Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 'Star Wars' themed films announced....

I feel this is more a public service warning to you all.

No, Disney haven't announced their new films, but rather two films based on 'Star Wars' are due.

First is 'The Line Kings' starts filming early this year and is directed by Tony Dow: “a group of rabid Star Wars fans who camp out for four days on Hollywood Boulevard, in front of the iconic TCL Chinese Theatre after Disney announces that the fans who are first in line after four days will win walk-on roles in the next film in the series — leading to a battle royale between two fan groups determined to be first.”

ZZ3C5F8F48-700x468.jpg

Second....ugh....the ones behind the 'Scary Movie' franchise, 'Vampires Suck', 'Epic Movie' etc bring us 'Star Worlds Episode XXXIVE=MC2: The Force Awakens The Last Jedi Who Went Rogue' to film late 2017.

scary-movie-700x394.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-spoof-the-line-kings/

I mean, seriously.

So, yeah. Bring on 'The Last Jedi'. Quick!

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] Yep. And for some reason they kept going with those other ones 'Epic Movie' and 'Meet The Spartans'.

You can NOT do a 'Star Wars' spoof now without it i) being naturally crude and painfully unfunny and ii) escaping the shadow of 'Spaceballs'.

Line Kings sounds like an actually interesting film concept. I hope that it doesn't fall into the same traps as The Big Bang Theory does in terms of trying to do nerd humour, if you get what I mean. I'd like that to end up being a Community-esque sort of film. That being said, we'll probably end up with the former.

As for the second one. I'll probably end up watching it to see what comes out of it.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Well the scary movie films lost the wayne's after the second one. It wasn't great but the second one wasn't horrible compared to the others that came afterwards. Proof movies can be good but it is all going to come down to how they do it. A constant stream of references and everything is a joke... no. If it was somewhat in the vain of the family guy spoofs and space balls where you had the jokes come from the scenario and poke fun... or if it was more like a Galaxy Quest where the joke is the scenario then littered with in jokes. Fanboys is another example or for fun Beneather the Done the Rise and Fall of R2-D2 which was a fun spoof of the True Stories mixed with star wars... hearing 3PO talk about the little droid high grade oil imported from foreign countries was worth it.

The first movie sounds on par with the jedi junkies, george in love and some of the other doc's they made that are interesting at times and good for a casual watch but you likely wouldn't watch it all of the time.

Tanomas Graf

T
The first one sounds like something I'd watch when I'm bored, but it doesn't beat good 'ol Star Wars. I'm so angry at the second one I'm going to make a petition against it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom