Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG All Work and No Play Makes Holly a Dull Girl

As I consider new characters I realized I could be doing more with my existing characters as well.

I would like to develop Holly more. The essential problem with this character is that she is an HNN reporter and what inevitably ends up happening is I get tons of interview requests and then I burn myself out completing those threads but have no chance to actually develop her socially or as a person. I would like to change that.

I am looking for some social interactions with Holly. Now they could be HNN related, such as a murder investigation, a political scandal etc but what I do not want is a billion requests for interviews. While those threads are fun they leave little room to develop Holly as a person.

So here are some ideas for threads:

Idea # 1 - The Reaper:
Coruscant is being plagued by a serial killer! Four bodies in four days and police are completely stumped. A team is called in to investigate and Holly is there, annoying them, getting news, and ultimately getting in the way dangerously.

How to get involved:
  • be the killer
  • be the investigators
  • be the victims

Idea # 2 - Socialites and Scandals
A large party for whatever government. Holly makes the guest list. She’s enjoying herself when she overhears something she should not have. Now her life is in danger and it up to a team of Jedi to protect her and figure out what’s going on, while contending with Holly and her nosy ways.

How to get involved:
  • be the ones hunting Holly
  • be the Jedi protecting her
  • be at the party dancing , flirting, hanging out etc.

Idea # 3 - Every Lois needs a Clark:
Holly has a new partner! The issue is she doesn’t play well with others. She is head strong, nosy, pushy, and will do anything to get the story. Can a mild mannered reporter keep up with her?

How to get involved:
- talk to me about being the Clark Kent to this Lois Lane.

I am also open to other ideas.

Again no interviews please.

Thank you.

Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad || Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

Here's hoping I'm not too late happening along this, but are you in need for an antagonist to this little excursion? I'm not 100% on what "Artemis" would be doing in the present plan, outside patchworking the second idea in as well?

Never too late for a bad guy! What are some things Artemis would be up to? Maybe Holly knows too much? Or maybe she’s investigating him and the Mando is protecting her while she does that?

Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

I'd wager the former would be the better option, as funny as the idea of a journalist chasing a walking talking weapons platform around to learn his backstory would be - that would also technically fall into your conundrum of "interviews" if Holly she does catch him.

Spit-balling a little, Holly could have either heard something during some nebulous event or the person who hired Artemis merely thought she heard something important, or perhaps funnier still a case of mistaken identity. Artemis is hunting someone that looks like Holly and merely mistakes her as this mystery person.

If you want to go the route of Holly chasing Artemis, then it'll be much of the same as the inverse. Artemis going somewhere, hired by one group or another, committing war crimes for money, and generally being a surly and perpetually touchy hunk of scrap metal. It also depends on the tone you want to set: I can either play Artemis 100% straight as a villain or a sort of exasperated, Grievous-type.

The choice is up to what general path you want this to go.

So here is my idea:

Someone is trying to frame Holly. A video shows Holly robbing a Hutt controlled bank and the Hutts are furious. They hire Artemis to kill her and HNN hires Minerva to protect her. But all Holly wants to do is find out who’s framing her….

Let me know your thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom