Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech 222-SIG Tactical Sensor Jamming Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
ap0Tydk.png

7klpHMF.png

• Manufacturer: Kuat Systems Engineering
  • Model: SIG
  • Affiliation: Kuat Systems Engineering, Kuat Drive Yards, Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Reinforced Duramentium Frame, Durasteel Outer Layer, Jamming System Components
xlcFSSw.png

Strengths:
  • Stealth Capabilities - Designed to give the ship a low profile, even with comm systems, it outfits the ship with jamming systems. Instead of nothing coming up with scans from an opponent, they will get most likely 'white noise'
Weaknesses:
  • Size - Because of the way this system is designed, it can not benefit anything larger than a Corvette. Only allowed on Corvettes and Fighters.
  • Power Consumption - Because the systems are most likely almost always on, and how much power they consume, using this system reduces weapons capabilities. Ships using this can only have Average or below Weapon Levels.
2hVrjkv.png

The 222-SIG was meant as a replacement for the 220-SIG, which not only was outdated but extremely expensive for its time. The 222-SIG operates by jamming all nearby comm systems, but not effecting itself. Not exactly acting like a ghost, but more like flooding scans and sensors with random signals, which may give it time to act like a ghost. But looking out a viewport anyone could catch it.

Kuat Drive Yards said:
This link appears to currently go to the wookieepedia main page.

Kuat Drive Yards said:
Stealth Capabilities - Designed to give the ship a low profile, even with comm systems, it outfits the ship with jamming systems. Instead of nothing coming up with scans from an opponent, they will get most likely 'white noise'
Typical sensor jamming inherently is going to attract more attention to area, so this really isn't "stealth" per se, but it will disguise the exact location of a ship in general area.

It's sort of like a person or vehicle hiding in a smokescreen. Everyone is going to realize that something is amiss when they see a giant billowing cloud of smoke, even if they can't see exactly what's inside it.

If you're okay that, I'm okay with that.

Another option would be to possibly consider a sensor blind like that the Tranquility System.

Gir Quee said:
This link appears to currently go to the wookieepedia main page.

Typical sensor jamming inherently is going to attract more attention to area, so this really isn't "stealth" per se, but it will disguise the exact location of a ship in general area.

It's sort of like a person or vehicle hiding in a smokescreen. Everyone is going to realize that something is amiss when they see a giant billowing cloud of smoke, even if they can't see exactly what's inside it.

If you're okay that, I'm okay with that.

Another option would be to possibly consider a sensor blind like that the Tranquility System.

>Screamer
Fixed, I think it doesn't like the quotes so when I edit it removes them. Did the same thing on my Lightstealth β-18 Reconnaissance Ship.

>Stealth
Just a fun word to use. The sentence it comes with explains that it is clearly in plain sight.

>Tranquility
No thanks, but thanks for the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom