Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Cry from the Cold

Vero Kene

V

blacksun_spacer1.png

Art-suite-Dancers-in-the-dark-ICEHOTEL-photo-asaf-kliger.jpg

The galaxy was teeming with different worlds that catered to just about every pleasure a being could pay for, from lush, tropical resort worlds to dens of just about every vice that has ever existed in Galatic history. But one look at Naos III from orbit might just be enough to have any normal being heading right back to wherever they came from and who could blame them? An icy moon that had a sliver of land that you could actually inhabit without freezing to death in seconds? Practically zero exports aside from some sort of fish? Not exactly what folks have in mind when they want to spend some hard-earned credits. While this world might have been important hundreds of years ago during the Clone Wars, it's been all but forgotten by the rest of the galaxy, and most of the creatures who still remain enjoy quiet, frozen lives.

But what most normal beings fail to see is that Naos III has a hidden treasure, a treasure so rare that beings will spend every credit they have to possess for even a few minutes.

Lethan Twi'leks

Even more beautiful than those found anywhere else in the galaxy, these red-skinned Twi'lkes are a rare find just about everywhere in the galaxy, except of course for this frozen moon that has been long abandoned because it couldn't provide materials for the next wannabe tyrants attempt at galactic conquest. But for those who dream of wealth, this was an untapped reservoir of credits that would only keep coming, especially if one could actually manage to monopolize the moon for their own gain. But why own the moon when you could own the most primo hotel on the world that just so happened to employ a large number of these special Twi'leks?

Slavery? Of course not! This is absolutely above board, just ask the new owner! Never mind you that the "Pale Butcher" with previous convictions for slaving in several systems around the galaxy is now running the show with a gang of alien enforcers who just so happen to be heavily armed. Just keep your eyes on the merchandise and enjoy your stay!

blacksun_spacer1.png

Objective I: Grand Opening!
For those looking for a good time and to rub shoulders with beings who might just have some criminal connections, enjoy your stay! Just make sure you have plenty of credits, you really don't want to end up naked and forced to wander the freezing surface. But that would never happen, right? Everyone is going to have a good time and the party host is going to show off and prove to a certain criminal organization that it might be a perfect time for a promotion!

For: criminals and other scum who are looking to have a good time, mingle, and maybe settle a few old grudges.

blacksun_spacer1.png

Objective II: Behind Closed Doors
Alright now, maybe this place isn't exactly as "legal" and some beings might take issue with what's going on here. In this den of villains and criminals, maybe there are a few good people who are looking to make things better for the people on Naos III and want to shut the hotel down for good. If you really want to go through with this, you're going to have to be a decent actor and pretend you aren't disgusted by what's going on and try and find some dirt on the owner and prove that there is something dark lurking below the hotel's icy, polished surface.

For: various do-gooders who would rather not see an entire world in the hands of a slaver

blacksun_spacer1.png

Objective III: Introduce a Little Chaos
Everyone has their own idea of what is "fun", maybe the hotel just ain't your style. Regardless, the hotel has drawn all sorts of attention to the moon so who isn't to say there isn't something waiting for you out in the frozen wasteland or in one of the scattered villages? Still, watch out for the gangsters who are scouting for new "talent" for the hotel's staff, they can be a little pushy at times.

For: anyone who wants to have some fun outside the hotel's walls, you make the rules here!

blacksun_spacer1.png

Thanks for reading this far! While there is a main story here, you are by no means bound to it. If any of this sounds interesting to you, feel free to hop in and start writing! If you want to ask a question or make a suggestion, do not hesitate to shoot me a PM!

Devil In A Tight Dress

Parvati's head cocked back as she lifted it from the ceramic plate on the table in front of her. She took a deep breath in through her nose, one hand over one nostril as she exhaled through her mouth. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head a little bit before she regained her composure. "I thought you said this was supposed to be real?" She responded sarcastically as her narrow fingers pushed the plate across the table and back to the Rodian seated across from her. She wasn't an expert on Rodian facial expressions, but she could tell the one he was making was not kind. The drug dealer had asked to meet on the icy planet to discuss becoming Parvati's newest connection for spice in this section of the galaxy. His product, however, was not up to snuff.

The Rodian said something in his native language, one which Parvati didn't speak but was able to pick up the tone. She didn't really care however, seeing as the bitter taste of the drugs was slowly dripping down the back of her sinuses. She matched the Rodian's disgusted look with one of her own. She was done here, with the deal, and with him. She stood up, tucking her chair back in before grabbing her fur coat, tossing it over her lined leather jumpsuit, and turning around. "You don't get to leave, heifer." The Rodian barked at Parvati, his ugly little fingers pointed directly at her. Who called anyone a heifer? She was almost amused at the little man's confidence.

Normally, she would have killed him on the spot, painting the wall behind him with his own guts and blood. She was a Vigo now, responsible for the reputation of the Black Sun Syndicate. That meant she had to be a little more subtle, not that they would have cared, but because it was bad business to be seen killing suppliers, as it would make the others hide from you. She was here because of business, so she would treat it as a transaction. She slowly turned around, lowering the hood of her coat to her shoulders. Her umber gaze locked onto the beady little eyes of the Rodian. She wouldn't blink the whole time she was leaning closer and closer to him.

"Listen to me, you little prick." She spat venom with every syllable, "I'm a Vigo in the god damned syndicate." Her fists slammed on the table, shaking the remaining product that was laid out on the plate between the two of them. "If I brought this back with me I'd kill myself from embarrassment." Her breath was hot with rage as she leaned all the way over the table, her face only inches away from the Rodian's. "You ever try to waste my time like this again and you'll have to worry about more than a broken nose." She finally blinked, and gave a small smile. She could see the confusion in the Rodian's face. What broken no-

She took one of her fists and extended it fully, grabbing the back of the Rodian's head and sending his stupid little face hurdling toward the plate of spice below him. There was a loud crack, and a pained moan before the drug dealer slumped toward the ground, the ceramic plate cutting his face and leaving some blood on the table. She gave her coat a once over to make sure he didn't get any on it. She took a prolonged breath before turning on her heel and extending her hood over her head once more. "Clean this up." She motioned generally at the room around her. "Then meet me back in the club. I'm here to meet another friend..." The droid next to the door started moving behind Parvati and gathering the Rodian's body and setting it back up in the seat before cleaning up the broken ceramic pieces. He'd wake up in a few minutes and be fine, and hopefully never run into Parvati again.

The mistress then took off toward the main area of the bar. She was here to make connections for spice, yes, but also to support a fellow member of the Black Sun, Vero Kene. Her footfalls echoed in the hallways leading from the private room she left the Rodian in, this area of the hotel being a more intimate setting, away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the club. It wasn't long until she reached the main bar, the sound of the people chatting and general bar ruckus getting louder and louder. Being back in the public eye, Parvati decided to blend in, or as much as she could given her notoriety and position.

"Two fingers of whiskey." The bartender nodded and went to making her drink.

Shoda Teshima

S
"Do you see her?"

"Not Yet."

Shoda stood in a nearby corner of the hotel, the place was a bustling activity of behavior all around. It was a miracle in of itself that such a tropical area could have such a nice place, far reaches and with gorgeous women all around. If only most...if not all the denizens knew the backstory to the place. Left hand in his overlarge trench coat, he raised up with his right hand a rather pricey thirty credit dirty martini to sip on. Place seemed to be rather...well, risqué in some aspects.

Closing his eyes, he took another long sip of the rather well made martini and listened in towards his surroundings. The wireless communications package spoke into his own brain, whispering back in a small conversation as he savored the flavor.

"She must be busy. I have to be patient."

"The more suffer-"

"It becomes more if I have to fight my way out. I will do as I must but you have to let me work."

The communication went silent as the martini was placed onto the counter nearby when he noticed a particular red twi'lek appear. Letting his eyes focus for a moment, he literally looked her over like a piece of candy. While he would look...rather leecherous, it was not being that way on purpose, it was to give the person seeing through his eyes a better look.

"That's her. Drag her out!"

"Not that simple...multiple variables still unsolved, including methods of execution or subduement if even attempting to leave. Just let me worry abou-"

A voice broke out from nearby, his eyes shifting quickly towards a human right nearby. Some...female, ordering two fingers of whisky. Something about her made him very...unnerved. The Cyborg should not be staring, but he did as he registered her body type, unusual features from this side and facials. This was someone...to avoid. Before anything else could occur, a patron got between them in the busy crowd of a room and at that moment, he let himself shimmered into a cloaked status, becoming almost invisible to the naked eye. When the person would move, Shoda would be gone.

He really...really did not need to know what the person could do. It was time to do his job and get out of there...now.

Parvati Parvati Vero Kene

Repulsive.

If Zengel Felgreen had to choose one word to sum this place up, it would be repulsive. It was a hotbed of unsavory indulgence and blatant disregard for the law. It was a shame that his mission wasn’t to simply torch this place to the ground. He would have gladly done so.

Felgreen’s goal here was to assassinate a corrupt banker who had a long record of bribing public officials. Judging by the information he had about him, the task would almost be boring. The banker was an aging Muun, and for all intents and purposes a cowardly fool. Felgreen almost wondered if he would be better off going after somebody else, but he would never question his superior’s orders.

Until his target appeared, Felgreen would sit at a table, not far from the hotel’s bar. From what he had heard, his target loved alcohol, and would likely head straight to the bar once he arrived. Felgreen took careful note of the people already sitting at the bar. He noticed a human woman, and a man who seemed human-like. Between them was an empty seat. Before too long, the banker sat down in the empty seat. Interestingly, the seat that had previously been occupied by the human-like man was unoccupied, despite the fact that Felgreen had not seen the man actually get up and walk away.

Felgreen had more important things to worry about than where this strange man was. What mattered was that his seat was empty. Felgreen quickly took the seat for himself, and engaged the banker in conversation.
“So, what do you think about the drinks here?” Felgreen asked, adopting a friendly and non-threatening voice. “Not good. Especially not this cheap excuse for whiskey they’re peddling. You’d get a better drink out of a septic tank.” the banker responded in his nasal and raspy voice.

Felgreen laughed as if the banker had just told him the funniest joke he had ever heard in his life. It wasn’t, but he had to keep up appearances until the time was right. Unknown to both Felgreen and the banker, the owner of the brand of whisky they were badmouthing was sitting right next to them.

Last edited:
Devil In A Tight Dress

It didn't take long for the bartender to return with Parvati's drink. The sienna colored liquor was placed before her, the bartender sliding the short whiskey glass across the bar. She gave a nod to him before taking her first sip of the drink. The warm whiskey burned her taste buds a bit before going down smoothly. She had been on Kwenn Station so much the last few weeks getting the finishing touches on her new club just right that she hadn't had a night to just enjoy herself in so long. She let out a deep breath with her second drink, feeling the stress of that worthless Rodian slide off of her. She could now focus on far more important things- like celebrating her friend.

With the newfound comfort, Parvati decided to slip off her fur coat , hanging it over the side of the chair next to her. She noticed a man standing near her, he was a handsome looking gentleman who was making eyes at her. The mistress wasn't sure at first if the looks were of lust or of fear, something she enjoyed when getting attention from strange men. She gave him a slight smile before turning back around to face the bar. She wasn't drunk enough yet to deal with random men again, she hadn't shaken all the stress quite yet. With that she downed the rest of her whiskey, placing the empty glass on the bar. The woman looked around to grab the attention of the bartender again, and that's when she noticed the figure eyeing her a moment earlier had disappeared. She took note of this, she'd have to keep an eye out for him in-case he worked for any of the governments or crime families who had it out for Parvati.

Before she could wave the bartender down again, another man had taken a seat next to her. This time she was kept company by an older man, a Muun from the looks of it. She didn't pay too much attention to him, nor to the shadow of a man who crept up beside him. Parvati instead focused on getting herself another drink. "Give me another glass of whiskey, and two shots of whatever rum you have." The mistress used her charm to ensure the bartender was listening to her. He politely nodded to her and went about making her order. While she was waiting for the next round, she overheard the men talking. Her ears really perked up when the older man was talking about his drink. She could tell is was House of Parvati whiskey from the color of the alcohol. She couldn't tell, however, which brand of Parvati whiskey it was. It was interesting, hearing someone talk about something you made in a negative way. She hadn't experienced it much in her life. She was also unsure if maybe this was because people were afraid of her.

Before she could speak up to the man, the bartender returned with her drinks. He placed the glass of whiskey in front of her with the two shots of rum flanking it. "How will you be paying tonight, Ms. Parvati?" The bartender asked, leaning over the bar to receive her form of payment. The mistress took the two shots in her hands, downed both of them, and then put the empty shot glasses back on the bar. "The kind gentleman to my left has offered to pay for all of my drinks this evening." With a smile to the bartender and to the Muun, she grabbed her fur coat and placed it over her arm. With her free hand she picked up her new glass of whiskey. Parvati didn't want to deal with critics, or strangers. She felt far too exposed at the bar, so now that she was able to get a little bit of a buzz, she would need to find an advantageous spot to get a good layout of the hotel. She would need a place to rendezvous with her droid as well, who should have been finishing up soon.

Zengel Felgreen Zengel Felgreen Vero Kene Shoda Teshima

Vero Kene

V

Quietly, the Umbaran watched the monitors before him. Naturally, nearly every room within the refurbished resort was monitored by the main security office, as well as Vero's private suite near the peak of the building. At the moment, he sat on a large, comfortable sofa that rested in a sunken pit, the various rooms of the building (along with their nefarious and scandalous dealings) were on display. Naturally one might fear blackmail in a place like this, but that was not his business. He was in the business of commodities, acquiring objects of great value to those who are willing to pay while also ensuring a steady supply of that object. Now, there were plenty of beings willing to deal in Sipce pice or military hardware, often these activities are frowned upon but often the galactic governments employ these very same beings in times of need.

Slavery on the other hand, outside the Sith Empire, was universally frowned upon. Vero learned that the hard way when he found his way into the Spire for a prison sentence that was thankfully cut short by a rather brilliant break-out on behalf of his masters in Black Sun. It would be under this Black Sun he would prosper once more, this time having "rebranded" so to speak. Now he would simply supply those in need of occupation with the labor they so desperately desire, though often they may not like what their new "employer" has in mind for them. Naos III was nothing, a world that was slowly dying as its residents continued to trade in commodities that were no longer sought by the galaxy. Yet among the population were those who held physical value, Twi'leks with crimson skin that most of the galaxy seemed fond of. So Varo decided to bring these rather wealthy individuals to a place where their... cravings might be satisfied. This all came at Vero's personal expense, for he had to prove to his masters in Black Sun that this operation was worth funding and expanding, perhaps even seeing fit to grant him control of operations in this region of space.

Regardless, he'd already made a tidy profit, and this little event he put together was already drawing individuals that Vero wished very much to speak with. Prime among these individuals was one of the infamous Vigo's of Black Sun, Parvati Parvati , a woman who wielded great power and influence within the Syndicate and across the galaxy. He would speak with her personally, seeking her patronage and support in his coming endeavors, but he would allow her time to settle in before meeting more privately. Others were being monitored, this moon was practically Vero's fiefdom, and little passed by his informants and goons. Still, his resort was safe and secure, his forces would see to that.

Rising from his seat, Vero moved into the main section of his suite, a protocol droid rushing to his side.

"Master, will you be joining the festivities?"

"I believe I will, though only briefly. Once I have joined the party, continue to monitor security feeds and alert me if anything serious arises."

"Yes, Master. Shall I prepare more formal attire?

"Of course! This is a party after all."
blacksun_spacer1.png

Arriving via his personal lift, Vero began to mingle with newly arrived guests as various servants, both organic and otherwise, began to hand out drinks and various delicacies from around the galaxy. Some guests were led away to be "serviced" by the staff while others chose to remain, engaged in conversation, or enraptured by the performers scattered about the main reception area. Falling in behind Vero was a pair of well-dressed Nikto, though it was clear both concealed weaponry and carefully monitored the guests around Vero as he wandered about.

Felling as if he had put in enough face time with the rabble, Vero moved toward the bar while his guards kept their distance, not wishing to interfere with their employer's work. Approaching the Vigo, the Umbaran wore a warm smile and carefully places one hand behind his back and another splayed across his chest as he offers a respectful bow.

"I must say you look stunning tonight. You honor me with your presence, my lady."

Rising from his bow, Vero moves to lean against the bar while the man stationed behind it rushes to bring his employer his preferred beverage. A glass of Merenzane Gold was placed before him and Vero offers a kind nod to the bartender, offering a few credits from beneath his cape as thanks.

"Truth be told, I did not think you would accept my invitation. This little corner of the galaxy offers very little in the way of financial prospects, something I am only now seeking to rectify. Regardless, you are my honored guest and my humble abode is at your service."

Vero gestures about the room and to the various staff and servants wandering about, before returning his attention to the human.

"Can I be of any assistance in your efforts? I was told that you had a rather distasteful experience before I arrived. I assure you that will not be tolerated in my resort. Would you like me to have this offending party... removed?"

TAGS: Parvati Parvati // OPEN

Felgreen continued talking to the banker. They talked about all sorts of things, the financial state of the Galaxy, good investment opportunities, and politics. Truthfully, it was mostly the banker talking, and Felgreen listening. The banker was so engrossed in his monologue, that he didn’t notice Parvati Parvati next to him telling the bartender that he would be paying for all of her drinks. Felgreen on the other hand noticed this interaction. He decided not to say anything about it though, as he saw no point in getting into a fight for the sake of someone he was going to kill.

Felgreen was completely disinterested in the banker’s monologue, and simply let the banker ramble on, and drink more alcohol. Meanwhile, Felgreen’s glass went untouched. So far, the hardest part of this job was simply pretending to listen to this foolish bore of a Muun. If he was less professional, Felgreen would likely have just shot him right where he sat, and made a run for it. But that would be much too risky, and he knew it.

However, when it was time to pay for the evening’s drinks, there seemed to be a discrepancy. The bartender was charging the banker for 5 beverages that he claimed to not have ordered.
“I definininitely didn’t drinkkk theseee.” the banker complained, barely sober enough to form complete sentences. “Youuu hAAAAcks aren’t gonna pulllll a fast one on me!” he shouted. “Sir, if you are going to make a scene like this, then maybe you shouldn’t offer to pay for other people’s drinks.” the bartender grumbled.

“I’m sure this is all just a misunderstanding. I can pay for both our tabs.” Felgreen chuckled, as he handed the bartender enough credits to pay for his, the banker’s and Parvati’s drinks.

“I think a walk outside might help him clear his head.”

“Outside? I don’t wannnt to freezzze.”

“The chill will help you wake up. Just follow me.”

“Errrr, yeah, outsiddddde…”

Felgreen and the banker began slowly walking towards the exit. Or rather, Felgreen was acting as a support to prevent the banker from collapsing on the floor. Given that the banker was quite a bit taller than him, this was no easy task. On their way out, they happened to pass by Vero Kene. Felgreen recognized him as the supposed owner of this hotel. He hoped that they could get past him without any further scrutiny. Of course, this hope was instantaneously snuffed out when the banker proceeded to vomit the contents of his stomach onto the ground, right next to Kene.

This job was turning into a disaster in every sense of the word.

Last edited:
Devil In A Tight Dress

After taking a few strides forward, Parvati landed at a section of the bar farther away from the people and loud noises. She would be able to have her back against a wall, and eyes peeled forward, looking for any potential threats. Not wanting to get her fur coat dirty, the mistress stood tall between the wall and bartop. She took her whiskey to her lips every few moments to taste the sweet burn and ensure she was blending in. Every so often she would scan the crowd for the man who was beside her and then disappeared very quickly. As admittedly paranoid as she was, Parvati still felt off about that whole situation. Where did he go?

Her attention was soon taken back to the Muun as he was realizing she had stuck him with the bill. He seemed far too inebriated to fully understand the situation, but the shadowy figure next to him offered to rectify it for him. It wasn't the outcome she had wanted, but it appeared the prick was messing his night up for himself regardless. A sly smile enveloped her face while she narrowed her gaze toward the man of the evening, Vero. He looked very handsome in his formal attire, a show of how proud he was of his investment. So far, the Black Sun Synidcate had been a good investment for all involved, those starting from the ground up especially.

Parvati had wanted to speak with Vero, hoping to offer some insight and potentially capital to the project. She had recently started producing her H.U.S.S.I.E droids which were an immense success in her own string of clubs. The mistress was able to rake in useful information from far more people, and take voice recordings of said findings. The droids also helped in day to day operations, able to run food and drinks and do things like inventory management. All in all, they were a huge boost to productivity across the clubs she owned in the Sun's territory. These droids could also be very useful to Vero, allowing his sentient staff to focus on more physical tasks. While Vero bowed to Parvati upon his introduction, the woman lowered her hood to reveal her face from the shadows of her black coat.

"You flatter me, Vero." Parvati smiled honestly at his words. Being the person she was, usually men feared her or fetishized her power, rarely would they offer genuine compliments. Chestnut eyes narrowed a bit as she made eye contact with Kene. "You clean up very well yourself." Her hands brought her drink to her lips once more, taking a long sip from her whiskey. "You should take your helmet off more often." She placed her now empty glass on the table and motioned to the bartender to get her drink while they made Vero's. He soon brought them both fresh drinks.

"Where the Black Sun goes, fortune follows." She said as a cheers after the Umbaran was finished speaking about this section of the galaxy. Another drink was taken, this time the fresh whiskey burned a little more, she recognized it as her own whiskey. The bartender had likely figured out who she was after the previous incident. She gave him a little wink as he took Vero's credits. Parvati turned her attention back to her friend who was commenting on her recent experiences. Not wanting him to believe that these individuals had soured her time, she gave a reassuring hand across his shoulder.

"If you're talking about that worthless Rodian, don't worry. My droid is taking care of that." She had figured he had cameras everywhere and likely knew exactly what had happened already. Plus he likely wouldn't be angry at a Vigo for doing business the way the Black Sun always had. "And if you're not, the Muun who insulted me looks worse for wear than the Rodian." She gestured toward the duo walking toward them. She honed in on the one carrying him, his features, even though visible, were hard to make out. It seemed this person had gone to great lengths to make it hard for anyone to recognize him. He was like a specter, someone else who sent a chill up her spine.

"My droid should be returning soon, and I'd actually like to talk about tha-" Before she could finish, the Muun spewed in front of the both of them. Parvati looked them both up and down with disgust as she checked her coat for any splatter. She would hate to have to bill the drunkard for any damage he caused. She had already cost the two of them so much. "It seems a waste of good whiskey, doesn't it?" The mistress said directly to the banker, narrowing her gaze to stare him down. She had nothing but disdain for this man, and distrust for his apparent caregiver.

Vero Kene Zengel Felgreen Zengel Felgreen Shoda Teshima

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom