Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ziton APC

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeon_apc.jpg

Image Source: Gundam Concept art, Zeon APC. Bandi entertainment. Found here
Intent: To provide a means of quickly moving ground troops.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Sun Forged Industries
Model: Ziton APC
Affiliation: Black Sun
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel
Description: Lightly armored, the Ziton tries to skirt the more intense fighting and release its troops early so it can retreat again. Infantry unequipped with anti-armor or mines will find it a difficult target however as it's repeating laser is more than enough to penetrate most mass-produced armors and its LVOS (light vehicle obscuration system) can either hide it for retreat and unloading troops, or choke out it's attackers with tear gas.

While the exposed tires are an obvious target and handily incapacitated by mines, they are easily replaced by a recovery vehicle and the vehicle's hull is shaped to direct blasts away from the crew and passengers (though their survival is by no means a sure thing). The rear loading ramp is also a prime target as its only an inch-and-a-half of flat durasteel that leads right into the passenger compartment compared to the thicker angled armor the rest of the Ziton sports. A pair of covered firing ports cut into it compensates for this and allows passengers to fire personal weapons out without exposing themselves.

Role: Troop Transport
Height: 3M
Length: 6.5m
Width: 2.6m
Weight: 15 Tons
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 3
Propulsion: Wheels
Top Speed: 95 Km/h
Armaments: 1 Repeating laser cannon
1 Coaxial repeating blaster
Passenger Capacity: 12
Cargo Capacity: 10 Tons (no passengers) 250 kg (with passengers)
Misc. Equipment: 10 single use smoke/tear gas launchers (5 a side)
Long-range radio system.

Considering it's a metal tube with a plastic cap, electrical ignition, and is no more complex than any mortar or any other single round grenade launcher, I didn't bother looking for one. I'll be happy to make a separate tech sub for one should you deem it necessary. Though upon searching, I did find this page with several examples of portable and vehicle mounted grenade launchers.
[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Domino"]

I'd prefer a separate tech sub. The provided link only provides me with the concept of the machine, not what it can be loaded with, what sort of range it has, how much ammunition it can be loaded with, etc.

Sub incoming, but as a quick rundown, grenades (specifically smoke and tear gas which are fairly standard), 25-50 meters (this is close obscuration), 1 round each for ten total shots in a spread that doesn't allow for targeting beyond 'this general area in front of us and to the sides a bit.'
Hopefully that'll clear up any differences from the sub that may arise and provide vehicle specifics.
[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Domino"]

Your LVOS is pending, so go ahead and edit it in to the submission over the military link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom