Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Conductive Experiment

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Yeah, trust me I'm not thrilled." Between Dromund Kaas and Felucia Alisteri had seen enough plant and beast planets to last a lifetime. Dagobah did not sound anymore hospitable either. He appeared oddly sheepish, embarrassed even, by the question. "Well...yes and no. Less drugs, more heavy narcotics with some additives. To help limit and dull my mind and senses so that the full power doesn't overwhelm me."

His little project was far from a point of pride for him, but it was a necessity in his mind. "You see, obviously our bodies as Sangnir are pretty unaffected by most substances. However I had some...paid associates experiment with trying to dilute Anima with narcotics and the results are supposedly potent enough to work."

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

"Really? I think swamps are just wonderful for the skin."

She rolled her eyes, though found herself more fascinated by just how far he went. Necessity versus want, it seemed. Not that it was a bad thing. Her inability to get drunk or high had saved her life more times than she could count.

"Sounds like we're going to be doing all kinds of firsts. A high Sangnir, pulling on the power of a nexus to empower an ancient, refurbished artifact." She laughed. Had to. Honestly, always seemed like they were doing the craziest things.

"What could go wrong?"

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri chuckled at the remark and simply shrugged in response. In all honesty he was far from keen using drugs of any kind, especially as potent as these ones would be just so that they would have an affect, especially since they weren't meant for this purpose specifically. If it all went wrong... "It's risky but it's the only way I can think of surviving."

He crossed his arms and leaned back against a table. "If it all goes according to plan, then the little narcotic experiment won't have been useless and we'll have a new Ascendant artifact ready to go. I think it's worth the risk."

Better to turn his failed attempt to curb the red hunger into something useful after all. "But I'll have it all ready within a few days. Anything else you have need of before we head out to Dagobah?"

370d9lz.png

"Me personally? No. I'm always ready to go whenever." A life on the run without people relying on her had seen to that. She closed her eyes again, thinking through how best she herself could go about this. Alisteri was really putting his life on the line for it, wasn't he? And yet again, she simply couldn't because of her nature.

Frustrating.

"The sooner we fix me, the sooner we don't have to have you do all this alone. .. Ah, not that it's your fault or anything." She blinked, then laughed nervously, sitting right back up.

"Anyway. I'll be close by. Just let me know when you're ready."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri nodded and turned back to look over the Ascendant artifacts on the table once more. It was a risky maneuver yes, but if it succeeded then they wouldn't have to worry about finding future relics and devices in a good condition. Once they had proof that they could replicate such powerful creations, even if only to some extent, then the door was wide open for future projects.

Something dark in the back of his mind was practically drooling at the idea. Thankfully his musings were interrupted by Alina's voice and he looked back at her over his shoulder.

"You're not wrong. The blessing of the Force is by far the greatest gift one can be bestowed, who knows how powerful you'll become?" The idea was both slightly frightening and tantalizing. Alina could be made Force Sensitive for sure, but how strong she would be initially was unclear.

He intended to find out. "Of course, expect a message within the week."

370d9lz.png

"Alright. Oh, and. Take a look at the Spark Eternal. From what I read, the Ascendants figured out a way to make people Sith, not just through the imitation of their devices. Might help."

Alina nodded once and stood up to leave. She couldn't think of anything else to say. And, well. A week was a long time. Long enough for her to get some ideas on what to retrieve next for Alisteri and her own benefit.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri nodded as she took her leave, slipping into his own musings again for a moment. "Of course, thank you." Then he paused, replaying what she said in his mind before snapping back around to glance at her. "They figured out how to what?!"

-----------------------

The space over the swamps of Dagobah was calm and uninterrupted, as usual, as the Altorius exited hyperspace above the planet. :"High Priest, we have arrived.": The voice echoed slightly over the hangar's intercom as Alisteri watched the last of the needed materials being loaded onto the transport shuttle, the movers offering their leader a bow as they set down the supplies.

"Excellent. Legionnaires, present arms." The cult's soldiers stood at attention outside the shuttle as their High Priest turned to look at the planet from the hangar's shield. :"Alina, we've arrived at Dagobah. Ready to make planetfall when you arrive.":

370d9lz.png

Alina didn't send a response so much as just arrive. She'd been sticking to around the Dagobah system, bored and waiting after her.. Problem had been solved. No sooner did she arrive in the system than she had her ship land within his own. And a droid hastily starting to carry down a good number of hovercarts of crates down.

One that practically radiated a darkness Alina herself couldn't sense.

"Found the Forge, while you were getting busy. Should do well, I think."

Alina wandered over to Alisteri's transport, dusting her hands. For good reason. Her ship was in shambles. A good part of it had just been seemly ripped open, which she seemed to just.. Not care about. It was less important than what they were going to do now.

"Shall we get going?"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The quick arrival of the other Sith wasn't too surprising, but what she carried with her was. While the Legionnaires didn't budge from their salutes, Alisteri noticeably shook for a moment before he composed himself as the Forge was moved off of the ship. His senses were set alight by the mere presence of such an aura but he refused to allow it to hold his attention. For now anyway.

"I can tell. I'll ensure that it'll be put to good use in time." He glanced at Alina with a small nod before looking over her ship. "Looks like you had a turbulent flight." The masked man noted but didn't question the state of it. They had more important matters to attend to.

"We shall indeed. Legionnaires, load up and prepare for landing." Alisteri allowed his soldiers a moment to clamber into the shuttle before making his way over to ship himself. "Normally I wouldn't take any additional personnel on a mission like this, but I've heard that Dagobah isn't always kind to visitors. They can keep the wildlife off of us until the ritual is complete." He spoke to her in a low voice, as if to hide his intent from prying ears.

Without much further delay he boarded the transport and made his way to the cockpit. While someone else was piloting the ship, he would give directions. They would need a place of concentrated power for this to work and he could lead them there once they were planet side. Once everyone and everything was aboard the shuttle lifted off and sped out of the hangar, moving to the swamps far below.

370d9lz.png

"A new apprentice, actually. I'll send him your way, if you don't mind. There's.. Some loyalty to be tested, if you catch my drift." That was ever the useful part about whatever this relationship could be called between her and Alisteri. Shared by the blood that created them.

She flashed a grin, though. "You worried word might get out? You shouldn't be so paranoid with your own cult." Despite the laugh and the grin, her eyes were serious.

If there was something he didn't trust, she didn't trust it either.

"They guard us. I guard you. You ready?"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri scoffed at the offer but nodded in agreement. "You're telling me that you don't even trust your own apprentices? For shame Alina!" His tone was very much an amused one, even if he didn't fully understand why he was being asked to do such a thing. Paranoia was familiar, and he had little problem helping relieve his friend of such a concern.

He merely gave her a nod in response as the shuttle brought them into the atmosphere of the planet. Even after the temporary estrangement, there was no one he trusted more to be true to her word.

His concerns relating to his cult were pushed aside as he focused, beyond the noises of the ship's engines and the other white noises inside the vessel, extending his senses out to the planet in an attempt to feel for a concentrated area for the ritual. Every Nexus had points and areas of more concentrated power scatter across the planet that they dwelled within. All he had to do was find one.

After nearly a minute of meditation he began relaying directions to the pilot as the transport pierced the thick clouds above the tree line. "It's odd to feel so much life on a world so hostile."

370d9lz.png

"Less I don't trust him and more I don't trust his teachings. He was a Jedi, and I doubt he's accepted the Sith life. I think some time with your cult would do him good."

She chuckled a little more, leaving it at that. Then.. Waited. This she hated. Waiting, unable to feel or help when it came to the Force. She raised a brow though, curiously watching Alisteri as he spoke up.

"Truly? Life is a cruel, merciless thing on it's own. Is it really that odd for it to find a way?"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"A Jedi?" The concern in his voice was evident, underlaid by a tone of surprise and frustration, but he didn't question her further. While he held no faith in Jedi, he was confident enough that Alina knew what she was doing. Alisteri would be more than happy to help in breaking in her apprentice to becoming a proper Sith.

Her remark drew a small laugh from him as he nodded, giving the pilot another order before he responded. "Fair point. I suppose something has to keep the nexus fueled over the years."

A couple more minutes of flight later and suddenly Alisteri ordered the pilot to land, turning away from the cockpit as the shuttle found a very small clearing to set down in. "Legionnaires, fan out and establish a perimeter. There's a cave that awaits us."

370d9lz.png

A cave, huh?

Alina raised a brow as they descended from the ship. Moisture hit her skin like a wet blanket. Pretty quickly a frown settled on her lips. At least being Sangnir meant there were no bugs to bother them. Actually, what would happen if a blood sucking insect tried to consume theirs? She didn't think long on it, instead turning her gaze to the world around them.

"This is the worst swamp thus far, I think."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
An annoyed sigh escaped him as he stepped out onto the surface of the planet, his boot sinking into the ground slightly with a single step. "I think you may be right." The humidity alone nearly choked out his helmet's filters and he took a moment to compose himself as the sensations seeped through his armor and clothes. "At least we won't have to go swimming this time."

His Legionnaires quickly filed out after the pair of them, the first group of them sweeping out around the shuttle to check for any creatures while the second began offloading the two crates that they had been transporting. "Move the crates into the cave then join the others on the perimeter. This will take some time."

Alisteri peered at the cave ahead of them, like a creature's gaping maw rising up from the planet itself. Dread and a cold wind seeped from the dark entrance as his soldiers moved towards it, the tell tale signs of the Dark Side's presence. "Well Alina, ready to bite off more than we can chew?"

370d9lz.png

Alina snorted.

"Hopefully we don't. But you never know."

She didn't think they would. The planet was virtually all swamp, but there didn't seem to be anything specific close by that screamed 'you have to swim in me'. Her gaze shifted regardless, as if searching for that specific pool. Or a sign.

Satisfied there wasn't, she followed along. Helped to even carry one of the crates. By herself. In one hand. She couldn't help but show off at this point. The strength she'd gotten from their change was no joke.

Then she laughed.

"Don't we always? I'm here with you, though. I'll keep you safe."

As safe as she could from a literal force of nature she had no way of perceiving. Eh, she'd done more impossible things before, right? .. Maybe? She cleared her throat, refusing to show any hesitation as she stepped in.

"We're not getting any younger. Or older. Or- You get it."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The thought of having to delve into whatever dark, fetid waters were around was enough to make him shiver in disgust. One could only guess at what beasts were lurking beneath the surface of the marshes and swamps that encompassed the planet.

Some of the Legionnaires actually stopped to watch as Alina effortlessly carried one of the crates, glancing between themselves and then at their leader who didn't seem to be surprised by the display at all. He could do the same feat of course. "And I'm thankful for that." Alisteri sounded genuine despite the short remark, but he quickly walked ahead as if he hadn't spoken at all.

The inside of the cave held an almost oppressive atmosphere, as if the air itself demanded submission with each cold breeze that passed over them. The other crate was set down and the Legionnaires carrying it quickly scurried out to resume their duties.

He ran his hand over the top of the crate before opening it with the flick of his finger. Inside amongst other supplies sat a gauntlet, carefully wrapped and crafted yet clearly in more than one piece. It was missing the key component after all. The masked Sith reached in and pulled out a container, the black stones glinting in the dim light that filtered in from the cave's entrance as he held them in his hand.

"Think you can hold onto these for a second? I'll need to get the ritual set up and the narcotic ready."

370d9lz.png

"Holding things. I'm not sure if that's something I'm capable of without the Force. Woe is me." She snickered. Mostly to hide the fact that while she couldn't feel the Force something more primal in her Maw was panicking at the darkness around them. Sangnir fed off the Force in blood. Even she could tell this wasn't a good place to be.

She took up the items, watching him. Unspoken concern in her eyes before finally she did speak up.

"What do you plan to do?"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
He rolled his eyes and shook his head slightly as she snickered, handing off the stones with surprisingly little concern. The Force's presence was heavy and overbearing, but not at all unfamiliar. Korriban and Dromund Kaas had been almost suffocating by comparison. Alisteri paused at the question, glancing at her and simply staring for a moment before slowly reaching up and slipping off his helmet.

"First," The yellow in his gaze seemed to almost glow as he clipped the helmet onto his belt and opened up the crate that Alina had carried in. ", I set up the ritual circle and altar. Then I need to do some...carvings with my dagger." He moved materials out of the crate as he spoke, chalk, what appeared to be a sizable piece of a pillar that had been inscribed with various Sith scrawlings, and some odd looking candles.

"After that I finish assembling the device on the altar and I see if the narcotics can keep me sane as I do the ritual." The last item he pulled from the crate was probably the oddest of the bunch, a syringe filled with some strange reddish brown liquid.

"If it all goes according to plan, then we'll have a gauntlet that can shoot down a fighter."

370d9lz.png

"Runes on you, or the ground?" Carving was an odd choice of words, but Alina shrugged it off. She knew quite a bit about sorcery and rituals. How they worked, how to set them up. Just not the specifics. Especially for this kind of thing. An ancient ritual that hadn't been done for centuries to recreate a piece of tech lost to time.

She wouldn't admit it, but she did love learning about Sorcery. It was envy of those who could do it that kept her back.

".. Ahh man. Uh. I'm not sure if you need to chant or such, but if something goes wrong do you think you can give me a signal of some kind? If it's not obvious, which it probably will be."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom