Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bounty turned Opportunity

Rhodes sat behind an old wooden desk, fingers calmly laced together and mask upon his face. The oval office he sat it was dim-lit, it's source of light coming from electric torches on the walls. He was meeting [member="Vaak Lest"] in an abandoned warehouse, sitting right in the lower levels of Coruscant. It was dangerous conducting criminal business on the city-planet, but Rhodes wasn't afraid. He was a Sith, after all.​
He had summoned the Kel Dor mercenary for a search and rescue mission of sorts. There was a particular character that had been stirring up a bit of commotion as of late, and she had caught his interest. Unfortunately, it seemed she had a bounty on her head. He was going to send in Vaak to 'clean up' the situation, so he could proceed with business. He would stare at the rusty door, waiting for the bounty hunter to arrive.​
[member="Menka Guga"]​

Vaak Lest

A Kel-Dor that isn't a jedi
Legacy broke Coruscant's atmosphere for the first time. This was Vaak's first time ever coming to the popular city-planet of the core worlds. Rather surprisingly, too. With all that Vaak had done in the past, one would suspect at least one of his past employers would have had him do something here. There was just so much to do there.

The YT-2400 light freighter navigated its way through Coruscant's skyscrapers and down below through some tunnels, leading to the infamous lower-levels, where his past employer, [member="Lord Ajihad"], though known to Vaak as "Rhodes" , had contacted that he wished to discuss a contract. Personally. It was somewhat flattering to Vaak that he was the very first bounty hunter the mysterious man had called upon for something apparently too sensitive to discuss over the holo.

Legacy touched down on a landing pad and the loading dock opened up. Taking loud, heavy steps off of it was Vaak, the massive kel-dor man, wearing simple civillian clothing as of now, though with giant combat boots that almost shook the ground at his feet with every step. He took a deep, electronic breath through his rebreather mask. Coruscant's air smelled of monkey-lizard droppings tonight. It didn't bother the giant of an alien much. Hell, Dorin didn't smell a whole lot better.

Making his way inside, Rhodes could probably tell he had arrived just by the footsteps nearby. It would not be long before the bounty hunter would reach the old rusted door and open it up, having to duck down a few inches to get through it. Shutting it behind him, he pulled up a seat, which looked comically small for the oversized alien as he hunched down and squatted to sit himself into it.

"Rhodes."

The masked man indeed knew the Kel Dor had arrived quite awhile before he had stepped foot through the door. Not through the force or security cameras, but through the loud echoing noise of his boots stomping through the halls. This caused a slight frown to play across the crime lord's face. This was an old warehouse, and he didn't want his bounty hunter falling through the floor.​
Rhodes waited a moment for the massive alien to squeeze himself into the chair before proceeding. As he spoke, his voice would go through a voice changer, making him sound almost like a robot or an old AI. "Vaak Lest. You have been summoned because the Black Sun Syndicate has need of your talents. There is a former slave with a bounty on her head that I am interested in. You are to capture her, collect her bounty, then kill the man who placed it on her head. You will then bring the girl, the bounty, and any loot back to me. You will be paid upon completion of the job. All of the details you need have been sent to the datapad in your gauntlet. Do you have any questions?"
[member="Vaak Lest"]​

Vaak Lest

Vaak absorbed the information like a sponge does water. Nodding slowly, Rhodes asked if he had any questions.

"Yeah. Who's the guy who wants her that you want dead?"

[member="Lord Ajihad"]

(Doing this on my new Rhodes/Janus alt now)

Rhodes continued to stare ahead, the black pits where his eyes should have been seeming to suck the light out of the room. "Your target is a small time slaver and shouldn't present much challenge to a bounty hunter such as yourself, though it is possible they have hired security with them."
[member="Vaak Lest"]​

Vaak Lest

Vaak nodded, reaching his bulky arm up and checking the details on his gauntlet before standing up. "I'll bring her in." He started off from where he came from, beginning to return to his ship. Before preparing for takeoff, he linked the details from his gauntlet to Legacy's AI so he could listen to the in-depth details of where the best place to find the slaver and the twi'lek girl, apparently called [member="Menka Guga"], to slay her aspiring captor, and bring her back for a fat paycheck.

[member="Janus"]

[member="Vaak Lest"]

Menka was in the small markets of Nar Haaska, buying some salvage, ore, and other small trinkets. She wasn't picky, and little things interested her as much as the really good stuff did. Unfortunately small trade planets like this were the only places she could really with the number out on her. "Come on, hurry up guys!" She was moving quick through the stalls to look at what was for sale as two of her UUD-1 droids used a hovering cargo cart to hold everything she was buying and trying to keep up with her, they were armed with sub-standard blasters, hopefully to make mediocre onlookers think twice.

Vaak Lest

Course set for Nar Haaska

Seemed like a normal world to be on. It was not visited often, always overshadowed in terms of trade by worlds like Nal Hutta and Nar Shadaa. Nobody, not even Vaak, would have thought to check there first. Thankfully, the details on his gauntlet helped him triangulate possible worlds where the woman would be.

Legacy jumped out of hyperspace and descended into the planet's atmosphere. Before he touched down at the spaceport, he pulled up an identification picture of [member="Menka Guga"]. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Red twi'lek, some black makeup, scars. Or maybe theyre just tattoos. Some people are into some wierd poodoo.

With Rage hanging from his belt and his power gauntlets fully charged, Vaak stepped off the loading dock of his YT-2400 and began his search through the city.

[member="Vaak Lest"]

Menka had to get a second hover cart since she had to get more scrap, she nearly forgot her supply was a little low, and someone was trying to get rid of some debris, the only problem was that her droids were now occupied. She was entering the space port to her shuttle, her ship was in orbit being operated by the rest of her droids. "I need like, a cargo shuttle or something at some point, otherwise it'll always be small shipments like this, and I can't expect you guys to know what you're doing every take off and landing..." She sighed, ushering them to the shuttle as she looked up towards space, the day nearly being over.

Vaak Lest

It didn't take very long to find her. Conveniently, she was entering the spaceport as he was leaving. Vaak stood to the side in the shadow of the spaceport, silently watching the red twi'lek and her posse of little droids. He would wait and stalk his prey before pouncing. He stuck to a crowd of people as he tailed her, but would be a head taller than everyone else. Hopefully another alien wouldnt be so out of place here.

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Vaak Lest"]

"I need to upgrade your locomotion you clunkheads, your strength should be enough for those carts... maybe you need a tune up... when did I make you guys anyway?" She giggled, following behind them into her shuttle. She made her way to the cockpit of the shuttle and prepped it for take off as the droids secured the cargo and got in their ready positions. "Cargo secured Captain." "Alright, let's get back to the ship." She said as she engaged the ramp to close.

Vaak Lest

Through the corridors of the spaceport, he trailed the small, red twi'lek. Her droids made it easier since they made so much noise.

Finally, he found her shuttle. By that time, she had just climbed up the loading ramp. Vaak took his carbine-sized wookie blaster into his hand and sprinted up the loading ramo before it could close on him. With the only exit of the shuttle now closed, he set his blaster for stun and turned the corner. One of her droids made a loud beep before the sound of a blaster bolt stunned it, filling the shuttle with the color green as the projectile met its mark.

With heavy, threatening footsteps, the giant Kel Dor made his way toward the cockpit, stunning any other droids that stood in the way.

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Vaak Lest"]

Menka suddenly started hearing blaster fire and her droids screaming and falling to the floor, she was scared to death, the person on board must be here for her bounty, as the only thing worth stealing really were her droids, and she was thinking who ever was destroyed them. She quickly shut the cockpit door and grabbed her small blaster, shooting the panel to force it shut. "I don't know who you are, but I'm not going back! I don't care what you'll do, I would rather die before I go back, you don't know what it's like!" She yelled at the door, leaning against the wall beside it, "I'll never go back to a life like that, never again!"

Vaak Lest

They always lock the door.

Vaak sighed, reaching down and unhooking a thermal detonator from his belt. Pressing the button, the beeping would echo through the corridors as he placed it by the closed door.

"Open up or blow up"

She had only one chance. Forced removal of a door and possibly the entire cockpit of her shuttle, or open the door.

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Vaak Lest"]

She shook her head and knocked on the metal door, "You better hope the blast kills me, like I said, I'm not going back, I'd rather die. But does that slimeball really want me back dead? Think about that! Going back to that creep with a dead body!" The cockpit was very small, as a reference no bigger than a Lambda-shuttle cockpit or YT-1300 freighter, which could mean she would either die, or be badly wounded, especially being against the wall

Vaak Lest

She just has to be a suicidal schutta, too, huh? Today really was Vaak's lucky day. He left the detonator on the door beeping, but disabled it's fuse so it would not go off. Just keep beeping.

In the meantime, Vaak trudged back out and opened the loading ramp, approaching the back and aiming his left gauntlet at the shuttle's engine. An ion blast erupted from his hand, disabling the engine completely, just in case she tried to take off while he thought of a way inside.

Well, obviously.

Vaak approached from the front of the ship, appearing in front of the cockpit outside the windshield. He crossed his arms and stared at [member="Menka Guga"] from outside as intimidatingly as possible. Meanwhile, the thermal detonator on the door continued to beep as if counting down.

[member="Vaak Lest"]

She stayed there, cowering, holding the blaster tight to her chest as she heard that beeping, but then she heard the ramp open... she quickly raced to the console and shut the ramp again, activating the ships shield, not noticing he was outside as she pulled back to her little seat on the floor by the door, closing her eyes as she wasn't scared anymore, but depressed. "Stalemate!" She yelled... she wished there was security on this planet... but then that would have made it easier for any mediocre bounty hunter to find and snatch her up... on a common world, anyway. She thought to call her ship for assistance, but why call for her droids to come down in a military drop on a planet that could get her targeted, her ship destroyed, and if she was dead... it was all no good... but it doesn't matter, she wouldn't go back.

Vaak Lest

Did Vaak feel any remorse watching the woman cower on the floor like she was going to die? No. Because where she was going, she wouldn't be treated as a slave. If Rhodes wanted to see this woman so badly that he would have Vaak shoot her captor dead, he must have use for her.

Vaak viciously thrusted his arm toward the windshield, the fist of his lefr gauntlet launching off of his arm like a rocket and shattering the thick windshield, demonstrating the raw power of Vaak's Power Gauntlet. With the glass gone, Vaak levelled his blaster at [member="Menka Guga"]. "You'll be in good hands soon enough, girl." was all he said as he pulled the trigger to stun the girl where she sat.

[member="Vaak Lest"]

Menka suddenly was thrown down as the explosion erupted in the cockpit, rupturing the windshield and the shuttle powered down. She shook and shuttered, trying to get up after the blow. When she saw Vaak climbing in she tried shooting him with the blaster she had. Partially disoriented and horrible aim combined, she didn't hit one time, and before she finished firing he shot her and stunned her, making her pass out.

Vaak Lest

Vaak was surprised to see the girl shoot so fast. It must have been the adrenaline pumping. She was fast, but she was frightened, or perhaps just inexperienced, because she missed the big target outside the windshield, now shattered.

The giant Kel Dor was relieved to see his stun bolt hit its mark. The twilek girl stopped struggling and went limp, her eyes closing as she lost consciousness. Vaak pulled himself clumsily through the broken windshield and tossed a CryoBan grenade at the unconscious twilek to temporarily freeze her in carbonite for transfer.

After managing to escape back through the broken windshield, as the cockpit door was still stuck closed, Vaak carried the frozen girl out of the spacedock to be met by a squad of four armored soldiers pointing blaster rifles at him. "Halt! We know what happened in there, alien, where are you taking this woman?"

As if he was used to this, Vaak set the Carbonite-frozen woman to the side and pulled up a profile of [member="Menka Guga"]'s bounty. He showed it to the soldiers, "She is a wanted woman. I am detaining her."

One of the soldiers sighed and shook his head, mumbling something about Bounty Hunter Scum. The lead soldier nodded and made a motion with his hand, causing the squad to lower their rifles. They were in Hutt space. Bounty Hunting was a rather common occurence out here, even if the local law enforcement looked down upon it. "So be it. Move along."

It wouldn't be long before Vaak made it back to Legacy, storing the carbonite-frozen woman in an interface similar to the one used to house the frozen Han Solo in Cloud City so that Vaak could more easily monitor the woman's vitals and status of her freezing. Checking on it, it was a good thing Vaak hurried, she was only minutes from thawing and regaining consciousness.

As for Menka's shuttle and droids, they would reactivate after about a half hour and likely fix the damages made to the cockpit for her, but Vaak didn't know, they were her droids. Why she even had so many was a mystery to him. Her shuttle would remain untouched in case Vaak would return her after his job would be completed.

While his precious cargo sat comfortably in Legacy's cargo hold, Vaak set coordinates for wherever the original Contractor for Menka's bounty would be waiting. In the meantime, Vaak hailed the dead man from Legacy.

[member="Janus"] / [member="Menka Guga"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom