Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Clever Ruse

Cataline Holt

C
It was irritating about how little progress had been made in the homeless population on this level. Despiet her own work, and countless others, it remained high despite not clear reasons. Cataline stared at a datapad, leaning against a wall outside of the shelter. The Society of Homelessness had asked her to do some surveying and compile that information. It would help find more patterns.

And naturally, Cat was more than happy to help. It'd be good, they said. It'd be an opportunity to learn, they said. She felt like she could be doing something more important, like lobbying the Imperium or doing literally anything else besides counting every person in homeless shelters in her designated area.

A hand brushed her hair gently behind her ear, which laid brushed down her shoulders. A blue sweatshirt, dark green pants, and a pair of boots. The outfit of someone who never quite knew what type of work she would find herself in, after all.

But it was fine. The last person counted, she stepped outside - her eyes briefly catching sight of something weird on the other side of the street from the homeless. Curious, and perhaps her better instincts, she decided to investigate.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth himself wasn't in his normal hooded robes. Instead having decided upon a upon a black leather duster over a black long sleeve shirt. As well as a pair of black cargo pants. It really wasn't his usual style. Though it was what he decided to work with. Considering it was the most comfortable he was able to afford. He didn't wish to make his association to the silver order overly obvious this time around.

Of course if push came to shove. He still did have his lightsabers and shoto on his person. He just made sure to place them in areas he could pass them off as other things. He had a blaster pistol holstered on his hip. Though he was going to try and avoid it's use. Not because he wasn't unfamiliar with shedding blood. It was more a inconvenience for him to be handling a blaster opposed to a bow or a lightsaber. Really.considering he'd prefer a bow was saying something. Considering he still had a long way to go with learning that.

Seth currently had someone by the throat. Pinned against the walls of a small building. Rummaging through their possessions. While the thug threw some colorful slang language at him. In protests to his actions. Of course it was easy to tune out. As when Seth had enough he just applied some pressure to the arteries. Cut off the blood flow and then tossed the unconscious individual aside. While he confiscated some forged documents off the individual.

Placing them in his duster. Seth turned and merged with the shadows as best as he could. While he headed off towards the local cantina. Deciding to get a few drinks and study the information he had gathered.

[member="Cataline Holt"]

Cataline Holt

C
The rumors someone could hear inside cantinas and bars that dotted this level was astounding. Granted, most of it was just junk that had no resemblance in reality. Many were just some way to describe the string of bad luck Coruscant had been under. One disaster after another, one war after another, a new government every year it seemed.

With the bad luck that had befallen the planet and the core, sometimes Cataline wanted to just run away. Find a way out. But most of the time she hunkered down and did the best she could to help people. That felt like her calling, at least kind of.

And that was why she found herself cautiously stepping into the alley in the level - a long and dark corridor. It had some lights, mostly from some lights that dotted or windows that light escaped from. It was a common alley way for the homeless to find themselves in. But tonight seemed off - there wasn't anyone in the 'way. Cataline stepped further into the alley.

It happened quickly - she heard the crunch of something behind her, but before she could turn an arm went around her neck, pressing tightly. She gasped, fear and panic immediately bubbling up. She stomped, luckily wearing boots that smashed the toes of the assailant. He groaned, dropping back as Cat turned around and realized she was already against the wall.

She had no idea how to fight, but... No time to learn like the present. She grimaced as the man began to move forward, his fists balled. No knife at least... That was a relief.

Seth Brackson Seth Brackson

Cataline Holt

Seth had made a short distance. When the corner of his eyes caught sight of a conflict. Seemingly similar in nature to the matter he had resolved moments ago. Must be that sort of day. Then again this was Coruscant. Days like this had an uncanny tendency to occur down in the streets.

Seth admittedly would of just continued on. Not because he didn't wish to intervene. Though because he was dealing with more pressing matters and really didn't need to stick his neck out. However, an annoying but familiar tugging sensation drew at him. Kark. He wish it didn't decide now to tug at him.

Seth had a few options. He always had options.. Well, everyone always had options. Some just refused to keep a fair amount of them available. He could fist fight a stranger. Hope he didn't get too into the moment and kill. He could draw his blaster, and hope the stranger backed off. That or he could draw his lightsaber or call upon the annoying thing which felt so inclined to get him into this mess to begin with.

Of course there was the diplomatic talk it out way. Which in honesty Seth could place more practice into. Though there was only so much restraint he could allow. Did he think Kark already? Yeah.. Probably. Either way Seth observed the man reeling back for a strike after the first point of his assualt failed.

Seth decided the middle ground approach. He unclipped his blaster from it's holster. Then drew it and took a casual aim at the man's back. While walking his and the woman's direction. Before he spoke up. "Excuse me. Though I think it best if you step away from my companion this instant!" Seth spoke in a firm and experienced tone of voice. Not yelling. Just very clear and to the point where he stood. Really.. He had no idea who the girl was. Though Seth knew how to spin a tale, and if the girl who apparently was just trying to wing it to begin with. Was even the slightest bit street smart. She'd go along for this ride Seth was about to pull them down.

Cataline Holt

C
Cataline took a deep breath of air as she stared at the masked figure. She tried to see his face, catch what she could so she could so she could report the man to the authorities. Could she try to kick him in his nether regions? Could she somehow punch him across the face. She held her breath as he began to aim.

But then a voice spoke. The voice was firm with intention. Both her and the hooded figure glanced over - to see a blaster aimed at the man. Cataline blinked for a moment as she glanced back towards the hooded figure who was backing away slowly. She used the moment of confusion to jog towards the hooded man's side. "Should have thought twice before messing with someone who had backup," she commented somewhat nervously.

The nerves weren't because it was a lie, but because she was still rattled by what happened. Sure, bad things happened and she was around bad things all the time. But she had just been... Lucky to not have been directly involved in any of it. She sighed - realizing her luck was out.

She kept a fighting stance as the man backed up more. "I don't want no trouble, now..." He commented. His voice was somewhat sickly, shaky.

Seth found a comfortable range. Where he took his ground and stopped. It would leave distance the assailant would have to travel to try and engage Seth. Any closer and Seth might as well be gifting the blaster to the hooded man.Which would of been counter productive.

The woman responded. She seemed quite shaken up. Which was respectable considering she was attacked. Followed in suit by the masked individual. Seth didn't trust the sick and shaky aspects of the man's tone. It could just be an act. Then again it could be genuine. Seth wasn't going to take chances. He wasn't going out of his way to inflict harm here either though.

Seth looked to the woman. ""Get over here, so this man can be on his way." He said to the woman. Before he looked back to the man. "And I do suggest you get to being on your way. If you try to pull a quick one on me. You'll be deeply regretting it." Seth spoke in a more calm, yet still direct manner. The man replied to his initial request. Which meant he was at least open to compliance. Now all that needed done was this unfortunate occurence to be wrapped up. Hopefully without a corpse. At which point Seth would have a word with the woman.

Cataline Holt

Cataline Holt

C
The man stared at Seth Brackson Seth Brackson , scoffing slightly. "I don't want no trouble," he repeated with a shaky voice once more. Clearly, this plan had not worked. And the meddling woman apparently had some form of backup. Where they on to them? They would need to know if so...

He continued to step back. And Cataline gave a nod as she dived next to Seth. She quietly had a sigh of relief as the worst of the moments were over. Some random guy stepped in to help her. Although, she internally hoped he wouldn't turn around and mug her like the other guy was planning on doing.

Cat did have a nagging sense that something was off about the whole situation, though. Why had the man attacked her? He didn't just ask for her purse or credits or anything like that. And the alleyway was usually filled with homeless, which is the biggest reason she wanted to see. It was loud, noisy, and smelly. It was none of those things tonight.

The man spit as he ran off down the alleyway, cutting a turn a few minutes later into another alley.

Cataline gave a weak smile to Seth as she sighed once more. "Thank you so much, I would've been so screwed if you hadn't shown up." She glanced back towards the direction the man ran in. "It's so weird," She muttered after a moment of thought.

Seth eyed the woman as she got.to.his side. Before he went to watching the masked figure take off. Not without making a gesture of his opinion though. Which honestly Seth could care less.about. While he placed his blaster.back into it's holster.

He turned his attention to the woman as she addressed him. "I wouldn't be so appreciative quite yet. Considering I am now delayed on my own work. As well as in regards to the uncanny convenience this attack so happened to be in such synchronised timing to my work. I feel it is best you come with me." Seth spoke. His tone was neutral now. While he wouldn't be forceful in regards to making the woman come with him. He felt a strong notion that she should be brought along. Perhaps, she could aid him and that was why the force tugged at his concious to intervene.

"Your other option of course is to head off. Hope whoever that masked.man was. Merely targeted you out of circumstance. Hope it doesn't happen again. That or someone else is around to help you if it does." Seth finally decided to throw in. Before.he turned and.began to head back on route to the cantina he was originally headed for. Seth wasn't intent on being rude. He was merely trying to address the matters. He could of been resolving a moment sooner if not for this delay.

Cataline Holt

Cataline Holt

C
Cataline blinked for a second at his response. Delayed on his work? What work did he do? Synchronized timing? She wasn't quite sure what to make of it. But, he did technically help her. Sure, she had a chance of fighting him off and maybe winning but the odds weren't in her favor. Probably, anyways.

"I don't mind coming along," she said more quietly. "Something weird is going on. This alley is usually filled with the homeless." Part of her short life's work was helping those less fortunate, including many of the people who came here.

He had already turned and started walking towards the cantina. Wasn't much of a smiler, she assumed as she trailed after him. "What work are you doing?" She asked once she fully caught up with him. If his work had to do with the attack on her, or with the sudden disappearance of probably dozens if not hundreds of people... Well, she needed to know.

Seth glanced over to her. Glad secretly she decided to come along. Though his expression and demeanor remained much the same. For the time being at least. While he listened to her curiosities. They were understandable. He was a stranger dragging her to aid with his duties. Well, figuratively dragging of course. He had laid out options. Even if they were not favorable either way.

However, now was not the time. "My name is Seth. That is all I am comfortable offering you at this point in time. When we have a moment in more private of a place. I will offer you more." He expressed. His tone was a hint softer now. He wasn't again trying to be rude. Just pressed for time.

When they arrived at the cantina. He proceeded to open the door. Then held it open patiently waiting for her to enter. Once inside however. He entered and made his way towards the bar.

Cataline Holt

Cataline Holt

C
Cat watched the man carefully as she followed behind him. Her mind raced with ideas of what he meant by his work and what it involved. He helped her, so she was giving him a huge benefit of the doubt that he was not a part of something bad. She didn't get the feeling, either, which was a plus.

She gave a nod. "Cataline," she said quietly as she noticed him soften some. A little smile as she walked into the cantina and towards the bar as well. "Nice to meet you. Sorry it wasn't in better circumstances," she said quietly as they reached the bar.

The cantina was a fairly nice one, even if across the street wasn't so great. "I'm here pretty often," she commented quietly as she settled herself on a stool. "I mean, not the cantina. Across the street. I wonder where they all went..." She was worried. Had they been threatened? Killed? It wouldn't have been the first time they got targeted.

Seth settled down on the stoll next to her's. While he glanced over then gave a soft nod. "I am quite surprised you've been left untouched until today then." He replied to her. "Though more about that later." He promised. Hoping that did indeed grant her a hint into what his business on the planet was.

Seth pulled out the documents he had acquired earlier. Then when the bartender came over. He handed them over. "Could I have some information in regards to the estate mentioned in these ledgers?" Seth inquired in a neutral tone. While he handed some credits along with them. The gran bartender glanced over the documents. Eyed Seth warily and pushed them.back towards him. "Afraid that information is out of your pay grade." The gruff voice replied.

Seth scowled at the response. Contemplating a moment. Before shrugging and placing the documents away. "A drink for my friend and myself perhaps then." he seemingly simply resigned. He was picky about when and where he chose his battles at the moment. He turned his attention to Cataline. "Please wait here a moment." He stood and bowed to.her politely. Before he turned.and headed off towards a.club like portion of the cantina.

A moment later Seth blended with the crowd. Quite much like a ghost. While he listened to the local gossip. It was a few moments and then he returned to.his seat. Glancing at a datapad which he had managed to magically acquire in his absence. Pulling out the documents and comparing them to what the datapad said. After.a bit.he handed the information towards his lady companion. "Can you pin point the general area these manifestos seem to correlate at?" He inquired since she seemed to live on this planet.

Cataline Holt

Cataline Holt

C
Cataline stared at the man for a moment. Surprised she'd been left untouched until today? She glanced towards the wall of the barkeep as she fiddled with her hands. Left her feeling a bit more confident in what was going on, or at least the role that Seth played in it.

Cat watched inquisitively as Seth attempted to bribe the bartender for information. Regrettably, it didn't work. Cataline scowled on cue as Seth. But if a bartender turned down credits? It meant someone with money was funding him to either keep quiet, he was apart of it, or he was afraid for his life. And it sounded like it was the first one.

She chose to stay quiet, though - she didn't want to interrupt or mess up with what Seth was doing. Not until she knew more fully what was happening, at least. Plus, a drink was nice. She gave a smile towards the man with a nod. "Thanks," she said quietly as she sipped on one of drinks.

But then he left, disappearing into the crowd. She simply sat there and finished up her drink, thinking about the work she had to do. She rubbed her face although he had already appeared back. She perked a brow as she looked over at the manifestos. "Hmmm... It's not on this level, it's in the upper level in the Galactic City. This one looks to be near a Trandoshan enclave, though. The others are a little scattered, but it's generally in that area."

Seth remained attentive to Cataline Holt while she explained her thoughts. When she finished he nodded and studied her. She seemed quite exhausted in all honesty. He slid his drink over to her. "Do you have a place to stay?" He inquired in a calm manner. "I could see you there. Then depart for the evening if you would like?" He suggested. To allow her the time to rest.

Of course. He'd probably be stopping by the following morning. He doubted it appropriate to ask to share her lodgings. Things considered. While he was drawing her in as his partner. It also meant he had a sense of duty to make sure her wellbeing was looked after. It was just kind of his own thing.

Plus, it would be oftly bold if the organization tried to touch her inside of a building. Not unheard of. Especially if she had her own residence by herself. Though still pretty bold. Seth was sure things would be alright. "As well as before I depart. I could answer whatever questions you have." He finished. He would keep.his answers simple. To the point. Though also truthful.

Cataline Holt

C
Cataline gave a little smile as Seth Brackson Seth Brackson slid his drink over. Her hand gripped it as she took a swig of the liquid inside of it. "Yeah, I live a few levels down." Truthfully, several levels down. Even this level was a bit out of the price range for her family. Maybe there fortunes would change, but for now... It is what it is. She gave him the exact address on a napkin.

"That works, if that is easier for you." She said with a smile. She did need a nap or something before diving into some adventure. "Do you think it's safe? I live with my elderly parents and two older brothers, but I don't want to accidentally get them into danger." Sure, her brothers could handle themselves, especially Marcus.

She finished the drink as she sighed. "What do you think is going on? Do I need to bring any weapons?" Which would be a kitchen knife, in truth. She didn't have any real weapons. Or any real training in it, either, but oh well. Cat did have some connections, though, and a silver tongue at least. She'd wait for his responses before standing.

Seth glanced to her and raised his hand in a gesture to settle down. Though this time he dared to reach out with the force. It was the first time he felt like risking the use of it. Since he arrived on the planet. Though he felt it was necessary in this instance. He projected his emotions to her. It was a calm, a lack of nervousness or fear. A lack of anger or despair. It was a serenity a peace. Seth was as of this moment the rock which could withstand the strongest waves of the seas, trees rooted so deep no wind from the fiercest of storms could phase them, the buildings which resisted the trials of time.

While Seth was no stranger to becoming the storm, and in the background if he allowed her to. He could project that side of him as well. Though his intent shaped what information he provided, and that was a peace. A sense that there was a control amidst the chaos of what life might throw at the world. "I said I would answer your questions before the night ends and I take my leave till the morning, Cataline." Seth spoke in a voice as calm as his thoughts and feelings. "I still do not feel in the presence of the public, would be the appropriate time to answer those." He concluded.

"As for the wellbeing of your close ones. I doubt they'd be in danger." He added as his tone returned to a neutral point. "I wouldn't allow any unnecessary risks to befall upon anyone who doesn't need to be tangled up in a mess." He promised. His face didn't change much during his conversation. Only the tones of his voice. He was honestly placing a lot of trust in her reaching out to her with the force. He was hoping he did not regret it.

Seth relaxed back and studied the area. Making sure to get a good view of everyone. If anyone had caught on they were wise enough not to stand out about it. Seth would of handled the problem. Subtly of course though perhaps not in the purest of methods. Seth returned the focus of eyes towards Cataline Holt after a moment. "Ready to return home?" He inquired.

Cataline Holt

C
Cataline turned bright red for a moment. Yeah, she shouldn't have been so loud or asking such obvious questions in a bar. She was just really curious and wanted to figure out what was going on. The sooner they could figure it out, the safer she would be, her family, and the people of Coruscant. There was only so much she could do without help, and if someone was going to continue to try to attack her...

She looked at him suspiciously for a moment before she went ahead and accepted the peace that he gave her. It was a calm she had never felt before - a serenity that hadn't existed in her life. Really, ever. She had never been blessed with an easy life. And in truth... That was fine with her. She liked a challenge. But everything else she had faced was internalized and hidden as much as possible.

How'd he do that though? The Force? She knew people who had it, but she didn't really know much about it. It was... Interesting. There was the religious movement in the Imperium, but she didn't know enough, at least not yet, about it to know if it involved Force users to a whole or what.

"Sorry," she said sheepishly to Seth Brackson Seth Brackson . "I understand." She fiddled with her thumbs, "So long as they're safe, I"m happy," she confirmed after a moment of silence. "Thank you," she said quietly, even more relieved than before. "Yeah, I'm ready," she said with a smile after a second. She slipped off the stool as she took a deep breath.

Seth stood only once she had. While he dipped his head to the bartender. Then looked to Cataline and smiled softly to her. Finally deciding to throw away the mask. After all he had a good feeling about who she was as a person. He usually had a decent instinct on the matter. Plus, she had a special aura to her which naturally made someone feel at peace. There was only so far he could go before it rubbed off.

Seth made work guiding her to the address she provided. While he returned to his more calmer expression. A hint of a smile remained. Though at the same time. It was still business in it's intent. His eyes constantly scanned his surroundings. Making sure nobody took action against the pair of them. He intended to keel true to his word. Otherwise if harm was brought to her. He'd have to show a more darker side to his nature. While he was sure Cataline Holt was aware that everyone had their struggles. He wasn't to keen on having her caught in the cross fire out of the gate.

Seth glanced over to her. "So, what are some things you enjoy doing Cataline?" He decided to strike up some light conversation. In topics they were safe discussing. At least until they arrived at her home. Then he could address deeper subjects. Then depart until the morning.

Cataline Holt

C
Cataline gave an appreciative smile as Seth removed the mask. It seemed the initial mistrust, worry, or whatever it could be called was gone from both of them. Cat gave the bartender a quiet thank you as she waved, stepping out onto the street of the level. It was still strange to her, to see no lights or people out and about. So unusual.

It would take some time to get to her home, including catching a hoverbus or something along those lines. She was on a different level, which would require a ride down. The station wasn't too far away, at least.

Cataline had to think about his question for a moment. What did she enjoy doing? "I'm usually working," she admitted after a few seconds of thoughts. "I work in the shelters around here and a variety of public outreach programs." She gave a small smile - a smile that showed it was hard work, but worth it. "I guess some things I enjoy though... Cooking, baking. Dancing can be fun, if I'm not totally sober," she said with a little laugh. "Holomovies are fun, too." She shrugged a little.

"How about you?"

Seth listened while she delved into a few hobbies in addition to her occupational pursuits. At least the current.ones. he occasionally nodded his head and glanced over to her to make sure she understood he was following along. While still doing his best to keep an eye out for threats as pair travelled the streets.

When she returned the question. Seth too took a moment of consideration. "I have an enjoyment for being around animals and nature. Even own a canine unit I've been raising. Aside from that. I really don't do much in terms of entertainment. Mostly I am busy travelling, and doing tasks." He replied to her calmly. Well, that and training and meditation. Though that was another moment to discuss.

Seth approached the station. Then proceeded to glance to Cataline. While he thought a bit. "Have you ever had the opportunity to travel?" He inquired. Just as a side thought. "Off world." He specified.

Cataline Holt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom