Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Bright New Future

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Rhyssar Sundar

Hopefully, this would feel familiar.

It felt like an eternity ago that she had been recovered from that stasis pod by Ala Quin Ala Quin , and now she felt more at home in the Galaxy than she had ever before. But Valery also remembered times when that was very different. Not long after she had been recovered from stasis and figured out a way to travel around again, she returned to New Cov, where her old Enclave used to be. Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had helped her through that difficult journey, but despite it, she had made the decision at the time to isolate herself on a meditative retreat.

All to center herself and figure out how to move forward with her life.

For Rhys, she wanted to make that process a lot easier, and for that reason, she had invited the young Padawan to join her in front of the Coruscant Temple. She knew very little about Rhys' background, but perhaps this Temple would feel somewhat familiar. From here, she could figure out how to help her move forward by answering questions and supporting her through what she expected to be difficult times.

Rhys could count on Valery's support.

Rhyssar Sundar

R
Recovering from so long in cryo had taken quite a while, but she was at the very least back on her feet again now. .On her feet, and surrounded by a whole host of strange peculiarities. Some things were the same, or close enough that it seemed only eerily dissimilar, but others?
Well for one very few of the Jedi she'd met bothered with robes. Her own hadn't held up as well as she might have liked, and getting them replaced in a similar style had felt like pulling teeth. She didn't want a leather jacket, or casual training attire, she wanted what she'd always worn. Wanted her tunic and robes, the braid back in her hair, and a utility belt at her waist.
Only she didn't exactly have a Master anymore; braids were reserved for Padawans, and without a Master that meant she didn't fit the bill. Just one more change, one more anomaly.
It had been pretty impossible for her to wrap her head around, in fact it was still mindboggling to say the least. Everyone she knew was gone, everywhere she knew had changed. It was just her and Aurelius now, and even the Shard seemed a little out of its depths. She had the leather cordage of the necklace bearing it wrapped around her wrist and hand, the pale blue crystal hung freely just beneath.
She hadn't dared step foot outside since they'd brought her here, mostly she'd remained where they could keep a watch. She'd been poked and prodded and brought up to date on immunizations and the like, and all in all she was thoroughly exhausted by the entire process. Still, at least today she had an excuse to venture further.
One of the Jedi who had discovered her had sent for her. She found herself led toward the main entrance of the Temple, and when she stepped out her hands moved to lightly cover her ears. It was so much louder without the walls keeping out the general din of Coruscant, wasn't it? The world beyond was busy, wild, chaotic even. When learning under Kast she'd been housed on Onderon, and after he disappeared it was Tython they'd shipped her off to.
She'd only seen this place once or twice before. Even so as she stepped outside and approached the Jedi Master, her gaze drifted back over the monumental structure. It had been reworked, no doubt rebuilt over the millennia, but there was still something familiar about it. Something which called to her.
Focusing back on the route ahead, she soon spotted the Jedi in question and upon her approach she dipped her body into a very low bow of respect.
"Greetings, Master" she said as she rose back up, then reached up a hand to tuck her hair back behind her ears. It was long, very long, she'd need to figure out a good way to tame it. "You... Wished to speak with me?"

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Watching Rhyssar bow to show respect got Valery to smile — it was one of the few very traditional things she missed these days. So without wasting a second, Valery dipped her own upper body into a bow and looked at the girl once they were both standing tall again. "Good morning, Padawan Sundar," Valery then began with a soft smile, before raising a hand up in the direction of the large temple doors.

"I wanted to check in on you and see how you were doing." As they walked, Valery carefully studied the girl's expression and presence in the Force. She wanted to know if she was struggling, or if she was feeling alright, all things considered. Of course, the very long hair stood out as well.

Maybe something else Valery could help her with, considering just how long her own hair was.

"Several years ago, I was recovered from a stasis pod myself, so I... understand what it can be like. So, I also want to help you get through it, and make sure you can adjust to everything at your own pace."

Rhyssar Sundar

R
Master Noble bowed back to her and a sense of relief washed over the girl, she even audibly sighed. It had been strange these past few days, being around Jedi who were so much more lax than she was used to. Waves, hi-fives, street clothing, and attitudes, it was so far flung from what she had been raised around that it felt isolating and wrong. Not that she judged them, of course, it was just... difficult.
Her eyes followed the Master's gesture back to the doors she'd just stepped through, and then they were in motion. Rhyssar remained close to the Jedi, one slight step behind out of respect, as she pondered what had been posed to her. "It's all very... different, Master," she confessed, "And this world is much noisier than I remember." Outside of that though? "But I am well. Master Kast always encouraged us to embrace change, like a river flows. To trust in the Force."
If this was what the Force had laid out for her, then who was she to balk at it? Sure it was strange, her tummy felt perpetually fluttery, and the lack of any real familiarity left her feeling somewhat stranded, but she was alive and well. That was more than many in the Galaxy could say.
When it was revealed that Master Noble had also been from a time long since passed, the girl's eyes widened. Someone who understood? Truly understood? A little of her stoic composure slipped then, and she nodded her head slightly. "Does it... Does it get easier?" Her voice was something of a whisper as she asked that, "Not knowing anybody, or anywhere... I don't understand how it leaves me feeling, Master." Strange. Even a little fretful though she couldn't entirely identify such as she'd never felt it so deeply before.
She'd always been good at wrangling her emotions, but somethings went beyond what could be controlled down into innate nature.

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I'm very glad that you're doing well," Valery said with a genuine smile, but it felt as if a frown lingered behind it as well. Initially, after Valery had been rescued from her stasis pod, she wasn't struggling much either. One step at a time, she tried to figure out where she was, how to get around and to make sure she had basic necessities.

It was only later that things got difficult.

At the revelation that Valery wasn't so different, the young girl immediately asked questions that seemed to take Valery a few seconds to find words for. Her expression had grown more serious, and her brows briefly furrowed before she looked at Rhyssar with just a faint smile. "It does get easier, but it took a lot of time for me."

A part of her didn't want to explain more because it was personal, and perhaps wouldn't really be uplifting or encouraging. But honesty was going to help her a lot more.

"After I got settled a little, I returned to where my old Enclave once was, since I was a Jedi when this Temple was still sacked. To find my old home in ruins was... difficult, and made harder when the scientists who kept me in stasis sent mercenaries after me. They burned down and damaged even more of the already ruined Temple," she explained.

"But I wasn't alone when I went there. The man who joined me and offered unconditional support is now my husband." She immediately began to smile brightly, as she thought about Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble and how much he had done for her, and how much she loved him. "I took a meditative retreat to figure things out for myself, and when I came back, he was waiting for me. People like him and some of the friends I made helped me through it all."

"Now, I want to help you get through this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom