Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Bright Center to the Galaxy (Character Intro)

Kai and Gerda

K
Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

The last of the tension in Alyosha relaxed as Brie handed over the credits. He added the remaining amount needed, and the barman released the pack of Lucky Strikes.

Alyosha's cigarette was gone by then, the last of the ashes falling away as he stubbed it out in the nearest ashtray. Rather than getting a fresh one, he stuffed the new, unopened pack into his jacket pocket.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the girl enjoying her drink. Opening her eyes, she met his gaze and more or less asked where he was from.

"I'm from Corellia," he replied, and nearly stopped there. He hated talking about his family, especially his mother. His stepfather was another story - he liked to keep the man's memory alive by talking about him. "My dad was Amos Drutin, the famous circus acrobat. Well, famous back home, at least. He taught us the trade, and we kids were all set to follow in his footsteps. But then he died, and things didn't work out as planned."

Gesturing vaguely, he asked, "What about you? Were you born here?"

''Oh...''

She stopped before her gaze wandered off in both exicitement and sadness, into thoughts about the mans answer. It was not every day you encountered a circus acrobat, and definately not around here. She could see him perform, though. His stature was... well, slim enough to be some kind of entertainer. And his slightly grumpy persona from before would not come into the way during a show, if he didn't also sang during his performances. So, Brie guessed he told the truth. She loved music, so to be sitting next to a circus artist was kind of exiting.

She was not ready for him to tell her about all that he said, including a loss in the family. It was sad to hear but Lex seemed to have carried on with his life. Maybe it was a long time ago and therefore they had gone through the mourning.

''I'm sorry...'' she excused and glanced back at him with her soft green gaze. Though, his counter question made it astatic again. She should have seen it coming before she asked where he came from, that she would have got the same question.

''No... or, well... I... I don't know for sure...'' she begun and thoughtfully started to twist the glass around with one hand. ''But I intend to find it out.''

Alyosha Drutin

Kai and Gerda

K
Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

It’s not exactly a recent loss,” he said, noticing her glumness. Her sympathy didn’t mean much to him, especially since it had been years. The wound had indeed healed long ago, though the mark his stepfather’s passing had made on his life could never be overstated. Everything had unraveled the day he died.

He went out doing what he loved. Missed the trapeze by a hair’s breadth and fell to his death...” He realized belatedly how grimdark he sounded, but shrugged it off, figuring he didn’t need to explain. Amos Drutin died screwing up, sure, but he screwed up his favorite thing in the world. Okay, so maybe it wasn’t all that great...

So you’re an orphan,” he remarked. “If I were you, I’d hope I wasn’t from this dust ball. But I guess nobody can help where they’re from.”

No sooner were the words out of his mouth, a large man covered in sweat barged his way between Alyosha and Brie. “Something cold and stiff!” the man gasped, slamming his credits down on the counter. He either hadn’t noticed them talking, or didn’t care.

Alyosha met Brie’s eyes from the other side of the newcomer, eyebrows raised as if to say see what I mean? Perfect timing.

Was she an orphan? In the eyes of the authorities and most people, she most certainly was. Was not an orphan someone who had been abandoned definately? She only remembered fractions of their separation, but deep inside she knew that was not the case with her parents. They were out there. Somewhere. And she would never lose hope of finding them, even if it pretty much a full time job trying to survive through each day.

Suddenly, they were interrupted by a foul and noisey man that seemed to care for no one but himself. The bar was maybe not the best place to hope for a quiet chat could be held around. Out of impulse, Brie gave the man an annoying glance which he might have not noticed, before catching on what Lex tried to tell her from the other side. She gave him a nod away from the bar, suggesting they would continue their chat and search for a free booth or something. She proceeded to slide off the bar stool, taking her orange drink with her and made sure she would not bump into someone standing behind them.

Alyosha Drutin

Kai and Gerda

K
Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

Brie picked up her drink and hopped off the bar stool, clearly seeing no point in causing trouble. Alyosha himself normally avoided unnecessary conflict, but given the circumstances, he couldn't resist making a snide comment, damn the consequences.

"Glad to see the Hutts are more mobile these days."

The man's head jerked to the right and down in order to face him. He was several inches taller than Alyosha, but that wasn't uncommon. The man's lips twitched, preparing a biting reply, but he evidently couldn't come up with anything scathing enough, because he suddenly swung his fist at Alyosha's head without saying a word.

Alyosha reared back. The man's knuckles grazed the tip of his nose, slipping against sweat. Alyosha felt the bar stool tipping over from the momentum of his body weight shifting onto one side, and his acrobatic instincts kicked in. He'd balanced himself on tightropes from the time he could walk, and while the stool wasn't exactly ideal for such tricks, he used it to his advantage. The stool swung back, then lunged forward, launching Alyosha at his attacker.

The man roared as he was knocked off his feet, the brunt of Alyosha's weight digging into his fleshy body. Really, it was no contest - the fat man was like an overturned beetle, his limbs writhing as he struggled to buck Alyosha and flip himself over. The assassin kept him pinned down long enough to deliver a stunning blow. The man stopped flailing, knocked unconscious.

Alyosha stood up, only a little winded. None of the other bar patrons seemed concerned about what had occurred, nor did they care that Alyosha had spared the man's life. He could have killed him - and the heated vibrodagger he possessed would have made it a fairly clean affair - but he decided not to. It wasn't because he was afraid of drawing attention to himself, though that was always a possibility.

No - he had merely knocked the obnoxious, disgusting man unconscious because he knew he was being watched. Alyosha looked around the bar, trying to find where Brie had gone, wondering if she would stick around after what he just did or leave. If she chose the latter, he wouldn't blame her - it was in her own self-interest, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

The last clone

CT - 2505 (Bernie)
CT -2505 Was used to combat, he had fought in the clone wars for crying out loud he had killed droids everyday. But he had never seen someone use acrobatics like that in a fight, especially if they weren’t force sensitive which to be fair the bloke didn’t look like he was.

Curiosity taking the better of him, Bernie stood up and approached the man.

“Hey, I saw you beat the hell out of that guy. I haven’t seen anyone fight like that since master Yoda. Where did you learn that?” Bernie asked, know that he had probably taken the man off his guard and immediately regretted his sudden approach. He knew that he could be quite straight to the point, however he meant no true harm.

Last edited:
Lex's metaphorical insult to the man made a giggle find its way out through Brie's lips, though she held most of it back knowing it probably would anger the foul man. She had not taken many steps from the bar before ruckus unfolded behind her and made her turn around alarmed. Her young green eyes went wide open of what she saw, Lex swiftly with not much of a effort knocking the man out cold.

''Oh, wow! Y- you fell him like a tree!'' she blurted out bluntly. ''Wait a minute... Is he alright, though?'' she continued, glancing a bit pensive back and forth down on the man and back up onto Lex, when she realised that the fact could be more fatal than it seemed.

Another man, another spectator suddenly joined them around the knocked-out man on the floor. As usual when encountering strangers, Brie kept herself reserved while she observed the man, until she would get a bigger impression of him.

Alyosha Drutin The last clone The last clone

Kai and Gerda

K
Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

"He'll be fine," Alyosha muttered in response to Brie's concern. His lip curled in disgust as he gazed down at the fallen man. "He's just stunned."

Contrary to what he initially thought, at least one spectator had taken notice of the scene. Alyosha turned to face the third party who now joined the fray, his brow furrowing. He didn't know who 'Master Yoda' was, though he assumed they were some kind of Force user - so it was probably meant as a compliment.

"Where did I learn it?" he echoed the man, wiping his dirty hands on his pants leg. A smirk crossed his features. "I learned it in school."

As usual, it was a half-truth. Tosh Rylance's assassins did go to a kind of "school" where they were trained to kill. The facility was located on an asteroid, at an undisclosed location he kept hidden from everyone, including the young assassins-to-be that attended it. Hm. He'd have to look into it one day, after he finally killed the crime lord...

The last clone The last clone

''Oh...'' she uttered silently, mostly for herself as her glance once again were drawn to the knocked-out vile man on the cantina floor. People seemed used to the occurrence of a bar fight, just stepping over his legs that laid out half in the way. Some moved their bar stools slightly to the side, and everything were back to normal in the cantina that gave travelleres and villagers some shade and coolness from the heat outside.

Brie found herself instinctively placing herself closer and at the side of Lex, waiting for the man before them to introduce himself or something. It could have been because a tall duro squeezed himself past them and stepped over the before said legs. Afraid, she was not. Apparently the man before them was some sort of soldier, mercenary or fighter. She took a sip of the orange soft drink and spared the man an interested and curious glance.

Alyosha Drutin The last clone The last clone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom