Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Zenturi

Status
Not open for further replies.
8f6cd_MeduzartsSubaruEp3INetGraFX.jpg

Name: Zenturi

Image Source: digitalmofo.com

Classification: Metropolis

Affiliation: The Techno Empire

Population: 6,000,000

Demographics: 65% Human, 30% Mixed Alien Races, 5% Geonosian. There is also a sizeable droid population.

Points of Interest:
  • The Citadel - A huge, towering palace, the citadel is a iconic landmark of the city, and the home of the government of the Techno Empire. It is carved out of marble and steel, and coated with tiny mirrors so that it glows in the sunlight. It is the largest building in the city, and is visible from nearly everywhere, reminding people of the might of the TE. Inside, the main hall is used as a meeting chamber to hold the executive council's of the empire, while the rooms to the side are used to provide a place for council members to stay. The Upper Levels are inhabited by the Supreme Commander and his/her lieutenants. The entire palace is serviced by a host of servants, and a placement of guards protect the front gate.
  • The Armoury - A secret underground vault, where nearly all the weapons and experimental technology of the empire is kept safe. These include top secret weapons which are best lost to the passage of time. Nearly any type of weapon you can think of, is locked away deep in this vault. The entrance is hidden in the quarters of the gatekeeper, who keeps it locked away. There is also second entrance via a passage in the citadel. The walls of the bunker are reinforced, and some of the more dangerous weapons are kept in isolated cells, in case of an accident or a break in.
  • The 8 Engines - A huge industrial complex, made up of eight separate factories linked with conveyor lines and hydraulic tubing. It is the biggest factory in the city, and in fact, the entire Empire, creating the necessary goods to keep the wheels rolling. Raw materials are processed and utilised to create weaponry for the empire, as well as small starships and exotic military designs.
  • The Infinite Embassy's - A collection of housing provided for visiting diplomats. The houses are separate, and beautifully decorated, both outside and in. Droid servants man all the houses, to serve the guests - and to detain them if diplomacy fails. The housing is luxurious, and their view of the city is such that they are kept away from the worst parts of the city.

Description: Zenturi is the capital city of the Techno Empire, and is located on the desert surface of geonosis. The TE is the successor to the Techno Union, and thus it had a large range of resources with which to build the city. The city is spit into 5 different sectors: The Imperial, The Industrial, The Residential, The Recreational and The Military. The Imperial sector is the smallest but the most wealthy, and it is here that the citadel and the infinite embassy's are located. The buildings here are brand new, and of a high standard, both aesthetically and practically. Most visitors to the city only see this area, and thus receive a much brighter view of the city than the people who live in the other sectors. The industrial sector is the largest, and is covered with factories, science labs, and power stations. Most of the people who work in the industrial sector are scientists, as most of the production is done by droids. The residential sector is the area where the majority of the population live, and is also rather poor and run down. Though some parts are relatively comfortable, others are in deep disrepair, and in danger of collapsing. The recreational sector is filled with shops, museums, leisure centre's and the like. Most of the population work here, and a handful live here as well. The military sector is comprised of barracks, hangars, vehicle bays and training grounds. It is here that the armoury is located, and where most of the troops in the city are trained. The city is run by the Commander of Geonosis, though he/she does not generally reside in the city.

History: When the Techno Empire was first forged, large amounts of corporations combined with the force of the old TU, to create the resources needed to begin their empire. One of the first things done was building Zenturi on geonosis, and designating it the capital. Geonosis had long been part of the old TU, and much of their infrastructure was still in place, allowing for a easy transition. The race of geonosians still had a strong hold on the planet, but it was not as strong as in times gone by, as their population had declined over the years. They had very little power out in the open desert were Zenturi was constructed, but most of the geonosians had come to prosper under the TU, and many were more than happy about it's rebirth. Still, it was not the first choice of the TE - many other planet's were considered, such as Lirra, and Tatooine. Ultimately, Geonosis was chosen so that they could easily use the factories and mines of the planet. Nearly all of the minor settlements on Geonosis pledged their alliance to the TE, as they had been part of the TU for decades, and stiff felt the effects of it's dissolution. These settlements helped to provide resources for the construction of the city, and allow for it's rapid construction. Battalions of troops flew in from across the galaxy, many of them old TU veterans, and came to populate it. Over time, civilians appeared as well, mostly refugees from the hundreds of conflicts going on in the galaxy. The TE greeted them with open arms, and the civilian population bloomed, giving rise to the residential and recreational sectors. Since then, it has expanded rapidly, and now has grown to a large metropolis of activity, creating the beating heart of the entire techno empire.

Intent: To create a setting for the techno empire to begin at, and have a place to call home.

Links: N/A

This looks pretty good, no major problems I have with it.

Since this is a large city, could you expand upon it's history and how it came to be? A short paragraph for a metropolis will not cut it, perhaps you want to add upon the detail of what's already there or expand with new information. Maybe include how zenturi has a high droid population. This is up to you, however I think it would improve the quality of the sub and the city in general. Especially for RP. I'd prefer it match at least the size of the description, and of course there is no limit to how long.

Jake Haxedros said:
Population: Large - Metropolis
Can you give me a number, a vague number is fine. Around [insert number] would work or you could give me the exact number. Just, large is too versatile in my opinion. Large could be 100,000 or 10,000,000.

Lastly, could you add a sentence or two more to the description of notable locations, and maybe even a picture to go along with them. (However the picture is just a personal nit pick of mine, not necessary).

[member="Jake Haxedros"]

Nice edits, I really like the picture choices, and the history you added is a marked improvement as well. Makes the city seem more believable.

As I am a new judge (you were my first sub in fact, so that's neat) I need to mention some other more experienced judges for this to move on.

[member="Darth Prazutis"]

From Wookiepedia:At least 5 years after the end of the Clone Wars, the Death Star was moved to another construction site,[13] prompting the Empire to use bombs and other foreign weapons to sterilize the planet as a security measure, killing almost the entire Geonosian species.

Most of the population are refugees from other conflicts in the galaxy, and are thus a mixed group. A large percentage of humans will have come from Lirra, which provided the troops to start up the city, accounting for the high human population.

[member="Darth Prazutis"]

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="Jake Haxedros"]

It's been over 800 years since that event, and the geonosians are a hive species. Hive species breed exorbitantly faster and more frequently albeit typically living shorter lives than non hive species. While it does factor in its so far in the past that the geonosians species would have recovered to a degree by this point, we're coming up on a millennium.

[member="Darth Prazutis"] What do you think of his reasoning?

[member="Jake Haxedros"]
I have been looking over this, and I decided it still needs more history. And I agree with Prazutis that the current state of the planet would be different from it's state after the battle of Yavin. Can you elaborate on the planets current state, and also will you go in and add history explaining why the Techno Empire chose Geonosis. I'm assuming it was barren of sentient life, if that is correct then that would mean not much activity would be coming out of the planet. As such, it would be a great place for creating an empire, albeit slowly. Can you just go in and explain the process, how long it took, why the planet was chosen, etc.

After the aforementioned history is added, I would personally be ready to put this in pending approval as I believe that your response is sound. However I still need Prazutis's consent to do so.

Edited.

Just for clarity, the city's population is mostly from other planets that were in the hold of the TU - not geonosis itself. Also, the settlements mentioned were created by TU officials after the Dominion of Geonosis.

[member="Nymeria Vizsla"] [member="Darth Prazutis"]

Shadow Hand
Top Poster Of Month
[member="Jake Haxedros"] | [member="Nymeria Vizsla"]

The source you've linked takes me to a labeled 'canon' page. Canon and Legends are very different on the star wars wiki. Its a gray area on Chaos but typically we go by legends, which in this case means Geonosis wasn't sterilized. However a lot has happened in Chaos lore history with plagues, the netherworld event, and many invasion, dominions, and events that specifically targeted the Geonosians. I'd like for you to find a medium and explain in the history the declined population of geonosians, but acknowledge the fact that they as a people still are present as a larger population.

I've edited it, but this is just a city sub. The city is a recent construction by the TE, and is populated by immigrant races. I don't see any real reason why they have to be mentioned, as such. Nevertheless, edited. [member="Darth Prazutis"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom