Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC 7th Division, 77Th Tactical Fighter Wing "Angel Squadron"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relina Zhan

Ducha of Gallinore, "Apollyon the Slayer"
Name: Angel Squadron

Intent: To fill in the position of combat pilots in a Hapan Royal Navy squadron

Affiliation: Hapes Consortium

Availability: Unique

Quality: A

Type: Fighter Squadron

Strength: 7 (if this number means number of pilots in the squadron officially).

Description: The 7th Division, 77th Tactical Fighter Wing is a fighter squadron hailing from Gallinore. It has a history of prestige and tends to be talked about with something like reverence as a result. Called the "Angel" squadron by the Royal Navy, the squadron has long been part of the Gallinore Militia's self-defense force and among the finest squadrons of the Hapan Royal Navy. To be accepted as an Angel, there must first be an opening in the optimal seven-ship formation and after a thorough review of the applicant's flight logs, training statistics, and other military qualifications (such as at least the rank of Second Lieutenant), the applicant is granted a probationary membership called "Purgatory". While the Wayist religious references to the Angel Squadron are tongue-in-cheek and themselves borderline irreverent, Purgatory, by definition, speaks of what the applicant must endure to earn their full-fledged membership, or in squadron-slang, "earning one's wings". The process of Purgatory is a tough, relentless trial by fire involving additional training missions in live and simulated situations; Part hazing, part war-game. It requires adherence to military doctrine and nerves of durasteel. The Angels are considered among the most difficult squadrons to successfully join and, officially, there can only be seven.

Current Members:

Major Relina "Edge" Zhan: Angel One (Not an NPC)

See character Bio. Zhan is called "Edge" because she has a sharp wit and sharper flying skills. She also tends to carry her trademark vibrorapier on sorties and has a long history of fencing for sport.

Commander Holland "Lance" Roc: Angel Two

Nationality: Hapan
Homeworld: Gallinore
Race: Human

Commander Roc is known as "Lance" because of his penchant for offensive blitz manoevures. His trademark move involves accelerating toward his locked target and launching a missile at it at high-speed. The manoeuvre had been thought of as being akin to aerial jousting, for lack of a more suitable term, and is respected and borrowed by the rest of the Squadron due to being difficult to evade, if a bit risky at times due to the reckless nature of the tactic. Roc possesses leadership traits and has been recognised by Navy Command for his bravery. He is most likely to inherit the flight lead position in the event Ducha Zhan no longer leads.

Lieutenant Commander Rafe "Screech" Misra: Angel Three

Misra earned the name "Screech", regrettably, by squealing loudly and often during live Purgatory missions. Despite having been so vocal when twisted and turned at break-neck speeds at the time he earned that wretched moniker, he had distinguished himself as Angel-material by being able to maintain control of his craft, even when being shot at while surrounded by difficult terrain. His quick reaction time often rivals Ducha Zhan's in simulator statistics. A notable flaw is that he has a history of firing as wildly as he sometimes flies, although his kill-record boasts of his effectiveness overall, despite generally poor gun accuracy.

Lieutenant Taritha "Archer" Schiff: Angel Four

Homeworld: Charubah
Race: Human Cyborg

Lieutenant Schiff's history in the Navy is a bit unusual. She didn't start int he Aviation sector of the Royal Navy, but rather as a space marine. After a skirmish with a small band of pirates on the fringes of the Lorelli Reach, Schiff was injured to the point of requiring reconstructive surgery. Instead of a medical discharge post-op, she was deemed a candidate for a military cybernetics programme similar to the ones Charubah had long been known for. She obtained a transfer to the Aviation Corp after demonstrating an impressive piloting capability and wound up stationed on Gallinore. She passed Purgatory without incident, having petitioned to join the Angel Squadron, seeking a new challenge. Her modest cybernetic augmentations have helped with her combat judgement and reaction time. She tends to carry long range Missiles and usually places priority on accuracy, hence her callsign. Incidentally, she tends to get nervous facing enemies up-close.

Major Cynthya "Aurora" Nori: Angel Five

Major Nori is called "Aurora" because she hails from the northern city of Tanith on Gallinore, which is located almost on the other side of the planet from the capital city of Dimitor. Auroras are a common nighttime spectacle past the 70th parallel north on Gallinore. Nori was one of the original test pilots for "Project Switchblade", which begat the Terminus starfighter the squadron now flies. Already possessing an impressive history as a military pilot and knowing how the ships worked gave her a leg up in her petition to join the squadron... and she was, in fact, asked to apply because of these factors. However, she was granted no special treatment in Purgatory, which she passed, to the delight of the squadron. Her knowledge of the Terminus's capabilities and involvement with the prototyping is considered indispensable, apart from her skill as a combat pilot. She is known to be more of a defensive pilot, almost babying her craft, and tends not to shoot until her odds of hitting her target are, per her judgement, most favourable.

Second Lieutenant Anna "Blackout" DuCroix: Angel Six

DuCroix is called " Blackout" because she, well, blacked out on her first Purgatory exercise. She was very nearly denied membership as a result. However, she is naturally a persistent person and pushed herself to try it again. She passed the very same exercise without passing out and was allowed to remain, since the existing members liked her attitude, even though she passed in what they considered a sloppy way. DuCroix was put through a bit more training than others would have been in a bid to mould her into the pilot the Angels wanted her to be. Her potential was realised when she finally passed a live Purgatory mission 100/100. Her fighter was painted the silver-white with blue trim of the Squadron and the members welcomed her as a full-fledged member. She tends to avoid high-G turns when possible, compensating by using less predictable flight patterns.

Commander Kael "Volcano" Lythos: Angel Seven

Homeworld: Hapes Prime

"Volcano" earned his nickname not by simply being the hot-shot fighter pilot he needed to be to even be considered for membership, but rather, more humourously, by vomiting after his rough introductory Purgatory mission. Ducha Zhan herself offhandedly made the comparison, after witnessing the disgusting event, of the violence of his vomiting to the eruption of a volcano. The name stuck. Incidentally, Zhan herself was responsible for putting him through the aerobatic insanity that made a man who never had been motion sick in his life spill his guts due to an arrogant comment he made in front of her. He never did this again in later paces, but distinguished himself as Angel-material with his skill as a pilot and a tactician. Lythos has been allowed to live down the origins of his callsign, now wearing it with a degree of pride by choosing to redefine it by his combat skill.

There is no particular order in relation to rank in formation positioning. Basically, which position in the standard formation one assumes depends on which opening is available. The flight lead position, however, is assumed in much the same way as any leadership position can be earned, assigned, or assumed. Callsigns are generally earned based on a skill, personality quirk, or to commemorate an event centering on the person in question and are not chosen, which may be a source of regret or pride by their bearer, but rarely are changed once they 'stick'. Only after passing Purgatory can an Angel get a tattoo of the Squadron's emblem, A blue halo with seven silver, stylised wings in a triangular configuration (with the seventh wing at the top apex) and the banner, "7th 77th ANGEL". The Squadron flies Paragon Enterprises Type M 808 Terminus Starfighters, painted a silver-white with a subtle blue trim.

Links: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/75920-i-will-find-my-angel/page-5(dev thread)

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/9277-type-m-808-miytil-terminus-starfighter/?hl=hapes

(the above is in the process of being revised. See below for revision listing)

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/65879-paragon-enterprises-type-m-808-terminus-starfighter-revised/

[member="Relina Zhan"]

Relina Zhan said:
Strength: 7 (if this number means number of pilots in the squadron officially).
Correct. Refers to total number of individuals in each unit.

Relina Zhan said:
http://starwarsrp.ne...ighter-revised/
You've provided a Factory link to the starfighters they use. However, the "Paragon Enterprises Type M-808 Terminus Starfighter" was never approved, and currently lies in archive due to inactivity. Please replace this with a link to Wookiepedia or an accepted Factory submission.

If you wish to have something pulled out of archive and judged, simply PM the relevant admin. In the case of this ship, that would be [member="Spencer Jacobs"]. This would be the way to go if you want this unit linked with those ships.

Relina Zhan said:
Current Members: Major Relina "Edge" Zhan: Angel One (Not an NPC) Commander Holland "Lance" Roc: Angel Two Lieutenant Commander Rafe "Screech" Misra: Angel Three Lieutenant Taritha "Archer" Schiff: Angel Four Major Cinthya "Aurora" Nori: Angel Five Second Lieutenant Anna "Blackout" DuCroix: Angel Six Commander Kael "Volcano" Lythos: Angel Seven
Could you add mini-profiles for all NPC members of this unit? This need only be a short description, but should include name, age, personality quirks/attitudes, and if applicable; individual skills, and combat strengths & weaknesses. We only accept a certain number of individual NPC profiles in a unit post, however I don't want a full profile for each. Here are some examples where this has been done: The Rainbow Guard - The Nameless Ten.

Thanks

Relina Zhan

Sure. and there an older submission for the ship in question used... I linked a revision that I'm working on the dev for in the Headstrong RP thread where it is going to be done.... along with another for another player....

Edit: made the modifications. Will this help?

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

[member="Relina Zhan"]

Apologies for taking a while to get back to you! The past few days have been hectic.

You've added many varied and interesting mini-profiles to the individuals in the squad. That all looks great!

Relina Zhan said:
an older submission for the ship in question used... I linked a revision that I'm working on the dev for in the Headstrong RP thread where it is going to be done....
I see you've provided two links. However, both lead to the exact same submission. Is that an oversight? Any ship linked with this unit will have to be either from Wookiepedia or an approved Factory submission. I can't accept a revision that lies in archive. With it being a revision, could you instead link the original? Alternatively, temporarily swap it out for another ship. Once the revised ship gets approved, you may post in the submission modifications thread to have it added later.

Relina Zhan said:
Links: http://starwarsrp.ne...037-headstrong/ (above RP is still in progress and will be deving the Terminus Revision)
I will also need to see a dev thread for this unit. The above thread does not qualify, as it's mostly socializing and doesn't justify their quality. Unique A-quality units are rare, and as such we ask for substantial dev. I will need to see a 25 post dev thread.

Thanks

Relina Zhan

It's most likely an oversight. there is an accepted, older submission under the Republic presently... I made it under my Alarah account two year ago. I'm wanting to revise it.

Any suggestions on how to go about the thread, if It has to be unique? The linked Thread is still in progress and will involve some combat later once it builds to that point.

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

Relina Zhan said:
It's most likely an oversight. there is an accepted, older submission under the Republic presently... I made it under my Alarah account two year ago. I'm wanting to revise it.
I understand. Please link that older submission. There's nothing wrong with wanting to revise it. However, until it gets accepted I can't accept it as their listed ship here. I stand by my decision. Feel free to add it later through a submission modification.

Relina Zhan said:
Any suggestions on how to go about the thread, if It has to be unique? The linked Thread is still in progress and will involve some combat later once it builds to that point.
Some thread that shows off their elite status. This could be training (perhaps the Purgatory you reference) or an operation where they get to showcase their skills. You could finish the ongoing thread or start a new one. However, since I would expect to see the Angels present in each of the 25 posts, it may be faster to start a new one. Ultimately, that's up to you.

Thanks

Relina Zhan

[member="Darth Pyrrhus"]

I understand and I'm not arguing with the need of acceptance for the revision. In fact, I'm due for, I think, 10 posts for the stealth part of the Terminus, which is all that needs a dev for the ship revision, which can easily be added to the 25 you want from me. So, All I need is a helping hand to perhaps play out a Pirate raid on the Hapan Rim. Been fishing for someone who can play a pirate and can devote enough time to make the 35+ posts while still keeping the storytelling interesting... Just generic pirate players who could be cannon-fodder and disposable, but still enough of a challenge to drag the posting out to at least 35 posts.

Might you by any chance know someone who could assist?

[member="Relina Zhan"]

I see! You're more than welcome to work on the dev for both this and the revised ship, and revisit this submission once the ship has gone through. I can archive this until then.

I asked around a bit for you. Shoot [member="Draco Vereen"] a PM, he said he'd be up for arranging something. :)

[member="Relina Zhan"]

This is being put up for archival while you work on the dev threads. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Otherwise, PM either [member="Valiens Nantaris"] or [member="Lorelei Darke"] to get this out of archival when you're ready for it to be reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom