[IMAGE]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To provide the Confederacy with an easily transported, automated turret to help provide perimeter security to important areas and temporary encampments.
- Development Thread: N/A
- Designer: Xhal Taleed
- Manufacturer: Geonosian Industries
- Model: Zhug-Class Turret Droid
- Affiliation: The Confederacy of Independent Systems
- Modularity: Yes [Weapon Type]
- Production: Mass
- Material: Durasteel
- Classification: Fourth Degree
- Weight: 30 Kilograms
- Height: 0.96 Meters
- Movement: Stationary
- [x1] Heavy Repeating Blaster [Effective range of 375 meters]
- [x1] Stun Rifle [Effective range of 200 meters]
- [x1] Droid Brain
- [x1] NeuroSaav K-64 Targeting System
- [x1] EnhanceScan General-Purpose Scanner
- [x1] Vocabulator
Getting security for areas can sometimes be difficult. That’s why Geonosian Industries brings you a relatively innocuous but helpful product: the Zhug-Class Turret Droid. Designed for vigilance and and perception, the Zhug-Class Turret droid simply sits where you leave it and watches for any trespassers. Depending on the level of security you’d like to employ, the Zhug can either be deployed as a stun weapon or a heavy repeating blaster. It can also be configured to issue warnings to trespassers (any number of your choosing), or to just open fire immediately if you’re so inclined. Zhugs are also resuable and can be deactivated, moved, and then re-deployed at almost a moment’s notice.
The Zhug-Class cannot move. Although it possesses two stabilizers that activate to keep it anchored to the ground, a Force User sufficiently strong in the art of telekinesis would probably be able to uproot it. If the Zhug detects that it has been knocked over, it simply gives up and enters a shut down state.