Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Call of Chaos

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
During a rather eventful trip to Stobar with Iris, Valery had quickly figured out that using blasters wasn't exactly a strength of hers. She had returned home safely, beaten and bruised, and with a new desire to at least learn the basics. But after getting patched up, the two had first decided to travel to Empress Teta to look at some apartments they could move into. Valery had already moved out of her old one and was living on the Bastion with Kahlil until they'd settle somewhere better.
Now, they were just out and about, taking a moment to themselves after a long day of visiting rooms.
"Hey, babe?" Valery asked as she spun around in her chair, clearly a bit bored.
"I was thinking — would you be able to show me a thing or two about using blasters? I never used the ones I got from Lyrrin and I found out the hard way that I lack practice." She said with a smirk as her seat stopped the moment she was facing him.
"I was always against using them but it might be worth learning the basics."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Home hunting. It wasn't something Kahlil had ever really done before. First, he lived in a palace. Then a freighter. Then The Bastion. There wasn't much of him choosing a place to live in. But for Valery Noble Valery Noble and their child? He was reading up on everything he could, trying to make sure he made the absolute best decision for all thee of them. He was reading through a small article on one of their homes, obviously focused on every little fact he could get.

".. Huh?"

He blinked, turning his gaze to his far more bored fiance. It took a second, then he chuckled. Blaster trouble.

"You never were much of a spacer." He teased slightly before clicking off the datapad. "I can show you what I know, if that's what you want."

n0m34qi.png
As she looked at Kahlil and asked her question, she noticed he was quite invested in an article for a new home. To see him so busy trying to get them the best place they could possibly afford was heart-warming, but the second it took for him to register her question was very amusing to her as well.
She pressed her lips together and pushed them forward as a result, trying to hide an otherwise large smirk.
"That would be great, dear," Valery said as she climbed out of her chair and stretched a bit. She had been sitting for way too long, just staring at nothing in particular. Something fun to pass the time was just what she needed.
"Show me what you got." she teased with her smirk finally coming through.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ah, she was teasing him. In all their time together Kahlil had learned to pick up on when Valery Noble Valery Noble was going to do just that. He didn't even need to feel it through their bond. He just laughed and stood on his own, passing by her to open up the gun case he had here in the cockpit. Several blasters were inside, most factory models. Some more.. Unique. He just took a couple of the normal blaster pistols though, handing one to her.

"We'll set up some cans. See what you can do. See if I can help that aim of yours." He winked, then lead the way off the ship to do just that. "So.. Before what happened, had you ever bothered to hold a blaster?"

n0m34qi.png
Valery smirked at his wink and followed him through the ship after she was given a simple blaster pistol. But just the unnatural way she held it alone made it pretty obvious that this was new to her. The only good thing about the way she carried it was that her finger wasn't resting on the trigger.
As the cans were being set up, Valery stared at them with determination. When she was younger, she was fairly competitive — much like one of her Padawans is currently — but even now that showed a little.
"I held them before... to throw them aside very quickly." She smiled sheepishly. Usually, her interactions with blasters involved taking them away from someone attacking her.
"But shooting a can that isn't moving can't be that hard, right?" She leveled the blaster at a can to try and prove a point, but horribly missed after she pulled the trigger. With a blank, completely embarrassed stare, she looked at the smoke coming from the impact point. She really wanted to avoid seeing the smirk he might have right now.
n0m34qi.png

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Oh yes. There was a smirk. A very wide, wide smirk. He didn't even look away from Valery Noble Valery Noble as he lifted his own blaster and shot the can dead center. Yeah, he was showing off. But he didn't often get a chance to, especially with her. Humility was one of his defining features after all. "It's very different from a lightsaber, huh?" Yep, he was even teasing her. But what was this if it wasn't fun?

Kahlil lowered his blaster to instead reach out and help guide hers. Showing her how to hold it, lining up the sight. "Some of it's the same though. Relax. Breath. Just squeeze the trigger, don't pull. You're in control, not it."

n0m34qi.png
Glancing at him from the corner of her eyes, she spotted his wide grin and if that wasn't bad enough, he maintained his gaze with her while he shot the can dead center. Her face turned a deep shade of red and her eyes quickly shifted forward again, towards the can that now lay on the ground.
"...very different..." she muttered in an attempt to hide her flushed state.
But when he stepped over and helped guide her stance and grip on the weapon, she began to smile. The teasing was a fun part of the game, but he did offer her tips. She'd also be lying to herself if she claimed to not enjoy him helping her this way.
"Breath...relax..." she said as her shoulders relaxed. She did her best to aim and squeezed the trigger, sending a bolt to just barely hit the side of the can. Her eyes narrowed instantly, that competitiveness and drive she had showing again, and she pulled the trigger a second time. Another shot that was a tad wide followed, but it glanced off of the can again.
"You make it seem so simple." She looked up and over her shoulder as he stood behind her.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I learned how to use a blaster long before I learned how to use a lightsaber. As a Sith, I only used sorcery. When I left, well." He again guided her stance, standing behind her. Hands on hers to help her level the gun for dead center of the can. The shot went off, knocking the can off it's perch. "I had to learn to defend myself. Working out, using blasters. Knowing the tricks of the trade when it came to freighter work, they all helped to keep me alive."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

n0m34qi.png
Valery stood still and relaxed her body, allowing him to shift her feet, manipulate her shoulders and adjust her arms and hands — all to settle her into a proper stance that allowed her some kind of accuracy. How easily he helped her adjust perhaps proved even more just how natural this was. He could tell her his story and help her get a first proper shot in at the same time.
"I'm glad you've become this strong." she smiled somewhat proudly as she looked at the bolt striking the can. Valery then blinked, "Strong as a person, I meant. Well and just strong..." she shut herself up and looked back over her shoulder, smirking at him as he held her in that same stance.
"You're also the best shot I know. That can shot was impressive but I know you can do even better." She bumped herself back against him as she spoke with a teasing tone that only he would understand.
"I'll catch up though..." she said, her grin mischievous.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He blinked. Slowly. Staring down to Valery Noble Valery Noble for a moment in silence. Then laughed. He leaned down, kissing the top of her head briefly. Later. For sure later. For now though, he stepped away, winking once before going to reset the can shooting range he'd made for her. "I've no doubt. You put your mind to something you get it done. I've seen that first hand, haven't I?"

n0m34qi.png
She smiled warmly at the kiss on her head and watched as he began to set up targets again. This time, she wanted to try shooting at the cans without him holding her steady. She had to learn to do it herself, after all.
"Oh you have," she said as her eyes narrowed to take aim at one of the cans.
"I'm just teasing, of course. I'm never going to catch up or put as much time into practicing as you have. But I just never again want to feel the way I did when Iris was shot." A brief frown formed, but she quickly shook it off and squeezed the trigger.
Another hilariously bad shot followed — she had a long way to go.
"I'm never going to hear the end of this, am I?" She asked with a smirk.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Maybe, but you're pretty strong. Who knows, you might be able to catch up." He was trying to keep it lighthearted, but as Valery Noble Valery Noble mentioned Iris, well. His hand settled on her shoulder, like it had before. He just squeezed, once. She wasn't alone.

"And.. No. I don't have much to hold over your head, other than anything given how short you are." He winked.

n0m34qi.png
The squeeze of her shoulder was all she really needed to have somber thoughts fade away. They were here to make sure that day could never repeat — there was no reason to linger in the past too much.
"Mhmm, but you like it that way," she smirked at his wink and slowly raised the pistol again, this time squeezing the trigger to attempt a no-look shot similar to what Kahlil did earlier to show off. But she didn't even get close, as the bolt struck the wall fairly far off target.
She felt her cheeks grow red but flashed a wide, playful grin anyway, "Had to try it."
While the two were having their little moment though, the nurse droid would suddenly appear in the doorway. It stood still but it was clearly trying to alert the two to something.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He snorted at her failed attempt, but nodded. "I can respect that." And he could. Maybe one day Valery Noble Valery Noble would be able to sling pistols with the best of them. Definitely not today. At least she was still smiling. Kahlil leaned down, about to steal a kiss when movement caught his eye. He blinked, glancing to the droid.

".. Uh. What's up Essfive?"

n0m34qi.png
She seemed quite happy that she got him to laugh at her antics — this was supposed to be helpful but there was no reason for it to not also be fun. So with a smile, she raised herself on her tiptoes to return the kiss, only for it to fall short as their nursing droid was staring at them from the doorway.
It almost looked as if the droid was judging them, but it wasn't programmed to be like that. She hoped.
While Kahlil turned to the droid, Valery lowered herself and pouted, but finally did turn to face the droid as well. It was unusual for it to appear like this, as its task of watching Vera was rather simple.
"Ah, uh Masters. I'm sorry to interrupt but we received an emergency call. A ship has crashed on an uninhabited world not far off course. They seem to be in trouble. Should we assist?"
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil had already waved his hand, calling back the cans to stuff them in a pack. Better than leaving them here. And was walking up the ramp. Someone in trouble? No hesitation from him to get going.

"You'll bring us close, and we'll take the shuttle. Then you take Vera straight home, alright?" He nodded once to the nurse droid, then glanced back to Valery Noble Valery Noble with a faint smile.

"Blaster or not, we're Jedi, right? Lets go."

n0m34qi.png
Valery remained quiet as Kahlil cleaned up their target range and handled the situation with the nursing droid. She just smiled, strapped the blaster pistol to one hip while a lightsaber hung from the other, and nodded once his gaze turned to her.
"I'm with you."
The two Jedi then moved back into the Bastion and jumped for the nearby system where the distress call was coming from. After entering the system, Kahlil and Valery took a shuttle down while the Bastion jumped back for Empress Teta to bring Vera home safely.
"You think this storm could have been the cause for their crash?" Valery asked. The moment the shuttle began moving down through the atmosphere, it was enveloped in a very turbulent thunderstorm. They could barely see anything through the window but the navigational computer made sure they got down to the ground without too much trouble.
The pair finally touched down, only a few minutes walking away from the crash site. There was heavy rain outside and the temperature had dropped to only a few degrees above the freezing point, making it a rather uncomfortable place to be. But if there were lives to be saved, it would be worth it in the end.
"Have I mentioned before how much I dislike rain?" she joked as she stepped outside and looked around.
"I think I see the ship over there — freighter by the looks of it," Valery commented. Reaching out, the two could feel there were other presences in the area, but something created tension as well. Even though their landing had been safe, this place still felt dangerous.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Really? I love the rain." It was probably the only thing he liked about being on Dromuund Kaas. The rain. The cool water rushing over his skin was soothing, especially after the beatings he'd get from his fellow Sith. Outside in the rain, he pretty quickly regretted his love for it. Here, at least. Dromund Kaas was a cold world, but not this cold. Not that he'd admit anything to Valery Noble Valery Noble about it. He had the high ground in their teasing war and he wasn't about to let it go.

"Something feels off. Eyes open, yeah?"

n0m34qi.png
"With my hair, it can get quite annoying, yes."
She chuckled and continued moving alongside him, towards the crash site. There was another reason that made her dislike the weather too but she was going to keep that to herself — he was already too far ahead in the teasing game lately. But as they stepped away from their ship, both were able to feel that something was off, and she nodded at his comment.
"I sense people but I don't see-" she stopped as a bright flash caught her attention.
With immense speed, a small missile came flying out from the surrounding area, hissing loudly as it moved past the Jedi. It struck the shuttle behind the two, resulting in a massive explosion that blew the vessel apart. The shockwave would reach the Jedi soon after but something else seemed to hit Valery as well, who screamed in agony as the shockwave knocked her off her feet.
Her body struck the floor a few meters away, where she rolled onto her back, clearly in a lot of pain as one hand covered her left hip. A piece of sharp shrapnel had struck her, and she was losing blood.
But if it wasn't bad enough, from various points around them people opened fire with rifles, looking to finish the job.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

He tried not to laugh too much at her comment on her hair. Still, he did snicker. Couldn't help it. "Part of the reason I cut my hair short." Kahlil was going to send Valery Noble Valery Noble a wink, but instead the world around him lit up with danger. His saber snapped to life as he turned his gaze. Too late to stop the missile. He was thrown forward as he was, but he seemed to be luckier. He landed on his feet, mostly unharmed save for the few scratches that now covered his skin and tore his clothing.

Then blaster fire. Protecting someone was different from just standing still. Kahlil stepped back, near over Valery as his blade cut paths actively through the air to knock back the shots. A couple connected, but he couldn't do much more than that. Not without leaving her exposed. "Focus on healing yourself! I'll keep you covered!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom