Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Change in Regime

Null1

The Emperor Of The Fel Empire
Untitled.png
Fel Imperium: A Change In Regime
4tbZSLA.png
There was a cool breeze on the day of the attacks. The day started like any other, as the low sun glistened over the distant horizon, rising slowly over the lake, the light trickled through the windows of Arce City, each of the ancient buildings' rocky exteriors shining brightly beige with the red rooves absorbing the light and returning little off the dull clay-like surfaces. Today was supposed to be the day of the parade, but when the military bands began their line-up, and the Emperor ascended to his carriage, the tone of the day changed drastically.

There was the loud and confident roar of drums as the military band began to march in their columns, followed by the screaming whales of other instruments coming together to form the Fel Anthem. The troops had just cleared the city center when they were met by the noise of screams and the sounding of the attack sirens. The troops quickly moved to safe positions as home guard units mobilized. There wasn't too much information, only that Parliament had been attacked, and just as it seemed that the attack was over, several bombs along the path of the parade detonated, killing 8 who were oblivious to the happenings.

Alexander II stood afront the people, the attacks from just two days prior and still an open wound in the minds of the citizenry. In these two days, there was a scandal and a crisis with the Premiership which lead to the Emperor, trying to prevent further destabilization, using his right to dismiss V'trechen and declare martial law. As he stood now, Alexander was ruler absolute. Sure, he had to deal with parliament, but if he really wanted, he could dissolve that and appoint one of his likings. But, absolutism was never Alexander's goal. Given, he had temporarily revoked the law on royal entrance into the Premiership and appointed himself, but he did so with the intention of stabilization and then the resignation from Premiership.

As Alexander looked at the people amassed in front of him, he had to lightly clear his throat and begin, the people were waiting to hear an explanation of what exactly was happening. Quickly, Alexander shuffled some papers and let them down on the podium in front of him, before looking up. Before beginning, he shot one last glance back at his detail of imperial knights at the glass doors behind him, lightly nodding for an all-clear.

As soon as the nod was returned, he began, "Thank you all for coming. I know that my ascension to power is under dire circumstances. I wished to never use my emergency powers for control, I, as Emperor, hoped that I may reign supreme. Not as some authoritarian, but graciously, and ceremonial, never stepping too far into politics, and serving as a unifying figure. After all, the Emperor's role is not to alienate the populace, he is to stand a unifier above race, ethnicity, sex or religious beliefs. That was my hope, to stay clear, but this circumstance tests all of us. We are recovering from a horrific attack where 8 citizens were killed on the streets, 3 were killed in parliament, and many more were injured. The Bureau of Espionage and Internal Affairs has looked through security footage and has positively identified two of the attackers, these were the ones that started firing on parliament. They have been identified as Lieutenant James Moseley and Sergeant Frank Reynolds, both of who were defectors during the Fel civil war. The BEIA also received a tip from an anonymous source that some of the defectors that escaped have fled to the up-and-coming agents of chaos, a terrorist organization situated not far from us, deeper in the unknown regions. That is all the information we have as of now. The defectors are both being tracked, and I can confirm that we are, 'actively' searching for members of Revere's traitors."

As Alexander stopped speaking, there was a moment of silence followed by multiple questions which were quickly answered and the flashes of the medias cameras. Before long, Alexander was waving as he left the room, surrounded by imperial knights and followed out by two Premier's guards.

Alexander quickly moved to a conferance room and sat at the table, quickly joined by the head of the guard, members of his cabinet, and a guest from the BEIA who had come to update him on the current investigation. Alexander looked around at the table, "Anyone want to begin?"

Objectives:
Military: Maintain Peace throughout the City. Investigate parliament and bomb sites throughout the city.
Gov/Knights: Debrief with Alexander.
Citizens: Roam around, help fix damages on the main street.
BYOO: Bring your own Objective

(Note: I am here with permission from Alex, and all ships used are owned by Levanthal, me)

Objective: Cause havoc
Equipment: R82 Precision Rifle | WESTAR-35 blaster pistol x2 | The XR-18 Revolver | Voice Modulator | Combat Knife
Wearing: Renn's Tactical Gear
Tags: [member="Alexander Fel II"]

Hours Earlier:

Renn walked out of the canteen with a bag of tokens in his pocket, only a small cut of what he was offered. Currently he was being paid to cause hell at the speech, which was exactly what he was going to do. Many of the Insurgents were standing guard throughout the crowd, and even a Captain. Walking over to his Sith Infiltrator he looked up as Levanthal's ships jumped from hyperspace, it consisted of three Battlecruiser Destroyers, and two Carrier Class Cruiser. Looking at the Alpha Destroyer, he knew what he should do.

Now:
Sneaking along the Alpha, he hadn't been detected. The material under him was a cool temperature and it was cold inside. Reaching the Captain's Quarters he slipped in and slit the man's throat while he was in bed. While yes he did realize that these ships would be destroyed by the Carriers, he would have enough time.

Walking into the announcers room he too, slit the man's throat. While sneaking down the hallway he pondered how this wouldn't work, the men were very loyal to the Captain, following his orders to the letter, and he could escape in time before the ships get shot down. The readings on his HUD said that the railguns were charged up. Most of the men hated Levanthal, for poor work conditions and little pay. Walking into the announcers office he spoke into his modulator, synced with the Captain's voice.

"Today, we wipe the smirk off of Levanthal's face. Have the other two ships target the crowd, we will take out the Emperor. Fire when ready." Renn felt the ships move in space, turning, as he ran to the escape pods, and once in one ejected.

He watched in amazement how the red from the Railguns started to become bright and a beam of light started heading towards the planet. The Carrier-Classes were caught off launching fighters and placing mines around the backs of the Destroyers. As the cannons charged up to max the fighters fired torpedoes into it. The light in the sky was blinding, more bright than any star.

After the light subsided all that was left were three pairs of massive engines, the rest of the ships were gone. The Carriers weren't unharmed either, one crashing into a mine and blowing up entirely. The other maintained stability, before a huge chunk of debris hit its minelayer, blowing up the ship.

Renn flipped a switch on a detonator looking thing, and all the Insurgents hidden in the ruins were flashing with bright lights, announcing what they were. The Captain's shown the brightest, and yells of anger could be heard from Renn's comms, he crushed it and sat there laughing. Marked plans with different ideas had DNA, placed in the offices of the politicians. Renn just smiled looking at the destruction when his ship pulled up and he boarded.

Uyia would stand and salute as the Emperor arrived into the conference room. This was the first time she would meet the Emperor, and she was a bit nervous. She had recently been drafted into the BEIA for her previous work, and while she had done a lot of minor espionage for a few months for Premier Harris before his untimely demise. Still, it was odd that she was given this responsibility, to be the liaison between the BEIA and this conference. That was her duty now though, and she would follow through with it.

Didn't excuse how uncomfortable she felt in a uniform. She would've preferred her full combat suit, but her bosses said no. So, she was stuck in Ossertion uniform with light combat vests under the uniform. She had been thankfully allowed to keep her gauntlets and pistols going into the conference, that would've made her go insane without them.

As the Emperor opened the floor, Uyia would stand immediately to speak

"Hello sir, I am Lieutenant Uyia Wryss of the BEIA. I want to cut straight to the meat here: the BEIA has quite a lot of its resources being expended on various projects. With this attack, we've had to split our personnel and equipment into a lot of different operations. For one, a lot of the BEIA is working to find how deep terrorist cells and sympathizers are embedded into the Fel bureaucracy. As a result, a lot of manpower is going into investigations, interrogations, and persecutions of potential traitors to the Empire. Meanwhi-"

"Ma'am, I have alerts for y-"

Wryss' transponder would flare to life, with a artificial voice starting to speak from it. She would immediately hit it, turning it off. It would continue flashing, but no voice would come from it anymore. She went red slightly.

"Ahem....As I was saying, other parts of the BEIA are currently tracking where the defectors and original cells of the group who attacked. We do have the information you have been briefed on, but it's a slow process, especially with resources being put elsewhere. We also have reports coming in the new attacks have been planned, so we are trying to get BEIA agents onto the Home Defense fleet, as well as into key locations and departments in the Fel infrastructure. We are doing our best to try and do this quickly, but we won't quite be ready to stop another attack for at least 12 more h-"

The conference room shook as a blast occurred from somewhere outside the building. Uyia would look concerned, tapping her transponder.

"Status A.V.I.? What happened?"

"Finally Ma'am! A home defense battlecruiser has fired upon the city, hijacked by unknown threats."

Uyia really wasn't sure what to do at that moment, as she looked back towards the holographic projections of her explanation and all the other members of the conference around her. Only her first week, and this was happening. What a nightmare.

Rocho was returning prematurely from a hunt due to the urgency of an attack on the parade. He was currently in his MKI Enforcer. As he was beginning his descent, all Hell broke loose. A destroyer fired upon the planet. Rocho's eyes widened and he cursed aloud. There was no time to waste, Rocho opened up an emergency comm link to allied forces immediately, "This is Rocho of the Imperial Knights. I'm coming down for orders." he stated simply. Whoever was in charge would have to figure out what exactly those orders were going to be as the Imperial Knight flew down to land.

Upon exiting his ship one could immediately tell he was either in the military, or a bounty hunter, too be fair he was both. He walked out with a NN-2 Front Droid behind him, while wearing, Hekler'Kok TDL-1 "Tempest across his back, Hekler'Kok DBS-1 holstered at his side, Hekler'Kok LA-2 Light Armor (Isn't wearing shoes, helmet, or gloves), and in his hand he had The Beast unactivated. His lightsaber axe.

He moved on keeping a commlink readily available for himt o be contacted, "Whether that's the end of this or not, something is going to happen. Or it better. And it better happen quickly." he said to himself waiting for orders.

Rocho had met both the last two Premiers, Harris, and Mike. Though Mike's reign was quite short lasted he had no way to know how it would have gone exactly. The trandoshan hadn't seen enough to be sure. Regardless, Alexander was no in his place and it was his job to ensure this was taken care of properly.

[member="Alexander Fel II"]

Null1

The Emperor Of The Fel Empire
The whole building shook and the lights flickered as the distant roar of air raid sirens began. Alexander quickly sprung into action, going for a drawer at his section of the table and pulling out a blaster pistol.

"Everyone get to emergency positions!"

Quickly, Alexander walked up to a solid wall and scanned the surface, before pushing in and the wall coming out of place and swinging open, revealing a hidden door. He quickly fanned people in as the building shook from the aftershock of whatever just happened. After everyone had made it in, he quickly pulled the door closed, and it seamlessly shut into the wall once more. Alexander turned around and patted the wall in the dark before his hands met the rough outline of a metal lever. He felt his way to the stick and quickly pulled out before slamming it down into place. There was a slight electrical hum followed by the fluorescent bulbs above slowly radiating the narrow brick tunnel.

"[member="Uyia Wryss"] behind me, everyone else, behind her." Alexander reached down at his belt and opened the pouch attached to his belt and pulled out a small brick, quickly he pushed a button on it and a green light blinked. He smirked and slammed the box into the side of his blaster pistol and primed it. There was an electrical woosh as the cartridge attached and the weapon powered up. Alexander descended the stairs and abruptly took a right turn in the narrow hallway, before coming to a dead-end painted white. He took his hand and placed it mid-length up the brick wall on the right, and with a hydraulic shift, the white wall in front of him opened up and everyone funneled into the panic room.

"Uyia, follow me, the rest of you, stay here." Alexander then flicked his head forward, signaling for Uyia to follow. Quickly, Alex walked across the room and opened the only visible door. As soon as the door closed, he heard the noise of it automatically lock. Alexander looked around, they were now in the Premier's wing of the Palace. Alexander looked back at the metal door to see it was painted to match every other, he turned to Uyia. "You armed?" He looked her up and down, "That was a dumb question, follow me. There is an armory not far from here and we'll load up. Any questions?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom