Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A chance meeting

It'd be nice to have such a memory, Gorteko could be very forgetful at times, especially recently due to his extended stay in his hermit-like cave. Balance in the force was something he never understood. It seemed that a true balance could never be achieved as that would require all Jedi and Sith to die, something that would likely never occur. Anything more than nothing could never find true balance, that's what he believed.

It seemed they'd reached their destination, Gorteko carefully dismounted, using the beast as a brace to get back to the ground. He began to follow Lilla to her ship, the walk was short enough that he could do it on his own. It didn't seem like anything special, though he wasn't sure what to expect of her at this point.

"I see, if you think that is best, then it can wait. And I do suppose I could use all of those things, thank you."

Her ship was so large, to even have two living spaces; and to look so different on the inside, it seemed like quite the ship once you got past it's outward appearance. Gorteko nodded to Lilla as she left to prepare their journey, it was the closest he could muster to a bow at the moment. He would then find some food and drink, and began to eat. Shortly after he would head to the bathroom and get himself cleaned up before ultimately going to sleep where he was directed. He was thoroughly exhausted, both from his condition, and the wild day he's had, it took him only a moment after laying down to lose consciousness. This would be the best rest he'd have had in a long time.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
Once Lilla strapped herself into the cockpit, she spoke to her droid and between them, they set a course for Ruusan.

It was located in the Mid Rim in the Teraab sector, with two suns and three moons and once they were in hyperspace, Lilla meditated. She suspected her guest would need a long rest, and the journey would afford him that.

A soft bleeping noise told Lilla they’d reached the planet and she opened one eye. Giving instructions to her droid, they punched in the coordinates for the Valley of the Jedi. It was formed a thousand years before the Battle of Yavin and even from orbit, Lilla could feel the Force nexus, that grew in intensity as they approached it.

She was tempted to wake her guest, but suspected the proximity to the site would wake him naturally — it would be difficult for any Force sensitive not to be acutely aware of the aura of the region.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

What was this feeling? It'd be too hard to describe, he thought, should he ever have the need to. Still, it was a strong enough feeling to wake him from his deep sleep. Where might it come from, had they already arrived at their destination? His sleep must have been incredible, having had him miss the entire journey, but he did feel much better.

Gorteko began to get up, he was still probably no where near his completed recovery, but he felt worlds beyond how his did before his rest. He glanced around the room for a moment, before leaving to room to look for Lilla; which wouldn't take long considering they were only on a ship.

"I assume we've made it?" He would ask once he saw her. It was the only explanation he could find for this feeling of his.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla sensed her guest waking from his rest. She suspected it would take a few days of meals and plenty of rest for him to recover fully, but a strong connection to the dark side and some meditation would have a significant boost to his health too. So they had come to the right place.

“Yes,” Lilla replied, smiling and indicating he should take the co-pilot’s chair. "We’re closing in on the valley now — and I suspect the Force nexus was enough to wake you from your slumber. This place ought to feel rejuvenating, although it remains to be seen if there is any remnant of a dark sided taint within you. Connecting with the light side here should purge that, although it may prove uncomfortable — I can’t be sure, as I’ve never done this thing before.”

“Once we land, you can stretch your legs and if you’re up to it, we can do a little light exercise before we begin to show you how to access the light side of the Force. And by we, I mean me and my partner here.”

Lilla produced a cube from one of her pockets and rested it in the palm of her hand. Almost instantly, a small holographic image appeared and gave Lilla a small bow.

“Hello there,” the figure said in a friendly manner.

“Good…” Lilla checked the local time, “...Afternoon Master Jedi. Obi-Wan, I’d like to introduce you to my new Padawan. Padawan, this is the Holocron of Master Obi Wan Kenobi.”

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Gorteko sat in the chair he was offered while listening to his new mentor speak. Once she pulled the object out he looked at the Holocron, it was peculiar. He could never understand how holocrons worked, but he was also never tech savy; still they were an amazing technology. The man would nod to the figure once it greeted him.

"Is that what he actually looked like? Everyone's heard stories of Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi, though I've never seen any records or anything official on him. I suppose documentation doesn't last through the different empires."

Gorteko began to look around the cockpit of the ship, their ships were very different; this ship was also different from most freighters he'd seen. While he was examining the controls he was also looking for some kind of indication of how far the had left to travel. The feeling he'd been having continued to get stronger, he was wondering how much more it would grow; he still couldn't sense the exact source because of how overwhelming it was so he was unable to tell by himself the time remaining.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla pocketed the Holocron. “It must be his likeness, that’s how Holocrons work. And unlike Sith creations, this one will only work for you if you remain light-sided. It’s a standard Jedi defence when they’re fashioned. It holds all of his knowledge – which is sizeable – and so should be a good tool to use in beginning your Jedi training.”

Lilla sensed Gorteko’s next question. “In truth, I don’t know how powerful the nexus is. It could remain like this or get even stronger.”

At which point, she indicated the landscape below. “The Valley is beginning to come into view, so we’ll be landing in a few minutes. Are you still OK to go ahead with this?”

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Gorteko thought back on the other holocrons he'd seen before, they were all different than this one here. He'd never seen one that held a persons likeness in it before, the closest to that would be a generated A.I. used to access records. Other than that, he'd hardly had any experiences with holocrons.

As Lilla made mention of the landscape below, Gorteko looked out to it; it was a wonderful view, it'd been a long time since he'd seen one as nice as this. And with the feeling the nexus was giving him,it was an experience like none he'd had before.

"I think we've both come too far to turn back now." He would state plainly. They both were clearly able to decide not to go through with this, but he had no where else to go besides back to his cave, and he thought she'd done too much for him already to decide to leave him now.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

StarWars_ValleyoftheJedi_MarkMolnar.jpg

“It’s probably worth a quick history lesson, before we touch down,” Lilla said and charged her astromech with the task of landing the craft.

“At the close of the New Sith Wars, the Brotherhood of Darkness’s leader, Lord Kaan, thought to use of a thought bomb to end the conflict. But the Jedi sensed a trap, and did not commit their full army, instead sacrificing a hundred souls. The thought bomb killed those Jedi but also all of the Sith — bar one. But that is another story.”

“So, a monument to the heroes of the Army of Light was built with a mausoleum adorned with massive statues. They also placed a huge Adegan crystal in a meditative chamber for the Jedi. The monuments were made by stones that came from various planets, like the heroes of the Army of Light.”

“The should of the Jedi were eventually freed, but a by-product of all of this is that the valley became a concentrated area of Force energy called a Force nexus. It is widely believed to be the most powerful Force nexus in the entire galaxy. So we’re not just visiting a place in history, but something of a training aid. It will speed up your ability to connect to the Light side.”

Once the ship landed, Lilla took them outside. It was true, she had never felt more connected to the Force than now — and suspected that challenging tasks would be relatively straightforward here. But she was not here for her own amusement, or even learning — but to help her new Padawan.

“We can start by connecting you to the Light side. Unlike the Sith, you must start by clearing your mind of emotions. And thoughts. You will not command the Force to your will, you will seek its help.”

“Start with meditation. Clear your mind and allow the Force to enter into you — connect with it, feel its power, learn that sensation.”

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

As they entered the final stretch of their journey, Gorteko listened quietly to the story Lilla began to tell. The thought bomb sounded like a powerful weapon, but he thought the cost of using it might be to great. To sacrifice your own people for a chance to beat your enemies, it was not something he could ever agree with. Although, the idea that this historic event would end up aiding him now was a nice thought.

After the ship landed, Gorteko followed his mentor out onto the ground. The feeling was so much stronger now than before, he wondered if this feeling is what would help him. The man thought he should say something, buthe had no words to speak so he instead just followed the instructions he was given.

Gorteko sat down on his knees, his feet beneath him, and his hands folded in his lap. He closed his eyes and began to meditate, though it didn't start as planned. Out of habit, practically without thinking, he began to call the force to him, pulling it into himself. After a moment, he realized what he was doing and severed his connection, though he knew his master would have felt the dark energy he had been generating. He then took a deep breath, to calm himself. Even his dark side connection was not based on the emotions of anger or frustration, so he at least knew good ways to calm himself down.

He began again, this time he cleared his mind, just sat. After a moment he felt he might fall asleep again, though the strong feeling wouldn't allow such a thing to occur. He began to feel something else, it was like the feeling he was having, but different, like it was just the beginning of something but it wasn't quite there yet. He continued his meditation, not knowing how long it would take to accomplish his task, but he was determined to see this through.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla was blessed with immense patience. It was innate – not something she ever had to focus on, or practice – but was an ability she had since she could remember. So much so that she did not even think of it consciously – like most people with a natural gift, she had always assumed everyone was like her.

And it was a facet of her being that was entirely beneficial when it came to teaching (as well as her chosen Form, Soresu).

She sensed the build-up of dark-sided energy. It was a natural instinct to intervene, but the Force did not warn her to be careful and she knew it might be a challenge for her new Padawan, so she let it go…for now. He would find his own way – which was far more valuable than her teaching him how to find the light-side.

And, as she expected, the dark-side taint abruptly faded and she sensed nothing for a while until slowly, inexorably, she felt the light-side grow within her Padawan…blooming, blossoming.

But she remained as impassive as she had before. Time, above all, was the greatest teacher right now.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

After some time in his meditation, something began to happen. A change was beginning to stir within him. He felt connected to The Force for the first time; it was a strange feeling, not unsimilar to the one he could feel coming from the land around them. While the feeling was strange, there was something serene about it, it made him feel at peace.

Gorteko opened his eyes and began to stand up, looking to nearby loose rocks. He reached out to them and began to channel The Force. Though that wasn't quite it, it felt more like he was asking for help. The rocks began to rise up to a couple of feet off of the ground, then fell abruptly. He lowered his arm and looked to his mentor.

"I think, I think I've done it."

He knew this land would help, but he never imagined it would be this fast. Although it could be that he always had some light in him, perhaps everyone did. Another thing that came to his mind was that the fall of a Jedi only took one defining moment, maybe, this was his defining moment that would bring him into the light. Still, he knew his training didn't end here, he still had much to learn, and he needed to be able to connect to the light without the aid of the nexus. His journey was still only just beginning.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

As Gorteko’s connection to the Force grew, LIlla sensed it. It was gradual, but it was inexorable. And she sensed not just a strengthening connection — but a flow of energy to her Padawan, as opposed to the sensation when a Sith almost literally grabbed the Force to use it.

It took faith and trust to allow the Force to come to you, and Gorteko was already learning to work in this way. It was a first step — but it was also a giant one.

Lilla beamed at his display of levitation. “Yes, yes, you have done it. Many of the abilities are the same as with the dark-side, it is only the energy source that changes. How you channel that energy more precisely. And the more you clear your mind of passion and thoughts, the deeper the connection and the more control you will be able to exert. The true test will come when you are under pressure. To demonstrate the patience you have just exhibited even under duress. That will be key.”

“Practice will help you — and that you can do solo. So I shall spend a short while now teaching you an ability denied to Sith, as it requires the light-side — and that is Force Healing.”

“Tell me, what do you know of the ability?”

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Gorteko listened intently to what Lilla was telling him. So it seemed to be true, using the force here was as easy as it would get until he would learn to master these new techniques. More training would be needed to be able to use the light side without the aid of the nexus.

"I see, I will work hard to find serenity. I would be most troubled if people were to be hurt from my lack of ability to control my emotions."

He believed what he said, despite having just recently killed a group of men. Perhaps his sense of right and wrong was still warped from his Sith training, but he believed killing those men was not that bad as surely they would go on to hurt innocent people if they were left unchecked. But these were thoughts for another time, as anymore time spent on them might bring up unwanted emotions not conductive to his training.

"I know it helps recovery, and can save lives. I understand the concept,but not the practice. However, I feel you should know ahead of time, I may not be capable of such feats. My dark side ability was limited to only neutral powers, specifically, sensory and telekinetic, anything else I was unable to do despite countless hours of training. I fear my light side capability will face similar limitations. However, with that said, I will give my all to attempt to learn this from you."

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

“Serenity is key,” Lilla reconfirmed. “Regular meditation should help, as well as using a variety of techniques. They all, broadly speaking, achieve the same things, but different folk tend to get better responses from different applications.”

“I would recommend you learn The Meditation of Emptiness, whilst we are here. Empty Meditation is a technique to purge oneself of feelings to create an emotional anchor. The shedding of emotions and feelings allows you to centre yourself in simple power as well as the strength of the Force. For me, at least, it is like finding an eye of calm within the centre of one’s storm of emotions.”

“With practice, all memories as well as thoughts and feelings can be ignored or treated as if they were shadows which allows you to find a place where there is nothing else but peace.”

“So, let’s focus on that before you attempt Force Heal. Enter into a Meditative state and, with your permission, I will guide you through a telepathic link.”

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

The light side of the force was strange to him, but even in it's strangeness he found it comforting. Even using the force felt better from his one attempt at least.

The Meditation of Emptiness, this was not a technique he was familiar, though it didn't seem like it would take an explanation figure out what it was. He still received one and had he not this probably would've taken a lot longer. To create an emotional anchor did not seem like it was something anyone could do quickly on their own without practice. Thankfully his master was here to guide him.

"I do not see any reason why a link would be a problem."

Gorteko spoke plainly as he gave the permission Lilla asked for; as if already trying to empty himself of emotion. He then sat down and began to meditate, and he waited for the link to form.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

It was a common misconception that Jedi went around performing the Mind Trick all of the time. Given it was highly invasive, it was done only when absolutely necessary — and had the potential to be dangerous to the person being affected — the mind being such a delicate thing.

So, under these circumstances, anything more than a light touch — for example to share an emotion or a thought — was only undertaken by Lilla with prior permission.

Lilla sat cross-legged and closed her eyes. She connected deeply with the Force and once she felt at one with the mystical energy field, she reached out and sensed Gorteko. To Lilla it was like following the ripples of a lake — it was always a water analogy for her.

Once she sensed his mind, she slowed, probing gently, creating a contact. Once she sensed he was receptive, she allowed him to see into her mind. She led him through a swirling myriad of thoughts and emotions — akin to weathering some storm, until she reached a quiet spot in the very centre. Here, there were no emotions and no thoughts — just tranquility.

It was serenity itself in this place and Lilla allowed Gorteko to experience it, before leading him back out of her mind.

Opening her eyes, and gently severing the contact, Lilla spoke. “You will have such a place in your mind. All you need to do is find it. Then, when you need to meditate, you can return there. Each subsequent visit becomes easier and quicker. Remember, you cannot purge your mind of thoughts or emotions — not really. Merely find a place where they can be ignored.”

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

How many new experiences would he be given on this journey he was taking, Gorteko wondered. This connection was yet another interesting new experience for him. More interesting still was what he saw through the connection; It was like a storm, that was the only word he could find to describe it. Would his mind be like this during his meditation? The serenity he felt was not unlike what he felt earlier after connecting to the light side of the force, still it was a very pleasant moment.

"I will do my best to follow your lead."

Gorteko began his own meditation, attempting to recreate what he experienced through Lilla. However no matter how hard he tried, he could not find his storm. The more he searched, the more it felt like he was lost in a labyrinth. It even started to feel as though he was actually walking through this maze in his mind. As he wandered he passed doors, he could sense different emotions behind each of them. It seems he compartmentalized many if not all of his feelings. He continued walking, he felt as though the right door would call to him when he found it. He was mistaken, as the door that called to him was not the of serenity, but one of fear, if the doors were real they'd be heavy black stone, seemingly miles high, or perhaps he just felt so small in front of them that they appeared that way.

The fear he felt, this was the dark side temptation. His connection was always driven by fear; fear of death, fear of failure. That is what drove him to the dark side in the first place, it made sense that this would be the challenge he'll face so long as he tries to walk in the light. Perhaps it was his recognition of this challenge that he felt strong enough to walk away from the door. It wasn't long after that when he would find himself in front of the door he knew he needed to pass through. Once he did he felt that feeling once more, serenity, everything else seemed to fade away, this feeling was all he had left. How long did he spend in this room in his labyrinth,or in the maze itself, he lost all sense of time while he was meditating. When he opened his eyes he felt as though he had just woken up from a slumber.

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla sensed the conflict within her Padawan. It was one thing for a Sith to say they repented an wanted to walk the path of the light-side — and quite another to connect to the Force in that way. It was asking someone to change the habit of a lifetime. One that was entirely innate by now.

But she also sensed the conflict within him — which was good. He was clearly aware of his challenge and was facing it, embracing it even.

Time passed. For her Padawan, it would pass like a moment — and he would not be able to tell if he’d been meditating for a minute or a day. In truth, it mattered not at all. All that was important was the outcome. And Lilla understood that he was making good progress.

For where she initially sensed conflict, she now saw an aura of serenity.

Finally, he opened his eyes and she believed he’d truly been at one with the Force…the light-side of the Force.

“How do you feel?” she asked.

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

"I feel... Awake. I don't suppose that would make sense, but I do feel as those I've just awoken from a deep slumber." Gorteko spoke with a softer tone than what he usually used, this was of course unintentional. Perhaps it was his current state that softened his tone, or maybe it was his previous state that had hardened it over time. In either case it was beginning to seem as though he was becoming a new person all together.

The man rose to his feet and extended his right arm away from him. In a slow motion, he swept his arm down and then up towards the sky; a rush of wind ensued, a controlled breeze funneling skyward.This was a test of his ability, he did not feel as powerful as when he was connected to the dark side, but he felt much more in control. Should he ever need to fight, Gorteko believed that his fighting style would be much more effective with this improved control.

"It seems so long as I maintain this state of mind, the Force will aid me when I call for it, is that right? But perhaps I shouldn't think of it like that, more like, so long as I give myself to the Force, it gives back to me? Would that be a better assumption, Master?"

[member="Lilla Syrin"]

Lilla Syrin

Lilla nodded. The Force felt like that to her – both relaxing and invigorating, often at the same time. “It is a fallacy that the dark-side is stronger. It is an easier path, for sure, but not more powerful for it. Just different. And like anything that is different, it takes some time to get used to. That is inevitable.”

“But the fact it takes longer to develop breeds patience and this is a formidable tool at your disposal. For – Sith or not – frustration is a weakness, and you should always remember that. For the Force is your ally – not something subservient. If you are calm and patient, and make it known what you need to achieve, the Force will not let you down. It will strengthen and aid you. Try to force it and you will not succeed. Do not trust in it and you will not succeed.”

“Your assumption is right. See yourself and the Force as one. Unlike a Sith, you will never look to subjugate it – and it will remain a willing partner.”

[member="Gorteko Graye"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom