Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A call for help

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Tag: Julian Qar Julian Qar
There they were again.
Within the barely lit hallway of a familiar facility, she saw the faces of friends long gone, staring at her through the darkness with fear in their eyes. As if they were begging for her to come over and help. But no matter how fast she moved, no matter what she tried, she never seemed to be getting closer. They were alive, she could feel them, but she couldn't ever reach them.
Valery could hear their voices in her mind, calling out to her for help and bringing back memories of ancient times, but they only grew more distant. Slowly, her friends disappeared into the darkness of the haunting facility, and she was left alone once again.
"NO!" Valery called out a bit too loud as her eyes opened. Again, she found herself awake at night, covered in a cold sweat, her hands trembling and with burning pain in her chest. The kind of pain she had felt twice before when she crumbled to the ground before people she cared about. She then shifted over to the side of the bed and raised her hands up to her face as she tried to control her breathing. She needed to be calm.
Only after a moment of silence, she looked over her shoulder and saw Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , still asleep but it wouldn't surprise her if he was aware of this. This wasn't the first nightmare recently — they were getting more frequent and more intense as well. She planned to talk to him about it and to ask for his help but she didn't want to worry him yet. There was something she wanted to look into herself first.
So as quietly as possible, she got up and moved into the living room to sit down. Valery had looked into some of the best doctors in the Galaxy recently, and she had found one she hoped could help her understand more. The only problem was that he served the NIO, and with tension rising between them and the Alliance, she was taking a risk. But if he truly was a doctor, she believed he'd never turn away a patient.
With that in mind, she sent an encrypted message to him, requesting a meeting wherever he seemed fit to discuss her situation. In her message, she made a mention of being a Jedi, but she kept her identity concealed for now. She'd reveal more with time, and preferably in person but for now, she just hoped for this to be a first step towards her getting better.
n0m34qi.png

Med-Logo.png

MEDICAL REPORT
Protected Document: █ X-2292701 █
█ █ I N T E R C E P T I O N █
// Valery Noble Valery Noble \\

Pop!

"Hey! Could you fucken stop that?"

"Nah, you can get fucked! I'm on my lunch break."

It was the third time in the past minute she had popped her gum, kicking her feet back and forth like a child over the office couch. Julian had clearly had enough, a place of peace had now been infiltrated by the two trolls on his team. Vlad was face down snoozing under his small desk and Hazel had taken claim of the couch. It had turned into a war zone and they still had a few days left.

"You're taken lunch in my office, you piece of shit."

"Sure sure, it's our office until they're done fixing mi—wait, shh shh, shut up a sec." Hazel waved her hand to dismiss their banter, shifting the gesture to draw him closer. The ex slicer scrolled through the data pad, shoving away the windows of shoes and random shopping when she saw the message appear in her inbox. They had set up an encrypted coms portal years ago, offering out neutral aid for those in need…but that was back on Carlac where the microscope wasn't so zeroed in on their actions.

Hazel acted quickly, pushing her data feed further down the dark rabbit hole, and set a timer to ensure the stalled lines wouldn't get flagged. She had learned, boy had she learned in her time the meaning of haste.
"Its from a jedi, says they wanna talk to ya cuz they're real sick, says they need the bes- hahah, the best my ass." She replied with a chuckle after some moments, the energy in the room shifting slightly though he wouldn't feel it as quickly as she had.

"A Jedi? Is it Auteme?" Julian responded, inching closer with his coffee still in hand, Hazel shook her head, "Nah…this is lookin' a little….sketchy, bud…let me keep reading." She scrolled through the message again, double checking, triple checking and somehow it…checked out. At least it did in her gut, the doctor on the other hand would need some convincing that wouldn't take long. She finished up her response, while the doctor drew a cigarette to his lips as he waited.

"Are you sure?"

"What's the worse that could happened?"

"Uhhhh...you gotta fight a jedi?"

He shrugged, drawing thick smoke into his synthetic lungs. "Welp, I almost killed a sith lord once and I'm not a high value target dumb ass, just send the message."

And so she did.

Hello, we come in peace.

<< 110 145 154 154 157 054 040 164 150 145 040 144 157 143 164 157 162 040 150 141 163 040 141 147 162 145 145 144 040 164 157 040 155 145 145 164 040 171 157 165 056 040 120 154 145 141 163 145 040 145 156 163 165 162 145 040 141 040 163 145 143 165 162 145 040 154 157 143 141 164 151 157 156 040 151 156 040 156 145 165 164 162 141 154 040 163 160 141 143 145 056 040 123 151 147 156 145 144 040 055 040 107 162 145 171 >>

<< "Hello, the doctor has agreed to meet you. Please ensure a secure location in neutral space. Signed - Grey ">>

█ █ █

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
After sending out her message, Valery wasn't able to sleep anymore. She got dressed, made herself something to drink and eat, and just waited alone in the living room of her apartment. It was rare for her to be nervous about anything because she always felt confident in the decisions she made, but this message came with so much risk that she couldn't help but be a little worried.
Would her family forgive her if something bad were to happen?
She sighed and pushed away these negative thoughts. This was something she had to do, and anybody who cared about her well-being would understand. Luckily though, she wasn't kept in the dark about her future too long — her datapad beeped to signal she had received a message. He had accepted her request but also left her with a task.
A secure location in neutral space?
Valery gave it some thought but after going through her options, she found a planet between Silver Jedi and New Imperial Order space that looked promising. Hundreds of years ago, many of the survivors of the destruction of Alderaan had settled there because of societal similarities — so she figured it was a safe location for a first meeting.
With similar encryption as the response she got, Valery sent the coordinates for the planet in return, as well as the specific spaceport she'd be waiting at. A more public space for the initial meeting was likely a good idea, as it gave both sides assurance that it wasn't going to devolve into conflict. Drawing a weapon on a spaceport would be foolish, after all.
01010110 01100101 01101100 01101101 01101111 01110010
With the message sent, Valery immediately traveled there and waited at a small cantina inside the spaceport. She had ordered herself a drink and would remain there as long as it was necessary. There was no going back now — she needed to do this.
n0m34qi.png

Med-Logo.png

MEDICAL REPORT

Through the beyond he'd travel, a small detail was packed away with him. He didn't bring much, just his light kit and the pilot that carried him. The man was rowdy and spoke too fast, gnashing tobacco through a crooked smile, asking far too many questions, ramping up irritation.

"Sooo, where we goin' 'gain?"

"Velmor," He all but bit his tongue, holding onto professionalism for his first time away with the neutral pilot.

"Gooot it, don't get your panties all in a bundle now doc'y, I can feel yer bad juju from ova'hea. Imma getcha there real safe, don't ya worry your little heart." Dorian leaned his head back, giving the doctor a mismatched grin before turning back to the ship's HUD. How he hoped one of the medical transports had been available…if only…yet this meeting was far too risky for either of them to mount up and leave without getting noticed. Especially into the safe neutral space, he'd ask for.

+ + +

Unsure of who he was to find, Julian did as most patrons do. He ordered himself a drink. It'd be the usual, whiskey, no ice, and a heap of nerve easing comfort. The tender had sniffed him out, biting his tongue the moment he noticed the medical insignia etched to the tags swaying around his neck. He'd made sure to sport the same tattered robes from his time in Wistril, the holes had been patched up and the desert soil washed from the fabric. He looked like a mercenary doctor, no sign of affiliations nor his faction anywhere on his person, how he hoped she'd done the same.

He'd been thankful then that the place she had picked was run down a bit, secluded, it made finding her amongst the other life forms easy. He approached her carefully, his hand tucked into the open chest slot of his cloak, thumbing at the but end of the small blaster pistol. He was a bleeding heart…but not an idiot.

"Hello…I reckon you're the one that's been sendin' me love letters." He smirked with a small nod, the soft glow of his titanium suit creeping through the collar of his shirt. It was uncommon for him to cast away his professional demeanor, yet he didn't want distractions…not the kind that would get them noticed with the odd rumblings of bounties traveling the circuits. "We can talk here or someplace else…It don't bother me none but…" Slowly he pushed aside the flap of his robes, showing off the glinting metal of his blaster. "I always play nice…but I'm alone…and you can never be too sure." Despite the odd gesture she could see the kind air about him, perhaps she could tell this too was all for show, safety his main priority even in the most neutral of spaces.

█ █ █

n0m34qi.png
With an exhausted blank stare on her face, Valery hovered over the cup of hot chocolate that sat on the table between her elbows. She hadn't even taken a sip yet but just its presence had a calming effect on her already. As if the drink itself comforted her with more than just its taste, and through fond memories instead.
But with her chin resting on her hands and her mind aimlessly wandering off, she hadn't even noticed that someone approached her. Normally, she was always extremely aware of her surroundings, so the sudden voice being as close as it was started her briefly.
"Hello…I reckon you're the one that's been sendin' me love letters."
Valery blinked and needed a moment to process his words in her tiredness, "Love lett- oh." she smiled sheepishly and nodded, her usual composure returning as she looked the man up and down "Yes, that would be me. Thank you for wanting to meet me all the way out here." She said before she watched him open his jacket to reveal the blaster.
It was hardly surprising — she was carrying her lightsabers on her belt as well and for the same reason. Even in neutral territory and on a spaceport with heavy security, one could never take enough safety precautions.
"I understand, but you have my word that I will not try to harm you." Whether that meant anything to him, she didn't know but Jedi were not the types to be lying to doctors about these types of things. "So please, feel free to take a seat."
But that's when a moment of silence fell between them. Where would she even begin, and how would she explain her situation? She hardly understood what was happening to her; she only knew that she was in extreme pain at times and well... one other thing.
"Doctor Qar... I think I'm dying."
She frowned and looked down at the hot chocolate again, which she no longer felt like drinking at all. He was the first she admitted her feelings regarding the illness to, and it felt really strange. The idea that something was slowly and painfully torturing her to death killed any desire she had to enjoy a simple drink.
"But nobody knows why, and nothing I do has helped." There was a lot to explain here — her usual self-healing skills were able to cleanse her of diseases and even strong poisons, but none of it had helped her with whatever she was dealing with. It made her feel helpless and if it wasn't for the fact that she had kept quiet about all this, others would likely have felt the same way.
n0m34qi.png

Med-Logo.png

MEDICAL REPORT

In all his years of service, he managed the one look, the one that hung on his face speaking nothing else but simple, unmoved neutrality. He just watched her as she spoke and nodded in understanding. Patients saying they were dying was never out of his scope of work, sometimes they were right. They knew their bodies far better than any medicine he could administer. And other times they were so...so wrong, SpaceMD always pointed toward some sort of terminal illness or death. Often times there was a look or simply an aura or a feeling, one that he couldn't see from where he sat...but perhaps there was something else looming that his small stream of force energy could not provide.

“Dyin? I'm curious how you came to that conclusion...” He finished off the less than professional sip of whiskey, fumbling for his cigarette case to tap against his titanium palm softly. The glass sat at the center of the table, partnered up with the case after he decided against a smoke. The physician drew a long breath, huffing it away while he fumbled with the datapad that had been stored within the large pocket of his cloak. It may have seemed odd, a cyborg with an external device. There was something comforting about having the device in his hand he could scrub through without it all being lodged into the storage in his head. “Hmm, tell me what yer f -“ pausing he looked around, huffing through his nostrils. “Better yet…come on,” in a split second decision, he got up, making no mention of where they’d be going.

The doctor pulled the hood of his cloak over his head to conceal his face and ushered her towards the front, mumbling something under his breath about a ship. Julian poured a handful of credits on the counter for their respective drinks. Vanishing through the same way they came.

The ship was a modest vessel, it held a small medical bay with all the same fixings the hospital ship had except way smaller. Once they had made their way inside, the ebony cloak would be replaced by his well loved ivory lab coat. Underneath it all were his NIO medical scrubs, a set of holo tags and a ring hung against the center of his chest. The once dim light on his face now illuminated a vibrant crimson. He would help her onto the exam table pulling up a chair to sit, granting a comfortable distance. Now, now was the time and place for conversation. “Sorry for the silence from before...I always get this feelin' someone is listenin'..." It wasn't so much a feeling as much as it was his paranoia ramping up from war.

Through tension and his fears, he offered her a warm smile, one he had not shared outside the vessel. WIthin the safety of his ship the doctor would drop his guard altogether, "When did the feeling start? Tell me what sort of symptoms you are having. And don't be shy I've heard it all and seen it all, nothin you can say will scare me somethin' wicked." Julian chuckled softly, hoping to ease her nerves as he got himself ready for what was to come.

█ █ █

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
It was only after she told him that she was dying without much context, that Valery understood what that must have sounded like to a doctor. Even without being one herself, she was aware that people were often paranoid about medical conditions, even if the symptoms were very mild. So his reaction honestly wasn't too surprising — he wanted clarification to see whether or not her condition was actually life threatening.
"Well, I-" she was about to answer his question when he seemingly changed his mind about the location of their conversation. Now in hindsight, it probably was a bit strange to discuss it all in a cantina. Whether or not people were listening in, confidentiality was always important when it came to medical issues as well.
Valery just nodded and as she began to rise to her feet, she'd briefly turn her gaze back down to the hot chocolate. She frowned and felt no desire to finish it anymore, so she left it behind and wrapped some long robes around herself before following after him. The fact they were going into his ship also didn't seem to bother her at all — there were few people she trusted more than doctors, so there was no fear in her mind that he'd try to harm her in any way.
It would go against everything doctors stand for.
Stepping into the small medical bay, Valery looked around and first ditched the long robes, leaving herself in her typical outfit. She then made her way over to the exam table and sat down on top of it, deciding against laying down until it was necessary. Perhaps she wasn't entirely comfortable yet, or maybe she just preferred to be at eye level with him while they talked.
"I understand the feeling, doctor." Valery said with a soft smile. "This feels a lot more comfortable." She looked around again for a moment, taking in all the equipment and the room itself before her gaze settled on Julian again, who offered a comforting smile. He had change quite a bit from the man she met in the cantina, and her own smile showed that she appreciated it.
"Well, I now think this has been with me for some time already, but the symptoms weren't ever that noticeable... until recently. A few months ago, my Padawan and I were on New Cov to track some missing researchers through the jungle. We ran into a Drengir, and while I was trying to cover my Padawan's escape, I felt this intense pain building up within my chest. I've seen a lot of battle, gotten injured many times, but never before did I feel a pain so crippling. It rapidly spread through my body and sent me to the ground." Valery explained with a frown.
"I didn't think too much of it at the time, because I was just recovering from other injuries. But then it happened again, during a intense spar where my partner and I tried to push each other a lot more."
"It was the exact same pain, and now it seems to be happening more frequently. As if something woke up within me, and it feels like it's trying to kill me. My use of the Force keeps it back, but I feel like I'm getting weaker. My self-healing techniques have no effect and well... I fear that I'm not going to be able to stop it much longer."
Valery let out a deep sigh — this was the first time she told anybody the whole story. Some had seen her go down because of the pain, but none knew it had happened multiple times. So to get it off her chest brought a visible sense of relief.
n0m34qi.png

Med-Logo.png

MEDICAL REPORT

As she spoke, the conversation should have shifted the energy of the exam room to grow more somber, more frantic in nature. As if doom had marched in and stripped her soul clear of hope. Yet somehow, even through catastrophe, he had always managed to keep hope alive in the most dire situations. "We'll get this figured out, and get ya feelin' better and pain free." He gave her a small nod and smiled.

"Give me a sec here to think through what ya just told me." His brain took off like a flash, processing chest pain and with it, a list of ailments fluttered from that small space alone.

//...It could be her heart, the first culprit for most, then lungs, skeletal, muscular...//

He rubbed at his chin, going down the internalized list he had memorized for years.

//...It has...nothing to do with digestion, her breathing seemed normal from our conversation. I can hear no audible wheezing, no difficulty speaking, no slurring words... Her movements were not compromised, no strange gate on our walk, no inability to move her upper body...had she hoisted herself onto the exam table? Yes. Her chest and arm muscles checked out...//

//...Heart, again hmm....yea, think it's her heart, triggered by activity...//

...It made sense but before he even uttered his idea he stood, walking over to a nearby counter to place the diagnostic piece into his eye socket.

"From my understandin' of force healin' it's something that's either all or nothing instead of focusing efforts on a certain part unless you've trained for that. Which I'm not makin' assumptions but I reckon most folks just focus on the all over care." The cyborg walked back to his seat, flipping it backward so that the rest was now a place for his arms. The necklace around him swung and clanked against the rest before settling back in place. "So based on what you've told me, strenuous activity followed by chest pain, impending doom feeling - that doesn't seem muscular in nature is oftentimes related to the heart. Hearts can make your whole fucken body hurt, not just your chest. and we got a few fixes for hearts if that's what it is. " He paused before getting into the weeds with his medical rambles and cleared his throat.

"Hey Lody," Julian called out, leaning his head back to catch a glimpse at the little sleeping droid at the other corner of the room. "Lody, get three vials for testing, my stethoscope, and get Ms. Noble here a glass of water." The doc peered back at Valery, smiling sheepishly. The little medical droid, put on silent for a change, beeped his affirming response, zooming back with the three vials and the glass of water in a small paper cup. "Lody here is my personal medical droid, he's not commissioned by the military so you don't gotta worry about him bein' tampered with or anythin." His bedside manner sometimes lacked whenever he stumbled down the rabbit hole of problem solving. Hopefully with the little offering of water she could see that he was trying to make sure she was comfortable. Getting down to the bottom of any sickness often came with a lot of anxiety and fear, which she had and he didn't want to mount any more of it on her.

"Oh! Another thin, you're not in my system or about four seconds from dyin', so before you go off and sue me from here ta the next century I need your consent to go ahead and commence with care."

█ █ █

n0m34qi.png
The doctor was the first person she told anything about her condition, mostly because she feared the reactions of those around her. Too much remained unknown about what was happening to her, so the last thing she wanted was for them to get incredibly worried. She was already scared enough herself, purely because of who she feared to leave behind.
So for him to talk to her with hope in his tone had quite a comforting effect, and she was finally able to meet his smile with one of her own. In her mind, it also confirmed that it had been a good idea to first find a doctor to open up to. He was going to give her the facts, and his hope in her recovery, as well as his desire to help a patient, would be her strength.
"I appreciate it, doc." Valery said with a dip of her head.
She then quietly watched him go through a list of potential problems in his head. There was no way for her to know what all was passing through his mind, but judging by the way he looked, it seemed he was getting closer to an answer of some kind? One he'd have to test further, but it would be a step forward from where she was now.
"My heart? It does make sense... the pain always starts in my chest, and then expands out through my whole body." Valery said with a nod to show that she agreed. "It's when I use a lot of my energy that it strikes, especially if I'm injured as well and my body is just trying to hold on. The only thing that keeps it at bay is when I use the Force — it likely suppresses whatever is causing it until I have no energy left."
Her gaze turned away to the droid, and when he asked for it to bring her some water, she began to smirk a little. His demeanor seemed to have changed a little, which she noticed in his smile, but she appreciated the gesture. The droid returned not long after, and she'd rather quickly empty the cup before moving her legs up onto the table so she could lay down on her back. She placed her hands on top of her, just below her waist and took a deep breath.
She was ready, but the doc asked a question that made her blink.
"My consent? Oh uh, yes of course. You have my permission to do whatever you must, doc." she smiled faintly and waited for him to begin his examination. If he was going to take a closer look at her heart, or listen to it, she was quite curious to hear his response. Valery always had the heart and lungs of a true athlete, a warrior, so maybe something was actually noticeably off?
Or perhaps it would be too faint to notice?
Or even worse, she'd have to go through the pain before it could be noticed.
n0m34qi.png

Med-Logo.png

MEDICAL REPORT

Perhaps in hindsight, his request may have seemed a bit odd. It was as though he'd forgotten that she had scoured the galaxy looking for someone like him, obviously, she was on board with treatment. But, even with that knowledge his habits and methods of care were extremely hard to break, he would have asked regardless.

Julian glanced over at Lody, watching the droid swerve by his side with his request. A metallic hand flipped a switch under the droid's chin, activating his voice before taking the vials and other instruments he'd ask for.

"Now this is gonna feel cold as hell, my temperature sensors are all over the place so my hands aren't very warm…sorry in advance." He'd offer a reassuring smirk, metal hands carefully removing one of her own from her midsection. "I'm gonna take a little sample from your left arm here, Lody'll process everythin' quickly but it'll give us a bit more insights on what's goin on. Jus' relax." Julian attached a tourniquet around her upper arm, holding his hand steady at the elbow while he inserted the needle within the vein. "I'm glad you came ta me…" He cleared his throat, unsure of how to engage in small talk, but at least his words covered up the snapping sound of the rubberized band around her arm as soon as the flash of crimson sparked the vile. He moved over to the other two once the first had been complete and them placed them into the cavity of the little droid for testing. He dug into the small kit at his side and snagged a band aid with cartoon kittens and hearts, placing it over the gauze pad that replaced the now discarded needle.

"I know what yer thinkin' 'why the kitten bandages?' - Well uh, heh, I doin' a pediatrics round in some of the refugee colonies…forgot to swap things out." He smiled at her and placed a hand on her back, helping her up to sit while he slung the stethoscope into his ears to get a listen of her heart and lungs. Everything had come out as he'd expected but he could hear a mild secondary swooshing sound coming from from one of her valves. "Do ye every feel winded at all? Outta breath any?"

He pulled the instrument from his ears and swung the stethoscope around his neck. The device embedded in his hand was the final instrument to put to the test. It was placed around her wrist, producing a soft pink light. It would read through vital organs without requiring majors scans, proving to be the most valuable tool on the battle field for him.

Diagnostic Report
Valary Noble

Cardiovascular System
Pulse:
96 BPM
Blood Pressure: Elevated [174/80]
Note: Reversible heart injury !!!
Other structures:
Unremarkable

Lody 6 Intake report:
White blood cell count:
Elevated
Cortisol levels: Elevated

[ !!! WARNING IMPORTANT: Unknown blood borne parasite - no medicinal ID available, severity HIGH. Intrusive and lethal. !!! ]

Julian took a breath, reading through the report that scanned through the flashing crimson HUD imbedded in his eye. Things seemed good but there was a threat still within that even his most extensive tests and systems couldn't figure out. He looked over at Valery, drawing his heavy hands to rest upon his lap. "Things look …alright fer the most part. You have some minor damage ta the structures in your heart but I'll gave ya somethin' to help patch things up. You got higher'n normal stress levels which impacts everythin' as you know, the meds will help with that but…" He paused taking in a quiet but deep breath, "There somethin' else in there that's comin' up with no ID…I think whatever that is coupled with the damage ta yer heart is the reason you feel like…you're dyin…" He wouldn't tell her outright that it was destroying her, he wouldn't tell her that it would kill her if left untreated, instead he held onto that small sliver of hope the broken physician could muster. "Ya came ta the best, so I reckon we can figure out what we need to ta get you out of harms way, are ya up for the challenge?"

█ █ █

n0m34qi.png
The way he talked her through the process was comforting, and despite his hand being cold, she was able to keep her body relaxed. Valery had blood drawn from her so many times that it hardly phased her anymore, so she sat perfectly still and focused on her breathing while he took the samples. It was only when he produced his kitten bandaids that she began to smirk.
"It's quite alright, and I'm really glad I came as well. Just being able to talk about this and figure out... something, is already going to make me feel a lot better," she said with a warm smile. Initially, she had been very nervous about this meeting but the more she talked and interacted with Julian, the deeper her respect grew for him. It was both in the way he talked to her, as well as the work he did for his patients regardless of where they were, and who they sided with.
From New Imperials to refugees to Jedi — he was there for all of them.
"I really owe you one, doc," Valery added as she straightened her posture and kept her breathing steady. While he listened to her heart, she wanted to remain calm and make it as easy for him as she could. Which finally resulted in a question that brought a slight frown to her face.
"I do feel very tired, almost constantly. I had a feeling this illness played a part, but my life has been very hectic as well. Sometimes it just feels as if bad things all hit you at the same time." she said as a hand came up to tug some of her hair neatly behind her ear, her lips curled into a faint smile for him.
She then watched as he began to read through the data he had been collecting, and moments later he began to explain her situation. Most of it seemed minor, and he felt confident in medication being able to help address it, but finally, the real problem came up. The very thing she had been fearing, and hearing him explain it caused her to fall into a moment of silence.
While he didn't mention it specifically, deep down she knew just how bad it was. She could feel her body degrading and Valery knew that it was going to kill her if it wasn't stopped somehow. Despite this feeling though, she appreciated the hope he had, and his desire to help her get through it made her really appreciate him even more.
"I'm up for the challenge, doc. I'm not sure where to start exactly, but... thank you." she felt her eyes grow a little teary, and offered him a genuine smile of gratitude. "I uh, have been getting a lot of visions related to the planet where I was drawn out of stasis. I was planning to return to it soon, and maybe this is connected to it as well."
"If you're willing to help figure this all out, I..." she paused a moment. "I'd be eternally grateful. If I can do anything for you in return, please do tell me as well."
n0m34qi.png

Med-Logo.png

MEDICAL REPORT

The doctor shook his head, letting out an unprofessional snort in regards to her comment, "Ahh, no one owes me anythin," He started, picking himself up from the chair to feed the pooling anxiety in his idle hands. "Think if anyone owes me anythin' it's all the greenies we get comin' in that'ave never had a shot in their lives. I can't tell ye how long it takes ta get the ringin' outta my ears when those boys come in hollerin." Julian let out a small chuckle, turning his attention back to Valery while she spoke, scrubbing and pushing things back into their rightful places. Whenever pockets of silence would arise he'd fill them with comfortable hums and nods of affirmation.

"I think you're onta somethin' there, we can start with that planet first, reckon there's somethin we might be able to pin point…plant life, gases, there's really a number of things that can come up that myself or Lody 6 haven't cataloged just yet." He swung his course back around to the chair, taking a seat backward to place his arms against the rest. There he had his own moment of silence, thinking through for a moment what he had actually signed himself up for. There'd been a lot on the line and some rumblings of bounties and such making the circuit. Would it be wise for him to proceed or perhaps doubling back would have been the better option? He shook his head, yet only to himself, deciding to hell with rules and protocol…he wasn't one for following them anyways, why start now?

"You know…I uh…" He'd cleared his throat and started threading the invisible string within his fingers. "I don't need anythin…I didn't go into this work with expectations. It really muddies the waters. If you know what I'm sayin.." Julian tucked his bangs behind his ear, lifting his vision back to his patient. It was at that moment that he remembered what it was that he was set out to do.

"You know how to get in contact me. In just a sec here, I'll reach out and have Hazel encrypt a line for us and we can communicate that way. Just…let's keep this under wraps…I uh… yea. I still got a few more years under my belt and so do you, so you an I gotta stay tight-lipped about workin together." He smirked, pushing up off the seat to stroll over to where she sat on the exam table. The gentle giant extended a hand to her, a pleasantry they had not shared since striking their first conversation. "Ms Noble - It's …well hell I can't say it's be a pleasure tellin' ya you're dyin' - but, heh, a pleasure that I get ta be a part of the team that helps ya live."

█ █ █

n0m34qi.png
Valery chuckled at the joke and looked at the doctor with a smile that showed her appreciation for him brightening up the mood. Even though there was little to be excited or happy about, these little things made a big difference for the way she felt, "I appreciate it, doc. I know doctors or medical personnel typically don't feel like people have to pay them back, but just know that I'm extremely grateful. You're taking a lot of risk with what you're doing to help me — probably more than I am."
If she were to somehow be discovered working with an NIO doctor for purely medical reasons, it would likely be used against her or the Jedi for propaganda at the very least — she doubted that anything too terrible would happen to her. But if the NIO found out that he helped one of the NJO's Council Members, he could potentially risk being viewed as a traitor? Valery didn't know how they were handled by the Imperials, but she had a bad feeling about it.
So it was abundantly clear that he was placing a lot of trust in her, and she was going to honor it.
"As for the Parasite's origins, I have one idea and it's going to make this quite complex." Valery admitted, "I believe the scientists who kept me in stasis after finding my pod have... conducted some experiments on me. If that's the case, the answers might be within the facility on Onderon, still. So that's where I plan to look first."
"And of course, I will make sure nobody finds out about this." Valery reached for his hand and shook it with great determination in her eyes about it. "Thank you for all your help, and while this visit confirmed what I thought... I feel like my life is in very capable hands now that you're going to be helping me."
"I'll be in contact about Onderon and how things progress."
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom