Born to create tech!
- Intent: Design a hyperdrive to be implemented into various types of Frigates
- Image Source: Here
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: Here
- Manufacturer: Zayne Industries
- Model: ZI-B396 F-class Hyperdrive Generator
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Modularity: No
- Material: Titanium-Chromium Compound, Circuitry, Doonium Inner plating, Durasteel Outer Plating
- Able to enter Hyperspace
- Inertial Compensators (Included, but replaceable)
- Special slots for a Null Quantum Field Generator
- Enduring Quality: This hyperdrive has the state of the art circuitry which helps allow this tech to stay at its top performance for many years to come.
- Tough Build: Extra layers of Durasteel has been included in the outer plating to add an extra 15% in durability to the hyperdrive from its original design.
- Wax On & Wax Off: As a very simple hyperdrive, its maintenance is very quick and easy to do. The maintenance itself only needs to be done every 6 months.
- Embarrassing Difficulty: Any EMPs or Ion Shots can be disastrous to the hyperdrive, from being disabled temporary to becoming completely useless. So try to keep the frigate from avoiding any fatal blows from those types of weaponry, if not, say goodbye to hyperspace.
- Not a Zombie: If under 40% durability, it is unable to be repaired. It can keep on running but won't come back to its original strength and would need to be replaced in a matter of days.
The ZI-B396 F-class Hyperdrive Generator is a new product produced by Zayne Industries. This unit is a larger modified version of the ZI-B394 and ZI-B395 models. To fit its purpose of being a hyperdrive for frigates, the circuitry and components have been upgraded to match the larger size starship.
One of the main upgrades in this model is the long-lasting quality, a newer concept brought to Zayne Industries. The goal was to not heighten the quality but to keep it for as long as possible. Now its estimated the quality won't dwindle until the hyperdrive is either 3 to 4 years used or damaged under 70%. A very nice upgrade indeed to this product.
There are 2 more aspects added also, but was not as difficult to implement as the previous upgrade. Several layers of durasteel were added to the outer plating to bulk up its armor. This was imperative because frigates are usually used in the field of battle and the armor would help it in the future combat scenarios. In general, apart from its upgraded features, the hyperdrive is fairly simple. So maintaining it won't be as hard as well, just keep it clean and do several exercises checks every now and then.
Just in general, EMP and Ion Shots can heavily damage the Hyperdrive. Proton torpedoes inflict 10% damage to this hyperdrive while Ion Torpedoes are able to go up from 15-25% damage. But that's what shielding is for, so the hyperdrive won't be completely vulnerable if the Frigate is equipped with one.