Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Zothan's "Big Red" Chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt

And Everything is Blue, like him.
kuroshitsuji__grell__s_chainsaw_by_differentiation-d3jxwvz.jpg

Image Source: Differentiation (Through DeviantArt)
Intent: A personal weapon for Zothan
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Zothan and Syrra Venn
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Zothan Venn
Modularity: Power cells only
Production: Unique
Material: Turadium and Durasteel
Classification: Sword (I guess.... It's really a souped-up chainsaw)
Size: Two-handed
Length: 1 meter (blade)
Weight: 4kg
Special Features: Pretty damn hard to cut. Other than that, it's simply a chainsaw with an upped rotation speed
Description: Zothan Venn developed an unhealthy fascination with power tools when she and her twin were tramping about the galaxy as thieves. When she first discovered a chainsaw, she was simply in love. Since then, she has become obsessed with unconventional melee combat.... So she took the insides of a chainsaw, a chain and rounded slab of turadium, and a bunch of blaster battery packs. It's pretty resistant to most other blades, and Zothan's heightened reflexes can make her move fast enough to actually block blaster shots, but only rarely.

The downside, of course, is apparrent. It's just a large, heavy spinning blade. It's reach is large, but nobody but Zothan would ever use something as truly insane as a gigantic chainsaw as a weapon. Besides this, Zothan would never think to use the saw as anything other than a blade. She could probably throw it like a lightsaber if she wanted to, but she avoids ranged combat except at her most desparate moments.

[member="Zothan Venn"]

Fortunately, I was able to find the B1 Battledroid with a similiar concept, otherwise I was going to ask for a drastic concept change. However, I will say there will have to be some changes in order to approve this.

• Turadium is going to require a development thread in my opinion. It's a near LR material and based on what you're attempting to do, manufacturing, ect...I'd only see it fitting.
  • Cutting through other metals is something else entirely, how is this achievable unless it heats up to melt into it initially?
  • Is the metal the only capability it has to deflect the blaster bolts? Or is that also character movement?

Cobalt

And Everything is Blue, like him.
Aaralyn Rekali said:
[member="Zothan Venn"]

Fortunately, I was able to find the B1 Battledroid with a similiar concept, otherwise I was going to ask for a drastic concept change. However, I will say there will have to be some changes in order to approve this.

• Turadium is going to require a development thread in my opinion. It's a near LR material and based on what you're attempting to do, manufacturing, ect...I'd only see it fitting.
  • Cutting through other metals is something else entirely, how is this achievable unless it heats up to melt into it initially?
  • Is the metal the only capability it has to deflect the blaster bolts? Or is that also character movement?
Is there a weapon metal of similar resistance that can be done without a dev thread? I'm a little short on time. I can do the heat shunting bit, but I thought chainsaws could cut through a bunch of metals....

As for the deflection, I mentioned that it was partially movement based, if Zothan has her Force Premonition functioning properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom