member="Shane Williams"] Because it's unnecessary to have something that big. 5 km is rare in universe, beyond that is even more so, and is used at Staff's discretion during specialized events.

And also because originally the site canonically was just coming out of a galactic dark ages where ships of that size were utterly unfeasible. Now that some time has passed, the ships rule have expanded to include ships of 5 km length, which is 3 km larger than what you were allowed in the beginning of the site. So be grateful! lol :)

[member="Fatty"] I see these dark ages seem to explain why tech hasint advanced as much. Also super star destroyers were fairly common enough in the empires time during the civil war but i see your reasoning. To create such large ships usually required massive ship yards like the mon calmari's or the yards of kuat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom