"Anytime, anywhere...We're there."
OUT OF CHARACTER
- Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide the 5.56 BASIC Slug with a derivative capable of effectively combating organic and synthetic opponents.
- Development Thread: N/A (Resubmission of a Purged, Approved submission)
- Manufacturer: Czerka Arms | Arakyd Industries
- Model: 5.56mm Slug
- Affiliation: Private Market
- Modularity: Yes (12.7mm, 9mm, 7.62mm)
- Production: Mass
- Material: Durasteel, Acid
Amongst the first generation of standardized ammunition for slugthrowers of Czerka Arms design is the aptly-named 5.56mm VENOM Slug. Akin to its fellow rounds, the VENOM Slug is a derivative of the standard BASIC Slug and has a single, fundamental difference in design. The VENOM Slug features a hollow-jacket design, thereby providing ample space for the volatile acid for which the round is named. As such, in the event of the aforementioned imbedding, the VENOM Slug will react to the sudden impact with the release of the slug's venom payload, which can easily eat through metal and skin. It is to be noted that the acid housed within the VENOM Slug is activated by exposure to oxygen, thereby ensuring that the Slugs themselves are not prematurely consumed. As such, the VENOM Slugs are constructed in a vacuum environment.
The rate through which the acid eats through metal and flesh is rather slow, but is expedited with additional exposure to the acid. Simply put, the more the opponent is shot, the more the acid eats. When exposed to durasteel, a single Slug can eat through the metal at a rate of 2.5 millimeters per second. However, the speed of consumption is doubled with each additional slug fired upon an affected area. Unfortunately, the accuracy of most weaponry, save sniper rifles and scoped, small-burst rifles, prevents this effect from being constantly applied.