Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Let the Rough End Drag

CORUSCANT, LEVEL 1294

Consolidated Energy Solutions, Incorporated
Manager's Office, 0934 Local Time

unknown.png

"Jesus Dax, that's the third time this month."

Dax looked across the table at his boss- halfway, at least. One of his eyes was too swollen shut to see. Training and sparring took it's toll physically, but pay dividends in fights. Dax was in hot water, yet again. His boss was an understanding man, after all, he was one of the many with two, three jobs trying to scrape by in the heart of the Alliance. But the further down on Coruscant you went, the more it stayed the same. Buildings and Empires came and went, the slums always stayed.

Children still played with Imperial Stormtrooper helmets they'd find in warehouses down here- from the days of Vader.

And that's how it went. You lived and died in the slums, scraping by enough to get your shitty recycled water and shitty processed-more-than-minerals foods. Unless you got out. Unless you climbed up. But that took money. Time. Friends. Connections. Money, friends, time, and connections that Dax- did not have. And would not have.

Unless he could put it all on black, get the shot at a bigger purse. But here on Coruscant, shockboxers weren't made in legitimate circles.

No, that all came from the scummy Hutts and their scummy friends.

But the bills still had to get paid. Dax couldn't fight for the first 9 hours of his day. The first 9 belonged to the company. And he was now, due to his weariness and lack of setting an alarm, owing them two. Which brought us back to his boss, staring him across the table. His hands rubbed together, looking out the window at the speeders flashing by, while a sea of neon and holograms danced across, hues of purple, yellow and blue cycling across the dimly-lit office.

"Dax, I can't keep having a guy showing up to work all fucked up, I mean for fuck's sake Dax how you gonna work the line with one eye-" He said, pointing out to the window, where the other linemen of the day prepared to make their movements to maintain the electrical grid of the mega-city, or at least, a small fraction of the level. And for the hundreds of thousands of people on this level alone, the few hundred men keeping the lights on was serious business. Each linemen had their tools, bags, and gear all neatly folded in front of them in a tight formation, inspected by their line boss. The Manager's Office was overlooking it, and he would give the final signal to have them board the speeders to begin work for their shift. It was grueling work, but it paid decent, and it wasn't bad in the union department. But Dax had pushed his buttons too much lately, despite his work ethic on the job. The workers called him "missing the boat". Missing the boat was a simple rule. You missed the speeder, you missed work, you missed pay, and you made everyone work harder to pick up your slack.

And Dax had caused enough slack for the week.

"Clean your locker out." Dax's eye widened, leaning forward and putting a single hand on his Manager's desk.

"Come on, please you know how much I need this-" He was cut off by the gruff, gray-haired man slamming a hand on the desk. "And I need a lineman who won't miss the boat, Dax. Get your shit out by the end of the week." He said, standing up, grabbing his own helmet and vest, and walking out to the catwalk that overlooked the men. He waved his hand sharply in a circle, and the linemen boarded their ride, prepared to keep the lights on and the gears turning for at least another few hours. He left Dax alone in the office, staring blankly at the wall.

Two Hours Later....

Reveries, Twilight Zone

Electronic Music for Robotic People

The Caf wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. The location was what he came for. The bar was notorious, a place to forget, or to remember. Not to socialize. He already had a rent check paid, and his lights would be on for another three weeks at the least. He got his last paystub, so he had a couple hundred credits to burn- and then, maybe, nothing, maybe anything.

He had a feeling, his hands stuffed in his black jacket, as he approached the bar. He was sat by a hostess at the bar- and quickly got his first, then his second drink going. On his third, he found the need for air. He walked out to the balcony, which overlooked a fair bit of the city. He was mostly out here for the air. Swirling his pink-and-blue drink in his hand, Dax took a deep breath, and downed half of the drink.

He had to figure out a way to get into the bigger fights, or scrape enough cash to get the hell out of Coruscant. He wasn't going to end up like everyone else he knew, crushed under a turbolaser boot from some unseen enemy waving an unseen flag. His hand instinctively touched his right arm, before his swollen and cut-up hand returned to the glass. He was alone on the balcony, while most of the clientele, save for a few other couples, went inside to watch a live show of some kind.

Despite his initial intention to have fun and blow his money in a good way, Dax felt more alone in a sea of people than he ever did. He took a deep breath, and was ready to pound another three, four, maybe five drinks before succumbing to the demon drink and stumbling home. He let out the first words he said in a few hours.

"Fuck."

[/div]

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

R E V E R I E S
smalldivdark.png
Tayl sat comfortable in an empty booth, Reclining on against their soft red padding while she watched the show. It was the first time she had seen her fellow Twi'lek dancing to the jingle of pay in their pockets, and not chains around their neck. It couldn't have been much, in the twilight zone, but that wouldn't stop her from looking. They were paid to draw on looks from people like herself, right?

Even then, She just enjoyed this little place. Well, not exactly little, but it was cozy. Sometimes lively, sometimes a little jazzy. There were always new faces to see or gossip to overhear each time she came. She'd been coming for a few weeks now, Ever since needing a place to law low while hunting Loyalists on this level. Seems Apollyon was digging deeper than just level 1313...

Just the thought made her grip tighter against the seat, but thank the Manda, the bio-inhibitor chip kept her from ever losing control for real.

Like she might have when the majority of the Clientele showed up from nowhere... The show had just started, couldn't she get just a little more time before it became overcrowded?
People were even starting to sit at the other end of her booth now. She'd be tempted to scare them off with some vibro-knife tricks, but her favorite was well hidden right now, seeing as the guards took everything else from her. It was to be expected though, with Aruetii.

So, She stuffed a bottle of spotchka in her helmet, and vaulted over the booth to casually make a move for the balcony. It'd probably be a little quieter. Less of a view, in her opinion, but nice nonetheless.

To her surprise, There was only one other person out here. And Dank Ferric, he looked liked he either needed a drink real bad, or rehab. But of course, wasn't like she'd had better company these past few years, searching Coruscant for a Ghost, And a Wolf.

"Hey," She decides to approach, mag-clamping her helmet to the hexagonal gription panels all over her long kama, and just lean on the railing with her arms crossed over it, And bottle in hand.

"You look like you could use this. I'll share, if you like"

She unscrewed the cap and offered the first drink to him, looking expectantly at him with her Radioactive-Green eyes, accentuated by Eroboan-style eyeliner, like that of a hawk with black tears falling on purple skin.

Last edited:

CORUSCANT, REVERIES

unknown.png

If Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla was ever more right in her entire life, it was that Dax had definitely seen better days than the the day he was having. With one eye swollen shut, contusions on his face and bruised and cut-up knuckles, Dax had definitely been through the ringer. Bacta treatments were also expensive as it were, so he usually had to settle for ice baths and letting it go down naturally.

The next best treatment for cuts and bruises? Booze.

The fact she was a Mandalorian was the surprise that was only more surprising that she approached him. Maybe he did look that bad. Weary blue eyes looked into the green eyes, flanked by stiff eyeliner. He took the glowing drink, smirking.

He took the first foul sip, grimacing. Felt bad-good.

"That bad, huh?"

He said, half-smirking, half-ready to scream into the void in front of him.

R E V E R I E S
smalldivdark.png
At that point, she didn't even bother to take the bottle back. She smirked a little, exposing one little fang in the corner of her mouth while looking out at the city. So many little lights out in the age old darkness. It was kind of pretty, in it's own way.

"I won't intrude with questions. But yeah, it's a little rough around the edges" She chuckled just a little.

"But, Call it a gut feeling? You don't seem like the typical underworld goon. Gotten pretty good at sniffing them out now"

"Listen,"
She turns to the man, leaning on her elbow and offering him a slight smile. Her expressions didn't change much otherwise, usually pretty subtle when not resting in complete neutrality. But not for a lack of enthusiasm.
"I keep an IFAC on me at all times. Bacta patches being the most tame thing in it. I could... help you patch up? or just give you some chit if ya need"

"I do want one more sip though, if you take me up"
She smirks. Just a little.

CORUSCANT, REVERIES

unknown.png

He gave a little bit of a laugh, which, somewhat hurt with all of the swelling.

"No, no not a goon. I'm uh, a boxer. Trying to get better and sometimes training you know.." He gestured to his face.

"I'd appreciate all the help. Being honest- not much in the way of money, so. Bacta treatments night after night are not really possible until you're up in the big leagues." He turned and looked at the city, his eyes casting upwards. It was hard to tell if he was looking at the upper levels of Coruscant, or the sky beyond them. Not that they could really see the sky here. He'd only seen the stars, the real ones, a few times in his life.

He took another sip and handed her back the bottle.

"Surprised to see a Mandalorian down here after all that's been going on."

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

R E V E R I E S
smalldivdark.png
She nods along, having heard similar stories for years now. They all ended the same. No point in getting involved for most, she'd learned that the hard way. Better to just focus and let fate run it's course. But... this was the least she could do.
Maybe she wasn't "Big leagues", but she still had some Crusader stock and maybe enough credits to replace a couple items here and there.

"Alright. We can set you at that table there or grab a private room if you like it like that. I don't have enough creds to get anything big, but I doubt you're inviting guests right?" She snickers softly.

"Surprised to see a Mandalorian down here after all that's been going on."

"Hmh." She takes the bottle back, giving a quick glance down into that glow, Such a pretty thing, for such a vice.

"Don't actually know what's going on up there" She takes a quick swig, wincing slightly while she looked down at the street. Just trying to remember things really. "Been stuck down here a few years now. There's... something I have to do first. Haven't seen or heard from any of my kind since I was a kid. Well, save one"

"Let's get you fixed up" She turns abruptly, taking a deep breath and a few steps away from the railing, taking a peek over her shoulder to see if her new 'friend' was following.

CORUSCANT, REVERIES

unknown.png

He sure did follow her.

He got them a private booth- one of the bouncers happen to be a friend of his. Good guy. Bad friends. Long story. Not important.

He sat down, wincing as he took off his jacket. His body was full of bruises along his kidneys and ribs- but those would heal fine. His face was what he was most concerned about.

"Are you like me? Stuck here- or are you one of those weird people who are here willingly?"

Last edited:

R E V E R I E S
smalldivdark.png
She was surprised that he trusted her enough to get a private room, But then again, If he really hadn't done anything wrong then she had no reason to be untrustworthy.

She set up a pair of small tables and chairs under a light, putting one between herself and where her "patient" would be sitting, while the other was left in arm's reach and filled with tools.

The first of these were some Antiseptic pads, which she'd begin applying his eye and other facial wounds first, gently rubbing them in.

"Are you like me? Stuck here- or are you one of those weird people who are here willingly?"

"Oh I loath Coruscant" She snickered softly, exposing one of those little fangs again "But it's a little more complicated then that. There's something down here that I need, and won't leave without. First I have to find it though, and take it back" Her expression became more serious then. More focused.

CORUSCANT, REVERIES

unknown.png

Dax only gave a wince when she got to work.

She was cute- but those antiseptic pads made it hard to look at her.

"Must be pretty important to stay down here, especially with everything that's been going on for the past few years. Planet's seen better days, that's for sure."

He was curious- naturally, who wouldn't be? A Mandalorian, bound by honor? Or revenge? Or greed? Something kept her here. But he didn't want to pry. She was more than kind enough already.

"Most people leave the first chance they get."

R E V E R I E S
smalldivdark.png
"Sorry..." She'd dealt with her own wounds before. Granted, her armor always took the brunt, but she could relate to an extent. Knew it wasn't comfortable at least.
One thing they didn't seem to have in common at the moment though, was focus. His occasional glances didn't even occur to her, while she was too busy observing the wounds to really look past it all.

"Mm. Your eye's gonna need more then cleaning. Might have to use the spray, might sting at first too... Should start to feel a 'cooling' sensation after though"
She says while pulling a canister of Bacta Spray from her IFAK pouch, Shaking it up like a paint can and setting it on the table.
Of course, then came those questions again, and she had to break focus for just a moment.

"Must be pretty important to stay down here, especially with everything that's been going on for the past few years. Planet's seen better days, that's for sure."
"Most people leave the first chance they get."

She found herself groaning, leaning an elbow against the table, hand and bacta spray resting under her chin while she looked off to the side. That usually neutral expression of hers had become one of regret while she chewed at the corner of her lip. At least the canister was cool to the touch, helping ground her thoughts in the present. if only somewhat.

"Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din" The young Mandalorian hummed mournfully, a sharp accent taking root for just a moment.
"I don't know what your family life is like. But Mando'ade, we- Family is of the utmost importance"

"There's another, like me. Trapped here, but by more... physical bonds. I want her back"

"I, I need you to close your eyes for me. Well, eye, I guess" Her attention back on the matter at hand, she shakes up the spray can again, resting her fingers on the trigger.

CORUSCANT, REVERIES

unknown.png

"You know. You live as long as I have on Coruscant, eventually, an Empire or a Republic comes. And turbolasers aren't exactly precision weapons when it comes to buildings and civilians."

He liked to tell himself it was a Sith turbolaser that did it.

But he couldn't tell.

"Just me now."

He looked down at first, then closed his non-swollen eye. He breathed in deeply, the spray hitting him in the face, an immediate burn followed by a cooling sensation.

"Hope you find her." The boxer said, waiting for her to finish up.

Last edited:

R E V E R I E S
smalldivdark.png
"Yeah"

"Me too"

Her voice had become softer. Quieter. Like it wanted to crack, but just couldn't. Goddamned chip. Part of her wanted to cry a little. If not now, than long before. But she just couldn't. It wouldn't let her. One could almost see it behind the dim glow in those eyes, like there was so much happening behind them, glimpsed only in the little cracks that formed in a stoic mask over all these years.

She took a moment to observe her handiwork, ever so gently directing his face from side to side with a gloved hand on his chin, making sure to catch each angle in the light.

She smiled softly, if only briefly.

"Well, your face should look a lot better in a day or two. You'd best rest up though, avoid fighting if you can"
If you can...

"Something tells me it's... your thing, though. Got the impression you've seen some chit, and it didn't start with boxing"

Leaning back in her seat, thumb on her chin, she squinted at the boxer in deep thought. Something familiar, even if he himself wasn't.
"Yeah, you remind me of someone..."

Eventually she just shrugged it off though, taking up that bottle of Spotchka they'd been sharing before, seemingly a little lighter now as she took a swig. A bigger one than before, even. But now she was just sort of staring off into the shadows around the room, taking a deep breath while she mulled something over.
"When I was a kid, I ran away from home for awhile... Just some girl with a lot to prove. Joined Death Watch for awhile, fought the Empire on Ordo as a guerilla during our short lived crusade"

"Took our Beskar back. Turned it into this,"
She tapped the bottle against her armor gently, producing a short but high pitched ✱Ringing sort of sound. "I fought from the shadows, just like I do now. Never got to see a full scale war, not from up close. But yeah... Had to learn about turbo lasers too"

CORUSCANT, REVERIES

unknown.png

He didn't say anything for a moment, but smirked.

"Just had a rough go at it for a while, you know." That of course, was an understatement.

He sat there for a while she worked on him, then gently took the bottle and took a swig.

"Who are you fighting now? I know who I fight- they're on a title card, but you... you seem like you're fighting the whole galaxy."

Last edited:

smalldivdark.png
She just stared. Nowhere in particular, save the steady increase in her sporadic glancing. "Hmh..."

In truth, The boxer's choice in words hit her somewhere she wasn't used to being hit. Maybe it was just an emotional response, One of the few her chip couldn't catch, one of those things she was taught to shove aside and thought she had. But as far as she could tell? It was the truth. The whole universe wanted her dead at this rate. And the feeling was mutual. The day she left the vat, little did she know it might have been the worst thing to ever happen to her.

Or was she somehow still better off than these poor souls?

Finally she took a deep breath, closing those tired eyes that seemed to glow faintly when she was no longer under the light.
"Maybe you're right..."
Strangely enough, her expression never really changed much. Always either indifferent or just tired.
Definitely tired right now.

"When... when the union left Mandalore, they did it because of a civil war in the shadows. A sect of Death Watch betrayed my mother, and all Mando'ade when they joined the Sith"

It was then that her tone changed, grip tightening ever so slightly on the table's edge. This wasn't about some forgotten war. This wasn't even about her people anymore. This was personal.

"They fled to 1313"

"And took something of mine with them"

CORUSCANT, REVERIES

unknown.png

Even the very name, the idea of it, caused Dax to give a bit of a pause.

But her story about the Death Watch- Mandalorians fighting Mandalorians, well. That was something that he just couldn't understand.

"Something or someone?"

He straightened up his back- perhaps flexing his physique a tiny bit.

Last edited:

smalldivdark.png
She just... kept staring. Even when the man stretched. Funny to think that she was oblivious as to how this whole situation might look. A young Twi'lek girl working on a half dressed boxer. Not like she had any experience with that side of things though. To her, this was just something warriors did.

But no, she just blinked a few times and gave the man a sidelong glance. Enough to make sure her Bacta spray was working, and little more.

"My mother..."

It was the first time she sounded genuinely concerned. That blank stare even looked a little more tired than before, like she'd been holding it in, or maybe even waiting to finally just say it, since long before they'd even met.

"It's not something for you to worry about, though. Just one more sad story down here, same as you. Same as every soul unfortunate enough to be down here"

Oh, but if she only knew. If she only knew what fate had in store for that unfortunate soul in the weeks to come.
Maybe she would have prepared for the sacrifice she'd have to make. But at the very least, it would be a worthwhile sacrifice in the end.

"Hmh. Are your wounds sealing properly?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom