Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Clever Ruse

Cataline Holt

C
Cataline almost had an existential crisis as they walked. A slight exaggeration, but the realization that she didn't really spend enough time doing stuff for herself. Ah, well. She loved what she was doing, anyways. That is what mattered the most ultimately, anyways. Love what you're doin' and all that jazz that people talked about.

Cat perked a brow at his response. Nature and animals? Huh, that wasn't one she heard often from the city. He definitely wasn't from Coruscant. She wasn't even sure if she had ever even seen a tree before, let alone full on nature. "Canines? I bet it is adorable," she said hopefully. She'd seen dogs and stuff through the holo and stuff. And there were some animals in the city, every now and then. "I understand that," she confirmed with somewhat of a sigh.

Cataline shook her head. She gave Seth Brackson Seth Brackson a small smile, "No. I can barely afford to go between levels, let alone a ticket to another planet." It would be nice to see more than Coruscant. Or Iol, where her first 10 years were.

Seth glanced over to Cataline Holt and considered the means with which to respond. Then looked ahead. "When my work here is done. Would you like to travel some?" Seth inquired. "I am only offering. Because I know how hard it can be trying to make ends meet. I didn't get to where I am now through the most.. Ideal of manners. Though I ended up having help at some point. I believe everyone should have a chance to travel the galaxy. Though at the same time there should always be a place where one can call home." He finally expressed. Sure it was a far stretch offering someone he had only met an offer to travel. Though this task was already going to require some level of trust between the two. Seth wouldn't make the offer with any ill intentions.

Seth proceeded to pay for a pair of tickets for them. While he began to fidget some with the blaster. Lightly strumming his fingers along the handle. Nothing was wrong at the moment. He was just.a bit restless. "At the very least. Perhaps sometime I should introduce you to my canine unit. They're different if nothing else." He expressed.

Seth had discovered a new species of canines. It was a task he completed with another member of his order.. And one him and an old partner had originally wanted to set out for. Though now as time passed. He found that training a species of canines one step away from pickiing up blasters themselves. Was a bit of a challenge. One which he enjoyed however.

Cataline Holt

C
Travel? Leave Coruscant? She had to think about it. It was her home, and... She needed and wanted to venture out into the galaxy some. But she did just meet this guy... But she did trust him, had to if she wanted to figure out what was going on. After a couple seconds of debating, she gave a little nod. "Yeah, I'd like too. Just never really have had the chance, you know?" She commented quietly.

Once the tickets were paid for, they'd find their seats and the bus would take off towards her level. Probably 30 minutes or so, depending on where else it stopped. "I'd love to meet them," she said with a big grin. "Never really interacted with animals either," she said with a quiet laugh.

She placed her hands in her lap, fiddling with her thumbs as she looked out the window. "Only critters we get around here are rodents, bugs. Life finds a way, even in a planet full of metal and junk and stuff."

Seth Brackson Seth Brackson

Seth listened to Cataline Holt and softly smiled. "It is very intriguing indeed." He agreed. Seth relaxed back in his seat. While he began to map out where all his weapons were on his person. Just as a means to pass some time. Sitting around and waiting while being something Seth did try to do every now and then. Was not something he always appreciated doing. He would rather be on his feet being active. He got to thinking about his pups, and acknowledged he missed them. Wishing he had brought them along anyways. Though giving the circumstances he didn't want to stick out more than he had to, and wandering around with a rare species would definitely draw attention.

Seth looked over to Cataline and smiled some. "So, are you an early riser?" He inquired. He didn't wish to arrive earlier than needed to her home. Seth rarely slept much. Either due to visions, or just restless thoughts. It was an inconvenient position he had become accustomed to. Another reason was the sooner they got started the sooner they could wrap up. Yet he also wanted her to be well rested. As he wasn't sure how much rest she would be getting once they went to tackle the problem.

Finally. Seth thought back to the individual in the alley. If he was linked to the group Seth was trying to deal with. Then his job would be a little more difficult. Considering the group would have a more alert position regarding his intents. Though if he could avoid revealing his own connections and what he was up until he was ready to strike. He still might have some form of an advantage when the time came.. Plus.. Now he had Cataline

Cataline Holt

C
Cataline sat quietly as she watched the city through the window. It never stopped, it felt like, anyways. People were always going about... Even during the worst, life kept on going. Man, she didn't realize just how tired she was. Going to another planet, though... It seemed like a far off idea, even with the man seemingly offering it to her. Plants? Animals? What if she was allergic to them? She'd never been in a place that was mostly green or whatever.

She perked a brow at his question, her attention refocusing. "Oh, I'm an anything riser," she said with a chuckle. She usually didn't sleep well, but so long as she got a few hours she should be fine. "Maybe a little after sunrise?" Sunrise was a vague term, considering how many levels below she lived but he probably would catch her drift and understand.

The bus pulled up, and Cat gave a nod to Seth Brackson Seth Brackson . "Here's the stop," she said as she walked towards the exit.

Seth gave his head a nod of acknowledgement towards her statement. He hoped Cataline wouldn't come to regret her early rising decision. Though they were both adults. So, he figured taking her words at face value was only a respectable thing to do. He stepped off of the shuttle. Then looked over towards Cataline Holt for a moment. Then made a motion for her to return to leading the way.

Seth was silent from here forward. Instead focusing on the structures around them. It brought back a mixture of feelings. Being back onto the streets. Seth was contemplating what the best approach would be. In regards to accomplishing what he wanted. Though now he was also needing to weigh the potential dangers he was going to expose his mostly naive partner to. Yeah. He considered.her naive. Not because he genuinely felt she was clueless. He was just sure she hadn't dealt too much with workings like his own.

Honestly, Seth was calculating things and realizing. That there was both pros and cons to their team up. Well, Seth would keep her safe. It was something he had assured her he would do. Therefore he intended to do it. While the mission was still important. He marked the end goals as a secondary objective now. There was a lot of ways to skin a criminal underground after all.

Cataline Holt

C
Cataline actually slept great. The stress from the night before actually wore the young woman out and the minute she hit her bed - the rest of her family already fast asleep - she was knocked out. Deep in sleep was the best place to be.

But morning came sooner than later. And as she got up to get ready, she realized she was probably a little early. So exited her apartment and went down to the street level, where she would sit on the stairs. For now, she'd just wait for Seth Brackson Seth Brackson to show up. There wasn't much to do and she was rather relaxed.

And hopeful - hopeful that they'd figure out what was going on. She felt sure he knew more than he was letting on, but that was okay. For some weird reason she trusted him. Perhaps things were falling in place or something. She checked her watch as she rubbed her temples and debated on how she could help. She wasn't a combative person and didn't really know any skills in sneaking or slicing.

He'd probably have an idea, though. Or maybe even she'd figure something out.

Seth's night was a bit on the dull side of things. At first once Cataline decided to call it a night. Seth himself proceeded to attempt to find a place to rest. Which didn't come out too successful of a search. Though he did consider returning to his ship. He strayed from the idea. In case he had attracted some attraction now that he was taking even just a slightly more pro-active approach to resolving the problems on this planet. If even for a little while.

Seth finally resigned to returning to the home of Cataline Holt until she was awake. He found a street nearby and proceeded to scale the walls of the buildings. Then settled down on the rooftop. Closed his eyes and simply relaxed and listened to the sounds of the traffic, droids, and occasionally straggler passing about the streets bellow. He was very tempted to reach out with the force. As he enjoyed doing so. It set his mind at ease. Though this was a close alternative.

Needless to say when the door of Cataline's building opened. Seth opened his eyes and glanced down. Well.. Now she was waiting on him. He glanced outwards and gave a simple nod. Then proceeded to scale his way down back to the streets. Where he placed his hands into his pockets and proceeded to greet Cataline. He knew he should of planned more. Though he wanted Cataline in as he was doing so. That way they were on the same page.

Cataline Holt

C
Cataline yawned as she rubbed her arms together. For some reason, it felt a bit more chilly than she quite expected. It'd probably warm up in a few hours, though. It was still pretty early. Her eyes watched as the traffic began to pick up, hovercars flying about. People just... Getting their lives going.

Cataline caught Seth Brackson Seth Brackson out of the corner of her eye. She jumped up as she put her hands in her pockets. "Good morning," she replied with a smile. "How are ya?" She asked as she moved up and down on her feet. "Hope it was uneventful?" She nibbled her lip for a second. "Do you want breakfast or anything? I made some earlier," she offered.

Plus, maybe he'd give her some more information if he weren't in public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom