Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1,000 Post Retrospective

Wow, wasn't sure I'd ever get to this point, but here we are! Just crossed my 1,000th post with Amani, by far my most written character, and figured what better time to fish for some more feedback than now? I've been at it for about two and a half years now (pretty on and off at times, obviously), and haven't done one of these since like, the first six months I was here.

Just looking for any kind of feedback/advice/opinions here. Both on characters (Amani or otherwise) and just my writing in general. I've had plenty of time to stew on my own thoughts but outside perspectives are much more productive. If you've written with me before, I would LOVE to hear what you have to say, whether its good, bad, or just middle of the road. Or even if you've just read anything I've written before and wanna get a word in, that's equally valuable! I wanna hear it all, you don't even need to write a big page of notes if you don't want, I promise.

Thanks in advance for reading this through, and for anything you have to offer for feedback : )

Woohoo!

Awesome to see that you've gotten so far writing the character, and in recent months it has been a real pleasure to see you writing so much. Amani is genuinely a really fun character with a great personality and skill set that allows her to easily interact with others. I've really enjoyed the serious moments we've written, as well as the funnier or even sad moments with our last Valery/Amani thread.

Whatever you write, the posts are always set up very nicely, and you help push a story along too. You add in little and bigger things when it suits the story/scene, play into what others write, and really work with the other writers to tell a fun and memorable story. It makes me really want to keep up with her too, which is why I messaged you on discord the other day about some of the threads I was reading with her that I wasn't even in myself. She's just a fantastic character I've also grown to care about :)

Of course, it goes without saying that you (the writer) are amazing as well. I enjoy chatting and planning stuff, and you're always very friendly and helpful in working out stories \o/

Keep it up and hope to see a lot more of Amani!

Ahh I love feedback threads!

Amani is one of my favorites! I've been writing with her from all sides of the recent arc across all kinds of characters, so I've been lucky enough to see her evolution as she relearned the Force, found herself as a Jedi again, started to find her convictions as a Jedi and what she believes in. It's been a wild, wonderful ride because of the depth ya put into her. I don't know anything about Amani before that random thread we did in the mud world, and I didn't need to to see all the development she's gone through as a person.

That's probably my favorite thing about writing with you. I don't need a bunch of links to past threads to understand where she's at or why, I can just write with her and learn through the story. Form my own conclusions for my characters that might not even be right but make the RP that much spicier.

So keep goin. I wanna see where she ends up.

Ah, the Frog Princess. She appears like a green angel to do some good work or another, then vanishes with a hop and a skip.

I like her, I like how you write her. My only complaint is that her current identity as a wandering do-gooder kinda prevents her from developing the sort of roots that lead to deeper relationships/storylines. Which is part of her charm, but I digress. Wanna thread?

Also, if I had a nickel for every time she’d called one of my characters “racist”, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t much, but it’s still weird that it happened twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom