Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Day In The Life

102a61529083c5c64f1fa9e9e89653d6-3.png

BLOOD & ALLEGIANCE
~This is just a warm-up~

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla

smalldivsilver.png

IRON’S HEARTH, KESTRI, WILD SPACE

The cold weather of Kestri will never stop me from doing my routine. Growing up here, it's a thing we all complain about. It's an easy excuse for not doing the things you're supposed to, the cold, breezy air of the desolate ice planet. Yet, the more I find myself traveling abroad, in a violent manner or diplomatic, the more I find myself yearning for the very same cold wind that I used to complain about. Rishi, Rodia, Ryloth, Kamino, they all have a more desirable weather and richer soils, but they are all pale compared to Kestri. They said champions are forged in harsh conditions, and I started to understand that as time went on. We grew up in a weak and poor Enclave, afraid to take a risk, and we grew up the greatest generation the galaxy has ever seen. Reggie, Celt, Sahan, Dima, Mevia, Gailen.

The last name makes my heart flutter a bit, as the freezing water of the pool brushes hard against my pale skin, rough friction as I am making a lap. Dumb, young love. I wouldn't even call it love yet, at this point, but it's still a very nice thing, the man's good at what he does. The other name, Mevia, has also been a constant in my life the past few months. From the day we met and I sparred with her sister, to the battles we've been through, fighting in the name of the Enclave. Not to mention, she seems to be close to my brother, I'm pretty sure the nature of their relationship is quite similar to Gailen's and I. Another topic to catch up on. The war definitely shapes our relationship, Mevia's and I, in a certain way, for better or for worse. We quickly gained on another's trust, or I hope so, since we've trained and fought together on multiple different occasions, but conversations outside of that have been pretty limited. She knows how my life's going, Gailen and all, and I know some sort of stuff she's been dealing with, especially the family issues, but we haven't been able to speak heart-to-heart about that. That should change today. We're getting deep into the war, both of us are going to hit Kiffu in two weeks, and who knows what might happen by then. We are all still mourning for the loss of our great War Dog, Shai Maji, so much so that my newest crew is going to be named in her honor, Manda forbid anything happen to Mevia, or any of my friends, but we all still have to accept that it's a risk of war.

One tricky thing about finding the time to meet Mevia is she's not a morning person. I usually reserve my night time for Gailen, so that only leaves us the afternoon. She's staying at Iron's Hearth at the moment, so it makes things easier. I went through all my routines today, breakfast and morning prayer with Emam and Dad, then straight to Iron's Hearth. I specifically told Mevia to wake up at eleven today, much to her dismay, but as usual, I arrived too early. Some spare time to go swimming while waiting for her to get ready, I guess, you can never go wrong with that.

smalldivsilver.png

smalldivgold.png

Mornings had always been hard for Mevia. In her early childhood years, toiling as a slave for Mawite Remnants, she never learned of a proper daytime-nighttime cycle. Once adopted, and given the ability to sleep in, she had often times remained petrified in bed for hours after sunrise. Even once she finally recovered from the shell shock of being a slave, she simply had never been a morning person. Her childhood memories were full of her late father and elder sister being awake in the mornings, while her mother and herself crawled out of bed way later. Despite her habit of sleeping in, Mevia managed to get a lot of training and exercising in during the daytime, once she finally awoke from her slumber.

But since the death of her aunt, she struggled to get out of bed all the more.

It was a deep sorrow that kept her beneath the bedcovers. She was reliving the nightmare of losing her father all over again. It was such a deep emptiness, digging out a hole in her heart and leaving it for the elements. Depressive, dull sadness wrapped around her as she struggled, always, to keep moving. But what would eventually wake her up in the mornings was another feeling tied to her auntie's death... rage.

The driven, dark purpose of revenge. To train, to fight. To march right back into battle and teach those Jetii "peace keepers" a lesson. Vengeance.

The surges of energy her anger gave her, they drove her to wake up eventually.

While she had woken up around 9am this morning, she found herself unable to move for a long time. The clock steadily ticked on and on, as Mevia wrestled with memories of her auntie training her and teaching her to use a jetpack. But as the time edged around 10:30, she realized she would have to force herself out of the mountains of pillows and blankets she had buried herself in. She was meeting her friend Yael Kandar Yael Kandar today, in less than half an hour.

With great reluctance, she fumbled out of bed.

She did not even bother to shower, or the comb her long, tangled rat's nest. She pulled a tank top and shorts over herself and shoved some shoes on. While it was blistering cold on Kestri, it was warm and comfortable inside the confines of the Iron's Hearth. She grabbed a protein bar and an instant coffee, and she was off.

Mevia walked into the pool room with an exhausted, just-crawled-out-of-bed expression on her face. She was still finishing off the protein bar she had grabbed from her pantry as she approached the pool's, where Yael was swimming.

"Hi."

The Chiss Mandalorian sat down on one of the pool's lawn chairs. She took a sip of coffee, eyes drooped, as she wondered how in the Galaxy people had energy before 1pm. The steam from her coffee mug swirled around her face as she spoke in a lulled, but attentive, tone. Just because she hated mornings did not mean she didn't value Yael's input, after all.

"You wanted to see me?"

smalldivgold.png

BLOOD & ALLEGIANCE
~This is just a warm-up~

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Mevia Vizsla Mevia Vizsla

smalldivsilver.png

IRON’S HEARTH, KESTRI, WILD SPACE

"Morning sleepyhead." I said as I swam towards the side of the pool, grabbing my towel to dry my hair, before climbing off the pool and drying my body with another. She looks bad. The tired face, unkempt hair. She's lucky that she's meeting me and not Emam today. A little mischievous thought did cross my mind, to just straight on hug Mevia to make her soaking wet, but I was able to fight the intrusive thoughts. I'm quite unsure of her current mood, considering what just happened back in Ryloth, so I'd rather just be a sweetheart for her this morning. The thought still made me chuckle, however.

"I can't just miss my favorite girl? It's been a while Mev." It just has been so busy. The war really took most of our time away, most of my interaction with Mevia has been limited to just training and planning for the war. The escalating stuff between Gailen and I also plays a part, I have to split time between him, Mevia, Dad, Emam, and my other friends. It also doesn't help that Emam don't want to talk about Mevia with me. "You're her best friend, you'll take her side every time!" is what he always said, which always resulted in a slap from me. He can be such an ass sometimes, the guy knows that half of the Enclave desires him and that makes him a bit too immature and prone to act rash. I know that he likes him quite a lot, he just refuses to act like a man, and that makes me want to beat him up sometimes. I don't want him to hurt Mevia, really, especially now. Left by your sister and losing your aunt is a really tough one-two punch to swallow. That's really the main reason why I am forcing her to meet me today. To discuss the war, sure, but also to talk about everything else.

"How are you holding up?" I pulled one lawn chair and put it right besides Mevia's, sitting beside her and pulling her into a side hug. I'm usually not a touchy person, I don't think I've held anyone close besides Gailen for the past year or so. But I do know that my best friend needs me right now.

smalldivsilver.png

smalldivgold.png

Of course Yael asked her how she was...

Mevia huffed when she asked that. She crossed her arms and looked away; about as grumpy as a loth-cat in water. Her red eyes reflected her deeper emotions, and Mevia's angry reaction was the obvious surface level of grief. She remained there, stubborn and stuck up, for a moment before the crossed arms turned into a self hug. She looked down, frowning as she opened up.

"It's always the people most important to me dying off. My father, who saved me from being a slave. My auntie, who-..."

Mevia teared up, She lifted her hand and started rubbing her eye. She hated crying. It had been all she had done, early in life. When she became Mandalorian, she grew up from being a slave. Only weak people cried, and Mandalorians were not weak! But right now, crying was something she once again wanted to do. She took a deep breath, thinking herself better than this. She sniffled, but she managed to keep it together.

"Auntie taught Elise and I to use a jetpack. How to fly... I love flying. I was struggling a lot more than Elise in training. Typical. Auntie was rough around the edges, but she was really patient showing me how to take flight. I never forgot it. She may have made mistakes, but kark it, she was amazing!"

She gritted her teeth. Anger flooded her as she slammed her fist against the chair. "Kark it! Those karking Jetii are to blame! They need to pay for what they have done! Wasn't she close to the Jedi who killed her? Show's her for trusting one of those-those chaakars! So much for that!"

But the dreaded thought crossed her mind. Not only was Aunt Shai close to that Jedi, but they were sisters. At least, Shai called them that. The thought of having to fight her own sister sent shivers down Mevia's spine. It cooled her anger briefly as she looked downwards.

Yael Kandar Yael Kandar

smalldivgold.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom