Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC 7th Pergitorian Infantry Regiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
1487130616477.jpg

“By order of the Preceptor and by the Holy Power vested in him by our Lord, the Church has deemed fit to raise a regiment of the faithful to take His word to the stars and to hold back the Darkness that does threaten His Will.”
~ Father Isiric’s declaration announcing the formation of the 7th infantry regiment.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: to provide the ORC with a military regiment tithed from a world under it's control.
Image Credit
Links: N/A

“There are no miracles. There is no 'Force’. There is only our faith and the Lord. All else is heresy.”
~ Chaplain Grier, 7th Infantry Regiment
GENERAL INFORMATION
Unit Name: 7th Pergitorian Infantry Regiment
Affiliation: ORC, Pergitor
Classification: Infantry Regiment
Equipment:
  • Blaster rifles
  • Durasteel armor
  • Other basic equipment
  • Heavy repeating blasters
  • Infantry Support weaponry
  • Hostile Atmosphere Survival equipment
“We serve the Preceptor and Pergitor with our faith and devotion, and without sacrifice our faith becomes meaningless.”
~ Sgt Faran Ryder, 7th Infantry Regiment
COMBAT INFORMATION
Availability: Unique
Deployment: Mass
Strengths & Weaknesses:

• Obey Without Question - Raised from a young age to follow the orders and edicts of the Church and the Preceptor, soldiers of the Pergitorian military carry such unquestioning loyalty into war. Whether given the command to take a position against suicidal odds or to move behind the lines for rest and refit, their adherence to their chain of command is commendable by many, though concerned by those seeking more flexibility in combat.
  • Die Standing - Born to a world of industrial pollution and religious dogma, the Pergitorians are both stubborn in their mannerisms and unshakable in their faith. In combat, they are liable to ignore orders to retreat, even when tactically sound to do so. In turn, their foes find dug in Pergitorians a tough nut to crack, something the men and women of Pergitor pay dearly for in blood and steel.
  • Go, Boys, Go! - Trained and equipped as infantry, their faith and determination coupled with their unwillingness to give ground to the enemy has made them perform on par with many shock troop regiments in the galaxy. Where they lack in the heavier armor and training, they make up with numbers and an acceptance of high casualty ratings.

Description:

There’s thunder all around me and there’s poison in the air,
There’s a lousy smell that smacks of hell and dust all in me hair.
~ Pergitorian work song

Recruited from the vast swathes of common laborers and industrial workers that inhabit Pergitor, the 7th Pergitorian Infantry Regiment has been deemed ready for duty by the Church. Pragmatic and religious by nature, the Pergitorians have applied these viewpoints to their military.

Simplistic uniforms and armor constructed of readily made materials are standard issue, the equipment both easily made and exported from Pergitor itself. Weapons are simple and reliable, the designs easy to mass produce in the Pergitorian factories. All other equipment is generally manufactured and supplied on their home planet as well, great care taken to ensure that supply lines remain intact as the regiment, and others like it, move across the stars. There is little deviation from the standard uniform, though it is not uncommon for soldiers to take trophies from the battlefield in the forms of skulls or similar items. In addition, prayer strips have been known to be worn by individuals upon their armor, usually attached to pauldrons, helmets, and occasionally weapons.

Stubborn by nature and pious by upbringing, the men and women of Pergitor have created a unique atmosphere as more and more fighting units are tithed offworld to the ORC. The regiment is renowned for their adherence to orders, often refusing to deviate until new orders are given. In addition, Pergitorians are loath to give up ground viewing retreat orders, however sound they may be, as cowardly - a trait that they believe jeopardizes their worth in the eyes of the Church and their diety. They often opt to stand their ground instead, fighting and dying to the last rather than take a single step back. While many admire such dedication and devotion, most agree that such mentalities cause more than enough problems, headaches being the least of them. It often takes a silver tongue, charisma, and dire circumstances to persuade Pergitorian commanders into other courses of action in such situations.

However, due to this combination of mentalities, Pergitorian regiments often perform well as ad-hoc shock troops. While lacking heavier armor and the proper assault weaponry in most cases, the troops follow even the most suicidal orders in combat and are more than willing to trade blood for inches of ground on the battlefield. While this causes the regiment to often become understrength after a large scale attack or siege assault, many a commander is well aware that Pergitorian infantry are easily comparable to trained shock troops and are often more viable in many cases.
“Never.”
~ Pergitorian officer’s answer when asked when to order a retreat
Some of the quotes were taken and altered to varying extent from Warhammer 40k/Games Workshop sources

[member="Skye Becker"]

Hi there. Nicely written submission and I totally dig the 40k vibe.

The only changes I want are some clearly defined strengths and weaknesses. You've sort of combined the two, but I'd much rather see them separated and listed as such.

Tag me when you're done.

[member="Marcus Itera"]
To be fair, this unit has no set or cut and dry weaknesses or strengths. 'Tis why I set that section up as I did. Each bullet in that is both a good strength and a glaring weakness in its own right. For example:

Skye Becker said:
Obey Without Question - Raised from a young age to follow the orders and edicts of the Church and the Preceptor, soldiers of the Pergitorian military carry such unquestioning loyalty into war. Whether given the command to take a position against suicidal odds or to move behind the lines for rest and refit, their adherence to their chain of command is commendable by many, though concerned by those seeking more flexibility in combat.

This essentially means that they'll follow the orders that they're given, even if it means charging machine guns in the open. On that same note, it means that they'll charge machine gun pits in the open without hesitation, easily causing high casualties and possibly resulting in a failed assault. It also means that they'll follow orders to the letter, which can be a benefit, but also means that if they're not ordered to, say, adjust a flank to avoid being outmaneuvered... they wind up outmaneuvered.

What I'm trying to get at is that each of these bullets its a double edged sword. Each one is both a solid strength and a solid weakness. I can split them up if you really want... but it would probably just be the same things in both sections.

[member="Skye Becker"]

I noticed that. I've just never seen a unit submission come through with double-edged strengths and weaknesses. They seem solid enough for me, so as long as you and the other writers you're with understand how these work, I'll push it through. Approved.

Pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom