Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bachelors Tomb [FOSB]

Rausgeber's face on the screen dropped somewhat. As if it were deflated. "So that's how I went out...." The droid mused, "Not with a bang, but with a proverbial whimper..." The droid looked down at the floor, as if ashamed, before turning to the Major. "I would have no idea about such matters." Carlyle said, "A man of my... skill would have naturally made enemies." He paused, "Too many to count."

"I would personally suspect SIS, and the Galactic Alliance." Carlyle said, "They have always been the underhanded sort. Emotionally unstable. Often vengeful and bitter at their loses." A grin crept onto the holograms face, "Losses I of course inflicted." He narcissisticly mused, for all to hear. "However, it could also have been the Silver Jedi. They ineptly blame me for their failings, and could have been the ones to have deludedly attacked me."

"However, if you wish for more accurate information, rather than vague suspicions, which I assume you have already covered, than I am of no help." Rausgeber informed the trio of assembled agents. "My last update was three days before I-" The droid paused, "Carlyle," It corrected itself,
"Left for Zonama Sekot."

[member="The Major"] | [member="Ezra Klev"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"]

Progflaw99

A quiet hum of the micro-repulsor filled the air as the DRK-1 Probe floated through the halls of the Admiral's residence. It's current command had been to observe and record the state of Admiral Rausgeber's residence, as a matter of record. Until several moments prior, it had been doing just that when it detected a sudden power surge coming from another part of the building. Zooming quickly towards the source, it buzzed past several others, its singular eye locking on to the robotic form which seemed to carry a persona of the Admiral himself. Of course the drone remained silent, but those observing on the other end were anything but - the very features of the Admiral projected on the droid's screen. As the droid's dialogue unfolded, a flurry of activity began to occur back at the FOSB Headquarters.

Sitting at a console, a particularly hawkish looking technician punched at a few keys rapidly, his eyes growing wide as he recognized the features displayed on the droid's screen.

"Th-That's A-Admiral Rausgeber... H-He's supposed to be... dead?"
A quiet shuffle of feet moved over towards the man, a supervisory agent leaning in close as he scanned the screen in front of the tech. An expression of disbelief crossed his features, his hands immediately reaching for a comm device. He tapped his finger on the desk, words struggling to fall free of his open mouth.

"Get this recording uploaded to the Moff Council - immediately, and alert Supreme Commander [member="Asharad Graush"]. He'll want to know. Oh! And get a line to Moff Calgar, he'll want to know about this."
pkorOTy.png
An shrill chirp would sound from the droid, a communication cutting through to the agents on site via an encrypted channel.

:: This is Moff Calgar - detain that droid at all costs. I will be on site in five minutes. ::
Truthfully, it would have been the job for the FOSB, but they were already there - and he had his own reasons for taking personal interest in this endeavor. If it truly was the conciousness of Admiral Rausgeber, there were things he needed to know, things he could use to his advantage in the coming days. It helped to have an ear to the ground, and hired eyes and ears everywhere.

[member="The Major"] | [member="Ezra Klev"] | [member="Robogeber"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"] | [member="Ignatius Rausgeber"]

The droid's head piqued at the transmission, and a scowl came over its face. Blue, glowing eyes glowered, but the droid remained somewhat calm. "I do suggest you people use more encrypted communications software." The droid coldly informed the assembled group of FOSB agents, "Or at the very least, attempt to encrypt your signals."

The droid moved over to his bed, passing the trio of FOSB officers, before sitting down at the end of the bed, crossing its arms. "I will wait here, and will not be detained." The droid commanded, in a cool, dictatorial manner.

It glared specifically at the bespeckled major, "I want it noted Major Shepard, I," It pointed at its chest, "Chose to be interviewed, and examined, and I was not forced to." The droid then huffed, "I am here, by my own will."

[member="The Major"] | [member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Ezra Klev"]

"Noted, Sir."

It was about the only time Sybil was ever relived to see one those irritating probe droids running amok and fouling a potential scheme with transparency. If this robot was claiming to be the avatar of the late admiral then the Order stood to gain a valuable asset at a critical point. She imagined the machine would have to be examined and a number of tests would have to be conducted to ascertain if putting this robot in place would cause an unnecessary risk to the Navy. Luckily the minutiae of those frankly mind numbing undertakings were not her expertise -or job.

"Might I add that your. . . existence speaks volumes to the foresight of your predecessor. I do hope the coming cross-examinations are conducted swiftly and respectfully, Sir. That you may take your previous post and continue your grand work."

Call it positively spinning the threat of coming interrogations. You wouldn't detect the hidden intent by just listening to her speech or hearing her chipper tone. The Major could only hope that her superiors would reduce this highly polished chrome bucket to spare components if he proved to be any kind of hindrance to the First Order.

[member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Ezra Klev"] | [member="Robogeber"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"]​

Progflaw99

He wasn't sure exactly how many minutes had passed, or hours if any. All he could focus on was that the FOSB had somehow failed when they'd closed the file on one, Carlyle Rausgeber. The military had done their brief and to the point investigation, and even the FOSB had conducted their own after his disappearance but by all accounts he'd been vaporized in the heat of battle. Now, there was contradictory evidence - or rather new evidence pointing to the contrary. It was due to Moff Calgar's veiled past that he'd been cleared to see to the matter personally, rather than his position as minister of security.

As he arrived by speeder, there was little for him to do but disembark, his typical Moff Uniform only accented by the sidearm at his hip. Though it was forbidden in most of his interactions, he preferred to carry it whenever the chance arose - Dante didn't like to be caught off guard.

Perhaps that was why this particular affair had him so out of sorts, his mind wandering to the prior several weeks, months. Could anyone have seen this coming? Doubtful. By the robots own admission, the Admiral himself was probably the only one he knew about such a failsafe in the wake of his own demise. It was interesting to ponder but as the leather soles of his boots came to the residence the Moff's attention was drawn again to the task at hand. It took him only a few moments to reach the room where they had discovered the automaton, the door sliding open before he stepped inside.

"Agents." he said. "And this is.. the droid claiming to be Admiral Rausgeber I presume?"
[member="The Major"] | [member="Robogeber"] | [member="Ezra Klev"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"]

The droid stood as soon as it heard the Moff enter, and when the FOSB head walked into his bedroom, the droids holographically projected eyes glazed over the man. "Moff Calgar, a pleasure." The droid began, floating over to him. The sound of the repulsorlift spreading throughout the room as it crossed to the incoming government official, extending a cold, robotic hand.

The droid listened to the Moff's statement, and the projection frowned at the words. "Moff Calgar," The droid began, in a cool, yet even tone. One which contained the barest hint of an edge, "I can assure you sir, that I am Carlyle Rausgeber." The droid said, "Perhaps not physically, however, mentally, I retain the Fleet Admiral's faculties."

"His mind. His memory. His legacy."

[member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="The Major"]

Progflaw99

A cold appraisal of the droid was evidenced by the silence separating the two, the droids extended arm garnering nothing more than a glance from the Moff. The silence hung in the air for a moment as Dante appeared to process the information professed by the machine before him. An interesting claim, though how could he confirm it? No doubt the First Order Security Bureau had tech that could perhaps verify some of the information the droid was declaring, though Moff Calgar was no scientist. Maybe brain waves? If the droid in front of him truly did contain the stored consciousness of the late Admiral Rausgeber, there should be some way to compare the electrical signals within the droid brain to historical scans of the Admiral - yes, that could do it.

"Well then, Mr. Rausgeber." With a quiet motion he removed his gloves, gently grasping them in his hands for a moment. "First Order of business - is to validate your claims. Lucky for you I think we have just the thing."
Tapping his communicator, he gave a silent signal. In a moment, two stormtroopers geared in gloss black armor wheeled in two large cases. Silently they dispatched their cargo, snapping open the latches before removing a myriad of electronic gizmos and gadgets. Whatever it all was, Dante had faith that they would get to the bottom of the strange circumstances they found themselves in. With an eye towards the agents in the room, he spoke once again.

"I trust you have the skill to utilize the equipment on hand to compare this droid's electrical signals with those of the late Admiral?"
[member="The Major"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"] | [member="Ezra Klev"] | [member="Robogeber"]

"Of course. It would be a distinct pleasure, Minister!"

It was probably one of the most difficult moments of her life: to contain the utter elation and joy that had suddenly punctured her core and caused her morale and well-being to soar clearly amongst the clouds. The tantamount of her entirely was bent in not crunching her hands in excitement or biting her lips to the point of bleeding.

To poke. To prod. To discover. These were the things that left the good Major filled with a feeling of belonging. And as if today couldn't get any better the orders were to meddle about with a robot. Turning to [member="Robogeber"] with a glint in her eye that could be described as outright psychotic, the Security Bureau operative canted her head and offered some words of respite while already brandishing a pair of instruments.

"Worry not, Sir. We are quite throughly trained in the use of these devices. You won't feel a thing. . ."

Why, in almost any other company, the now advancing Major would be laughing at the obviousness of her statement.
[member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Ezra Klev"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"]

The droid glumly sat there, watching Calgar. Decidedly, the droid hid its disdain for the Moff's next movements behind a stoic facade. The droids memory bank burned with hatred. Hatred Carlyle would have felt at this intrusion. However, the survivalist protocols of the droid would allow this intrusion, for now. "Excellent idea." The droid drily replied, as the two stormtroopers heaved in the crate. The droid watched with some caution as it was opened, exposing the wires, and electronics.

The droid knew what was coming was inevitable, and decidedly went to assist the group. He held out a palm, "Please Major Shepard, allow me to make your journey a little easier." The droid began, before unbuttoning the white tunic it wore. The droid then let the fabric fall to the ground, and exposed itself fully to the assembled FOSB and government officials.

Despite the regal cloak, and almost presence the droid held, its body was far from it. The tunic certainly added to the visage. Making the droid seem larger than what it was. Now, it looked emasciated. An almost skeletal form. Crudely, large cylinders had been welded to its abdomen, scorching the metal from the dull ivory, to a dark, carbon grey.

The droids, still leather gloved left arm gestured to a larger cylinder, with a green light flickering on it. "This Major Shepard is the one you seek." The droid said, "My memory."

"I only ask you be careful."

[member="The Major"] | [member="Dante Calgar"]

Progflaw99

He took a step back, leaning against a small shelf as the agent stepped forward with task in hand. Dante was no stranger to information extraction, at least in the conventional sense but he was more accustomed to... biological extraction, not this. Even so, he supposed, this wasn't a job for a member of the Moff Council, regardless of his background. It was with that thought he watched momentarily before pushing off the shelf. Tucking the gloves into his belt, he took a step closer.

"Admiral Rausgeber, you woudn't happen to have any spirits about? I've got a thirst."
The way it was phrased was innocent enough, but there was a quiet edge to the man's voice. It would be hard to tell if he was being facetious or genuinely asking - but as silence filled the air while Agent Shepard went to work, the Moff began to tap his foot, an expectant gaze falling upon the visage of the late Admiral. Even if he did manage to prove that the Admiral was in fact the Admiral, it would be an interesting task to sell it to the Supreme Commander. Perhaps with an attache, an embedded agent at his side... No matter. The specifics he could figure out later, right now Moff Calgar was more interested in a strong drink.

[member="The Major"] | [member="Robogeber"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"]

Nodding politely at the now disrobed robotic representation of the late Admiral, the agent otherwise known as the Major got to work on the proffered cylinder. Passing her fingers gingerly about the exoskeleton to give the impression of careful consideration, the agent wasted no time on further pomp; she hooked up one of the devices to a dataport on the protected cylinder and ran another strange wire from the scanning device. This white cord somehow latched unto a hidden port fixed upon the woman's spectacles.

"Ahem. . . Admiral Rausgeber: please continue speaking to the Minister while I process this datapoint to see how your electrical signals match the organic Admiral's recorded brainwave patterns. You'll find we'll get a more thorough reading this way."

In just a few moments her glasses were buzzing with heat as tiny microprocessors strained to quickly record as much programming information on what had to be a full blown A.I. It was a proactive, precautionary measure -in case this skeletal husk of metal decided to develop quirks that could be harmful to the Supreme Leader's plans.

[member="Robogeber"] | [member="Dante Calgar"] | [member="Emilia Ravel"]​

The droid internalised all its anger and frustration as the Major began to tug and tease at the droids memory processor. Such waves would display upon the Major's glasses. However, Rausgeber was not one to tell the Moff off. "With pleasure, Moff." The droid coolly informed the government official, the droid pointed towards a book shelf, adorned with a deep green bottle. A stormtrooper reached to the shelf, and glanced over the bottle, "It's a Dossunian scotch. Dated back nearly two centuries."

The droid frowned, "I was saving it for my wedding night, and then, well..." The droid pouted, "I never got married." The waves of data changed, and now displayed a sadness. Sorrow. In real time, the droid was changing its emotions, and all of this for the FOSB Major to observe with her glasses. Carlyle stood there, and his eyes now glanced down at Shepardt. "So, have you received enough data, to determine my sentience?" He sardonically asked.

[member="The Major"] | [member="Dante Calgar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom