Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Dark Voice Beckons

Rumors had reached the ears of Kyrel Ren, of the likes of more Ren that somehow remain in the galaxy. Even after the purge that came from the invaders. He found it unlikely for Ren to remain. Until he had heard of a woman. A vigilante of sorts. One that had barely reached his ears. And when he found her, he slowly started to reach out through the Force. When he did so, he influenced her mind slowly, as if tiny bits and pieces of thoughts here and there. Images of a fiery world, and that of a humble abode that spoke to the likes of her. A dark monolith that spoke of evil centuries past, and was now home to a new kind of evil. One that embodied or to carrying out the will of the dark side itself. While on his travels, Kyrel had learned much about the Knights of Ren beyond the known galaxy some of which he had never seen before.

A dark transmission came inside her head from across the galaxy. "You seek Justice yes... Your path is lost and wandering... Yet I can show you so much more... A path where true purpose lies." The tone was muffled through the Force, but it offered a sense of purpose, knowledge and a path striving for. As he meditated within the Sith Cave of the Castle. His connection to the Force amplified due to the way the structure was built. Amplifying one's own energy in the Force. He was able to project his thoughts to the Knight of Ren gathering her on a path that would lead to him.

Mustafar was a holdout world for the First Order, the local Imperial Remnant, The Crimson Hand maintaining a firm hold on the system. Waiting for the day when the First Order would come back. It had been many years since the fall. Yet they held out hope that Imperial rule would rise again. The world from orbit was guarded by three Resurgents, as Kyrel sat withn the dark obsidian fortress. Waiting to see if his visitor would arrive.

Justicar Ascenda Justicar Ascenda

The Justicar was not one for frivolity. Between her wanderings of the masses, the armored figure knelt and meditated on the Force. There was much to contemplate. Many faces, many worlds, many customs... How did Justice manifest throughout it all? Justice must be fair, equal, and universal. Mercy was unnecessary -- there were times when sentences some would consider monstrous were borne of sheer necessity. The galaxy was vast and the interconnection between all living things could not be ignored. Tug on a thread in one place, and you might influence another. These things and more demanded deliberation.

As she knelt there, at times a presence would seek to sway her thoughts and emotions. It disturbed the regimented thoughts and laser focus deliberation of law and order. There was a strange desire to visit some location far from where she current resided. It was this oddity that drew attention as an outside influence, however that too was a targeted effort. Until once it whispered of purpose.

Purpose. The chin of the Justicar's helm lifted slightly. She knew these promises. She had heard them many times before.

With no haste, she gathered her belongings and made for her interceptor. If this influence sought her presence, then she would answer. Whether it received the response it truly desired, however, was far from certain.

The dark, swept vessel pierced the clouds over Mustafar as it descended toward the surface. Where the influence sought to guide her was clear as the Justicar drew near. A Fortress of which shew knew though had never had need to visit before. In truth, there was much familiar of her approach to this place -- too familiar.

After the thrusters had eased the vessel down upon a landing platform, the ramp descended beneath the cockpit. Slowly, the figure adorned in armor reminescent of the Mandalorian strode toward that platform. Two sabers were secured at her sides, a rifle strapped across her back, and a pistol holstered at the small of her back. Being invited did not mean she would arrive unarmed; and if the invitation was one of combat, there would be no disappointment.

Tag: Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren

"At last... I've been waiting for you." The voice calls to her, all around the dark obsidian halls stormtroopers watch the new visitor. Kyrel could reach out through the Force, sensing the woman's intentions. But even he knew that she belonged to only one path. That was to the Knights of Ren themselves, and it was for this reason. He would make her realize, and see that path that was before her. He guided her through the Force. Leading her down all the way to him, the dark side strong with the fortress. It echoed a dark force that had resided within the walls for perhaps thousands of years. Making it a place of worship and pilgramige for one in the dark side.

She was slowly led through the halls, with one intent guiding her. Before she knew it, she was in front of a door. The door slid open and she went into a massive hall of sorts, underneath the lava catacombs of the Fortress blazed, and created an artistic feel to the dark obsidian walls that were around the room, as what was on the far end. Sat a man dressed in armor, wearing a mask a mixture of Ubese, Mandalorian and Sith design, a blood red cloak around him with a saber dangling.

The man arose from his seat and spoke.
"Greetings.... So you are the Ren I have heard so much about... Allow me to introduce myself. I am Kyrel Ren... Enforcer of the Ren and now it's Master... For I have come offering you a different path. A path that you might find more rewarding then it is now." He stood looking at her after making his bold claim, moving slowly to approach her until he stood before her. His intent not to attack, and not to cause harm.

Stormtroopers. If she hadn't already garnered the ownership of the place before hand, it was impossible not to now. It had become clear the closer she'd come to the planet, and there was a part of her that thought to turn aside and leave the voice to its own devices. How long had she been shackled to them because of her children? The one, true binding force between her and the Order until the woman that became the Justicar seemingly no longer existed. Should she, perhaps, return for the same reason? That by ensuring the survival of the Order, she bolstered their chances to survive in turn? There was no indication they yet lived, or that this faction held sway over the same people as the old. No, the old reasons were gone now. The Justicar would not be weighed down by any one person's desires -- even the voice of who she'd once been.

She followed this unseen guide through the fortress. No attempt was made to converse with the soldiers that stood guard. They would have nothing worth hearing, nor would she expect them to answer. Whoever sought her presence held the answers.

A being who, at long last, she beheld as more than a vaguely defined presence. Their appearance was neither shocking nor unnerving. It held the appropriate visage and weight of intimidation for what she was sure was a lofty position. Perhaps the highest if this were a severed branch of what had once been.

As the man neared, the Justicar held her place and made no move toward any of her weapons. Was it not clear the man's power? Most certainly. Nevertheless, unease and even fear were no reason to act as a criminal might. No crime had been committed she was aware of, and so for the time being the Justicar was content to converse. "I am Justicar Ascenda. My path is that of Justice and Order. I do not see what more reward I may have than knowing my actions reshaped this chaotic galaxy."

Her response was not one made maliciously. What the Justicar had become, however, over the years was someone fixated on Law and Order to cope with what had been taken from her, and what she had been forced to do to secure those she'd loved. Over time, what might have once been a mask became her face and the singular purpose of her existence. Perhaps Kyrel could propose to help her accomplish this, or perhaps he could add something that resonated keenly to the Justicar's zealotry.

The Master of Ren looked upon the woman, he had sensed her thoughts. Looked inside her mind to see that this warped sense of Order and Justice. It had reminded him of when the Master of Ren had the sense of code as she did, when under the command of his Master, of his Supreme Leader. He looked at her in silence, as she introduced herself. Gathering a moment to speak his thoughts, out of all the Knights that he knew, she was not one that he had encountered or knew.

"I once thought as you did, you know. Order, Justice. I had thought that such things were easily accomplished. Such things are never black and white. Justice, Order. Concepts that you cling to with you're fractured mind. The concepts only nothng more than a mask to hold it all together. I sense pain inside you, you think that these concepts will help you in some way... You are misguided, your path long since lost to the vastness of the galaxy. I do not mean you harm, for you are my guest, and I have come offering you a better path."

He stopped for a moment, the woman before him was broken in a sense, unstable by her senses of Order and Justice. Now here he stood, and what he sought now was to turn the woman from her path, towards that would lead her back to the Knights of Ren, to her true home. One that would grant her purpose, and to repair her mind. He would not hesitate to attack, standing in a cautious stance. Vader's Bane hung close to his side, eager to defend it's Master if need be.

"The Ren will help restore that which is broken. You know of it yes, it calls to you once more. To show you the way, True order is caused by control. The First Order sought to gain both through control.. It still can of course.. But The Ren, Ren does not care for Order and Justice.... the galaxy is consumed by chaos. We take what is given by the dark side and feed the shadows. You must embrace new ideals if you think order and justice can be obtained."

A faint, chill breeze swept through the hall in which the two stood. Where most were avatars of flame, eager to consume anyone that challenged and to raze anything that offended them, the Justicar was a creature of the Eternal Void. A creature so vast that the flame was but a bitter mote surrounded in darkness, and warmth a fleeting memory. Surrounded by the churning planet of Mustafar the mild ire of Kyrel Ren's guest was a scarcely felt breeze; but then he had only brushed against her sensibilities.

"Kyrel Ren, Enforcer and Master of Ren, I have heard these words before. I was found, ignorant of my own power, and taught your ways. Darkness took me and I bent knee to those that opened my eyes." The glow to her visor intensified. "I executed that Master having found them guilty of wanton disregard of what effect their actions had despite their allegiance to the Order." Which was really a rationalization of the Justicar that had grown in place of the Mandalorian she had been. "And continued in my role dutifully until the Order was no more. My Path is that of Justice, for it is one worthy of my trade, and brings purpose that so many in this galaxy have lost. It is my devotion that strengthens me, and an iron will that judges the guilty."

A moment passed and the sweet chill faded away.

"I hear your words, and would listen, but do not mistake the resolve of a Justicar for that of an ambling Human." Her time brought up as a forced conscript had brought results, but with it a resentment that others had happily overlooked. If anything, a resentment which they no doubt had applauded themselves in fostering -- up until the moment she cut them down. Like the Mandalorian-inspired suit and helm she word was intended to be as much a blade in her side that could not be removed as the 'tailored' suit had been to the man Kyrel Ren took inspiration from. She would not be easily swayed to abandon who she had become for a mere philosophical ideal. Much time had been spent reflecting on who or what she'd become. If anything, Kyrel should have been disappointed if the Justicar acquiesced easily -- for what one could sway quickly, so could another.

Kyrel was puzzled by her words, his name was known to some, perhaps a whisper. The vast majority of the galaxy did not know him. He stood before his guest, as a breeze blew forth, gentle at best sending his cloak slightly billowing as Kyrel remained his posture, as if a looming shadow within the obsidian halls of the Fortress, where he listened to the Zygerrien speak of her own resolve, and that of her own philosophy. To which he was intrigued by of course. She seemed to have a profound view on that of Justice and Order. As if she was entirely a slave to it. It had peaked that of his intrigue and that of his curiousity. And while he may had different views on what is Justice and Order, and how to exactly obtain them. He was mostly interested in trying to rebuild the Knights of Ren, for that was his endgame at work here.

He paced around her slowly, as if observing a piece of art. Before looking her right in the eyes. As if standing with clear confidence as he spoke coolly. "Human or not, it does not matter to the likes of what the Ren were, once followers of the Supreme Leader, and now something more. Something that transcends your views on Justice and Order, when we have lived to serve that Order... Once Sieger Ren was in command of a vast empire used to bring in order and peace. The Ren have for now outlived him, and as we serve the shadow in his absence, we also serve of what remains of the Order. I offer you to put your views aside, even for a moment. I offer you to consider that perhaps you would wish to bring the galaxy to true prosperity under the might of First Imperial rule?"

He said, while he himself had not abandoned where he came from, as a First Imperial himself, and served the vision of Sieger Ren, Kyrel himself was tasked with rebuilding the Ren, for he would make sure that the Knights of Ren did not die or even fade from Sieger's will. The Ren an idea that transcends that of vessels such as Sieger or himself, and carry on such as the stories and legends of the Knights of Ren. Looking at her he was curious to see if she would choose the right path. Afraid that someone of her remarkable potential would slip through his fingers, just as quickly as he found her

Something that transcends justice? The very notion might border on insulting, but the Justicar continued to listen. With those words, Kyrel spoke of order, peace, what was, and what would soon be. There were changes to come for those that followed the Ren. Their direction now turned toward the Shadow, which even she knew well.

Despite the loss of the First Order that was, Ascenda had not turned her back on the darkness. It was a powerful ally. It was not evil as some would claim, though it could lead a person to commit evil. A tool or facet of existence was not that which committed the crime, nor should it be judged in place of those that misused it. In standing there, the Zygerrian in armor had no philosophically incompatibilities with what Kyrel spoke. Not yet.

As they stared at one another, each no doubt searching the other, the Justicar considered the man's offer. Should she turn away and leave them to their devices, or join them and perhaps weigh the worth of their belief?

"It is not an act in isolation, nor the espousing of a belief that defines its worth. It is what follows in its wake. How the world is shaped by it judges the actor worthy or not. I am open to joining you, and in judging the worth of these views. Together, we will reshape the galaxy. I look forward to your instruction," the Justicar said at last. Even so, she would not bend knee to just any command he gave. The woman the Justicar had been once had been broken by one like Kyrel -- though of the Old Ren Way -- and she would not take to being broken again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom