Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Clearer Head

I haven't been posting much, if at all, in the past few days/weeks. I've been slow, and the few posts I've done have felt forced and weren't fun to write. Honestly, I've been drifting away from the site. There's an easy and a hard answer for why.

The easy answer is SWTOR. I've been playing it a lot recently.

The harder answer is, I've been getting more and more competitive and invested in the map or faction game. I started to care more about the success of the Faction I was in, and about the map, than actually having fun and writing. I've started to slip into an "Us vs. Them" mentality. And I know that some people enjoy getting invested in the map game, and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but I've been getting far too invested in it, and I've watched that sap the fun from a friend of mine's writing. I don't want to get so invested in the big game of factions and hexes and invasions and rebellions and what have you, that I forget to have fun.

I'm going to take a few steps back, take an official break from Chaos. If I do post, it'll be to small, private threads. (Although, to be honest, I'm not sure I'll even do that). I need time to get a clearer head, and to have fun again. I don't want to be so focused on something made up for our enjoyment that it doesn't become fun anymore.

Tags to the relevant writers:

[member="Satia the Cruel"] [member="Bjorg The Traitor "][member="Cairyn Midore"] [member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Darth Exode"] [member="Bartic Myth'rand"] [member="Nicademus Blith"] [member="The Slave"] [member="HK-36"] (For Anarya)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom