Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A crystal for your thoughts

mVMtgSD.jpg

Hazel eyes found the dirty floor, the way grime and soot seemed to just adhere to the duracrete. They moved to the corner, where the wall extended upwards towards the vaulted ceiling. Along the dented metal frame of the entry way, cords were crudely hidden behind bent tin that opened up at mid height. A set of switches hung from a bracket, circular and depressed in a square panel. He quietly moved over and pressed the first one.

The sound of fuel filled the forge. That natural tone of gas, mixed with finder agents, gave the distinct impression of something industrial. With the forge primed, he pressed the other switch and a spark formed in the back of the aperture. As it ignited, the shielding panel closed to encase the heat. To further improve the temperature control, he installed self maintained dallorian alloy vents. More of quick fix then something permanent, he'd buy proper modifications when time allowed.

"Dats a pretty flame you got there, boy."

"It's alright." He looked over his shoulder finding the hunched over gypsy, eyes grey and sunken deep in wind burnt flesh. "You manning the front like I asked?" It was obvious she wasn't. Being a ceramic worker, he could only imagine what sort of makeshift ideas of a kiln she was crafting.

She waved, giggling as only a crone would. "Yeah yeah, it's early though. Ain't nobody around."

"If it's so early, you obviously don't need that mead." In truth, he made it specifically for her. An ailment, he didn't seem to understand, gave her that hunch and a nearly toothless grin. He hoped with some of the imbuement, that he might help her in her fight against it. And with a laugh, she shielded the bottle in her regal purple robes, turning towards the open face storefront.

"Ah come now come now, I aint doin' nothin to ya."

"Do nothing to me up at the front." He pointed but she was already making her slow way there. He had a set of rings and jewelry he was working on, a few molds to put to the test. A solid way to spend his day off.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Baron's Hed was an interesting place. The city as it were, nestled within the heart of the Sullustan moon boasted of activity. Despite the time she had spent on Sullust, the blonde had yet to allocate time enough to visit Sulon. Time, as it were, became a commodity that Jamie had found herself lacking, more so as the recently crowned queen of her people. This trip, as it were, was strictly off the record. Jedi business, sort of, though one could potentially argue that it was partly personal curiosity that beckoned the girl to this particular region of space. Sight seeing and historical archiving, as much as Jamie enjoyed it, wasn't actually the goal this time around. Rather, whispers of a boutique, one inclined towards the Force, and the light side for that matter in particular, reached the ears of Queen Pyne.

The woman had an affinity for indulging in quirky Force artifacts, having begun to acquire a small collection herself from various regions of space. So when the potential existence of another on Sulon had been raised to her attention, it was her determination to find some means of making the trip. Being so close to Naboo, the trip to and from Sulon would be short, more than enough time to investigate the potential information and return before she would be needed for any matters of importance. Her council of advisors were more than equipped to handle the day-to-day goings on, as she had been in that very role just months before.

Having landed and departed the space port, Jamie wandered about the market and industrial centers for what seemed like hours on end. There was plenty to see, shops that she would likely have otherwise spent time in, had she not been so focused on looking for one in particular. With little to go on other than its' rumored existence, Jamie wasn't entirely certain as to what type of shop to be looking for. The blonde poked her head into several along the way, assuming that perhaps this artifact forge was something of a secretive back room operation. Though why it would be hidden on the moon of the Alliance capital world she could hardly guess. Some people just like anonymity.

Finally Jamie stumbled upon what looked to be an old industrial factory of sorts. The smell of various chemicals, intense head and the relatively plain look of the building gave her hope that this was the place she was looking for. As she meandered inside a warm, though rather off-putting smile made its' mark on an old woman's face, hunched forward as hands placed onto the countertop between she and Jamie.

"Good morning!" Her voice came as bright as a Sun.

[member="Gabriel Sionoma"]

Elzeban took a moment to not acknowledge the young girl. Instead, as her nose was a few inches from the wooden countertop, she pressed the loupe against her right eye. Below her, several precious stones were littered about and being consolidated into various piles with a metal rod. Of course, these were just simple stones and of no value beyond credit exchange.

"Is it?" The woman looked up, her brow and cheek scrunched to allow the loupe to stay in place. A golden bull ring shined in the distance light through the semi-transparent red and bronze canopy, hanging freely from the septum of her small nose. The lobes of her ears hung low, weighted by platinum and silver rings that jingled as she jostled and moved. Of course, her movement was slow and particular, easily giving rise to suspicion that she might move a good deal slower than actually capable. Eyes of grey hung skeptical beneath bushy brows of white, a long mane of white and wiry hair framed the contours of her face, depressed beneath a hood of violet.

She knew everyone in Baron's Hed. But she didn't know this girl.

"You lookin' for something?" She lifted a ceramic cup to her lips, the Ankarres Mead flowing freely despite the early hour.

In the back, the sound of a hammer smacking an anvil filled the stagnant wind. It was dry on Sulon, particularly so following excessive rain events where the machines below the surface worked ten fold to store the moisture. Heat seemed to flow freely from the store, as did a certain potency in the force. In its own way, it felt forged within the bazaar, openly manipulated and focused for specific effect. Here and across to the Homestead, it was sought as a soothing and comforting ally, giving way to a certain tranquility. Despite the hustle and bustle that might overtake a dusty Baron's Hed come high noon, serenity hung like a refreshing mist in an otherwise desiccated environment.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Several moments passed, silence lingering in the air like a small fog that the young Jedi aimed to pierce. Is it? "One would make it, if they wish." She finally remarked. The day was what you made of it, that was something her father had always told her. Often times she believed those words were nothing more than lip service to people enduring a rather unpleasant moment in their life. More and more however she had come to realize that those words were spoken in wisdom.

"I am, actually." What she was looking for though she hadn't the faintest idea. "I think, anyway." Her teeth pinned her bottom lip between one another, azure eyes searching about for anything that might actually be for sale. It was somewhat difficult to discern, given the oddity of such places as this. Typical shops had their wares openly on display, through glass cases with clear indications of price and purpose. Forges and boutiques specializing in the Force, and artifacts of the Force? Those were generally much more subtle, and could be mistaken for commonplace things such as a small glass orb, or a chip of a rock, or even a necklace.

Rumors had brought her here, rumors that this was one of those oddity shops. What she was after in particular though? That was anyone's guess.

"Few places in the galaxy are quite like this." She said, gesturing about the expanse of the room. "I enjoy seeing what's out there, especially when it feels as welcoming as this here."

"Well aren't you a spunky one!" It may have been apparent that she wasn't so much as bitter as she was jealous. She was far far older than the woman who stood before her, at least physically, and the vigor of youth had long left her. In its stead, an old toothy curmudgeon who enjoyed taunting easy targets remained. Whether this was an easy target, that remained to be seen. "I'll agree with you on that...not many places like this. Not unless you visit old swamp worlds. Ain't that right?!?" She nearly screamed as she looked over her shoulder through an open door, now concealed by a blanket of black curtains.

"I said...ain't that right!?!"

The hammering stopped and the curtains parted to reveal a relatively stocky figure. A beard sat under his mouth and unkempt, patches of grey now dyed by the black of soot. While his skin was tanned, it was now darkened with the residue of the forge. His eyes were hidden beneath bronze goggles strapped by thin leather, chest covered in an apron of hide and battlescared skin covered in tattoos. He looked towards the old woman and pointed at the cup. "I swear I'm gonna take that away from you..."

"You've got a gueeessst..." She said, ever so sweetly as she cradled the wooden cup. Gabe looked over and pulled the goggles up on to his forward.

"Oh."

He patted his hands, smearing black and grease across his apron. He laughed and scratched his nose. "Sorry, you've caught me a bit off guard. Things don't get all too lively around here until the noon day sun has passed. How can we help you?"

He looked towards Elz and glared. "Help. You got that? It's a word."

"Yeah yeah, dat's what they say." She waved as she went back to dabbling with her crystals.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

A helpless smirk formed at the corners of her lips, teeth releasing the formerly pinned lip. The mention of old swamp worlds seemed to resonate with her in a particular type of way, though she did her best not to openly admit that one of those old swamp worlds was her birthplace, though perhaps not the actual swamps themselves. The blonde had become rather cautious as of late with regard to the amount of information she gave away freely to others. A lesson well learned back on Mustafar. Still, if one were to recognize her, be it for her noble heritage, unique accent, one of the several occasions her face painted the galactic HoloNet, or those keeping up with the monarchy of one swamp world in particular, there was little Jamie could do to hide certain aspects of herself.

The banter between the old woman and what appeared to be the smith forced the girl on the opposite side of the counter to maintain the smirk she wore, even as the rather large man greeted her. For half a moment Jamie considered what role the old woman actually played there, if the smith was both the artisan behind the work and the counter help. Not that it was any of her business, but she was in fact curious.

"My apologies, Sir." A small tilt of her head followed before she continued. "If I've interrupted I can always return at a better time." After all, she didn't even know what she was looking for, or if there was anything for her. A hand raised to conceal the widening smile and near laughter that the continued berating of the old woman brought on. It was a struggle, one she threatened to lose if it kept up. "I was just curious what it was that you sold here. Rumors tend to spread, but what I felt when I entered seemed to confirm rumor into fact."

He held up his gloved hand. "Start calling me sir and people might start paying attention. Can't have that." He looked towards the old woman who was busy trying to hide a giggle not unlike the woman who stood on the opposite side of the counter. Gabe merely retracted his hand as he lifted the flip top counter and proceeded into the small store front. "Gabe will do."

He already had enough scrutiny given his position with the Law Enforcement and the Galactic Alliance. This was his hobby, more than anything else, and he'd like to try and keep it that way. "And you haven't interrupted anything beyond some mild tinkering. And a slight wind is just as capable of that...so no foul." He stated nonchalantly as he turned to the young woman, still not sure what exactly she was doing there. But given his affinity for reflection and sensing, he could easily make out her aura. Which wasn't surprising, given how deeply nested Sulon was in Galactic Alliance territory. If he was selling items out of the shop in the swamp waters of Annaj, then that assumption would have been entirely unreasonable.

"Now, for the matter of my wares..."

"Our wares." The old gypsy perked up and Gabe returned with a sigh and reluctant acquiescence.

"Our wares...we sell very little here, I'm afraid." It was a trick reply, meant to gauge reaction, as Sulon often relied heavily upon a different system of currency. "We are far more likely for exchange when given the chance to trade and barter." He was far from being a native but he took to their practices as his own. He turned a gloved hand towards the near empty shelf space, littered with random baubles and objects of little import. "As you can see, we don't deal in wholesale. Ours is a more...custom response. Tell me..." He crossed his arms, thickened by the weight of a hammer. "Are you a member of the Alliance or are you simply visiting this neck of the woods?"

At one time, his finger lied on the pulse of the Alliance and its members. But as time went on, he took on a life more closely resembling that of a hermit.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

The hand covering the young queen's face fell from where it had been held with a simple nod. Instead, despite the man's rather filthy hands, gloved or not, she extended her right in offering. She had learned that some areas of the galaxy preferred a hand shake to a bow, and Gabe seemed a far less formal man than what she would encounter back home on Naboo. Careful not to offend she acknowledged the given name. "Very well, Gabe. It's a pleasure to meet you." Rosy cheeks puffed with the growing smile, though this time not out of laughter. "And I'm Jamie." There was a very sincere and likely visible inner struggle, the deeply ingrained habit of referring to herself in entirety; First and surname, noble house and newly elected monarch all being repressed despite her tongues deepest desire to produce it in full. It was as normal to her to recite as it was for another person to breathe. From the age she had learned to speak both native and basic languages she had been groomed in a very particular manner. Breaking that habit would take an immense amount of time and effort that she did not currently possess.

A momentary gaze of confusion would pass over the expression of the blonde at the mention of having little to sell, that same lip finding itself pinned once more between two rows of pristine white teeth. It was a bit of a curve ball, as the other artifacts she had come into possession of were simply purchased with credits. Granted, credits were something she was in no shortage of, and spent on a whim. To be told that credits weren't the preferred method of transaction was a bit of a shock to the girl. The idea of trading was unexpected. She didn't quite have much with her to trade, as the intent hadn't been that of bartering. In fact, she'd never traded for something she wanted throughout her entire life. Business had always been conducted by way of credits.

"I see." She said quietly, eyes still hopping from shelf to shelf, before returning focus to Gabe.

The question he posed to her was a bit of a tricky one to answer, given her position. Her answer would immediately give away who she was, though lying to the man would almost certainly end the discussion on a bad note, given her ineptitude for lying at all to begin with. An average child could generally figure out when she was trying to tell a lie, so it rarely was worth the effort to speak anything but earnestly. If nothing else, she could rest easily knowing she always spoke the truth.

"I am both, and I am neither." Surely that would require elaboration.

"My full name is Jamie Pyne, present Queen of Naboo, as well as Jedi Knight, former Padawan to Aela Talith of the New Jedi Order."

"Queen of Naboo Jamie Pyne...trained by Aela Talith, Jedi Marshal of the Galactic Alliance..." He paused after pulling his hand back from the shake. She had the look of royalty, he would admit that, but not in a negative light that might sometimes imply. The sort of air that gave the impression of culture, far beyond what he exuded. As to say, he set a very low bar in that regard. Of course, he was happy to avoid the conversation of his rank both here and in the alliance so he skipped right along in the conversation.

"Former Padawan...which either means you gave it up or you progressed to Knight. You don't seem the type to give up, if you don't mind me saying." He was skipping happily from conclusion to conclusion, relying thoroughly on his own abilities and natural investigative intuition. He rung his hands at his own declaration, caught at an odd stop and wondering where he was going with this. He hadn't quite sorted out the process for sale and trading, though he was quick to pick up the impression of anxiety regarding that comment. He wasn't often so quick to pick up feelings and it suddenly dawned on him that he was amidst the process of imbuement when she arrived. He was likely still tethered to the notions of inner and outward reflection.

"The Galactic Alliance was recently attacked by the First Order on Barkhesh, Rutan...Mustafar." He looked over to the Gypsy as she tossed him a rag. His demeanor took on one of seriousness as the subject moved forward, poking and prodding to understand what drew her here. What she was looking for and what she would find would likely vary greatly. "Were you there? Did you engage in that dispute?"

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Hearing others refer to her as queen still gave off an air of awkwardness. Given her lacking desire to have taken the role, and no goals to ascend the throne, save for a few passing early childhood starry-eyed dreams that every young girl once had. When it had become a reality it was far less a glamorous occasion, one brought on by surprise, rather than her own intentions. Her election had been decided almost before she knew she was in the running. Strange twists of fate the galaxy would occasionally throw its' inhabitants. "Knighted, by her decree." Jamie nodded in affirmation. The man's affinity for connecting the pieces whilst flattering her modest ego flared a small hue of red in her otherwise pale cheeks.

The attacks orchestrated by the First Order were widespread, something she hadn't learned about until she had escaped her captor. Back then, her knowledge of the attacks were limited to Mustafar, when Castor, his fellow Knights of Ren, and the First Order's military descended upon the world. Unfortunately for her, she'd been wholly unprepared for a conflict such as that.

"I was on Mustafar when they attacked." Her left hand shifted, taking hold of her right arm, her right hand mirroring the action with her left arm. "I was part of a research team stationed at an ancient castle, tasked with collecting samples and data of the structure. We were several days into our expedition when they arrived." Jamie pulled her left hand away, raising it and fingering through the drastically shortened locks of gold hair that she had been left with as a token reminder of that event. "We weren't prepared. My team disappeared. One of their self proclaimed Knights of Ren attacked me. I'd seen him once before back on Lothal months prior, attempting to steal crystals from one of the caves. And although he escaped empty handed back then, on Mustafar he beat me, took my lightsaber, and took me prisoner."

"Hmm..." It was the only initial reply he could offer, rubbing his hands with the dry rag. Frayed and split at the ends, it showed the same wear and tear he wore openly beneath the hide apron. He thought of her answer and scratched the center of the top of his lip, ruffling the short mustache that seemed to itch. "Mustafar. Omai spoke to me at length of the effort that was spent at the Castle and the Mining Facility..." He frowned as he realized all the things she had lost. The fight, her weapon, even her freedom. Though she now stood without the clank of cuffs, happily moving through the streets of Baron's Hed. Either imprisonment had gone better then she expected, or she hid her wounds well.

"We put a lot of ourselves into our attachments. A Jedi, more than most darksiders, forms a relationship with their lightsaber. It is...no small thing to have it taken." He watched quietly as she moved to run fingers through shortened locks of gold, taking notice of the band on her wrist. He, in his own way, mourned his inability to partake in the defense. There was wounds that he still tended, resulting from enlarged ego and exertion of purpose, that kept him grounded on the moon that revolved around Sullust. "Did you have that band when you fought this Knight...may I hold it?"

"You trying to steal from the poor girl!?!" Elzeban chimed in, well aware of his reasoning for wanting to lay hands on a personal trinket. There was something in his blood, she knew it to be true, even if he rarely spoke of his heritage.

"Of course not..." He looked from the old woman back to Jamie. "I am a man of the trade. I appreciate quality through weight and touch. Besides, I suspect it will guide me in discovering what underlying force brought you to my shop."

"Our shop!"

"Our shop..." He held out his hand, warm and absent aggression. "I just need it for a moment."

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"It was quite precious to me. I'm disappointed to think of what will become of it in his hands." Whether or not it became a personal trophy or modified hardly mattered to Jamie. It was equally frustrating regardless of its' fate. That blade was hers, and now it was stolen. Coupled with the fact that it was by her own blade that Castor had given her that improvised haircut made it all the worse in Jamie's eyes. "Perhaps if I was better prepared things would have been different. But that is neither here nor there. What's done is done." That was the only way the woman could rationalize what had happened. Dwelling on the facts as they were only brought back sour memories.

Blue eyes floated to the band that Gabe had made mention of. Her hand fell from the hair atop her head to just in front of her person, turning her wrist over to the side with the small clasp. As she did the small loosely fitted band slid partway down until it halted at the base of her hand. Jamie lifted her head to look at the man inquiring about the small piece of jewelry. "I did, yes. I don't think he knew what its' purpose was, lest he would have taken it as well I suspect."

Or perhaps he simply found it insignificant enough to trouble himself with. Regardless, he made no attempt to remove it from her.

With her opposite hand she lightly released the clip, allowing the band itself to fall into her hand. There was a small pause of hesitation, eyes settling in her palm, as if she were about to hand the man a piece of her soul that she might never recover, similar to the lightsaber she now missed. With a nod she convinced herself that it would be alright and placed the band into Gabe's hand, her own two falling just in front of her, clasped together. Jamie passed her gaze from Gabe to Elzeban, and then back again, though she remained quiet and observing.

Her hesitation was as clear as day. That was good, value in the trinket would improve the consistency of his ability. As she handed him the band, he took it in both hands, cupping calloused fingers around to enshrine it. He took a deep breath as Elzeban peered over the counter top. In his minds eye, he could see the incident, the castle on mustafar and the fight that ensued. He closed his eyes.

"The imbuing of this band is subtle, elegant...even." He said with a smile, albeit feint and burdened with the impending emotions of the memories to which he conjured. He sought the item for its memories, though the force entwined within the metal was a pleasant surprise. "An explosion tore your world open. Beneath the shadow of the Sith's Castle, you took to the library..." He could smell the varnish, the parchment, and the sound of crinkled papers that fluttered in the ash ridden gust that followed the grenade. "Yours was a battle of the heart as much as the saber. Words of ideology, spoken amidst the clash of beams. Yours...was...Kasha." He nodded as he opened his eyes. "I often use their fragments in the rings and jewelry I craft. It's hum and vibrancy is unique."

Clutching the band in his hand, it outstretched to offer it back. "Even after he defeated you, he took your hair with your own lightsaber. Antiquated insult, before ferrying you away. His tone..." He could picture the man, the one who took to the Ren beneath the name of Castor. He looked away, towards the dusty steps of Barron's Hed and the thoroughfare he had come to know. "Self righteous, condescending, and cold. As if he afforded favor...Were you right...was he truly a Sith all along or was there redeeming quality in his taking title of Ren?" He narrowed his eyes, the heat of Mustafar and Vader's castle still warm against his skin. Shaking his head, he offered the item back. "Don't answer that. I will know, soon enough."

Flipping the countertop back up with a slap, he took another breath before passing beyond the threshold. "I have what you need. Follow me into the forge and we will get to it." It may have become apparent that he was angry. Perhaps for her, perhaps for himself. There was an engagement that he had long avoided and felt its calling ever at the forefront of his mind. He would not let the Ren get away with the treachery of their actions.

As the metal door swung open, the temperature change was obvious. The room was darkened, lit by the forge, and littered with would-be relics. Rings of various metals strung across dowel, lightsaber hilts hanging from the wall, and half completed armor on mannequins. Odd jewelry, ranging from pendants to watches, littered the work benches. As he moved through, he would motion for her to take a seat at one of the workbenches. And he would taken the opportunity to ruffle through a haggard looking chest, unfolding linens as he rummaged around.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Jamie stood in silent awe as Gabe relived the memories of that encounter with great detail, recanting to her act by act what had transpired on Mustafar, within Vader's Castle. The injuries she'd sustained, the words they exchanged, the subsequent loss of both hair and saber, as well as the battle itself. She watched as his eyes rapidly shifted behind closed lids, as if seeing what she had seen through the band she had worn that day. It was something unlike anything else she'd ever seen before. How exactly he was seeing the past was something of a mystery to her, but as he spoke she felt the familiar wave of horripilation over her skin, leaving with it a trail of bumps along her arms.

When again he handed the band back Jamie nodded with a small smile of appreciation. Placed back on her person she flinched at the sound of the countertop colliding with itself from the force of the man's hand as he beckoned her to follow. Gabe claimed to have what she was looking for, though what exactly that was she was still unsure of herself. Was there something locked away in the memory of her exchange with the Ren that drew this revelation into focus? Had she missed something that may have given wind to what she was after during their exchange? Feeling it was an inappropriate time to ask the man questions she simply followed, placing the countertop back down as gently as a newborn before giving Elzeban a gratuitous nod.

As the door opened the blonde could immediately feel the drastic switch in temperature. It was almost like being back on Mustafar, though perhaps not quite as hostile. The air she breathed in was dry, stale, and oppressive. For a moment she wondered how anyone could possibly work in a place such as this. The dimly lit area afforded her a brief look around, shadows of various shapes and the simple reflection of light off of a few items that seemed to be frozen in time. Many items appeared to be works half finished, long since abandoned in favor of others. The Force felt heavy, clearly the source of what she had felt earlier as she approached the shop from outside.

Jamie sat as she was directed, her body half turned to watch Gabe rummage through his collection of materials within the trunk. "That's quite the talent you've got, seeing the past like that."

He took moment to pause as his hands made idle way though the chest. "A gift..." He looked towards Jamie, the slightest hint of a smile in the low light of the forge. "From my mothers tribe." Turning back to the task at hand, he continued. Of course, he was referring to the rare genetic trait that gave few Kiffar the ability to muster the benefits of psychometry. In his own way, he suspected that it helped in enhancing his sensing abilities. Which, in turn, gave boon where imbuing items were concerned. He had taken to Jal Shey practices with relative ease, despite the setbacks of his past. He had never truly known his mother but for the time they spent together, before she was shipped off of Arkania, he grew to appreciate the nearly emotion free warmth she offered. And the brief teachings of the Jedi way.

Stopping, he pulled a knapsack from the confines of the chest. After throwing everything else back in, he closed the chest with the sound of a wooden moan, before taking a seat next the Jedi Knight. Scooting up next to her, on a wooden stool that was caked with slag and various specks of paint, he placed the bundle on the table, caged between his two hands. "Forewarning. If you take this item to Mustafar or any other planet of similar temperature...it will forever change."

Untying the knot, the cloth unraveled to lay bare four crystals. Each seemed to pulsate with a certain likeness of the force, forever attuned to the lightside of the force. "In fact, the fires of this forge threaten to do just that..." He stated, looking at the deep blue crystal to the far right. Leaning back, he reached out with the force and adjusted the knob on the forge. The temperature drastically cooled as air was vented from the room. What was left were three other stones. One the same tint as a bright sun, one an in-between of mint and forest, and one the color of a bright blue sky. In the depths of each stone, a small ember burned with expectation of attachment. Gripping the cloth by the edges, he leaned over and scooted the pile in front of Jamie. Once properly positioned, he leaned back and crossed his arms.

"Tell me, Jamie Pyne, Queen of Naboo..." He looked to the stones. "Which one of these...calls to you?"

There was no verifiable difference between each stone, except for color. Though the calling didn't stack, he assumed every Jedi had a preference. Whether that be by nature of personality or nature of responsibilities, it was hard to say. As he had often said in his life, despite the title of Jedi Marshal, he was no Jedi.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Seemingly as soon as Gabe lifted the heavy lid to the chest Jamie could feel steady pulses in the Force coming from within. A feeling of radiant light, warmth and serenity permeated from the small bundle that the man had taken from within. Careful eyes watched as he sat back down beside her, the brief explanation of his ability seeming to sate her curiosity. It was something she would never have the grasp of, but could appreciate in another. Jedi as she were, a great many talents were simply out of reach. Jamie was far from the strongest, or most talented, or fastest learner when it came to the Force. That she was okay with. Being the best she could be was what mattered. There was no desire there to become the best, or the strongest Jedi, one to be remembered in the ages to come, long after her passing.

A slow nod followed Gabe's warning, though what exactly he meant by such a permanent change she wasn't certain. Jamie's attention shifted to the crystals as they were uncovered in front of her. Each one was similar in size and shape, but accounting for those two things, each of them were vastly different from their counterparts in every other way to Jamie, even if Gabe didn't believe so. From the sparkling blue to her left, the soft green, and the vibrant yellow, each carried its' own personality of sorts. Immediately the girl felt herself inclined towards the latter, reminding her of her home and former weapon. Her hand instinctively outstretched towards that crystal, gently lifting it from the table to examine it more closely.

Warm to the touch, despite the much cooler ambient temperature now in the forge, it seemed that for a moment the blonde was captivated by the small rock. It was hardly a decision to make, for without much further review she simply looked to Gabe, the crystal pinched between index finger and thumb. "This one." The two words were spoken without hesitation or reconsideration.

"It feels familiar, similar to its' predecessor, as though I somehow already recognized it."

Hmph. He was more for oranges and greens and blues. Yellow never suited him all that much so when someone chose it, it only sparked interest. The sort that would be quietly nestled away, perhaps for a discussion at a later date. "Very good. Though I should have warned you..." He pointed at the object in her hand. "Without a mind towards shielding your aura, an immediate touch binds you to the stone. It is now useless..." He pulled the corners of the cloth back around the remaining stones. "...for anyone but you."

He bundled the stones back up and quickly sauntered back over the chest. Closing the box, he rubbed his hands together, as if cold, before turning back to the Queen of Naboo. Crossing his arms, he smiled as he took in a long breath of the forge. Even without it burning, the taste of soot and metal was thick in his nostrils.

"Now you have me without any form of weight for bartering..." He held out an open hand. "I can no longer trade that to anyone, which significantly reduces its value. I mean...I'm not sure I could get anything for the stone as it is now." Scratching his beard, he looked up towards the ceiling, as if searching for a solution he already conjured. "How about...I trade it to you. For past and future service to the Galactic Alliance?"

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Jamie's eyes fluttered downwards to the crystal in her palm, filled with wonderment. The girl sat quietly, pondering the words of the man. It was a curious thing that the simple looking rock was now somehow bound to her very person. Has it chosen me, rather than I it? Teeth pinned her lip just inside her mouth, a small slant appearing at the corner of her mouth. "I see." She mumbled the acknowledgement while Gabe quickly collected the remaining stones, as if subconsciously worried that she might accidentally lay hands on those that remained and render them without further value to credit or barter.

The young queen couldn't help but wonder though, if that had been a part of his plan all along. Unbeknownst to her Jamie had registered a bond to the crystal, and by extension, Gabriel. Still, his request was not one of extraordinary imbalance. While she was weary of owing loyalty to entities external to Naboo, the Galactic Alliance had done right by her people, aided her expeditions, and provided security when requested. In turn, this was something she could do. Her obligations would always lie chiefly with Naboo, but where she could lend aide, where it did not interfere with her duty to her people, she would lend her abilities.

"You have a deal." Releasing the lip from its' subdued state she perked a smile, taking Gabe's open hand in a small shake, signifying her acceptance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom