Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC 439th Legion "Sularen's Wrath" | Final Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

This submission needs some work.

I'm a Bit confused. From the Starship 5.1 Template the Production Ratings for the Vehicles goes from Mass-Produced , Semi-Unique , Limited , Minor and Mass Produced as shown here below.
hAAAGbI3xQOhN6mAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

From my understanding according to the NPC Creation 4.0 Template it says that i may used equipments of the listed production or higher production values, but not lower , within the following Chart below.
Bx0IaL20ovwwAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Wouldn't that mean that since The Size of the 439th is Large and it's Availability is Rare , i would be able to equip them with any type of equipment listed as Minor or with a High Production (Limited , Semi-Unique & Unique)? Especially since Major isn't listed as a Production Rating.

This is an entirely incorrect assessment of how the NPC Unit Table works. Ylla Caeli'runa was correct in the first place, but, the selective way the "rules" have been chopped up and explained is exceedingly misleading. I'll break it down for you.

• Unit Size: Large
  • Unit Availability: Rare
  • Unit Experience: Veteran

So, a "Large" unit that is "Rare" can use "Minor" production and below. (Which means, minor, and mass-produced only.)

You're reading the table in reverse. A "higher" production value refers to there being "more" of an item available. So, if something is Mass-Produced this is why anyone can use it. Because there is a metric ton of it. Why would it make sense for a unit with a "Minor" rating (Large Groups/Major Faction) to use a Limited (Only One Small Group), Semi-Unique (A single Small Unit), or Unique (One Character) item?

Unique in the NPC Combat Unit Template is part of the "Unit Availability" not an available production value as a "Unit" will always be more than one NPC (Or it would be on the Individual template) thus disqualifying unique submissions.

So, you've got a few options:

1.) Remove The Predator from the Equipment Section of this Submission and replace it with a Minor or Mass-Produced alternative. No matter what sizing/availability options you alter a unique ship cannot be fielded by this NPC Unit. (Conversely, you could try and sub-mod the ship down in ratings but that would be a very, very large overhaul.)
2.) Remove the HAAV and the TIE V1 from the Equipment Section of this Submission and replace them with a Minor or Mass-Produced alternative. You cannot currently use Limited. (Conversely, you could also try and sub-mod these submissions and bring their ratings down.)
3.) Adjust NPC Unit Sizing/Availability to accommodate the two Limited items.​
Please review and adjust this submission accordingly. Everything I mentioned in your previous submission also applies here. I'm not sure what is going on with these subs but I would rather not have to pull and re-review each and every one of your submissions or assign a dedicated RPJ to handle them. Let's read the rules, follow them, and ensure that everything is up to par.

Tag me when you're ready for me to look again.

Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

This submission needs some work.

This is an entirely incorrect assessment of how the NPC Unit Table works. Ylla Caeli'runa was correct in the first place, but, the selective way the "rules" have been chopped up and explained is exceedingly misleading. I'll break it down for you.

So, a "Large" unit that is "Rare" can use "Minor" production and below. (Which means, minor, and mass-produced only.)

You're reading the table in reverse. A "higher" production value refers to there being "more" of an item available. So, if something is Mass-Produced this is why anyone can use it. Because there is a metric ton of it. Why would it make sense for a unit with a "Minor" rating (Large Groups/Major Faction) to use a Limited (Only One Small Group), Semi-Unique (A single Small Unit), or Unique (One Character) item?

Unique in the NPC Combat Unit Template is part of the "Unit Availability" not an available production value as a "Unit" will always be more than one NPC (Or it would be on the Individual template) thus disqualifying unique submissions.

So, you've got a few options:

1.) Remove The Predator from the Equipment Section of this Submission and replace it with a Minor or Mass-Produced alternative. No matter what sizing/availability options you alter a unique ship cannot be fielded by this NPC Unit. (Conversely, you could try and sub-mod the ship down in ratings but that would be a very, very large overhaul.)
2.) Remove the HAAV and the TIE V1 from the Equipment Section of this Submission and replace them with a Minor or Mass-Produced alternative. You cannot currently use Limited. (Conversely, you could also try and sub-mod these submissions and bring their ratings down.)
3.) Adjust NPC Unit Sizing/Availability to accommodate the two Limited items.​
Please review and adjust this submission accordingly. Everything I mentioned in your previous submission also applies here. I'm not sure what is going on with these subs but I would rather not have to pull and re-review each and every one of your submissions or assign a dedicated RPJ to handle them. Let's read the rules, follow them, and ensure that everything is up to par.

Tag me when you're ready for me to look again.

Alright. I removed the Predator and Adjusted the Unit Size to include the Limited Items. Would this be good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom