Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOA A Breather of Sorts

Hey gang. As unexpected as this is, it's think it's a necessity right now.

Chaos now isn't the Chaos I grew up with. Let me explain that sentence. I've been writing on this board since 2014/2015, I was 13 years old sat on a little chair in my parent's living room with a cheap laptop that I was more than worried was going to burst into flame the moment I turned it on when I started writing on Chaos. To put that in context, I'm now a 19 year old with a job and a car and flat.

2015 is what many call the Golden Era of Chaos. Yeah it had it's problems but everyone got on and some of the stories told by Major Factions were absolutely amazing. Again, the biggest there is that everyone got on. Everyone was lovely to each other and everyone was just amazing to be around. Chaos was actually a really fun place to be and I swear if I could go back to being little old thirteen year old me in my space invaders onsie just to get that Chaos atmosphere I would.

2020 Chaos is nothing like that. Major factions that should be promoting faction growth are kicking them down. Major faction owners and admin teams are struggling to communicate the drama currently on Chaos is worse than anything I've seen in my six years here. Chaos has gone from feeling like that place where thirteen year old me could go and hide to somewhere I check in just to catch up on the latest drama.

Okay I might be to blame for that, I've had some big things happen over the last six years, including a diagnosis of ADHD with surprises literally no-one who wrote with me back in 2015.

My point being, Chaos isn't Chaos anymore. It isn't the Chaos that we all know and loved and honestly that's fine. Thing's change and get old and mature, we know that. The issue with Chaos is that it's changed for the worse, the drama is more consistent now that it ever has been to the point it's starting to burn people out. It's not a healthy place to be and honestly, it's quite scary some of the situations being caused by Chaos.

So, to get to the point.

I'm going to be taking a few weeks for just me. I'm currently covid positive but asymptomatic which means I can't leave my house or do anything so I'm going to use that time for self reflection and to just chill. I'm going to do things for me, ride some motorcycles alone (cause I think I can probably still do that, idk) and just really wind down and relax after the drama that has been this month's invasion season.

I'll continue to wrap up the invasion posts I'm in, but that's likely to be the only threads I take part in for the next few weeks.

Catch ya'll on the flip side.

Caedyn Arenais

C
I would like to be able to say that I disagree, but I don't. 2015 - 2016 had it's share of drama's as you've pointed out, but I also feel the toxicity has gotten worse. The best I try to do to counter this is try to be as positive an influence I can be towards others, it's all that is within my power to change.

I'm not going to turn your LOA Thread into an OOC Political Debate though. If you're at this point then I wish you all the best in getting a breather and trying to step away from any stress that's going on around you, however that looks like.

Chaos will be awaiting your return when you're ready dude, hopefully not to far in the near future! Look after yourself :)

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

I'm honestly in the same boat my man, when I joined Chaos back in 2014 I was a lil 14yr old just trying to have some fun. And I'd agree to some extent that that isn't really possible anymore to some extent.

Some people take the site way too seriously and cause so much drama and toxicity for other people over absolutely nothing. Its crazy.

The amount of lying and back-stabbing on Chaos is UN-REAL.

The amount of backdoor bad mouthing is UN-REAL.

Chaos is inconsequential when it comes to your own mental health, take the time you need. This place really doesn't matter compared to your personal happiness.

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Like I mentioned in your status (I hadn't read this yet) - Take time for you. I think that's the smartest thing to do. Especially if your health is a concern. That should always come first.

I think something that would help a lot of people would just be to simply remain open and honest with each other. A wise person told me recently that people who say "its just a game" are often the first ones to take it too far. Is that true? I'm not sure. Certainly, not a blanket truth. Either way - Take care. Be well.

I hope things get better for you soon.

I just made a blog post about this, its important to remember that it is good to take a step back from the screen, especially when it comes to Chaos. While there is drama on this site, and while there are sometimes cancerous people on here, they only have as much of an effect or power that you let them. This extends to even staff. Remember that none of the stuff on this site matters to your real life, nor can it change it.

Usually, I would say go out and live life, have fun and such, but since you have Covid play Baldur's Gate 3. Shit is fun as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom