Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship 300 Frigates. (Mythos Brigade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source:http://starwarsrpg.pettycomp.net/Images/ShadowOfDemos.jpg

ShadowOfDemos.jpg

Affiliation:TC Umbrella Corp
Model: "300-series Armed Freighter"
Modularity: Absolutely not
Production: Mass Produced
Material: DuraSteel, Transparisteel, Sythmesh
Classification: Transport Freighter
Manufacturer: Loom (@Ultimatum) Built in the Fore Sight http://starwarsrp.net/topic/64748-foresight/?view=getnewpost
Length: 340 Meters
Width: 63 Meters
Height: 55 meters
Armament: 6

Hangar: 1 Squadron count (Small fighters)

Special Features:
- Heavy shielding, Meant for Transport mainly.
- Great Generator Shieldings. They can take a beating.
- Cargo Hold is immense- it holds about 100,000 metric tons
- Life Support Systems
- Cupholders in the main Cockpit

Maneuverability Rating: 13
Speed Rating: 18
Hyperdrive Class: 3
Backup HD: 14

Strengths:
-Well armed for a freighter
-Good load capacity
-Economical to buy and maintain

Weaknesses
-often malfunctions from cheap build quality
-Weak shielding
-Weak armor

Description: There are 300 of these ships, each one made exactly like the last. The massive Hull is made for massive Cargo shipments and to carry massive amounts of Cargo and Materials. over one hundred metric tons of Cargo can be hauled with ease.

The Crew Quarters can hold easily one thousand men packed like Sardines and the Life support system is the cheapest. More of these are being mass produced, but 300 are already made and ready for battle. The Weaponry is Basic for a Cargo Freighter, but it does pack heat for a ship of it's size.
Development Thread:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/64318-my-trust-before-my-money/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/64225-darkness-in-light-animus/

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/66349-where-to-build-when-all-else-fails-animus/#entry988815

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

This concept seems relatively solid, but there are a few minor details that I'd like to see worked out.

This submission seems to be missing the "Image source" and the appropiate link.

Darth Mythos said:
Affiliation:rt Major Faction Name], [Insert Character Name], etc.) Model: Jaster of Clan Awauds Personal Design. (Model was build from scratch)
Affiliation also seems to be missing.

As far as Model, this is something usually like the "StarGauntlet Crusher 3000", or the "Imperious-class", rather than someone's personal design. think of it kind of being like a real life car name, like a Corvette, Mustang, Prius, Mini Cooper, etc.

Darth Mythos said:
Synsthemeech
What is Synthemeech?

Darth Mythos said:
Manufacturer: Loom (@Ultimatum)

I read the development threads, and they seem to hint at a special shipyard being made to help produce these ships. But I'm not familar with "Loom" being in the approved company's list. Is this a subsidiary of the Trade Conglomerate or Umbrella Corp? Or something else?

Darth Mythos said:
Armament: 12
Based on the description, I'd recommend raising this to somewhere from 15 to 20.

Darth Mythos said:
Able to penetrate enemy ship shielding with 4 salvoes.

It's fine to have a heavily armed ship, but this kind of specificity can cause problems.

For example, if one of these frigates attacks a super star destroyer, I wouldn't expect it to pierce its shields even after 4 salvos. Conversely, if this frigate is attacking a lightly shielded drone barge, I wouldn't expect the drone barge to last even two salvos.

Please remove this.

Darth Mythos said:
Very Numerous. 300 made, to one is never Alone

Again, it's perfectly fine to suggest using this as a something of a swarmer ship, but the specificity could potentially cause problems. It's unlikely that 300 hundred of these are going to be built by a smaller-sized company, and even they were, they would be in service to a large government like the One Sith or Republic.

Darth Mythos said:
Maneuverability Rating: 13 Speed Rating: 18 Hyperdrive Class: 8 Backup HD: 14
These are pretty low ratings, which may be okay (they make up a fair weakness for being choke full of guns). Still, I would recommend increasing your hyperdrive to x3 at the slowest (x1 and x2 would be normal). I'd recommend somewhere between a x8 and x12 for the back-up hyperdrive.

Darth Mythos said:
Massive Salvos and great array of different weaponry from Ion to Kinetic to Blaster.

This is actually okay, but just remember that by using the Armament rating system with the submission as is right now, it's limited strictly to basic weapons that are not either special or unusually powerful. I'd recommend that if you're looking for a certain special or unusually powerful weapon, that you'd list it within the description as well.

This looks about ready for approval, though I do have a few suggestions for you to consider.

Darth Mythos said:
Jaster of Clan Awauds Personal Design. (Model was build from scratch)
I'd really recommend something like "300 frigate" or "300-series Armed Freighter" or something that people can easily refer to in every day talking. For your consideration:

Sailor: Did you see the Jaster of Clan Awauds Personal Design stop by earlier? It was carrying a fething ton of blasters...
Sailor: Did you see the 300-series Armed freighter that stopped by earlier? It was carrying a fething ton of blasters...
Hyperdrive Class: 8
Backup HD: 14
I'd really, really recommend something faster, like somewhere between x1 or x3 (x3 being understandable if you want something especially cheap but still practical. Something like a Class 8 would be the equivalent of a semi-truck that can go only go 20 mph on the freeway.

Darth Mythos said:
Strengths:
- Guns can work pretty good if well manned
- Huge load capacity
- Cheap. Can be replaced as they fall.

Weaknesses:
- Cheap. Due to the necessity and Rush for them they can suffer malfunctions on the Engines
- Cheap. The Shield Generators are mediocre
- Cheap. Did i mention it's cheap? One huge Salvo from a Star Destroyer will end it.
So I think that the concept of the strengths and weaknesses is good, but I'd phrase it something like this.

Strengths:
-Well armed for a freighter
-Good load capacity
-Economical to buy and maintain

Weaknesses
-often malfunctions from cheap build quality
-Weak shielding
-Weak armor

Darth Mythos said:
one hundred metric tons of Cargo

I'd recommend increasing this higher. A Lambda-class Shuttle carries 100 metric tons and 20 passengers. I'd recommend something around 100,000 metric tons based on the Star Galleon's example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom