Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech 278i Dual Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB-4001A

B
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a droid brain for use as a component in future submissions.
  • Image Source: Wookieepedia
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Droid Brain
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
LukUubD.png

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Advanced Droid Brain. The 278i was a high-performance droid brain that produced a level of artificial intelligence that suggested sentience.
  • Processing Time. Because of the dual subprocessor cores, the 278i boasted exceptional reaction times.
  • Versatility. Because of the dual subprocessor design, the 278i offered the ability to make the droid cross-functional, with the most common iterations being a Class Three and Class Two combination, such as an astromech or maintenance droid with protocol droid interactive function.
WEAKNESSES
  • Vulnerable to Ion Energy.
  • Batteries Not Included. External power supply is required for the 278i to do anything.
  • No Healing Capability. A 278i that has malfunctioned or been damaged will continue to degrade until it is serviced by a technician.
DESCRIPTION
The 278i Dual Processor was a neural chipset produced by AccuTronics in the mid-840s ABY that served as the droid brain for the BB-4000 series human replica droid. The shape of its C-Board was inspired by the human cardiopulmonary system, resembling the lungs. Because of this, and owing to the large size of the droid brain in relation to the chassis of the BB-4000, the 278i was installed in the chest cavity. The two lobes of the C-board, ostensibly the lungs, housed either of the two specialized subprocessors. The default configuration paired a Class Three protocol chip on the right side of the unit and a Class Two logic circuit on the left.

The 278i achieved a high response and reaction time by distributing tasks between the two subprocessor cores, with the central processor using a dual-linked analyzer circuit for task switching, prioritization, and management of the subprocessors. The primary performance bank on the C-board included a cache of quantum RAM and the personality matrix. Even without the use of biocells or organoform circuitry, the resulting artificial intelligence demonstrated an extremely high level of awareness that suggested artificial sentience.

As a purely mechanical device, the 278i was susceptible to electromagnetic interference, such as from a restraining bolt or ion-based weaponry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom