Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Jedi Synchronicities

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
"There is great power in legends, in myth... somethings though are more then that. Thus wielding them requires something more then mere desire. It requires sometimes skills, sometimes items, sometimes another. I know this, I know that the act of learning, of controlling or mastering can take longer then there are breathes in this body in several lifetimes. Time itself is a but a barrier to those who fear its passing.... beyond vanity, beyond patience, beyond age there is an underlying thrum to the galaxy that binds all things.... and with that connection there is acceptence. With that connection the forbidden becomes the fulfilled... and anything becomes possible."​

She spoke the worlds into the holocron.. recording much of the information as standing there she demonstrated to it. Her body at first seeming to age to show on her what others without the force would look like. OLder, wrinkles, grey hair... her eyes going paler from time until she was more a withered woman. The look of age upon her and then slowly the skin seemed to crack and peel.. to break and become like a dissicated husk that broke away returning youth and looks. Black hair, pale skin and a renewed sense of vigor in her stance. She stood there as the recording and her words finished. Applying the lessons to the holocront o try and make it so her Jadeite and others would be able to gain the understanding that comes not just from knowledge but wisdom as well... could take a lot when she was walking. A smile on her face as her hands came up.

PRogress reports for their latest projects, from company needs to temples themselves.. they were always looking for ways to improve upon and develop different aspects. With the advances to their extragalactic vessels they had footholds in several of the galaxies and were rebuilding as well as exploring. Jedi temples that far out could mean a number of things such as the order being able to survive if there was another purge or plague that spread across the galaxy. Even on that front they were doing well as their medical advances saw one of the most potent healing agents developed and its mutagenic properties allowed it to adapt itself for those who might have an allergy letting them use it still and be safe. She could see all of the progress reports and looked at herself for a moment... she felt younger every day in most cases and turned around to look out the window at the temple.

Vulpesen held a wry grin as he leaned against the threshold, his golden eyes on Matsu as she recorded her being into the holocron. Those eyes however, held none of the mirth that filled his smile. He would always tease Matsu for her supposed deification, the ability for that woman to hold the force in the palm of her hand and twist the very stars at a whim, but still, that brief moment of seeing what lay beneath that power was sobering. Matsu Ike was many things. But like every other being in the galaxy, she was mortal. Her end would come someday, and assuming he survived his battlefields, Vulpesen would be there to see it. "Dermatologists must hate you," he said. He had arrived unannounced, indulging on one of his few flights of fancy.

He walked over to the jedi master, his tail swaying amicably as he released his hold on the currents of force energy which hid him from the senses of his old friend. "I've actually started on one of those myself," he mentioned, motioning to the holocron. "Might pass it on to my kids. Or I might launch it into some wild place for a person to find. Maybe Myrkr." He lifted a clawed finger to tap his chin as he joined her at the window, staring out temple. "Maybe I'll just make several so I don't have to choose."

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Vulpesen Vulpesen

"Possibly, I have not seen many and in terms of using it... takes a lot more energy then you could like." She said it and grinned though. "As for holocrons there is a benefit to having several in the galaxy to help guide others or make the one with a larger test that is needed." She said it with amusement though.. the tests and trials for a holocron could be just as much a learning experience as anything else and she dived into them. "So how are you doing old man?" She said it standing up and walking around. The view beautiful as her grin came and she looked up at him. "It has been awhile but it is good you are alive and safe if a little older."

"I think five thousand years is long enough for me. And I'm pretty sure that when my end comes, it won't be old age that gets me," he stated warmly. It was a truth that most Zorrens knew in their hearts. Theirs was not a kind that fell to the years, but rather the foes and enemies they made in their naturally combative lives. While old age was accepted in their culture, to die in bed was seen as a waste. Far better to lose your life in the defense of other, or in testing one's self.

"And I've been doing quite well. Life seems to be teetering somewhere between far too stagnant and an overabundance of excitement. Such is the way when war brews and one looks for their place within it." He continued to peer out on the land below as she commented on his continued survival, though he shook his head as she mentioned the word 'safe.' "If I were truly safe, I wouldn't have a squad of soldiers in my ship right now, ready to sprint on over hear at the slightest sound of trouble. But that's the life I lead. Wouldn't have it any other way. Safety gets boring. What about you? Staying out of trouble?"

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Vulpesen Vulpesen

"Trouble is relative, though I find myself mostly content. I train, I teach, I live, I explore and learn." She said it standing there. "And Safety isn't boring it can be rather nice for a change of pace. No matter how instinctual it is constant combat wears the mind and body down." She did look at him though and held a hand up. "But there is no need for guards here.... and you know if I had such an intention there is unlikely a chance they would be able to do anything." She said it and looked at her for a moment longer with a small grin while her hand turned forming a glass and it filled itself. Art of the small taken to a much more powerful level as she manipulated the matter around herself. "Though having you here does allow for a few things.. first and foremost. I am building a network of silver jedi temples across the universe. We have the choushin and arisen which allows a quantum network that is connected over vast distances. It lets each temple retain knowledge itself and spread it throughout the order and the Arisen are a hive mind in each of the temples." She said it and walked around a little. "I was hoping the uniqueness of Varadune would be able to aid in this." A small nod. "THe other thing was, I want to get your opinion on something we found or maybe it found us."

"For me, safety is being locked in an office pouring over forms and bills. Vetoing, accepting,a nd proposing ways to make Veradune a better place. Its important work and I'm proud and honored that the Veran people chose me to do it. That being said, I can't tell you how many times I found my head pounding into the desk I begged the force to send someone to shoot me." He motioned out the window towards where his ship had landed. "And they aren't really for my benefit. More so that future generations will have precedent. I assure you, my men are well aware of how redundant their jobs are. Not to say they aren't the best of the best."

Vulpesen's eyes widened as Matsu filled her glass with nothing but the particles of the air. It was things like that which made him realize that no matter how powerful he became, there were still mysteries he had yet to learn. As he listened to Matsu's proposal, the wilder reached into his pocket and pulled out a far more mundane flask to unscrew and sip from. The truth was, if any other jedi had asked, the answer would be a simple no. But Vulpesen, and indeed, Zorrens as an entire species owed Matsu Ike Matsu Ike a debt. It was her artifacts which had allowed him to resurrect his people, and her work which had helped protect his life in battle. "I'll bring it to the Excelsus council, and the next Archon meeting. Veradune belongs to the wilders, but I'll not have it said that we Zorrens dont pay our debts." He lifted his flask up for another swig before twisting the cap back on and putting away. "So, what did you find?"

Vulpesen Vulpesen

SHe bowed to him for the temple. He would take it and she wasn't going to force it upon them while she tapped a finger on the desk and letting the screen come up it showed a humanoid standing in a room. Thick muscled and still in the center. "This is patient eight seven two. We were not able to find identification on themselves, their vessel or with facial recognition." She stayed there as the screen stayed on them and when movement came from a droid their head shot up... jaws opening into a large maw of teeth before attacking it and trying to rend the metal from it. "Their lethargic at first even sedimentry. From what we are guessing it is a form of hibernation that lures in prey and when they strike the tongue releases a barb with thousands of eggs into skin. It doesn't work well with a droid but they try,"

SHe said it as the thing stopped attacking while the droid held it back and left the room. THe jedi master tapping again to change it and the filter for the monitor changed showing the body and it was bright on thermal... red and orange all over as she zoomed showing a writhing mass within the body. "THey are called Vu-La." She tapped again zooming out. "These are the Abersyn Symbiote." SHe tapped it and a nasty looking bug thing appeared. "Parasitic in nature, they attach to the nervous system of a species and have been on a galactic list of species to terminate as soon as they are discovered. They are civilization enders in most cases." SHe let the screen go and showing the outline of the Vu-la vs the abersyn as parts looked similar enough to denote ancestry. "And these are the Rozzum."

SHe said it and brought up archive footage of various creatures, mismatched flesh, eyes, teeth and limbs. "They come from a dimension where they don't really have a form and seek to overtake a host. The Pius Dea used them in experiments with the ORder fo the Terrible Glare on other species." She set it up on the screen. "We do not know entirely what happened but it seems that abersyn were sent to the dimension of the rozzum and the two intermixed. These Vu-la are a result and connect to the Abersyn's hive mind in a dangerous way. They learn, they can operate and they can spread like the rozzum. ONe host housing tens of thousands until the body is near bursting. Internal organs being liquified and operation being by larve. THey seek to spread and grow the hive mind across the dimensions and open for more."

SHe said it and showing it all on the screen the footage showed other parts of it. Mostly later as the same humanoid was larger, their skin visible tearing itself almost as things writhed under the surface. "We do not know if they can be cured but once the muscle and bones are largely gone the body surviving wouldn't matter. These things aare nasty Vulpesen but thankfully they are vulnerable to most things aand one can crush a worm with very little pressure. It is just a matter of being able to not be swarmed by thousands of them trying to find a host." She said it and the room was filled with a flash of heat as the surfaces were being cleaned with additional flames. "The best we have been able to use to handle them is cryo-forges and concentrated purge protocols. TO make sure nothing remains that might spread infection."

Vulpesen grimaced at the sight of the feral creature as it attacked and ravaged the droid in its containment cell. Matsu's breakdown and explanation of the creature also did little to settle the unease he felt as he studied the creature on the screen. "Where'd you pick up this one? And how many do we think are out there?" His hands twitched at his sides, fingers ghosting against his pistol and saber. On the bright side, his friend had mentioned that the parasites could be exterminated by cold or fire. He assumed that such purges might also be capable through copious amounts of lightning, something he was quite capable of unleashing.

"The sith have already been attacking the Galactic Alliance with a plague of the undead. Not we have to worry about whatever the hell that is, getting loose?" He turned and raised a brow at the silver jedi. "I've never been one for genocide, but perhaps a forceful response would be best in ensuring that this Vu-la don't become a danger to the rest of the galaxy."

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Vulpesen Vulpesen

"Currently?" She said it and looked at him. "No idea, they are extradimensional which is a benefit but their hive mind is powerful and can connect through the barrier. THe few colonies we have found largely are isolated away from planets.... and we have developed a necrotic countermeasure as well as innoculation. The Harvesters research was big in developing a way to counter outbreaks." It also helped they had combined it with a mutagenic so it would adapt and be able to be applied to every species with a slim to almost no rejection rate. "We have been working on the problem and solutions since the Harevestors attacked and solutions are important it is why we sacrificed so much to get the cure data... same with these fighting against ones who were trying to do what the pius dea did and open a rift." She said it and moved around to look at him... "But they are ugly and dangerous... you'll know if they are around better then some of the other things we found since they morph the body over time. Some of the other things we have found do not."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom