Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Deadly Dance

SINN Headquarters
Above Bastion
Ever since it's inception, the Sith-Imperial News Network had developed a strong working relationship with the Saaraishash. While it's business was Galactic News and Imperial Propaganda, SINN also had an underlying focus on Intel Gathering. That very nature was a closely guarded secret, only those who were meant to be in the know, knew. Speculation was an inevitable factor, but nothing could or would ever be confirmed. Especially SINN's involvement in helping the Saaraishash.

With their Agents scouring for threats both within and outside of the Sith Empire, SINN provided an extra hand of sorts. A majority of the information was nothing new to the Inquisitors, but the media conglomerate gathered a lot of general intel that often held a few diamonds amongst the rough. Data on frequently visited holo-net sites, whether some new and upcoming social platform was building a lot of attention - whether it could be a secret hub for potential insurrectionists. That kind of thing.

For Astrid Gray though, she was using that relationship to call on a favour.

Ever since the event that got her trapped on a station full of pirates, Astrid had grown much more cautious whenever she was required to leave Sith Space. It was always a risk of being a very public face within the Sith Empire. But there was something about the recent events that had made her wary.

More suspicious.

This was the second time in a row someone had refused to come to her; into Sith Space, for a meeting.

Astrid wanted to ensure that this time she had much more competent backup, unlike the guards she had taken last time. That was what had led her to making a call to the Saaraishash, requesting help on a matter.

"Ma'am. A...Djorn Bline has arrived." She turned her head to look over at her desk, to the voice coming from the intercom. "Shall I let him through?"

Hmm, I was not expecting a response so soon...

After all, she knew how busy the Inquisitors could be.

"Yes, I've been expecting Mister Bline." Astrid turned her head back, looking out through the expansive viewport, to the impressive sight of Bastion below.

[member="Djorn Bline"]​

Soon indeed he did arrive. He valued his line of work and his duty to the Empire more than his life which was obvious due to the results he delivered to the Lord Inquisitor and the Emperor from his division. From inexorable dedication to the Saaraishash he was rewarded the rank of High Inquisitor, being a deputy to the Lord Inquisitor himself from his department. More responsibilities were entrusted in Djorn that required attention other than being on the field and getting his hands dirty to suppress insurgents that lived within and outside the Empire, seeking to undermine the order that was built tirelessly within the domain of the Empire. He supervised the training of fresh green agents handpicked for the Saaraishash, oversaw logistics being handled without delay, and other insufferable tasks that had to be completed regularly on time.

Meeting with important allies and assets was also one of them.

Djorn was one to believe that the Saaraishash was the most central and invaluable aspect of the Empire. Every nation needed it military which was expected out of the Imperial Legionnaires and Navy, and most had their own order of Force Adepts which belonged to the Brotherhood of the Sith. The Saaraishash controlled the truth and information, and that was vital in keeping the masses in line and feed them propaganda that bolstered their morale. When one had control over the truth, they could manipulate hundreds of systems with billions of lives.

The High Inquisitor didn’t know the notion of this meeting except knowing who exactly he was about to meet for the first time. A known face and name that operated the news network of the Empire, knowing how to shape it. He was allowed to proceed once Astrid’s secretary allowed the doors to open before him, walking through the doorway.

”Miss Gray, a pleasure to meet you,” and continued towards the woman, her back turned as he seemed to observe the grand metropolis of Bastion.

[member="Astrid Gray"]

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine, Agent Bline." She turned around to face the man in question, looking him over for a couple moments before she walked towards her desk. "Please, have a seat." Astrid motioned towards one of the two chairs in front of the desk.

The office was pretty standard in terms of office spaces. Not too small, but not too big either. It was perfectly designed to just be the right size, enough to make it clear that whoever owned it was important. In terms of decoration, it was clear that Astrid was one to not casually mix business with pleasure. There was practically nothing personal added around the room, aside from some pieces of artwork, sculptures and a number of plants dotted around.

Although, someone with an eye for it would probably recognize the flora to be of Dubrillion origin.

"Before we begin, I must thank you for responding so quickly. I know how busy you and your fellow Agents can get on a daily basis." Especially with how much the Sith Empire was expanded every year. "As I stated in my message, I have a more...personally matter that needs attending too, but it believe it may potentially threaten my safety."

Astrid was after all a very public face of the Sith Empire. The driving force behind SINN, and the numerous Sith-Imperial propaganda that was spread across the galaxy.

"A few months back I was caught in a situation, trapped on a station besieged by pirates. Now, I don't believe it to be some conspiracy, but more a simple case of being in the wrong place, at the wrong time. But, the person I was meant to be was a no show before everything got turned upside down." So there was some paranoia surrounding the situation. "And now, another important meeting has been set up, but the other party has outright refused to enter Sith Space for it."

[member="Djorn Bline"]​

He took a seat after Astrid’s gesture and invitation he was one to always show his proper Imperial etiquette when meeting with figures such as Astrid, through that flew out the window when he was with his fellow Saaraishash operatives no matter where it was. Unorthodox coming from him, but sometimes attitude was needed in the Empire and not rely on tin soldiers that were being squares. Speaking of squares the office was one he had seen before in many places. Adequate sized and its voids of space decorated with Imperial art whether it was a painting or a sculpture. All done with precise perfection as the Empire strove itself in that mentality.

Busy was an understatement to describe Djorn these days. He probably had thousands of hours saved in his PTO if he ever needed to have a little time for himself. Just his evening alone was enough to refresh himself, both physically and mentally, before preparing whatever chaos had conjured for him to desist.

He listened and remembered some brief details about Astrid. How she was involved in a terrorist situation, an incident that cost her her legs though was upgraded with some cybernetic ones that could truly take lives with those thighs. Or at least he imagined that.

”I don’t think your last meeting was an accident, Miss Gray. I believe it was done on purpose in an unapologetic manner. Didn’t show up? Not even a simple call? And what happened to your client? Didn’t have to worry about facing the damages that was forced onto you.”

”So no, I think you’d be wrong in believing this to not be a conspiracy. It is something me and my agents have to deal with on a daily basis, and I know one when I spot one. You’ve already inquired for the meeting to take place within the safe reaches of our domain and has outright refused it, even on the frontier which you might’ve asked them if I’m correct. And whenever someone doesn’t dare to step foot within our Empire, it’s because they are afraid of us or they’re an enemy of ours and are avoiding to be brought down to justice.”

This was all in theory, of course, though it was supported with concrete evidence based on the topic being discussed. Better to be safe than sorry.

”As much as I’d like to persuade you in canceling whatever business you have with this party, I instead ask you to accept this unfair proposal from these...people. Play their game, let the events unfold.”

[member="Astrid Gray"]

Having not taken a seat herself, Astrid stepped away from her desk and moved back over to the window. "The incident on the Medical Station was meant to be a meeting over relief efforts. Both the client, and the company in question had no reason to try something like that. I believe a third party was involved, using the pirates as a distraction for something else, something more important to them."

Silence followed for a few moments before Astrid returned to her desk and finally took her seat.

"Be that as it may, the two are not connected." With a press of a finger, the desk hummed to life as a holographic screen appeared just above it. "The contact is from a very well known family, one with no association with the first client, but the fact they want a meeting outside of Sith Space...well I think you'll find it strange too." A few keystrokes later, and a profile appeared on the screen. Astrid raised her hand, flicking her finger slightly to spin the image around for Djorn to read.

"Arcturus Drayen, of Dubrillion's royal family." The profile was decently extensive, information clearly taken from the Sith Empire's information databanks. It had a bust shot of the man in question, showing; despite the lack of colour, that he had streaks of grey starting in his hair. The rest was filled with basic information, full name, age, family...which was very large. The size of it eclipsed the likes of say the Zambranos, if you look at it's history across thousands of years anyway. However, a vast majority never survived until old age, due to an old disease that had been haunting the family ever since the days of Nok Drayen.

"Now, you're probably wondering the same thing I did. Why is it then, that he'd need to arrange a meeting outside of Sith Space, if he's already; technically, part of the Empire?" Once Djorn was done reading, Astrid switched off the screen and relaxed a bit more into her chair. "Which is a concern of course, except for the fact that he wants to meet on Corellia, during a charity auction that's happening soon. A very public venue, he's not foolish enough to try something."

[member="Djorn Bline"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom