Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bounty turned Opportunity

Slaavi Jorkunson was a despicable lowlife Weequay slaver from the outer rim, making his money off of conning simple folk and capturing innocents as slaves. One slave in particular, [member="Menka Guga"] , was one that he particularly took a fancy to. They had had some "good" times together, mostly with her being tied up and naked. He had sold her somewhat recently to a fool that had set her free, a decision Slaavi wasn't very fond of. He had put out a bounty on her so he could get her back, and make the rest of her life as miserable "fun" as possible.​
The Weequay slaver had just received a message from a certain bounty hunter named [member="Vaak Lest"]. Apparently, he had finally found Slaavi's prize. The lowlife scum now waited on his surprisingly nice freighter, the King's Herald, for the bounty hunter to bring him the Twi'lek slave. Soon enough, he could indulge in his pleasures once more.​

Vaak Lest

A Kel-Dor that isn't a jedi
Now that Vaak had a sense of who and what he was up against, he had approximately three hours of hyperspace lane travel to think of how he was going to dispose of this Weequay slaver. His Spacebook profile made him out to be typical crime lord material, just with more of a sex life than the hutts he might work with. Whether that life was associated with the pretty red twilek in his cargo hold or not, Vaak didn't really care to find out. What mattered to Vaak would be how protected this guy was. If his legion of sellswords were corrupt enough, how easy would they be to bribe? If they were in a freighter, how easy would it be to take down with Legacy's blaster turrets if he could get [member="Menka Guga"] and himself away in time?

Vaak didn't like planning. He simply had to. He preferred going in with a clear objective planned out for him. That was why he liked working with brainiacs half his size. They did the hard thinking for him and told him what order to shoot everyone in and which exits to take.

Come to think of it...that twilek must have been pretty smart if Rhodes wants this bouncing weequay's crusty hands off of her. Vaak has never been very good at smooth-talking, the only charisma he excelled at was intimidation. But now actually he felt bad for the girl. Was she going to turn out to be a fluffy puppy of a girl and be forever traumatized by being assaulted so suddenly by the intimidating giant of a Kel Dor? He certainly hoped not. She might could be a valuable asset to helping Vaak take this scum down.

His decision was made. He left the cockpit of Legacy and trudged down to the cargo hold. "Legacy, lock the cargo hold doors behind me. This might get rough."

Affirmative

Vaak made his way through the doors of the cargo hold, the door sliding shut behind him as he approached the carbonite-frozen twilek. With a sigh, questioning his judgement and coming to the conclusion that this was the correct course of action, he pressed a few buttons to thaw her out. Within a few moments, Menka would regain consciousness and fall out of her carbonite prison and into Vaak's tree-trunk-like arms. She would feel a bit nauseous and be temporarily blinded by Hybernation Sickness, which would all wear off in under an hour or so.

"Menka" he said, his voice metallic coming through his rebreather, "I have good news for you. The weequay who wants you returned is on my hit list. If you want him dead as much as my employer and I, I advise you assist me."

[member="Vaak Lest"]

Menka slowly fell out of the prison and onto Vaak, slowly regaining consciousness. She coughed and blinked several times, not able to see anything, but when she heard a voice she freaked out, and threw her fists about towards the sound, clocking only one good hit into the hunters jaw before flailing from his grip and falling hard onto the floor and into the wall, hurting her head and back and rear... she was very fragile, and falling a few feet was still super painful for her, "Ooooow! L-let me go!!" She yelled, slugging herself into the corner.

Vaak Lest

Of course, she managed to slither out of his arm near effortlessly. She couldn't escape the cargo hold anyway, so he continued, crossing his arms, "What do you know of Slaavi Jorkunson?"

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Vaak Lest"]

(Sorry about that x.x)

She shook herself, rubbing her face as she cowered in the corner, "My last owner? H-he's... over confident, ignorant, but he's got a vault so people come running to him for credits."

Vaak Lest

Vaak nodded slowly, taking a mental note of that.

"Well, i'm going to kill him. You can either help me by feeding me every bit of knowledge you have of him, or I can leave you with him when I collect your bounty. Sound good, girl?" he asked, crossing his arms and standing a few feet from her.

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Vaak Lest"]

"If you even think for a second that you'd leave me, alive, I'd track you down once I got back to my droids, and have you killed. Yeah, you can take on a couple, but try fighting off a hundred. You don't get to destroy my shuttle, my droids, stun me, and throw me in a prison, and threaten to leave me if I don't help you." She said bluntly, crossing her arms. "He's incredibly over-confident, I don't know his secrets except his favorite positions. I didn't get to sleep in his bed, you of all people should know what I could have done if I did. Last I knew he operated out of a small building somewhere in the outer rim, I mean, for his business, he didn't really have ships then, does he now? Uh, all he carries, from what I remember, is a hold out blaster, but he's a total wimp when it comes down to it. He thinks his men, because there's so many, can't stop him from doing whatever he wants. That's all I know."

Vaak Lest

Vaak saw irony in the girl talking about the weequay's overconfidence when she threatened him back with more droids. If he didn't have any respect for his employer, he might have left the girl and her attitude with the weequay anyway. Her information wasn't a lot to go off of anyway.

"He's operating on a freighter as of now. We are currently en route to him. I'd suggest you mind your untamed mouth, because you ain't the one calling the shots here. I am. This is my ship, and as far as i'm concerned about you, you're just noisy cargo with an attitude. You're lucky my employer has taken an interest in you." He spat, expressing his distaste for her. He didn't have to like her, and she didn't have to like him. But they both had a common enemy they wanted gone, and Rhodes wants to see her alive with her bounty. This was no game for Vaak, it was his career. He wasn't about to treat it like one.

"Unless you have anything useful to contribute with that hole on your face you call a mouth, I was considering freezing you again and sticking you in a box until we get to your old pal."

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Vaak Lest"]

"If you're going to act scary, then be prepared to actually do something. I'm not one of your compliant little spoiled brats that you deal with on a day to day business of running around the galaxy as some puppets playtoy. I lived in the life that you grew from, there's a reason why I wasn't scared of your grenade, or a blaster you put in my face. If I go back to that life I'll die, I'm almost used up; a man saw that and he saved me from it, and he was killed by that slimeball weequay for it. So my truly unclean mouth will never be clean, and it'll say the truth every ti-" her voice was beginning to raise towards the end of her sentence but she gasped, her damaged lungs kicking up the proof of her damaged body from over the years.

She doubled over in pain as it felt like her lungs were burning and her throat couldn't pull in air. Her hands scrambled to reach for the mask she kept by her side on her waist but it was gone, probably taken by the bounty hunter for whatever reason.

Vaak Lest

In truth, Vaak never noticed anything of the sort. It was probably left on her shuttle, kept safely with it's shattered windshield and fried cockpit door at the Nar Heska spaceport.

He stood there and watched her convulse, scoffing at her. "You're different than the rest. Yeah. That's what they all tell me." Concluding that she was going to be no help to him, he opened the cargo hold door behind him and left, locking it behind him. "Rhodes better have a good reason to bring this schutta in alive..." he murmured as he retreated to the YT-2400's cockpit.

[member="Menka Guga"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom