Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A chance meeting

Gorteko listened as his masters spoke, doing his best to take in all of her words. He seemed to pickup the basic understandings but her descriptions would help him better learn the ways of the light. To see himself and the Force as one, it seemed like how his weapons are just extensions of himself; though the Force was no longer a weapon for him. Perhaps more like clothing than a weapon, an invisible fabric that sways with his movements, providing comfort and protection; that would be his new viewpoint.

"I see, at least, I believe I understand what you are saying master. But, where do we go from here?"

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Lilla remained calm and impassive, her voice level and soft, but none the less carrying authority. “Belief is the first step,” she replied. “With time will come full understanding. But as to the next step, that is for you to decide.”

“As I said before, where you go from here is entirely your decision, your path. You could take some time out here, by yourself to strengthen your connection to the light side. Or I can instruct you in any abilities you wish to learn. Or we can undertake a mission, to observe how a Jedi operates in the field. It’s your call.”

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Gorteko contemplated his options for a moment, thinking hard about what would be best for him. "Patience, belief... If time is to help my understand then perhaps the best course would be for me to stay here. I can learn while I deepen my connection to the light." It was a concerning thought to undergo this endeavor alone, but it made more sense than to have another watch his meditation.

"You mentioned a mission, is that what you'll do while I train?"

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
​Lilla nodded her understanding, her smile never leaving her lips. “I’ll see what’s required. Missions outnumber Jedi. Sometimes a skill-set means you’re chosen for a specific piece of work, other times you’re like a cab – whoever is closest picks up the fare.”

“You’ll develop quickest here, that’s for sure. And I’ll keep in touch. Once you’re ready to go further, contact me and I’ll return. Now, is there anything you need before I leave you?”

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Hearing Lilla talk about how the Jedi handle missions, it didn't seem all that different from his time as a mercenary for the Hutt cartels. He was even sure they used a similar job board type of notification for missions; but he could ask more about that later, the next time they meet.

"If it is all right with you master, could you return in one months time? I believe this will be enough time for me to complete what I need to do here. After that I should be of great help on whatever kind of mission we encounter." There was a determination to his voice, unlike anything he'd shown so far, even though he wasn't entirely sure what this next month would entail or result in. He hoped Lilla would agree to his strange request, at the very least, he wanted to achieve a connection to the light stronger than the one he had to the dark side before he met her.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom