Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A day of reckoning

The time had come. Sadrion's anger at the Jedi coexisted with Xardus's own anger and fear, but it had now been amplified to unbelievable levels. Slowly making his way to the Jedi temple on Tython, he looked upon it with burning eyes. Reaching the edge of the forest, he began to notice that the courtyards were mysteriously empty. That didn't completely register with him however, and he continued to walk upon the grounds. Pulling back his robe, he grabbed his lightsaber, but not igniting it yet. He felt a strong presence within the temple, brighter than any he had ever come in contact with. Something told him that Xardus had in fact met this presence once before, but it had been weaker then. Now, the level of power was intoxicating, and it drove the dark force forward, greedy with hunger. Stretching his mind across the entirety of the temple, he relayed his thoughts outward: 'Reveal yourself, Jedi.'

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

And the presence revealed itself. Leaping off a statue, a hooded figure landed in front of Xardus flawlessly on his feet. They breathed lightly, staring Sadrion down through their hood. Finally, they removed their hood, and Sadrion could sense that this wasn't the same Jedi Knight that he had once met.

No, this was Josh DragonsFlame, Jedi Master, member of the Council, Grand Admiral of the Republic, yet.... Something seemed off with the man. He could sense grief, depression.... Yet despite that, the Master seemed determined as he stared his former friend down.

"You called?" he finally spoke, his tone much colder then it once was. More firm. Less like the naive Knight he'd once known.

@[member="Sadrion"]

Off in the distance, Sadrion heard footsteps, then a sudden leap in the air. Standing before him was a grown man, however he seemed familiar. As if on cue, a memory from Xardus triggered off.

Darkness. Complete darkness. He could barely see in front of him as something swallowed him up. "Xardus!"

The screaming of his host's name broke Sadrion out of his stupor, and he acknowledged the Jedi at last. Walking to where he was within a few yards if him, he spoke into the man's mind. 'So, you must be Josh. Xardus has told me all about you. you're good friends with him, aren't you?' He relayed an amused set of emotions towards him. 'Did you know about his grudge against the Jedi? It is the reason I've come, after all.'

"Talk to me like a man" he said firmly when he touched his mind with his words.

"No seriously" he said, his tone lightening as he held up a necklace. "I can't hear you very well with this on. It keeps Force Users from attacking my mind"

A smirk crossed his face. Despite all the suffering he'd endured, losing his love and his unborn child, he was still capable of acting as he once did, somehow.

"Grudge against the Jedi?" he asked. "I'm unfamiliar with that statement" he explained. "What's happened to you, Xardus? You changed, out of the blue. You used to have such purpose in life, and now..."

He looked him up and down.

"I don't even recognize you anymore" he said coldly.

@[member="Sadrion"]

Sadrion hated it, but he was forced to speak verbally. "Xardus is my prisoner, lightsider." He chuckles softly as he thought of the concept. "You see, I'm his other half. His darker half. Did he ever tell you of what happened to his father? How he was murdered while on a mission? The Jedi refused to search for the killer, avenge his death. Poor little Xardus." He shrugged. "I'm simply carrying out what he's been too weak to do."

"Well, that would explain why my urge to kick you in the balls has been growing every second" he snarked in response, pacing around the Sith like a predator, never taking his eyes off the "Other half" of his friend.

"You mean the father who's datacron I have on my person?" he asked. "I think he'd be happy to see it... Yknow, if he wasn't being taken prisoner by some humpty dumpty" he said coldly.

"The Jedi aren't tools of revenge, kiddo. And Xardus wasn't a Jedi regardless, even if I had offered him the chance to join up with us. But if you plan to harm my brothers and sisters in the Order.... You have to go through me, Xardus" he said, playing with the lightsaber between his fingers.

"And this is where you're going to find I'm not as easy pickings as I was on Dagobah..." he said coldly. "I have nothing left to lose"

@[member="Sadrion"]

(OOC: If you remember, Xardus actually told Josh he used to be a Jedi lol)

Sadrion snarled back, his golden eyes glowing from beneath his mask. "I told you... I'm not Xardus!" With a yell, he leaped at the Jedi, his lightsaber raised to attack. Once he was in range, he sliced three times at the chest and prepared to unleash a massive force wave. Letting all of his anger out into the attacks, he used it as it's own weapon.

(I realized AFTER XD)

His lightsaber was out, just like that. The dark blue blade hummed as he blocked one slash to the chest, moving with quick reflexes to block the next, then pressed his saber against his in order to block the third. Quickly, the Jedi Master continued the press, his superhuman strength allowing him leverage as he pushed Sadrion away. Before Josh could counterattack, though, Sadrion suddenly went for a massive Force Wave.

As he prepped it, Josh's quick wits kicked in, and he unleashed one as well. The two could feel the air and wind blow viciously at them, as the two Force Waves connected, but it didn't budge either man.

Without a second thought, Josh quickly went on the offensive, switching quickly to his favored Makashi style, Josh went for one quick yet hard slice to the shoulder, and regardless of whether he succeeded or failed, went for another on the side. Regardless of the outcome, Josh would rear back and drive a boot into Sadrion's face, whether it was due to him doubling over in pain, or him being bent in position due to blocking the attack to the side.

@[member="Sadrion"]

As if to mirror the Jedi, Sadrion quickly took his own favored form of Juyo and prepared to strike. However, his speed was nothing in comparison to the master's. Before he could react, he was slashed in the shoulder. Though his armor protected him from such attacks, he could still feel the heat beneath, and the armor Rawls had already been through trying tmes. Looking downward, he brought his lightsaber up in a counter against the second strike, right after receiving a face-full of boot. Good thing his mask had been on, that would've cost him some teeth. Reeling back, he stepped into his adapted Juyo stance-eerily similar to Xardus's-and looked the Jedi over. "I wonder... What would happen... If a padawan or knight arrived to help? Would you pale and beg for mercy that I not kill him? Or would your cold demeanor stay with us?" This was an empty taunt, because the both of them clearly felt no other presence there. However, Sadrion wanted to see if he couldn't push the Jedi just a little bit.

Josh paced around his opponent with a cold stare.

"Too bad there's nobody here, huh?" he replied coldly. "Just you and me, XARDUS" he barked toward him.

"Come on, you going to fight like a man, or is the dark side not as strong as you thought, that you have to resort to empty words?"

@[member="Sadrion"]

Though it was unknown to Josh, Sadrion mirrored th Jedi's cold stare. Looking directly into his eyes, his own flashed defiantly. "Test me." Raising his hands, he maintained his focus as they coated in dark side energy. A dark aura seemed to flourish around him while he worked. Seconds later, a force net had been cast around the master, and Sadrion smiled to himself.

But it didn't go. Somehow, the Force Net seemed to get sucked into something in Josh's pack.... The ring. The one that Josh had come into possession of recently. He didn't know how, but it did.

Quickly, Josh's mercy for Sadrion expired. He lashed out, letting out a war scream as he feinted a saber slash, and instead struck Sadrion dead in the mouth, sending him flying into the wall with Josh's superhuman strength. The Jedi Master gritted his teeth, entirely focused now.... No longer taking this lightly.

@[member="Sadrion"]

Sadrion's eyes narrowed as the energy was sucked into something in the Jedi's pack. He began to walk toward him, but was surprised again as he was blown back into a wall, followed by the angered man. Chuckling, he watched him begin striking once more, bringing up his lightsaber to block each one. The last hit got through, and burned slightly into the metal, leaving a black mark. "It must be frustrating, having to fight your friend. Isn't that right, Josh" He smiled wikedly under his mask.

"Wrong. You are not my friend. I'm SAVING my friend from YOU" the Jedi Master corrected harshly, before suddenly pulling out a second lightsaber, taking Sadrion by surprise by the sudden switch of styles. The blade was certainly different from the blue blade with the blue hue. This one, instead had a golden hue, and was obviously meant to be wielded by someone a bit stronger... Like a Wookiee. Yet Josh wielded it with ease alongside his own blade.

Attack, attack, attack. That was the Jedi Master's strategy, something that would make his strength come into play as he slashed again and again and again constantly with both lightsabers, trying to either knock Sadrion's defense down, or knock away his lightsaber to disarm him. Every shot that was blocked was like a hammer crashing down on Sadrion's blade.

@[member="Sadrion"]

(OOC: Just a reminder, don't forget to edit your last post so that the force energy is consciously transferred into the ring by Josh)

As the Jedi continued to batter Sadrion, he backed up a little. Though he was indeed strong, e didn't have the focus that Xardus did, and thus couldn't return any attacks, or even enhance his own strength. He was practically defenseless. Soon, the lightsaber was knocked out of his hand, and he was left with nothing but his armor. He only grinned then. Now he would see how the Jedi master would deal with getting through the Magnus armor. If only he knew about the hole burned into his lower chest by Xardus himself...

Not realizing he had subconciously been transferring energy into the ring, Josh cracked his neck as he looked Sadrion over. He had been there when Xardus had gotten the Magnus Metal. He knew that he had likely made it into armor.... And so had he.

He wouldn't be able to stab Sadrion. It was lightsaber resistant, immune to blaster bolts... But he left his head open.

But he couldn't kill him. He couldn't kill Xardus. Josh disengaged his lightsabers.... Almost seeming to give up.

"You think you're so smart with your armor, don't you Xardus?" he said, shaking his head. "You've got me in a corner here.... How do I...."

He nailed him. Superhuman strength and all, his fist connected with Sadrion's skull, sending him sputtering. He was aiming to KO his friend now, it seemed. No mercy, while he wouldn't kill him, he would fight with all he had unarmed....

@[member="Sadrion"]

Sadrion smirked under his helmet. The master had kept his cool throughout the entire fight, but the rage could now be easily felt. He wanted to kill him, but was afraid of hurting his friend. The perfect hostage situation. Then, the unexpected. A single fist came flying at his face. He never had another chance to speak, as he blacked out instantly. Though the mask protected his face from serious injury, he would have a serious concussion, an a horrible headache when he next woke up.

When @[member="Sadrion"] would awaken, he would be in a Force Cage in the Temple. There were no other prisoners but him it seemed. His weapons and most of his equipment had been taken off of him. He'd been arrested, obviously.

Finally, the Jedi Master returned, and shook his head as he looked him over.

"So why did you come here, Xardus?" he asked sharply.

Xardus awoke in a strange cage, surrounded by a strange temple. Looking around behind the eye slits of his mask, he instantly spotted the Jedi standing before him. "You! I know you! Get me out of here, I have to stop Sadrion from taking control again!" Upon re-taking control of his body, the man had seemed to have trouble using his limbs, as he swayed back and forth. What could be seen from his eyes, they were now deep green and radiated pure terror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom